Newbie here...

Newbie here...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Hello,
i’m going to start my next char, a necromancer, but first i want to ask you a little help because it is really the first time i play necromancer and i want to know everything that this class can do before to start it.

First of all i’m interested in power builds (i hate condition builds…); can you suggest/link a basic necromancer power build? i saw a lot of necros with axe and #2 spam (maybe?) hit for someting like 6-7k and then swap to deathsrhoud and spam 1# (and hit for 3-4k each ball) … really strong … while having great survivability.

Also can you tell me how much strong is necromancer in WvW and PvE?

thank you.

Newbie here...

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

For a good dungeon build check my sig. Most people seem to think 30/10/0/0/30 is good, its just the popular pug build that the sheep follow, its very overated. Its more of a solo or wvw/pvp power build. Using DS for dps is sub par compared to using dagger. You can use other weapons with my build if you want to and you can use DS when you need to range or AOE.

Necros are very strong in wvw. In pve they are somewhat lacking in anything special thats worth taking them for. But if built properly they can be a perfectly valid choice for a more casual group.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Newbie here...

in Necromancer

Kjeldoran.3849

thank you for answer! can you give me a link?

Newbie here...

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Newbie here...

in Necromancer

Kjeldoran.3849

oh sry XD thank you

and as power build for pvp? what can you suggest me to try in Hearth of the Mists?

Newbie here...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

My personal fav for a allrounder is: 30/10/0/0/30

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW3djMaJ7pbabM8JCoHvvWOLqwxoesO0dOA-jAyAYLYKDMJCgKAl8KiGbVrIas6aMlLRUNA-e

I also like to swap to a dagger when not in a group, and would change Spite Master.
Also, swaping Litch to Golem for general trash. (Litch good burst vs 1 targ).
Err the GrandMaster in Soul Reaping, can be swapped to 50% crit in DS. It’s a nice choice of damage or don’t get kicked about as much.

I also, use Sigil of Bloodlust in PvE.
I use Knight gear. Tho if you wanted more damage, swap to Bezerker & Runes of the Eagle also rock.

I guess other tips are:
Signet’s don’t work while in DS, so Signet of Spite isn’t as cool in this heavy DS build. The runspeed sig is just lazyness, your prob better with a well.
Daggers are tricky in PvP, but if using Wells, being able to stop others moving out of them is nice/fun/evil.
Oh yeh, having staff active when you go into DS, is the best damage.
Another loved thing for staff is, Putrid Mark. There’s lots of heavy condition necro’s in PvP, it’s very very very fun to send all there condi’s back to them, and throw down your damage ontop!

Anyway. I prefer this build. It’s got a lot more attrition than a cloth wearing meele. It’s not as good single target damage, but your constantly stacking Vuln for the group, and it’s all AoE. (Cept the odd single target axe burst dam).
It net’s me around 80 Gear Box’s per invasion, and it’s about 1 in 3 invasions I manage to get downed…

Edit: As for the dagger vs DS auto attack damage argument.
As soon as you get 4 or more mobs in a row, DS dose more damage, stacks vuln, and gives you might. It’s also ranged.

(edited by Bweaty.9187)