New weapon wishlist

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: J J.7902

J J.7902

Let’s get a weapon wishlist going here, possibly giving ANET some good ideas for when we get new weapons.

1. by far Hammer:
    1: Auto attack 3 chain hit 3rd hit place small weakness mark.
    2: Small AoE spin in place, perhaps like guardian GS
    3: Smash ground, placing fear mark onto ground
    4: ?
    5: ?
  1. OH Torch: (with green flames! )
    4: Throw torch at enemy igniting them
    5: Drop AoE flame around you (Combo field: Fire)
    (pretty much a copy and paste from Ranger OH torch)

What else?

[Rekz] Necromancer

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

for the OH torch i think something more like this would be cooler

torch
4: sweep the torch in front of you igniting all enemies hit
5: create a bonfire at target location igniting enemies.

trait: acrid fumes – when you apply burning you also apply 3 seconds of poison.

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

Main hand sword:
1. Auto attack with cleave, has chance to apply chilled on third attack
2. Burst skill that does more damage if target is chilled
3. Leap finisher

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Hammer? Greatsword? Greataxe?

N e c r o m a n c e r.

It is not a kittened Death Knight. It’s not a soldier.

Over that, Necromancer’s spells with weapons should involve magic, not close quarter combat like dagger, axe and similiars.

I’d rather seeing him carrying some kind of Artifacts or spiritual or fleshy weapons in the form of an Engineer or Ritualist gadgets.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

i’ve always imagined the necromancer as kind of a more down to earth, practical magic user. also the necro really lacks a good ranged direct damage weapon

that said a necromancer should use a more practical kind of weapon.
Rifle:
1- miniball; fires a shot that does more damage the more conditions the target has
2- chemical rounds; fires two shots that each convert a boon into a condition
3- ? ; channel an attack to build life force and fire a shot that knocks the target down
4- into shadows; roll backwards leaving behind a chillblains mark and removing crippled and immobilize
5- life link; send up to three of your conditions to your opponent

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Please just give my axe Cleave Anet.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

I could see Mace being added, just because it’s seems pretty common in fantasy for casters to carry if they have to have a melee weapon.

I may come up with some ideas for skills later, eh. They probably wouldn’t be good ones. I’m not the best at seeing what’s balanced and what’s not.

Hoopa doopa.

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’d like to see one two handed weapon be added. I far prefer great-axe, as it has a more Necro feel (we aren’t your standard cloth casters, GW necros are very much about up in your face combat) than greatsword or hammer.

Torch honestly doesn’t fit that well lore/gameplay wise. I know they brought in Dhuumfire, but Necromancers are far more about cold than they are burning (unless they played on that and made the torches anti-torches in a way, freezing instead).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I want a shield. Preferably with defensive abilities.

I know it’ll probably never happen, but I dig the look of shields.

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Oh hey, this thread again. I was going to put in my usual suggestion, but this guy

I could see Mace being added, just because it’s seems pretty common in fantasy for casters to carry if they have to have a melee weapon.

I may come up with some ideas for skills later, eh. They probably wouldn’t be good ones. I’m not the best at seeing what’s balanced and what’s not.

beat me to it. Mace for Necro 2013 nvr 4get other catchphrases.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

I wish necro’s got a hammer. I’m currently using the staff on my power build and it’s fairly underwhelming although it’s alright just before a fight boils over and for getaways. The whole “out of my face” nature of hammers would go extremely well with axe focus, but hammers are pushing it on a class like the necromancer.

I can see torches happening though.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Rifle. Mesmers gets pistol so why not? In terms of flavor we’re sorely lacking when it comes to more technical weaponry. The times have changed.

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

Whip. maybe then minions do what they’re told and Scythe because i want my dervish back.

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Hammer? Greatsword? Greataxe?

N e c r o m a n c e r.

It is not a kittened Death Knight. It’s not a soldier.

Over that, Necromancer’s spells with weapons should involve magic, not close quarter combat like dagger, axe and similiars.

I’d rather seeing him carrying some kind of Artifacts or spiritual or fleshy weapons in the form of an Engineer or Ritualist gadgets.

Oh frignn please, when will people stop complaining about that, some of the best known religious people trough history wore the heaviest plate armor and strongest base weapons of their time, hell a great example that was even called a evil witch/demon/devil/undead is Joan of Arc, a little teen girl in 1.7 cm thick steel plate that was still more mobile than leather armor (and that was a freaking prototype, it just got better the more it evolved), she was a leader and more importantly a religious symbol for the people and in tyria there have been enough unique weapons tied to gods and magic stuff for any weapon to be used by anyone, not to mention the Warcraft DKS were just necromancers on horses swinging SWORDS, play the original WC or WC2, hell there are multiple WC3 mods and campaign packs with them, WoW just made them “cooler” since the armor distribution wasnt even.

Btw Engie = Ritualist profession that adapted to the time setting.

