Not enough stability

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: imagangsta.1349

imagangsta.1349

Why is the necromancer the only class with no access to stability through any of its utilities? In WvW necromancers are basically a sitting duck any heavy cc and we’re dead there is no real way to escape, because necromancers do not have any leaps or stability which imo is needed in wvw; so I think necromancer deserves at least 1 utility skill that gives stability. Spectral armor or well of power should give stability on use so necromancer can be viable and not just a loot bag in WvW.

Crystal Desert Kingswood Brotherhood [KWBH]
Percivel: Guardian, Vayne Silverjaw: Warrior, Varon Aren: Elementalist

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Two words: Hammer Warrior. Your idea also applies in PvP, but it comes down to this: If a necro gets caught in a hard CC chain from a hammer, there’s nothing we can do about it because we can’t do anything. However, we have the health and decent durability (with soldier/sentinel/knight gear/amulet ) that we could handle going toe-to-toe with a hammer warrior IF we could fight back.

So, yes. We need at least TWO utility skills that give stab (and one additional skill in DS that gives stab. Life Transfer would be good for it)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Haven’t tried Reaper I take it?

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

foot in the grave and plague?

die Gedanken sind frei

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I think they try to add specific weaknesses to professions, like necro and CC, engineer/mesmers and conditions etc…

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Haven’t tried Reaper I take it?

After playing Reaper I miss all that Stability. It felt so great.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: imagangsta.1349

imagangsta.1349

@gavyne I’ve tried reaper, but i don’t think RS #3 isn’t enough stability considering reapers/necromancer have terrible mobility.
@livlaender, foot in the grave for 3 stacks of stability is barely worth it. plague has 180 sec cd, 150 sec if traited, not really that viable imo.
@silverkey necromancer has more than one weakness mobility and stability. where as engi and mes have decent condi cleanse; also they have more options to disengage, with their stealth options and mobility.
I don’t think asking for at least 1 utility skill to give stability is asking for too much.

Crystal Desert Kingswood Brotherhood [KWBH]
Percivel: Guardian, Vayne Silverjaw: Warrior, Varon Aren: Elementalist

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

you actually get pretty good stab from CttB Elite aswell, not just RS#3 but imho I think its enough Stab.

wow never tought I say that after 3y

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

you actually get pretty good stab from CttB Elite aswell, not just RS#3 but imho I think its enough Stab.

wow never tought I say that after 3y

At one point during the beta, I managed to time it just right so I had 18 stacks of Stab

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Necromancer is a class supposed to don’t have stability at all.
It’s to make the necromancer weak to something more than a Focus strategy in spvp and make it feel much hard the lack of block/immunity skills.

It’s also a thing made to force you to play in a team.

When I play Necro in www with my guild we provide always a Guardian for the Necros to make them lesser weak in zerg fights.

At last you can wait until the release of HoT and play the Reaper Elite Trait Specializzation, granting you 3 different sources for Stability! (utility shout, elite shout and reaper shroud skill 3)

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Foot in the Grave stability is too weak. It breaks out of stun but I still don’t find it that appealing.

I loved Reaper Shroud 3 for the 2 stacks of stability pulsing every 3 sec for 8 sec. It was nice not to be ping ponged all day. But now that the cooldown only starts when the effect wears off, up time went from (up to) 40% to 28% !

We will see next beta if those 28% max uptime will still be enough to reliably stick to our target(s) and put pressure when Reaper Shroud damage has not received any buff. Also, even if chill will be slightly increased, I don’t think it will be enough to balance the loss in stability.

We need support from a team that doesn’t need us: we’re a liability. And with the preview of Glint, I feel that necro/ranger will stay the black sheeps, especially when our corruption niche won’t be able to put any pressure on the rate at which boons will rain come HoT.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

(edited by Ara.4569)

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Foot in the Grave stability is too weak. It breaks out of stun but I still don’t find it that appealing.

I loved Reaper Shroud 3 for the 2 stacks of stability pulsing every 3 sec for 8 sec. It was nice not to be ping ponged all day. But now that the cooldown only starts when the effect wears off, up time went from (up to) 40% to 28% !

We will see next beta if those 28% max uptime will still be enough to reliably stick to our target(s) and put pressure when Reaper Shroud damage has not received any buff. Also, even if chill will be slightly increased, I don’t think it will be enough to balance the loss in stability.

We need support from a team that doesn’t need us: we’re a liability. And with the preview of Glint, I feel that necro/ranger will stay the black sheeps, especially when our corruption niche won’t be able to put any pressure on the rate at which boons will rain come HoT.

Wasn’t it only a single stack of stability every 3 seconds, though?

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

Yea i really like how they called it going on cd when the skill was activated a bug. I mean itd be like making zerk stance/endure pain not go on cd until the stance wears off……thanks for singling out necro anet.

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Yea i really like how they called it going on cd when the skill was activated a bug. I mean itd be like making zerk stance/endure pain not go on cd until the stance wears off……thanks for singling out necro anet.

Berserker Stance: 60 second cool down, 8 second duration. Condi immunity and adrenaline gain https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker_Stance

Endure Pain: 60 second cool down, 4 second duration. Direct damage immunity, susceptible to CC and conditions https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endure_Pain

Infusing Terror: 20 second cool down (17 seconds traited,) 8 second duration. Pulses stability every second for three seconds. (And is in shroud, so you have what amounts to resistance to condis and direct damage) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusing_Terror

So, let me get this straight….. Very low cooldown stability (25-28 seconds is still low CD for 8 pulsing stacks) is a worse skill than two skills that have 60 second cooldowns, both of which are still in danger of being CC’d and one that can still get conditions applied……

……………..

It seems like we have the better deal, guys

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Not enough stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I suggested before that FotG additionally breaks stun and give stability on exit just to make it “worthy” it will not be OP no one flashes DS vs players there are faster ways to die. PvE? You made me laugh.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread