New trait, thoughts?

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

It clearly isn’t a boon as said in the description. You guys can want it to be good all you like. Heck, I want it to be good. But mathematically it is just horrendus. 30 points for conditional regen? That really is all it is. In PvP I am talking about so maybe its good in PvE (probably is) but in PvP condition build it sucks. Could be better in power build But I doubt it.

I’m throwing the challenge flag on your “math” skills, and your analytical skills in general.

But that’s fine. You continue to focus solely on extreme situations where Traits don’t work and rule them out completely before we even see them in game. I’d personally rather not settle for mediocrity.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fuzion.4193

Fuzion.4193

My concern falls in line with equipment stat flexibility, since they’re trying to make “switching builds on the fly” a thing. Equipment is costly, especially for anyone that obtained ascended gear, or for anyone that bought transmutation stones to skin their desired looks over existing gear with desired stats.

I have full ascended gear on my character, from armor to weapons – all in Rabid due to being a condition build Well-o-mancer.

Chances are low I’ll try this new Grandmaster build out if I don’t have the gear to compliment it and frankly, I don’t want to spend another 6 months of farming to create another gear set to “swap out” builds effectively.

It does sound like, though, there will be more Grandmaster abilities revealed soon. It’s my hope that I won’t have to invest in another gear set-up, because I don’t have it in me to do it all over again.

I left another MMO that I was heavily invested in with max characters and gear, much like my characters in GW2 are, because game devs changed the system up so much that it destroyed my time investment and made it worthless.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

bah it just means we minion master finaly have a good reason to go all the way to 30 in death magic now not only will we heal like pigs from vampiric master and regeneration we also will keep Healing while in death shroud. I will laugh at my near immortal state (you try to kill me in spvp? Good luck i already overheal most damage + even if you reach my 25% ill go into stasis from svanir and then heal at a moment notice the second i get out of the ice block ;P… buying times) I see this grandmaster trait as a testament to the death magic based specialities.

I just hope this wont spell a huge nerf of necromancer in general

Necromancer will finaly fill the niche of the ultimate sustain class in the game (i heal for around 300+ per seconds from pets and add to this near perma regeneration now ill also heal in death shroud… good)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Necro absolutely needs something not-MM in DM GM but the choice is odd. Why not just a toughness bonus or stability in DS?

I know picking the right skill is very difficult but this one ties vitality and toughness trait lines just like Dhuumfire as if sacrificing 30 pts int DM were not enough. Well, at least players with healing gear will see a very small improvement in regeneration but, in practical terms, I think only newer players who like turtling will use DS like that. DS was never designed for fleeing bad situations so I have to admit some surprise at the about face in design policy. Maximizing the regen by running away in DS without any CC… I do not know but will test it.

I dont think this trait is about fleeing. And dont forget deathmagic trait line is about minions and defense (and boons-.-).

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I think this trait can certainly have positive implications, but it depends on where you are coming from. If you’re thinking tpvp, this trait is probably meaningless. PVE too, probably. But in WvW where attrition is very valuable in roaming especially, this is a potentially powerful trait.

It also sounds fun for my just-for-kicks cleric spvp hotjoin build. But that doesn’t mean anything.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yami.9035

Yami.9035

It’s a good trait , but we will have to make some sacrifice for benefir it . Apo / shaman necro will finally make sense .

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

kyubi.3620

Im already running cleric minion master… with this trait ill be unstoppable 8D (no seriously MM dont need any actual glass cannon gear you want support gear mainly so cleric apo or shaman)

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

This trait is terrible guys sorry. Conditional regen? Not really going to help vs 8k pistol whips or 12k ele bursts. Seriously this trait is one of the worst GM traits in the game.

Depends what they did at 5 15 and 25. If they did nothing there is an argument to be made it is pretty weak. That said, it is still way better than minion focused GM traits for someone who doesn’t use minions.

And to the discussion of it being in the wrong tree, it could be a buff you get going into DS that gives you “shrouded regeneration” increased by boon duration lasting in DS and 5 seconds after leaving DS or some such + boon duration. I wouldn’t pass judgement withouth knowing the mechanics yet.

It clearly isn’t a boon as said in the description. You guys can want it to be good all you like. Heck, I want it to be good. But mathematically it is just horrendus. 30 points for conditional regen? That really is all it is. In PvP I am talking about so maybe its good in PvE (probably is) but in PvP condition build it sucks. Could be better in power build But I doubt it.

I will certainly admit to being overly optimistic… but that is entirely around the fact I no longer feel like a let down is going to put me in a sad gaming state for the 4 months till the next balance patch. I will just leave. There weren’t many good options 6 months ago, but now…

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

bah it just means we minion master finaly have a good reason to go all the way to 30 in death magic

You already had a good reason to go 30 Death as MM; 20/0/30/20/0 was already more popular than 20/0/20/30/0.

On topic, I have two big thoughts;

1. I hope that we get healing affecting our healthpool while in Death Shroud instead of doing nothing.
2. If the Death Line revamp looks nice post-patch, it might be interesting to take something like a 20/0/30/0/20 spread for strong LF generation, blast boosters and Vital Persistence.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

kyubi.3620

why run this trait? to run minion master of course… i was running 30 in death magic only because of death nova poison application but poison has little purpose in pve. Im still curious about what they doing to the death line.. i realy hope they dont make MM weaker as a result of this however…

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I assume they remade the minors already and at least the GM minor helps someway to make synergy with this trait to heal with Regen too or enable allied heals to us in DS.

It was not about minor/major traits it was about stat optimalisation. Right now to have the most optimal stats to wield this trait you need healing and death shroud( thus healing power/vitality and death shroud). So that is 90 trait points, also the best armor for this trait is magi/shaman which is completely useless in pve and even not avaidable in pvp.

Also neccesairy stats healing power/vitality and in a boon duration/toughness trait line?

EverythingOP

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

I assume they remade the minors already and at least the GM minor helps someway to make synergy with this trait to heal with Regen too or enable allied heals to us in DS.

It was not about minor/major traits it was about stat optimalisation. Right now to have the most optimal stats to wield this trait you need healing and death shroud( thus healing power/vitality and death shroud). So that is 90 trait points, also the best armor for this trait is magi/shaman which is completely useless in pve and even not avaidable in pvp.

Also neccesairy stats healing power/vitality and in a boon duration/toughness trait line?

Why the hell do you need vitality? Yes ds (and the lifeforce generating skills) scales with vitality but i would rather stack toughness instead of vitality if i go for healing power and dont forget toughness also effects ds.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

It’s exciting to see that we might finally get some attrition capability for non-minion builds. I’m not exactly sure what it’s doing in the death tree, but I’ll take it. Of course it all depends on how well it scales with healing power. If the scaling is identical to that of regeneration, it will probably be a letdown.

But it’s nice to see that a.net is finally beginning to realize that healing power becoming a viable investment is a fundamentally healthy thing for the class. That, more than anything, is what I’m hoping for when it comes to my necromancer.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Had it allowed us to heal from all sources it would have been great and also offered some worthwhile synergy with blood. As it stands I’ve got to say it seems like a garbage trait. Will they ever stop overbalancing the necromancer?

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Why the hell do you need vitality? Yes ds (and the lifeforce generating skills) scales with vitality but i would rather stack toughness instead of vitality if i go for healing power and dont forget toughness also effects ds.

1. conditions ignore tougness and death shroud is lacking in condition removal.
2. The advantage toughness has in a normal setting is because healing power doesn’t scale (directly) which LF generation does.
3.Every stat in toughness allows you equally long in death shroud as vitality against power builds.

EverythingOP

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

In other news, we get the details on it tomorrow, so no theory after that. Here is hoping for a buff that persists! I can dream.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

I think its a very nice direction they are going sustain wise. I would still love if at least our siphon skills and our healing skill would heal us in DS as well. After all 75% of our healing skills have a rather decent heal over time effect that is associated with counterplay.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I’d love it if they gave LF condition transfer liek the underwater version has, but it’d probably be OP evne if they reduced the damage massively

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

2. The advantage toughness has in a normal setting is because healing power doesn’t scale (directly) which LF generation does.
3.Every stat in toughness allows you equally long in death shroud as vitality against power builds.

As necro you should not really have a problem with conditions. And i am aware how vitality and ds work together. The thing however is the more healing abilities you have the better toughness becomes, while for vitality it is not the case. So what i mean it that this trait ,like all siphon traits we have, works better with toughness then with vitality.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Had it allowed us to heal from all sources it would have been great and also offered some worthwhile synergy with blood. As it stands I’ve got to say it seems like a garbage trait. Will they ever stop overbalancing the necromancer?

Yeah if it allowed all healing it would have been a very nice trait. But a simple regen is awful. It’s not just the necromancer trait that’s awful this time around though. The thief one is just horrible(health on crit sounds good until you realize a 10k backstab would heal for 500 and you give up 20% damage for the trait), ranger one is something the class should have outside of traits, the guardian one cannot compete in the line it is in and just seeks to band-aid the base stat imbalance. So there are definitely others that feel the pain of having another useless trait.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Yeah if it allowed all healing it would have been a very nice trait. But a simple regen is awful. It’s not just the necromancer trait that’s awful this time around though. The thief one is just horrible(health on crit sounds good until you realize a 10k backstab would heal for 500 and you give up 20% damage for the trait), ranger one is something the class should have outside of traits, the guardian one cannot compete in the line it is in and just seeks to band-aid the base stat imbalance. So there are definitely others that feel the pain of having another useless trait.

I just don’t understand why all traits have to be over-the-top jaw-dropping half-court-dunking boomshakalaka to not get dumped on.

And even then, I bet someone would come and complain that it doesn’t work in their build.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

The new trait is good news for my main build in apothecary armor. Essentially if what they say is true, it will heal as much as regeneration. So I will have 300 healing ticks in DS if I take the trait. Unfortunately I may have to let Staff Mastery or Greater Marks go (unless they merge them). Depending on the situation I would swap out Greater Marks in PvE and roaming WvW, while swapping out Staff Mastery in PvP and zerg WvW.

On the other hand, the trait is only partially appealing because it’s “new.” Build wise it may be better for me to stick with both staff traits as I never spend too much time in DS anyways. In most cases 300 healing per second in DS is going to net 900-3000 health in 3-10 second bursts.

The best part of this skill will be that DS would be an even better place for my Necro to hide against heavy condition builds that can out condition damage/stack me. Unholy Sanctuary doesn’t solve the diminishing returns of DS through the course of an engagement, but does help soften a Necro’s exit from DS and not get auto killed.

I’m more interested in the rework of Death Magic traits in general. I hope they don’t break my trait setup, but getting rid of innate Reanimator and Protection of the Horde and making them selective could only be good news (if it’s done).

In all, I think some of the other new grandmaster traits for other professions are more appealing.

(edited by Balekai.6083)

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Fungalfoot.7213

I just don’t understand why all traits have to be over-the-top jaw-dropping half-court-dunking boomshakalaka to not get dumped on.

And even then, I bet someone would come and complain that it doesn’t work in their build.

It’s a grand master trait. It’s supposed to be awesome and build defining. At some point you have to stop cutting them slack and just say it like it is. This would have been an excellent opportunity to fix siphoning and make shroud a more urgent threat by allowing the necromancer to regain ground while in it and all they do is slap on regeneration and call it a day.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

Unless this trait allows all healing in DS (which from the wording, I doubt) then This isn’t a very exciting trait.
If it does allow all forms of healing however it could be quite interesting. That trait that causes life transfer to heal nearby friendlies for example, actually heals for a fair amount, so a handful of necro’s all healing each other + spec armor on would make for some hilarious burst healing.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

It’s a grand master trait. It’s supposed to be awesome and build defining. At some point you have to stop cutting them slack and just say it like it is. This would have been an excellent opportunity to fix siphoning and make shroud a more urgent threat by allowing the necromancer to regain ground while in it and all they do is slap on regeneration and call it a day.

Fix siphoning from the Death Magic trait line at the GM level? Maybe the Blood Magic GM will allow for siphon skills to replenish HP while in DS. Maybe we have no idea what the other GM traits are or what else is changing for traits, so “saying it like it is” is more “complaining with very little information”.

Plus, this trait is build-defining. You define your stat, weapon, utility, and other trait choices around it to help maximize its benefit, just like with Deathly Perception (for example).

Sometimes you have to step back and realize when you’re complaining for the sake of complaining without giving it a second thought. Rangers are trying to deal with some increased projectile speed on 1 weapon in their GM line, Necros finally get some sort of HP regeneration while in DS with a trait, and the Necros are fussing because it isn’t enough?

