Non condi raid builds pls

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostt.1293

Ghostt.1293

Don’t want to wave the bloody stick don’t want to change my ascneded gear to Condi stats….
That being said let see some creative builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Creative raid builds hah. Joke of the week.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Ghostt.1293

Glad to make your day

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

are there condi raid builds in the first place?

in Necromancer

Ghostt.1293

I don’t want to talk about condis anymore I want to have fun and explore content I never got to touch with my fav class

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Well, you haven’t mentioned what role you would want to take, and any role you would want to take your necro in (other than condi dps) is a waste of a raid slot and a detriment to your team.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Glad to make your day

I didn’t mean to sound insulting. Sorry if I was but raiding is very much the least creative area of gw2.

in Necromancer

Ghostt.1293

Glad to make your day

I didn’t mean to sound insulting. Sorry if I was but raiding is very much the least creative area of gw2.

Np i wasn’t insulted

That may be so if you want to complete a raid as fast as possible.
But what about just completing a raid while having fun in a possible way, instead of the best way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Glad to make your day

Np i wasn’t insulted

But what about just completing a raid while having fun in a possible way, instead of the best way.

I’m afraid for this you need a bunch of really good IRL friends.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Glad to make your day

Np i wasn’t insulted

• raid
  • fun
  • creative build

Pick two.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Should be

- Able to Raid
-Power Necro

Pick one

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well… I’m not sure if it’s still a thing but I’m pretty sure you can put power necro, raid and fun together. That is if you are ready to pay a raid team to carry you throught the raid. They take care of everything and your damage are basically an unneded bonus but you have fun, you are power necro and you are in a gw2 raid (Though it’s not fun for your wallet).

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Yeah when your class hasa to pay to enter a raid with LFG randoms you know it needs some Buffs….I guess balance team dont raid or fractal?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aetatis.5418

Aetatis.5418

tbh … people are way too much into DnT and Metabattle.
it was back in the dungeon-days. and it is now.
even not perfect grps in raids have fun and can do the content. that min-maxing is, at some point, not fun anymore. gamemode doesnt matter.

there is one build with gs, power, vit, ferocity. that puts 24k dps with old foods (if done super correctly and maxed). its just nothing you want to do in pugs or raids that struggle with the content anyway. sadly tho

its from brazil. the 30k hp build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-b5ogp9rdo&feature=youtu.be

in Necromancer

Barnabus Stinson.1409

But as a lots of people must use LFG it would be nice to not be actively unwanted. 24k isnt great seeing as condi did 34k.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Don’t want to wave the bloody stick don’t want to change my ascneded gear to Condi stats….
That being said let see some creative builds.

You are out of luck. Power lacks the utility and the DPS for it to be functional in raids. Although power has some nice uses in PvP from what I hear and Reaper is quite good in WvW, so there are those options.

A couple of options for you though if you want to raid.

1. Find a guild that doesn’t mind you playing what you personally enjoy for raids.
  2. Play a Different profession, if you have full ascended gear the new Elementalist elite spec is supposed to be higher DPS than Tempest.
  3. Bit the bullet and Invest in Vipers gear. If you haven’t tried it you might enjoy it more than you think. At the very least, give condi a shot with some test gear in open world and see how you like it before committing to it.

However. I do have a power build that was designed for raiding if you are hellbent on using power. It is not optimal and its DPS is somewhere in the ball park of 25-30% weaker than the Condi build. Not to mention that if you run this power build and you want to pug, You will asked to run something else and most likely be denied a slot in the party.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3djM0QbN2VD+1A7NWqFMqxwc4aF3FLjrRoEQAoBA-ThRBABXt/o8DgnAAe6GoU9nNuIAmpEEA-e

This build requires that you don’t Get stuck auto attacking with greatsword or Axe. You do that and you will tank your DPS. You want to stick in reaper’s shroud while your Ghastly claws and gravedigger are on cool down using life rend to apply burning to the target. The Minions are their because they offer consistent damage and flesh golem can take out chunks of a break bar. There is the argument that you could take the two damage wells instead if you are finding the minions are not surviving, which can be the case in some raids. Though they do have reduced damage and are rarely focused so this shouldn’t be too much of an issue. It boils down to preference. Focus can be replaced by warhorn if you feel you need the extra stunbreak. Dagger has higher DPS on its auto than Axe does, but it is still a net loss in DPS compared to reaper’s shroud chain. Thus axe provides a greater boost with Ghastly claws than the dagger does, as does Greatsword with its gravedigger. Don’t be scared to use Gravedigger when the foe is above 50%. Its still a decent amount of Damage…

With that said, this build is inferior in the damage department even when compared to a Sub optimal Condi Build. So the results you get from this will never compete. I’m sorry to say, but Reaper seems more geared toward PvP styles of game play than PvE.

in Necromancer

Aetatis.5418

Replace the worst minion with the power signet and use the signet trait in spite (since it works in shroud then) and you have even more power/DPS.
Should be an additional upgrade.
Lose some crit chance also. With grp buffs it will hit 130% … Wasted. Instead her rune of the worm and some Valkyrie for sweet extra crit DMG (not chance).
Should be a gain of atleast another 10% DMG.

But as mentioned earlier, you will need a core group, that allows you to do Raids in that spec.
At that point the community is really frustrating. The Meta hype… Well not gonna repeat it.
Overall power necro needs love in competitive pve content no doubt

(edited by Aetatis.5418)

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It’s a DPS loss. The bonus power is insignificant as CtD offers way more damage than the signet passive when stacked with might etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Heck, don’t even need Might or consumables. Just with gear, Close to Death gives better damage.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

im here and still hoping that Reaper will finaly get its rework where it will be equal or atleast close to a condi build dps wise………

seriously where are those reworks ?!!!!

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Replace the worst minion with the power signet and use the signet trait in spite (since it works in shroud then) and you have even more power/DPS.
Should be an additional upgrade.
Lose some crit chance also. With grp buffs it will hit 130% … Wasted. Instead her rune of the worm and some Valkyrie for sweet extra crit DMG (not chance).
Should be a gain of atleast another 10% DMG.

But as mentioned earlier, you will need a core group, that allows you to do Raids in that spec.
At that point the community is really frustrating. The Meta hype… Well not gonna repeat it.
Overall power necro needs love in competitive pve content no doubt

I’ve already tested that hypothesis of yours, the results showed that minions, regardless of which you choose, is still superior DPS to Signet of Spite.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

He could go axe horn no? thats pretty strong non condi build which puts on tons and tons of vulnerabilities.I know that spite has some traits which are really good for non condi build for necro and you could go greatsword for second build and leave 3rd one as reaper for going reaper/ and spam number 2 and 3 for getting as much damage out.Heck:If you get tons and tons of power ferocity and precision you should have enough damage.

I was in a raid and i was dealing like 15-20k dmg because group kept adding vulnerabilities and i got buffed and i got even more vulnerabilities thanks to the axe.

in Necromancer

Fatalyz.7168

I was in a raid and i was dealing like 15-20k dmg because group kept adding vulnerabilities and i got buffed and i got even more vulnerabilities thanks to the axe.

15-20k Damage is really low for a dps build, even for power necro. Power necro can get close to about 24-25k (maybe a bit more), which still isn’t good for a dps build. That is under some support specs.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

15-20k Damage is really low for a dps build, even for power necro. Power necro can get close to about 24-25k (maybe a bit more), which still isn’t good for a dps build. That is under some support specs.

a soppurt spec wont gonna hit 25k+ dmg with a single ability stop overexagarating….
if it does he is not a Support…..

also on a somewhat tanky Power build Necro with a single ability can do 25k dmg…
hell im sitting in 3000 armor and my axe skill 2 alone did 30k dmg in 1 go lol reaper abilities do 16k to 20k
as a FULL DPS build those dmg would be like 30% higer

still not worth it you know why ? because we have no worthwile group utility….

