Not pleased

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Yes we got some buffs, but they are worthless since we still got suck with the problem necros had since nerfhammer in beta.
Warriors got their “sejuani treatment” (character in lol to who they nerfed a lot of theoretical damage, but allowed it to actualy deal it, resulting in being broken as hell till nerf), Thieves got twice as annoying (except the perma stealths who stayed just as annoying) with additional 3 evades and even more porting, Shatter (daze) Mesmers shattered the line between good design and plain obvious favourite of devs, Guardian, well ok you cannot do much except say just as much boon whoring as before and quality of life, Engie, well again same as guardian treatment, more quality of life and a tad stronger condi builds, Ele – ok expected cantrip nerf and opening up more builds so maybe they got it worse than use but idk, really have to ask some guys that know ele in a non trolly glass cannon build.

Either way list of things i want to see:
Dagger:
1 – Cleave in 130 of hit location (current attack range), attack range increased to 300
2 – Life siphon cannot be cast without a target, unblockable
3 – Cast time reduced to 1/2
4 – Fixed kitten projectile so that it doesnt float up-down and get stuck on pebbles, full fix to 3 condi transfer
5 – aftercast reduced

Staff:
1 – 100% projectile finisher
2-5 – default size increased by 33%

Axe:
1-2 – increased cone of cast to 180 (so that you can hit stuff thats directly left/right of you)

Scepter:
3 – turned into pbaoe

Focus
5 – reduced cast time to 1 second

DS:
1 – flat damage (same as current close ranged) or underwater version on land
5 – instant cast, moved to slot 4
Removed gap between 123 and 45

Traits:
Reapers Might – Might and Vuln on Life Blast
Spiteful Removal – Transfer 3 conditions on getting hit by crit, 15 second cooldown
Dhuumfire – Apply 3 seconds of burning on chill (or fear), 5 second cooldown pre unique enemy, cooldown doesnt apply to mobs and minions
Terror – Swapped with furious Demise
Reanimator – Mixed with PotH
Protection of the Horde – Swapped with Reapers Protection
Vengeful marks – Death 20 major – apply 5 stacks of confusion on foes that dodge trough marks
Fetid Consumption – fused with Ncorruption
Aura of the Vampire – Blood 30 major – Siphoning heals up to 5 nearby allies (counts as healing for them and posion works on it
Vampiric – base healing and damage = 5+(0.5*current level+If Power>HPower 0.01power; If HPower>Power 0.01healing)
Foot in the Grave – swapped with Strength of Undeath
Strength of Undeath – Take 5% less damage and pre 10% Life force missing, Condition duration applied to you is 5% less pre 10% life force active

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Yay, another “my-patchnote-wishlist”-thread. because this forum clearly doesnt have enough of these.
Whats the point of them? They get a couple replies, other people start posting their wishlist, then nobody actually cares about the other wishlists in the thread anymore and suddenly the thread disappears. Then days or weeks later another thread is made.

Strength of Undeath – Take 5% less damage and pre 10% Life force missing, Condition duration applied to you is 5% less pre 10% life force active

Not sure if i understand that:
without any life force, necs take 50% less damage and with full life force, necs have 50% decreased condition duration?

Vampiric – base healing and damage = 5+(0.5*current level+If Power>HPower 0.01power; If HPower>Power 0.01healing)

that description is almost as cryptic as Anet’s current vampiric-description. what??

edit: nvm, understand it now. i’ve misread the “if” as “LF”

Vengeful marks – Death 20 major – apply 5 stacks of confusion on foes that dodge trough marks

DO WANT!!

DS:
[…]

again: what??

Thieves got twice as annoying (except the perma stealths who stayed just as annoying) with additional 3 evades and even more porting

where did thieves get another 3 evades??

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Not sure if i understand that:
without any life force, necs take 50% less damage and with full life force, necs have 50% decreased condition duration?

that description is almost as cryptic as Anet’s current vampiric-description. what??

edit: nvm, understand it now. i’ve misread the “if” as “LF”

DO WANT!!

DS:
[…]

again: what??

Thieves got twice as annoying (except the perma stealths who stayed just as annoying) with additional 3 evades and even more porting

where did thieves get another 3 evades??

Random banter, just wanna let steam out.

Yep, if you are on 0 LF you take 50% less damage (doesnt stack with protection), if maxed out duration of conditions applied onto you is 50% less.