Is it really not enough? Have you tried it? You haven’t, and it’s a step in a direction people have been chomping for. A little “hey, that’s pretty cool” doesn’t automatically mean you’re a fanboy bending the knee to ANet’s lordship.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

The trait is fine but Necro needs healing in DS all around…

Spite GM: Gain health when dealing dmg in DS

Curses GM: Bleeds Siphon Health When in DS

Blood Magic GM: Siphons Persists through DS

Soul Reaping GM: Gain health when struck in DS

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Fix siphoning from the Death Magic trait line at the GM level? Maybe the Blood Magic GM will allow for siphon skills to replenish HP while in DS. Maybe we have no idea what the other GM traits are or what else is changing for traits, so “saying it like it is” is more “complaining with very little information”.

Plus, this trait is build-defining. You define your stat, weapon, utility, and other trait choices around it to help maximize its benefit, just like with Deathly Perception (for example).

Sometimes you have to step back and realize when you’re complaining for the sake of complaining without giving it a second thought. Rangers are trying to deal with some increased projectile speed on 1 weapon in their GM line, Necros finally get some sort of HP regeneration while in DS with a trait, and the Necros are fussing because it isn’t enough?

Is it really not enough? Have you tried it? You haven’t, and it’s a step in a direction people have been chomping for. A little “hey, that’s pretty cool” doesn’t automatically mean you’re a fanboy bending the knee to ANet’s lordship.

The problem with your theory is ArenaNet has a history. Remember the last time ArenaNet “buffed” siphoning? They do not have a history of good changes and 99% of the time if it looks bad on paper it’s going to be bad in game. I can’t even think of a single instance where something looked bad in the preview and come release it was awesome. It almost always gets worse upon release.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Fungalfoot.7213

I’m not judging traits which we haven’t even seen yet because that would be foolish. I’m judging this trait and it’s just not worthy of being a grand master trait and them adding a blood trait which allows us to siphon in shroud will still not make it worthy of being a grand master trait. Be real neat if they did though!

The fact that rangers are getting an even kittentier hand dealt to them here doesn’t make this trait any better. To be honest, I’m not even sure why you’d bring that up when we’re on the necromancer forums discussing an upcoming necromancer trait. Nobody is arguing the fact that rangers have it bad, especially not me since I’ve rolled with one since the start. But yeah, this trait is still all kinds of kitten and I sincerely hope they rework it before putting it out there. The ranger one too.

When you say this trait is build defining I really have to question your logic since nothing actually synergizes with it other than straight up healing and if you sink your stat points into that I’d certainly hope it’s not because of a glorified regeneration. At best this is something you tack on for a tiny bit more survivability but it’s not even close to being capable of carrying a build. Suggesting that is purely delusional on your part.

You know, I’ve actually played the kind of shroud heavy build which will benefit the most from this trait for a long time now and while I will say that every bit helps there are adept traits which I would view as far more important than this one. That’s how off the balancing here is. This game is no longer in beta and it’s going to take a whole lot more than baby steps to fix things up and the fixing needs to happen soon or it’s just going to be too late.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

C’monnnnn 0/0/30/10/30 bunkers!!!!!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF**K YEAH!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aimless.7251

Aimless.7251

So, will this mesh with

Deadly Strength
Dark Armor

Full of Life
Blood to Power

Vital persistence
Path of Midnight

??

Anyway, sounds like fun and hopefully the other new traits will be even more fun to try out, the trait-lines better designed and maybe even bugchecked…

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I dont know what world you guys live in but in WvW 10/0/30/0/30 with some spectral skills and Deathly Perception is one of the best small group/solo roaming builds we have as power. The build is already extremely strong, only really losing to perma stealth bullkitten thieves and the jokes PU mesmer build with nearly 100% stealth uptime. Adding this trait to the build will make it amazing. Right now I take death shivers which is interesting but not nearly strong enough. You guys need to realize that necros have other builds besides the brainless terror/dhuumfire condi build.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

I dont know what world you guys live in but in WvW 10/0/30/0/30 with some spectral skills and Deathly Perception is one of the best small group/solo roaming builds we have as power. The build is already extremely strong, only really losing to perma stealth bullkitten thieves and the jokes PU mesmer build with nearly 100% stealth uptime. Adding this trait to the build will make it amazing. Right now I take death shivers which is interesting but not nearly strong enough. You guys need to realize that necros have other builds besides the brainless terror/dhuumfire condi build.