also all those 20k-30k dmg comes froum CHANNELED ABILITIES while some of the other classes can do that dmg or close to that dmg with INSTANT ones…… looks at Mesmer and thief and ele and almost everyone……….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Fatalyz.7168

a soppurt spec wont gonna hit 25k+ dmg with a single ability stop overexagarating….

also on a somewhat tanky Power build Necro with a single ability can do 25k dmg…
hell im sitting in 3000 armor and my axe skill 2 alone did 30k dmg in 1 go lol reaper abilities do 16k to 20k

also all those 20k-30k dmg comes froum CHANNELED ABILITIES while some of the other classes can do that dmg or close to that dmg with INSTANT ones…… looks at Mesmer and thief and ele and almost everyone……….

It’s not about hitting with a single ability, it’s dps, damage per second. CondiPS can push over 25k dps, easy.

A 30k channel ability does not mean that you did 30k damage per second, and maintain that level for the duration of a fight.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

It’s not about hitting with a single ability, it’s dps, damage per second. CondiPS can push over 25k dps, easy.

A 30k channel ability does not mean that you did 30k damage per second, and maintain that level for the duration of a fight.

My necro is lucky to get around 2k in dot damage sustained for longer than a couple seconds unless i get help in which i’m in a group and can get a lot more, especially if i use signet to put on a ton of damage because condis decay.Also keep in mind this was on the demo with full exotics power precision ferocity and i was by myself.Also:the one where i got that damage was with mostly condi dmg build.I merely did it for having some defensive stuff to cripple enemies.I can easily solo crit for 16-17k per strike.In fact:I got over 30k dmg with 2 crits.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

It’s the old “my warrior did 40k damage from hundred blades so he must be able to do 40k dps” way of thinking lol.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

in Necromancer

Fatalyz.7168

My necro is lucky to get around 2k in dot damage sustained for longer than a couple seconds unless i get help in which i’m in a group and can get a lot more, especially if i use signet to put on a ton of damage because condis decay.Also keep in mind this was on the demo with full exotics power precision ferocity and i was by myself.Also:the one where i got that damage was with mostly condi dmg build.I merely did it for having some defensive stuff to cripple enemies.I can easily solo crit for 16-17k per strike.In fact:I got over 30k dmg with 2 crits.

“I got over 30k dmg with 2 crits.” does not equal 30k dps. Those are two completely different things. The best dps that you will get from a power reaper, is about 25k (and that’s the high end, probably closer to 20k if you aren’t practiced in your rotation), and even then it requires you to take Deathly Chill.

I will assume the the “16k-17k per strike” is you referring to Gravedigger, which has a 1.25 second cast time, with a bit of an after cast. That means that you are doing 12.8k-13.6k damage per second. Why would any group take a necro in a dps role that is doing 12.8k-13.6k damage per second, when there are classes that can do over 30k damage per second.

Edit: Corrected numbers.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

in Necromancer

Fatalyz.7168

It’s the old “my warrior did 40k damage from hundred blades so he must be able to do 40k dps” way of thinking lol.

Exactly. People not knowing how to do a proper rotation and talking about their “sick damage” because they got a 30k crit on a 2sec cast ability and trying to pass that off has good dps.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

Ah, my favorite thread. The “New player who wants to play their favorite class, and old players naysaying him likely into quitting the game” thread.

Let’s go over the pros of power necro since everyone else has very thoroughly covered the cons:
1: Insanely high dps uptime.
-While their dps is on the lower end (still higher than mesmer, by the way.) They have the flat hp pools and lifesteal traits to just walk through failed mechanics and facetank adds with absolutely no care for the damage they do. Their death shroud amplifies this tenfold.
2: Incredibly simple rotation execution.
-Above 50, spam wells off cooldown and dagger auto attack, below 50 [Gravedigger][Nightfall] and spam wells between diggers.
3: Surprisingly mobile despite what some may say.
-Reaper shroud 2 is only a 6 second cooldown that sends you 600 units fairly quickly.
4: Decimate defenses.
-You can swap in a LOT of valk pieces and be DISGUSTINGLY durable while still keeping 100% crit.