For short 45 hp pre hit + 1% of power or healing power depending on whats higher (increasing both damage and healing form it)

Our new Morgana ulti would be better on slot 4 of DS and you know how there is a gap between main hand and offhand weapon skills? Well there is one between DS despite it not being two weapons… technically its not even a weapon since it takes over the stats of your current setup, just kinda ui annoyance.
Cooldown and initiative cost reductions… (Death blossoms and their roll), for short with a initiative regen setup that jumper uses you can make DD theif condis viable as annoyance tanks (spam 3 bleeds pre evade and dodge, 10 bleeds pre caltrop drop, only 1 out of 7 seconds not in a invul frame).

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Andele again its PER not PRE I have seen you do this everytime you write the word and it still makes no sense.

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Dagger 2: What do you mean by ‘cant cast without a target’, are you expecting to randomly be able to press 2 and heal for its amount? its called life siphon, thats like saying you should gain health from Vampiric by randomly swinging your weapon.

Staff 1: Every projectile in the game lists a 20% chance, im not sure why ours should be any different.

DS-5: If it was instant cast (and not the 0.25s it is atm) there would be no way to prevent it being cast.

Vengeful Marks: Guaranteed access to Confusion? don’t think so. The lore experts would eat devs for breakfast.

Strength of the Undeath: Firstly having -50% condition duration or -50% damage taken would simply be game breaking (as you could hit -115% condition duration or -95% damage taken) and im not sure why you would want it to scale with LF missing surly that would promote spamming DS just for the passives.

Although i personally think its fine as it is, your suggestion should of been 0.5% per 10% LF you have.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Dagger 2: What do you mean by ‘cant cast without a target’, are you expecting to randomly be able to press 2 and heal for its amount? its called life siphon, thats like saying you should gain health from Vampiric by randomly swinging your weapon.

Staff 1: Every projectile in the game lists a 20% chance, im not sure why ours should be any different.

DS-5: If it was instant cast (and not the 0.25s it is atm) there would be no way to prevent it being cast.

Vengeful Marks: Guaranteed access to Confusion? don’t think so. The lore experts would eat devs for breakfast.

Strength of the Undeath: Firstly having -50% condition duration or -50% damage taken would simply be game breaking (as you could hit -115% condition duration or -95% damage taken) and im not sure why you would want it to scale with LF missing surly that would promote spamming DS just for the passives.

Although i personally think its fine as it is, your suggestion should of been 0.5% per 10% LF you have.

No for life siphon i mean enemy thief or mesmer are there targeted, i start the cast, they stealth/blink out of LOS it goes on cooldown before the animation even went off, its mostly a preference thing, but if interrupting such a channel during start puts it on a 4 second cooldown, shouldnt enemy ports/other random crap we cannot actually influence during the time at least do that if not just make the skill not activate?

Staff is still one of the slowest weapons and our only non minion projectile finisher, i think we deserve to get the old version back.

DS5 – thats the point of the skill…

Marks – Spiteful spirit, barbs, soul barbs, soul bind and mark of pain spit on you for not knowing lore.

Last one is just because im sick of every other profession getting free “kitten kitten ” you cannot damage/hit/control me in their trait lines or weapons and no as said in it, it wouldnt be stacking (like movement speed increases).

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: joshisanonymous.5270

joshisanonymous.5270

You just got barraged by buffs and you’re gonna whine about how those buffs didn’t also include these other 15 buffs that you personally want? This is the problem with MMO forums.

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

You think Mesmer is anets fave ? LOL. Just take a gander at the huge long list of nerfs they just got. The only one who was nerfed harder then Mesmer was the Ranger.

Please stop your baseless argument and accept the buffs you just got.

Kuunavang from gw1 Factions, “Never reject a gift from someone that can swallow ou whole”

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

• Staff 1 is one of the only ranged auto-attacks that naturally pierce without a trait, 20% like every other ranged weapon auto-attack is fine.
  • Giving Necros access to guaranteed confusion would mean we have guaranteed access to every condition there is. enough said.
  • The point of DS5 is not & should not be thakittens unstoppable, i don’t know were you got that idea from. Such a powerful skill that acts mostly as a passive needs some kind of counter gameplay to it and that is in the form of the cast time, personally i think it needs to be upped to 0.5s.
  • -50% condition duration or -50% damage taken would make us unkillable, literally. If Undead needed any kind of rework i would have it give 1% more damage per 10% LF. rather then 5% when above 50%.

The fact your complaining about the huge versatility buff we received calling them ‘worthless’ makes me question if you actually want necros to be broken OP instead of balanced, but let me put it this way;

Spectral Walks LF boosting effect (+3% per hit taken for 8 seconds) has been making me unkillable in DS when in large scale WvW as i regen more LF then i take in damage.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

-50% condition duration or -50% damage taken would make us unkillable, literally. If Undead needed any kind of rework i would have it give 1% more damage per 10% LF. rather then 5% when above 50%.