On that note i really dont care about weapons as long as we dont get pistols/rifles, i dont like the idea of having to share the greatsword madness (mostly because i fear we would get a afk faceroll bar whos 2 skill deals more damage than dagger staff and focus together), but even that would be ok.
2 Normal swords and axe dual weild would be cool too.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Only weapons that I feel fit and would be happy with would be mainhand sword or greatsword. Torch is just stupid, we have enough burning with dhuumfire. Infact we dont need anymore offhands. I could maybe say a shield is ok but the one thing necro lacks that every other class has a decent option or alternative for is melee cleave. Therefore we need a new auto attack, so sword or greatsword.

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

My fear with greatsword is that they would make it into a ranged weapon like mesmer greatsword. I think we can all agree that we need a weapon with cleave auto attack so ANet, if you decide to go with gs, please make it melee!

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Mace

Auto Attack Chain, less single target damage than Dagger, but cleaves up to 3 targets. Gives 2 Life Force on second attack, Third attack gives 4 Life Force and applies 3 seconds of weakness. (Concept is cleaving melee, which Necro lacks, weakness to play into the attrition style Necro were originally intended, and less life force than Dagger auto attack to ensure dagger still has a purpose.)

2nd skill, 10s cooldown block a-la Mesmer offhand Sword, doing slightly less damage, but giving Vigor on block. Ability to cancel early for life force. More attrition, life force generation out of combat, access to Vigor, which Necros sorely lack.

3rd skill, 12s cooldown, Necromancer smashes mace into ground, blast finisher, PBAoE damage, applies 10 stacks of vulnerability for 10 seconds to targets it hits, 10 stacks of vulnerability to the Necro for 5 seconds. Pretty self explanatory, blast finisher for team play, corruption-esque effect applying the condition to both enemies and himself, which allows for transfer or consumption, but a negative if used unwittingly.

Hammer

Auto Attack, Necro hits ground with Hammer, hands (like from Grasping Dead) grab enemies, applying 1-2 stacks of 6s bleeds depending on range (1 <600 range, 2 >600 range) 1.5s cast time. 1200 Range (Think Mesmer Greatsword, but condition based)

2nd skill, 8s cooldown 1200 Range Throw Hammer to target location, applies 5 stacks of Torment for 5 seconds. Hands grab the hammer and bring it back to Necro, applying short (1-2s) cripples on their path back.

3rd skill, 12s cooldown 900 Range, projectile (a-la Staff Autoattack), pierces, transfers 3 conditions to any enemy it hits. Can be detonated to apply 10 seconds of Poison, but doubles cooldown. (a-la Orb of Light, Guardians)

4th skill, 18s cooldown 600 Range, Leap Finisher (leaps up to 900 range, but only hits up to 600, a-la Savage Leap), Applies 5s Chill if it hits, can be triggered after the leap for a max of 4 seconds to teleport back to where you leapt from. (Think Illusionary Leap, but backwards, to apply chill and keep range)

5th skill, 40s cooldown 1200 Range, 1.5s cast time. Obvious animation. small damage component, Corrupts 3 Boons, applies 1s Fear if enemy has no boons right before they’re hit.

Concept for the hammer is mostly just another viable condition weapon that isn’t just utility from staff.

Oh, and giving Axe either 900 or 1200 range, having it at 600 range is a joke, you’re in melee range for all intents and purposes, and do considerably less damage than Dagger.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ehragus.5843

Ehragus.5843

I’m happy with the current weapons. They just need to add more skins that fits a necromancer. Now there is like one scepter, one dagger and a few staves.

The thing I’d like to see is hexes. Bring them back! Would be epic to have Spiteful spirit, barbs, mark of pain etc..

80 Necro(x2) – 80 Guard – 80 Warr(x2) – 80 Engi – 80 Mes – 80 Ele(x2)

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: tarian.5190

tarian.5190

Please just give my axe Cleave Anet.

^ This, or make it stack up 25 vuln on its own in < 10 seconds. That’d at least give it use for a team. You personally may not be doing a whole lot, but the rest of your team got a 25% boost thanks to you!

What are you willing to sacrifice?

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

anything that gives me more blast finishers. additionally fire fields, so i can actually help my party besides melting enemies. I’d ask for water fields but that’s just doesn’t make sense.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Fire fields make less sense

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Greatsword would make the most sense.
Make it a more of a supporty weapon
Make it work will with the chill condition
Have it work well with power

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Necros Stalker.2713

Necros Stalker.2713

Give me a Mace so I can finish my sauron themed Necro XD. In all seriousness Either Mace’s or a great Axe are most likely. Since they fit the necro/darkmagic theme well and give it cleave and either weakness or knockback.

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

It will be good to have a new weapons or just give us cleave attacks on our dagger/axe.
I think that Torch should be a MM weapon that summon 2 minions , each one deals AOE attack via burning.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

New weapon wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Antman.1936

Antman.1936

Let’s get a weapon wishlist going here, possibly giving ANET some good ideas for when we get new weapons.

1. by far Hammer:
    1: Auto attack 3 chain hit 3rd hit place small weakness mark.
    2: Small AoE spin in place, perhaps like guardian GS
    3: Smash ground, placing fear mark onto ground
    4: ?
    5: ?
  1. OH Torch: (with green flames! )
    4: Throw torch at enemy igniting them
    5: Drop AoE flame around you (Combo field: Fire)
    (pretty much a copy and paste from Ranger OH torch)

What else?

I think if it we did get a torch it should be poison not fire…