New to Necro, need PvE builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stratos.9375

Stratos.9375

Hello there. As title says, I’m new to Necro. I used the Lv80 boost Anet gave us a while back on a Necro, but now I’m totally clueless on how to play it so I need various builds:

1: for Tier 4 fractals. I’m looking for the best POWER and the best CONDI builds so 2 builds. And which is the best of those two. Best being highest DPS and being able to survive in T4 stuff.

2: For solo-roaming in HoT or in small groups. I don’t care if it’s power or condi, I just want to be able to deal the highest damage while not dying.

Thank you very much! Also, for general open world, looking for the highest mobility build since I feel Necro is a slowish class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

For #2 I’ve been playing a Valkyrie build of reaper and its quite fun. It’s a shroud build with high vit and high crit chance when in shroud. I do enough damage and can take some pretty big hits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

For #1 go to dulfy.net, find the gw2 guides, and find the necro guide by spoj. Those are your reference guides for fully organised competent groups.
Then watch the youtube guides by DEKeyzToChaos for something similar on video.
Then watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beuOQ_JdsA4 for an eyebrow raiser.

For #2 I think double shroud camping is hard to beat because you can get 20-25 might + vuln by auto-attacking with 100% crit chance. It does maybe 20% more DPS than the very best organized group builds when not in an organized group. See for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-b5ogp9rdo (also works fine in berserker gear with one less crit trait).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

That’s for power, with good detail and 2 variations. Dulfy guide is also good, if a bit outdated. Metabattle, for a change, offers decent (and exactly the same) condi build.

As for solo – whatever. Above mentioned power works awesome, meta condi works awesome. The one with least possible effort and most safety is minion master though: Death/Blood/Reaper with all minions and Rise shout.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

(edited by Wintermute.5408)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I do run power build with GS and am very happy about it – check Brazil’s YT channel for great videos.

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in Necromancer

Posted by: leasm.1279

leasm.1279

I’m having a blast while exploring HoT with this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRAnY4dnM0At0g10AebC0bilaBLeLWGPjQdtAwMYaJMF2CA-TxxEwAe0PAwEkhTCwgnAoEMl6Pm2fIpyPBBwO-e

Equips: pretty much Berserker
Traits: Blood Magic + Spite + Reaper
Utilities: Wells + Shouts

For easy fights just unleashing all your AoE is enough to clear a weak group (for example, raptors). Axe #3 + Dagger #4 + Dagger #5 + Wells. I use Sigil of Fire for some more AoE.

For longer fights, the thing is stacking Might from Shroud #1. Hitting enemies below 50% also gives Might. Being hit also gives Might due to Strength runes. And critical hits give Might as well from Strength sigils. Then, every Chill application applies Vulnerability thanks to Bitter Chill, which triggers Decimate Defenses, increasing my critical chance. Against bosses or other enemies that last longer you’ll have 25 stacks of Might and almost 100% critical chance. Finally, I like using Ghost Pepper Popper as food, which adds Might or Chill triggering again on critical hits.

Survivability is pretty good IMO, thanks to Blood Magic’s leeching, protection from Wells, Rise, and Blighter’s Boon.