Not Understanding Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maddav.9605

Maddav.9605

I’ve just made level 20 with my Necromancer and I’m trying to understand how Corrupt Boon works. I can see it poisons me, but how does it work on my target?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

Boom! It ‘corrupts’ the boons of your targets by turning their buffs into debuffs. The link is the Wiki entry which goes through and tells you what the buffs get translated to in terms of debuffs.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

It’s useless in PvE. PvP only utility.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I wouldn’t say “useless” but 95% of the time not worth taking. I’m sure there are encounters and group makeups where it’s quite valuable.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

It is actually very good imo

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheWalkingDead.7298

TheWalkingDead.7298

It’s one of the most straight forward utilities we have, does exactly what it says, not sure what there is to not get.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

In pvp players will put boons (buffs) on themselves. When you use corrupt boon it changes all those boons into conditions. It works the same on creatures but I dont really remember seeing any until I got to 80 and was on the island Ruins of Ore.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

It’s not usless in PvE – there are mobs witch can stack up to 25 might and 1 hit You – like quaggans in path 2 or 3 hotw or some other bosses stacking 3-4 boon for 2 min.

In SE it’s my primary skill along with Well of Corruption, the drege stack boon like crazy!

(but indeed in PvP it can do “magic”)