Despite what some may say, the DPS checks of most fights are insanely low per person. So low, that healers and even the chrono tank often meet it.
In VG, for example, it’s barely over 5.3k per person.
There are classes that can beat that in a vacuum just auto attacking!
Power necro can hit 18-25k dps just fine. Not a high set of numbers, I will never lie on this, but more than triple what the VG req is.

My advise is to find a group that values class familiarity and mechanical understanding over big numbers required to speed clear.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

I mean I guess it’s fine to be barely mediocre in terms of dps, and suitability anywhere that isn’t pve. Rest of us just want something better than that for power reapers.

(edited by Sephylon.4938)

in Necromancer

Fatalyz.7168

Ah, my favorite thread. The “New player who wants to play their favorite class, and old players naysaying him likely into quitting the game” thread.

Let’s go over the pros of power necro since everyone else has very thoroughly covered the cons:
1: Insanely high dps uptime.
-While their dps is on the lower end (still higher than mesmer, by the way.) They have the flat hp pools and lifesteal traits to just walk through failed mechanics and facetank adds with absolutely no care for the damage they do. Their death shroud amplifies this tenfold.
2: Incredibly simple rotation execution.
-Above 50, spam wells off cooldown and dagger auto attack, below 50 [Gravedigger][Nightfall] and spam wells between diggers.
3: Surprisingly mobile despite what some may say.
-Reaper shroud 2 is only a 6 second cooldown that sends you 600 units fairly quickly.
4: Decimate defenses.
-You can swap in a LOT of valk pieces and be DISGUSTINGLY durable while still keeping 100% crit.

Despite what some may say, the DPS checks of most fights are insanely low per person. So low, that healers and even the chrono tank often meet it.
In VG, for example, it’s barely over 5.3k per person.
There are classes that can beat that in a vacuum just auto attacking!
Power necro can hit 18-25k dps just fine. Not a high set of numbers, I will never lie on this, but more than triple what the VG req is.

My advise is to find a group that values class familiarity and mechanical understanding over big numbers required to speed clear.

Actually, you are wrong on a few points, I’ll point them out.

1) Most classes have “insanely high dps uptime”, it comes down to knowing mechanics and executing them, Necro is no more immune to this than anyone else, other than that they can ignore some mechanics if using shroud to take the damage.

“Still higher than Mesmer btw” is just plain false, misleading, and showing a lack of understanding of what other classes are currently able to perform. Power mesmers are currently putting out close to or just over 30k dps, and condi mesmers are higher, and their rotation is even more simple.

2) Greatsword auto is higher damage than dagger auto, even without Deathly Chill, with Deathly Chill it is even higher.

3) Nothing to really counter here. They can be mobile if you know how to work with the Shroud Charge.

4) This is still true, but you also aren’t going to be camping Shroud, and with recent changes, that is even more difficult to do, so you’ll still need to make sure that you reach crit cap outside of Shroud. Edit: adding durability does not increase dps if you know how to use active defense and avoid damage.

While yes, the dps requirements for bosses is extremely low, why would you intentionally take an option, when there are better options available? It’s also true that the more dps that each of the dps classes output, the less time that mechanics have to be dealt with, greatly increasing chances of success.

But all of that aside, yes, find a group that doesn’t care, because there isn’t a “non-condi raid build”, at least that is accepted by the community.

And finally, yes necro has some use in some fights. Sloth, Matt, Mo are a couple of examples where necro is a godsend in an inexperienced group, but once experience is gained, necro falls off, unless people are not performing and you want a safe strat.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

in Necromancer

Aetatis.5418

to clarify earlier stuff. i just clicked the link to the build posted and didnt even recognise close to death. the signets i suggested were only better than spiteful spirit ofc.

however… the last point stated out ( 4) ) with the crit chance of a 100% is true. even without shroud. as long as there are 25 stacks vulnerability on the boss (decimate defense in reaper).
i havent tested it vs souleater yet. but i guess rune of the wurm with valkyrie stats and that nice extra ferocity from vitality could do better than the soul eater trait, because its a flat dmg multiplier increase because of the 100% crit chance through decimate defense.