Well it would be better if dm 5 and 15 werent useless in a power build. So i really hope we get something useful for those minors.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Actually Dhuumfire was pretty OP when it was first introduced and people still dumped on it :p Including me, cause it was so OP!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

The world in which a feared/dead enemy deals no damage and so, 30/20/0/0/20 has more survivability since it kills faster.

I’m not saying that Necro doesn’t need survivability, I’d put that up as our number 1 issue actually. But for the class that supposedly should have the best survivability in the game – attrition playstyle, low mobility, high tankyness – this trait comes off as a band-aid for a pretty gaping wound.

Regeneration by itself will NOT turn the tables for the Necro. We don’t have the damage mitigation that makes the life recovered by regeneration alone anywhere near meaningful. We have the highest HP + DS and still everyone who mains a Necro feels squishy, that’s why this trait seems so underwhelming.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

(edited by Kiriakulos.1690)

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

So with the news here – https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/traits-unleashed-forty-new-traits-and-more/

including:

Necromancer: Unholy Sanctuary
In addition to a bit of a trait line rework, the necromancer’s Death Magic will be gaining the ability to heal your health pool while Death Shroud is active. Unholy Sanctuary allows you to turtle in your Death Shroud and slowly heal yourself, granting you additional survivability in situations that might otherwise spell certain death. The healing rate of Unholy Sanctuary is the same as the regeneration boon and will be affected by healing power.

Let the wild speculation and maybe even a little rejoicing begin!

Sorry, can’t rejoice over this. It will be a Grandmaster Trait in the Death Magic line. So, to obtain the sustain that is supposed to be a hallmark of the class (LOL) and permit us to heal while in Death Shroud (something the necro community has been asking for for a long time), we’re supposed to dump 30 points (now only 6 points with the pending revisions to the trait system) into Death Magic? All so that we can gain what I predict on average will be about 600 health while in Death Shroud?

Then, to top it off, we either will hit like a wet noodle because of the need to sacrifice points from Spite to gain the Death Magic Grandmaster while putting points into Blood Magic to maximize healing power; have zero synergy with our other “sustain” line – Blood Magic – because of the need to take points out of that line to put into Spite to maintain some semblance of DPS; or become a ghost who’s scariest attack is to go “BOO!” as a result of maximizing Death Magic and Soul Reaping at the expense of the other lines just to slow our inevitable death.

Yeah, this new trait is really going to grant us additional survivability and is exactly what the necro profession needs.

/sarcasm

The net effect will be to do nothing but extend by a couple seconds/one or two additional hits our already delayed yet inevitable death at the hands of focus fire and CC spam. The min/maxing armchair theory crafting aside, the trait will still fail to deliver the sustain and attrition this class needs. It’s another missed opportunity and failure à la Signet of Vampirism.

Contrast this with thieves’ new Invigorating Precission whereby 5% of their critical attack damage will be returned as healing. One of the hardest hitting, fastest hitting professions with one of the best de facto attrition mechanics (stealth) now gets 5% of their DPS returned to them as health. You thought there was QQ-ing before about thieves, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. GG ArenaNet!

That trait would have been more appropriate for the Blood Magic line’s Vampiric Precision, for example. Instead, we get healing equivalent to a regen buff while in Death Shroud (a resource-dependent profession mechanic versus the thieves’ new always-on heal-on-crit) IF we spend 30 points in Death Magic.

To rub a little more salt into the wound, thieves’ Invigorating Precision is in their Critical Strikes line; the line that improves their critical hit chance so they can…you know…gain health on crit. Contrast this with Unholy Sanctuary; a trait that benefits from healing power in the toughness and boon duration line!

The devs are totally clueless when it comes to the necromancer’s attrition and sustain. You could throw darts at a board to which is pinned all of the necro’s traits and come up with better balance and synergy than these guys.