I’ve said this numerous times now, but no one wants to hear it: Strength of Undead actually gives you 20 power per 20% life force (at least, that’s how it’s displayed in the character selection screen, which would be a very weird bug if it’s only a display issue).

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bryker.5719

Bryker.5719

We just got a massive buff…and you still want more? At this point just leave the class and play something else because it is CLEARLY not what you want and it will never be. As one or two others in this post pointed out you just want to be kittenly OP. I always try to be nice and helpful on the rare occasions I post but this is one of the few things that I can’t stand. Whining about serious buffs not being enough and wanting outrageous abilities that would make us god mode.

Morte Novella – Necromancer | Bryker – Guardian
(Jade Quarry) Team Savvy

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I actually think they should not touch us for anything now. here is why. First. we have gotten some significant buffs. I can actually depend on death shroud as a condition user, and now DS is HUGELY beneficial to a good CD build…. especially with the build I use. Second, I don’t need cleave, because I have wells, aoe skills, etc. I am so hoping that they don’t nerf us, because I am finding myself so much more effective in pvp, and in wvw, especially small roaming. I don’t need anything else. Of course if they want to make marks have a larget radius naturally, i would go for that Other than that, don’t touch my necro. don’t add anything, don’t subtract anything. I finally feel DS is worth a lot now, and my conditions BURN.

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I can only agree with dagger 4 and the focus. 300 dagger range with cleaving on half that range on every single attack is excessive. I mean come on, Guardian sword only cleaves on the 3rd attack. :p

Scepter 3 could use a buff, but turning into AOE?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

You think Mesmer is anets fave ? LOL. Just take a gander at the huge long list of nerfs they just got. The only one who was nerfed harder then Mesmer was the Ranger.

Please stop your baseless argument and accept the buffs you just got.

Kuunavang from gw1 Factions, “Never reject a gift from someone that can swallow ou whole”

You know every mesmer build was buffed by making phantasams worth the cast and not dying to a random Well of Corruption or Putrid mark a necro drops, right? Only nerf to them that happened was to immortal mesmers since flurry aint invul anymore.
As for ranges they got buffs across the board for every non meta build there is, the shortbow range maybe hurt a bit but it was never a siege weapon to begin with… And no dont you dare talk about pet attack changes since they buffed everything on them last patch and gave a bigger leash range (as in more annoying from afar).

Also brick joke from shiro, cyanide pill.

We just got a massive buff…and you still want more? At this point just leave the class and play something else because it is CLEARLY not what you want and it will never be. As one or two others in this post pointed out you just want to be kittenly OP. I always try to be nice and helpful on the rare occasions I post but this is one of the few things that I can’t stand. Whining about serious buffs not being enough and wanting outrageous abilities that would make us god mode.

Nothing that was broken in design got fixed, we just got more builds to kitten with with the plethora we already had, and as said before some minion masters might have squeed a bit.

(edited by Andele.1306)

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Warriors got their “sejuani treatment” (character in lol to who they nerfed a lot of theoretical damage, but allowed it to actualy deal it, resulting in being broken as hell till nerf)

What? lol

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

This has to be the worst troll post I’ve ever seen.

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Warriors got their “sejuani treatment” (character in lol to who they nerfed a lot of theoretical damage, but allowed it to actualy deal it, resulting in being broken as hell till nerf)

What? lol

You cannot cc lock a warrior anymore if he uses phys skills/stances, for short he doesnt need a peeler to be efficient, techncally warrior skills overall got their max potential damage reduced over the last few balance patches (hammer burst and shout range got smaller, quickness hit them strongest for damage output, axe chain change is technically a pvp nerf, etc). Same way a character in LoL got 2 nerfs, rework, 2 nerfs again, thing is the rework allowed her to deal almost all the damage she couldnt do before, same with warriors.

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

You have to specific what aspect of the game you are talking about. From what I heard, necros in pvp/wvw are happy with the new buff. Pve I don’t see many comment yet.

But from my look at the traits, the only things in pve we benefit from the new traits are hybrid build or DS build.

Hybrid build of course benefit from dhuumfire. I don’t know how good that is because I never play hybrid.

DS build benefit from the increased crit chance and change to the way life blast deal damage. However, the max damage retains the same so I don’t think there is much different because life blast pre-patch w/ >50% LF just doesn’t hit hard enough. Our highest damage is still our daggers.

Wells have lowered CD but I don’t know how good it is now. PVE power necro’s weakness is having no cleave. I don’t know if the more frequent wells will help.

Above is solely from damage stand point but as you know, PVE is all about DPS, dodge, and reflect. We still lack in the later two.

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Above is solely from damage stand point but as you know, PVE is all about DPS, dodge, and reflect. We still lack in the later two.

And cleave too (except for CoF p1).

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Bryker.5719

Nothing that was broken in design got fixed, we just got more builds to kitten with with the plethora we already had, and as said before some minion masters might have squeed a bit.

Broken in design? Dagger is not meant to have cleave, we have quite a large assortment of AoE abilities to make up for it. Don’t cast life siphon if you don’t have a target (shocking I know). OH dagger #4 works how it is supposed to, it’s a multi-target spell that transfers one condi per hit on each bounce with three bounces. Staff projectile finish is in line with all other projectile finishers. Scepter #3 is fine how it is and making a PBAoE would make it useless using scepter at max range or insanely op for LF generation if given a large radius. Making DS#1 full damage at all ranges and %Lf would just be ridiculous with the new 1200 range. Making DS#5 instant would give it almost no counterplay. Face it, we got a large buff and it still wasn’t enough for you.

(Jade Quarry) Team Savvy

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Broken in design? Dagger is not meant to have cleave, we have quite a large assortment of AoE abilities to make up for it. Don’t cast life siphon if you don’t have a target (shocking I know). OH dagger #4 works how it is supposed to, it’s a multi-target spell that transfers one condi per hit on each bounce with three bounces. Staff projectile finish is in line with all other projectile finishers. Scepter #3 is fine how it is and making a PBAoE would make it useless using scepter at max range or insanely op for LF generation if given a large radius. Making DS#1 full damage at all ranges and %Lf would just be ridiculous with the new 1200 range. Making DS#5 instant would give it almost no counterplay. Face it, we got a large buff and it still wasn’t enough for you.

You know all skills used to be hit detection/aoes and dodge wasnt invul frames but just fast displacement… right?

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Bryker.5719

You know this isn’t beta anymore and all that has changed…right? So why are you trying to “balance” necros like it is?

(Jade Quarry) Team Savvy

Not pleased

in Necromancer

Posted by: Greenfish.1270

Greenfish.1270

Yes we got some buffs, but they are worthless since we still got suck with the problem necros had since nerfhammer in beta.
Warriors got their “sejuani treatment” (character in lol to who they nerfed a lot of theoretical damage, but allowed it to actualy deal it, resulting in being broken as hell till nerf), Thieves got twice as annoying (except the perma stealths who stayed just as annoying) with additional 3 evades and even more porting, Shatter (daze) Mesmers shattered the line between good design and plain obvious favourite of devs, Guardian, well ok you cannot do much except say just as much boon whoring as before and quality of life, Engie, well again same as guardian treatment, more quality of life and a tad stronger condi builds, Ele – ok expected cantrip nerf and opening up more builds so maybe they got it worse than use but idk, really have to ask some guys that know ele in a non trolly glass cannon build.

Either way list of things i want to see:
Dagger:
1 – Cleave in 130 of hit location (current attack range), attack range increased to 300
2 – Life siphon cannot be cast without a target, unblockable
3 – Cast time reduced to 1/2
4 – Fixed kitten projectile so that it doesnt float up-down and get stuck on pebbles, full fix to 3 condi transfer
5 – aftercast reduced

Staff:
1 – 100% projectile finisher
2-5 – default size increased by 33%

Axe:
1-2 – increased cone of cast to 180 (so that you can hit stuff thats directly left/right of you)

Scepter:
3 – turned into pbaoe

Focus
5 – reduced cast time to 1 second

DS:
1 – flat damage (same as current close ranged) or underwater version on land

Traits:
Reapers Might – Might and Vuln on Life Blast
Spiteful Removal – Transfer 3 conditions on getting hit by crit, 15 second cooldown
Dhuumfire – Apply 3 seconds of burning on chill (or fear), 5 second cooldown pre unique enemy, cooldown doesnt apply to mobs and minions
Terror – Swapped with furious Demise
Reanimator – Mixed with PotH
Protection of the Horde – Swapped with Reapers Protection
Fetid Consumption – fused with Ncorruption
Aura of the Vampire – Blood 30 major – Siphoning heals up to 5 nearby allies (counts as healing for them and posion works on it
Foot in the Grave – swapped with Strength of Undeath

dagger should never ever cleave