in Necromancer

Murdock.6547

snip

okay, so I’ll admit some of my info is outdated and I currently have some egg on my face.
But when on earth did mesmer gain relevant damage? That is 100% a new one on me.
Not calling you a liar, but that sounds really whack that mesmer now has more damage than necromancer.
“Slow moving, hard hitting” was how reaper was advertised and now it’s seeming like the only thing it’s got of those is the slow moving part lmfao.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

snip

okay, so I’ll admit some of my info is outdated and I currently have some egg on my face.
But when on earth did mesmer gain relevant damage? That is 100% a new one on me.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-8-2017-3/first#post6689855

Mantras: Mantra skills will no longer display their number of charges in the enhancement bar and will instead use the ammo system. Reduced cast time by 0.5 seconds. Mantras no longer grant bonus Toughness while channeling. Ammo count has been set to 2. Recharges between casts have not changed.

Harmonious Mantras: This trait has been removed from the game.
Superiority Complex: This trait replaces Harmonious Mantras and increases critical-hit damage by 15%. This bonus is further increased to 25% against foes below 50% health or foes who become disabled by stun, daze, taunt, fear, knockdown, etc.

Phantasmal Force: This trait replaces the slot left open by Ineptitude and has the following effect: Phantasms gain a 1% damage boost whenever might is applied to them, and a 4% damage boost whenever they attack (maximum bonus 25%). This bonus damage lasts until the phantasm is destroyed.

The balance in this game continues to amuse me. This 2 button rotation can pull 30k but Elementalists have to bust their nut doing crazy rotations and wont even reach 28k, but an ele also wont bring any useful buffs or utility to the team. Gotta love it

(edited by Vitali.5039)

in Necromancer

Fatalyz.7168

snip

Not calling you a liar, but that sounds really whack that mesmer now has more damage than necromancer.
“Slow moving, hard hitting” was how reaper was advertised and now it’s seeming like the only thing it’s got of those is the slow moving part lmfao.

It gained it with the most recent patch, as Vitali linked above me.

It really is quite silly. I agree with the theme of the reaper, and it still does fit it. It is slow and hard hitting, it has one of the single hardest hitting abilities in the game. It just doesn’t have high dps, which is sad because it could afford to have more dps now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

1: Insanely high dps uptime. – By this, I assume you mean not being downed? Please correct if I misunderstood.
2: Incredibly simple rotation execution. Mechanically simple is only a “pro” for players unfamiliar with the profession
3: Surprisingly mobile despite what some may say. I agree that Reaper is more mobile than core but there are no mobility skills on weapons and the two utilities (Walk and Wurm) are clunky
4: Decimate defenses. What if I want to trade some health for dps?

I suppose, after the consumables nerf, conditionmancer is improved, relative to other professions, over what it was… maybe?

For power, Reaper or core (dagger) just does not scale up very well. I am afraid, with Scourge being a condi-bunker support type, power builds will continue to lag the meta. Although, Scourge will be Necromancer’s best group support build. (If it is not, I would hate to be the developer who made it, or the leaders who approved it.)

Reaper was probably supposed to be the power build but it ended up best as a hybrid condi build and too short on power. Still, it has cleave – lots of it. That one single thing made Necromancer a whole lot better than core. The chills and short-cast shouts were also a large improvement over core.

Unfortunately, Deathly Chill was needed to achieve an adequate dps. After expac 2, that will transition to a power-based trait, iirc, and Reaper will no longer work as a hybrid condi-build. Power output has to be buffed or no one will want it aside from casual PvE

in Necromancer

Murdock.6547

>Mesmer outdpses ele with two buttons

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

purity of purpose yo

in Necromancer

Fatalyz.7168

>Mesmer outdpses ele with two buttons

It’s just silly. But I remember hearing from somewhere that they weren’t concerned with how difficult a classes rotation is, just that they want it to be comparable.

Either way, I’m just over here on Power Reaper like, “Hey, you! Yeah, you! Can we get some of those buffs? Can anybody hear us?!”