Whoo-Hooo! Let the rejoicing begin.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

To rub a little more salt into the wound, thieves’ Invigorating Precision is in their Critical Strikes line; the line that improves their critical hit chance so they can…you know…gain health on crit. Contrast this with Unholy Sanctuary; a trait that benefits from healing power in the toughness and boon duration line!

Funny, Thieves seem to hate their GM because it’s 500 health for a 10k Backstab crit, and someone on another thread said they lose 20% damage to get it.

Grass is always greener I suppose. Every other class gets all the cool toys, my class is dumptown.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Fungalfoot.7213

Totally off topic but the new thief grand master alone is in a better place on paper than our siphon has ever been and it’s still getting snubbed. Just think about that for a moment.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

If the Blood GM will be called “Necromancers suck” i will be pleased.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Fungalfoot.7213

If the Blood GM will be called “Necromancers suck” i will be pleased.

I’d settle for “I can’t believe you actually put thirty points in this… fire.”

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

As necro you should not really have a problem with conditions. And i am aware how vitality and ds work together. The thing however is the more healing abilities you have the better toughness becomes, while for vitality it is not the case. So what i mean it that this trait ,like all siphon traits we have, works better with toughness then with vitality.

Tell me how do you remove condition while in death shroud? because when you take this trait you want to be a lot in death shroud and there we have next to none condition removal.

EverythingOP

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yami.9035

Yami.9035

Shrouded removal is a bit weak for a trait imo . They could buff it to remove a condition when we enter in DS and a another condi all 3 secs . Like " shadow’s embrace " .
But copy/paste is bad lol

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Sounds great to me, but being in Death Magic not so great.
Also the fact that they used the word “turtle” in the patch notes kittened me right the kitten off.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I wouldn’t seriously look too much into it. Don’t get hyped on anything they say until you see numbers. I’m betting its like 80 HP/S in Death shroud or something awful.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I wouldn’t seriously look too much into it. Don’t get hyped on anything they say until you see numbers. I’m betting its like 80 HP/S in Death shroud or something awful.

They stated the healing is equal to the Regeneration boon. In this case, we actually have the full numbers.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

I think the article said something like the same numbers as the regeneration boon. Though until it is relaesed anything could happen with the trait.

@Drarnor you were faster then me…

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Infect.2738

Infect.2738

I think my old sustain build may make a comeback with this. Its interesting but i doubt the healing is going to be crazy.

-Zombify

Zombify – 2013 PAX NA and 2014 NA All-Star Necro
Stream- http://www.twitch.tv/thezombify
Twitter- @ZombifyGW2

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Regen? Eh… so what, like 200 hps? We’ll see. 200 hps, basically perma regen in DS doesn’t sound like it’s going to be “the” thing. But we’ll see. I need to see the other death changes.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

Eh… I use a DS build, and I’d like to use this, but I think 30 in Death Magic would be sacrificing too much for one trait. If they overhaul Death Magic to not try to force minion playstyles through the minor traits, maybe it’ll be worth trying. There are some decent major traits to be had there, but even so, Curses is so hard to compete with for 20-30 points, Death Magic’s going to need a lot of upgrades to look attractive, even to DS builds.

dragonbrand—

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

I’m just saying this right now: minion builds are OP. You can tailor them so that they are doing a ridiculous amounts of damage, plus siphons.

Picture this: you have a minion-siphon build, place 30 in death magic for the new trait so you have healing in DS. Yes, I know, I know…you’d do near to no damage with this build. But with all of your minions, you can pretty much just sit back and watch anyway.

I’m a fan of the trait, just not its location. It should be somewhere where conditionmancers can actually use it!!! The’re the ones who need sustain the most, not minionmancers.

New trait, thoughts?

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

I’m just saying this right now: minion builds are OP. You can tailor them so that they are doing a ridiculous amounts of damage, plus siphons.

Picture this: you have a minion-siphon build, place 30 in death magic for the new trait so you have healing in DS. Yes, I know, I know…you’d do near to no damage with this build. But with all of your minions, you can pretty much just sit back and watch anyway.

I’m a fan of the trait, just not its location. It should be somewhere where conditionmancers can actually use it!!! The’re the ones who need sustain the most, not minionmancers.

Nah even in other lines it wouldnt help condimancer simply for the fact that you dont want to stay in ds a long time as condimancer.
I dont know if i would take the trait as mm i find the death nova trait better.