"Nothing Can Save You"

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

So, I was really surprised that none of the Necro shouts involve fear in any form. And the boon -> Vuln thing seems kind of weak and redundant with Reaper, so I was thinking.

How about it converts boons into 1s of fear, up to 2 seconds for 2 boons.

Fits the name. And gives the shout some use outside of the super situational unblockable buff.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

1 sec of fear per boon? that’d be way too strong.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Knote.2904

It only strips 2 boons.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

It only strips 2 boons.

*10, potentially, because it’s up to five targets that you would make flee from you

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

Warrior’s fear me is on a 60 second cd and only fears, the duration is up to 3 seconds but that is within 0-200 which is practically melee range. NCSY is on a 25 second cd and stripe boons with 600 range.

Granted fear me is underpowered, but having fear on it is incredibly strong no matter how you look at it. I would rather it buff up on the defense debuff to be honest to keep up the theme. For example target suffers from an unique debuff that increases damage dealt by 15% or something for 4 seconds + duration for boon striped.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Errr. That wouldnt just be fear. It would also be chill and potentially MORE vuln if there taking bitter chill. I feel that would make the skill a bit too strong.

Ghost Yak

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azazel.1540

Azazel.1540

the cd for the skill would have to be increased considerably, and turning boons into fear simply sounds weird from a thematic standpoint

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Would be cool if it also Poisoned or Crippled.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

Ncsu is a really fun shout . I laught my butt off when i see guardians with block stacking getting 8k crits <3 ^^

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

It should really just corrupt boons normally. The vuln is very meh, but two normal boon corrupts would make it much stronger. That or aoe unblockable for allies.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

It only strips 2 boons.

*10, potentially, because it’s up to five targets that you would make flee from you

Thats still only 2 seconds of fear per enemy.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

It only strips 2 boons.

Thats still only 2 seconds of fear per enemy.

True, but Anet seems to balance things around best case scenario and not something in the middle, so I’m sure they’d look at “holy kitten, ten seconds of fear output? nope, can’t have it.”

Although, i suppose technically it could be looked at the same as CttB, but with less damage and no other CC, soft or otherwise

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

True, but Anet seems to balance things around best case scenario and not something in the middle, so I’m sure they’d look at “holy kitten, ten seconds of fear output? nope, can’t have it.”

Although, i suppose technically it could be looked at the same as CttB, but with less damage and no other CC, soft or otherwise

If Anet looked at every skill like that then you could say that warrior hammer does something along the lines of 10 seconds of knock down.

It’s still 2 seconds on 5 enemies, thats not over powered at all.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Knote.2904

If Anet looked at every skill like that then you could say that warrior hammer does something along the lines of 10 seconds of knock down.

Lol if Anet looked at every skill that way, Reaper would be removed.

Considering almost every ability of ours is based on doing more with more enemies…

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Considering almost every ability of ours is based on doing more with more enemies…

I stand corrected. I seem to still be a bit jaded about core necro. Still, I’m not sure fear is the way to go for NCSY. A second of immob per boon removed might be good, though. It would fit the whole, “You’re screwed now, buddy” feel of yelling “Nothing can save you!” at someone. And, frankly, would be a lot more useful than 10 vuln stacks for a handful of seconds. (And the unblockable would still be more effective if you could plant your enemy where you want them to whack them with your GS)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

I think this skill is fine where it is and can really be used by smart players to dole out some serious punishment.

NCSY + Shroud Knight 5 then 4 is pretty much death for anyone. NCSY + gravedigger can really ruin anyone hiding behind a block that can’t take a hit, like a chrono.

Unblockability is a really good mesh with GS.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

I think this skill is fine where it is and can really be used by smart players to dole out some serious punishment.

NCSY + Shroud Knight 5 then 4 is pretty much death for anyone. NCSY + gravedigger can really ruin anyone hiding behind a block that can’t take a hit, like a chrono.

Unblockability is a really good mesh with GS.

I think the issue people tend to have is more that it gives 10 stacks of vuln in replacement of 2 boons removed. Just about everybody likes the unblockable part, but the vuln part is somewhat lackluster

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

It would fit the whole, “You’re screwed now, buddy” feel of yelling “Nothing can save you!” at someone.

I wish the shout was called “You’re screwed now, buddy”

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

the shout should be without precast of 0.5 sec. its a shout ….
other than that great skill

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

how the hell is 10 stack of vuln lackluster?

this is mostly a pvp/wvw skill, it is not like you can keep 25 stack of vuln up on other players.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, its a solid skill for PvP. Unblockable with potentially huge durations and pretty good uptime isn’t something to laugh at for damage focused Necromancers. This means unblockable Gravedigger or Executioner’s Scythe, and a lot of professions rely pretty heavily on blocking to mitigate. This takes a guardian from a nice block/heal to being instakilled by GD or ES.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

My point more is that Grevedigger has a long wind up and a good number of times you use it in a match, it misses your main target. Having the vuln be immobilize wouldn’t be a bad thing, I think

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

S’what Chill is for man

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Eh, I dunno. I just think having a more substantial pin down skill would be positive

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Yerrrr Nooo!

Reaper doesn’t need anymore fear outside Staff..

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It would fit the whole, “You’re screwed now, buddy” feel of yelling “Nothing can save you!” at someone.

I wish the shout was called “You’re screwed now, buddy”

“Get Crit!”

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

“Get Crit!”

You deserve a +1 for that mate, lol.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

My point exactly, so you can’t see it as 10 second fear.

I’d rather they just fix all our buggy skill like Spectral Grasp only pulling by 0.1 or people being able to jump grasping darkness but just pressing the space bar.

"Nothing Can Save You"

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Granted fear me is underpowered

wat?

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief