Now that we've had some time....

in Necromancer

Posted by: bittercranberry.7015

bittercranberry.7015

Now that everyone seems to have calmed down a bit and had some time to play, what do we think the state of power builds are compared to condi necros/ other classes power builds?

Totally not asking because I’ve had no time to play. /s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

In terms of what, pvp , pve, wvw? Either way the answer to other classes is still not worth taking over them. Healing necro might be a thing though with the change to well of blood.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

Now we’ve had some time..we can see reaper is yesterdays news and its time for scourge. Tunneling us all to condi specs complete 29.99 thanks

in Necromancer

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

Power Reaper might be the worst spec in the game, even Mesmers crap all over it now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SunTzu.4513

SunTzu.4513

In openworldcontent powerreaper can be used as ususal. In all other modes everyone just asking for condispec or switching your char…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

In sPvP the necro may be better with Power than with Condi, depending on the situation, the enemy team composition and your team composition. They’re damage is not so different (frequently I inflicted more damage using a Power build than using a Condi one).
Compared to all the other classes, we’re the worst dps/burst class in this game, expecially compared out Power builds with other classes Power builds.

In PvE the necro have the worst dps of all and that’s the main reason no one want a necro in high level Fractal or Raid.

In WvW we’re good with condi, one of the best using the reaper combo with chill→bleed.
The power build isn’t bad using wells, but it’s till underperforming if compared to all the other classes builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I’m still livid over taking away our shroud cooldown. Core necro is shafted like no tommorow with 1 stack of stab every 10s with foot in the grave. It was already bad as it was already..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’m still livid over taking away our shroud cooldown. Core necro is shafted like no tommorow with 1 stack of stab every 10s with foot in the grave. It was already bad as it was already..

So now instead of getting feared from corrupted stab every 7s you’ll get feared every 10s. I’d say that was a buff.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

As i see atm nothing has changed regarding sPvP.

all is vain

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

So now instead of getting feared from corrupted stab every 7s you’ll get feared every 10s. I’d say that was a buff.

Why do ppl keep saying this. Look that’s assuming you’re fighting a condi necro, and assuming you don’t have any other cover conditions for them to go through 1st. And, most importantly, is only applicable to solo roaming under those situations. For zerging you should be running either wells back line or front line boon corrupt, and you’ll have access to a lot more boons (or should have) that the other team has to corrupt through to get to your stab. Running solo roam builds in a zerg is counter productive as a necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Why do ppl keep saying this. Look that’s assuming you’re fighting a condi necro, and assuming you don’t have any other cover conditions for them to go through 1st. And, most importantly, is only applicable to solo roaming under those situations. For zerging you should be running either wells back line or front line boon corrupt, and you’ll have access to a lot more boons (or should have) that the other team has to corrupt through to get to your stab. Running solo roam builds in a zerg is counter productive as a necro.

It was a very niche joke. I replied to a guy on another post, in which they were complaining about lack of mobility on necro. I said they just gave us effectively perma swiftness and anti snare on sos and they replied “but it will get stripped instantly”. So I applied the same logic to this thread.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Now that everyone seems to have calmed down a bit and had some time to play, what do we think the state of power builds are compared to condi necros/ other classes power builds?

Totally not asking because I’ve had no time to play. /s

There dps hasn’t change enough to make an impact on the game. They’re DPS is still much too low to function as intended. I’ve already done the testing on this and their DPS is still reduced thanks to the Vital persistence change. Even with us getting 25% of it back.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It was a very niche joke. I replied to a guy on another post, in which they were complaining about lack of mobility on necro. I said they just gave us effectively perma swiftness and anti snare on sos and they replied “but it will get stripped instantly”. So I applied the same logic to this thread.

And yet that persistent mobility and shroud cdr were what enabled reaper to absolutely demolish thieves if the reaper had any semblance of an idea of how to fight them.

Now you’ll open shroud and immediately get the swiftness ripped, the timer cut to gap close over time, and fewer activations for Charge.

To compensate for only a portion of the mobility you need to sacrifice >10% damage, burst potential, two utility slots, and then the active use of SotL.

It’s absolutely no contest and totally different from just having some stab or not. SoS is only better now if most of the time you spend moving is in fights without boon hate which are rare, or it’s because you’re not fighting while moving.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I tried to get used to the changes, but I just don’t enjoy my Power Reaper anymore. I miss my 50% slower decay and 7 sec cd on Shroud. I spent over 3000 hours on my Necro main in the past years so it’s kind of painful to use her as a banker character now. New Engi main here.

in Necromancer

ZeftheWicked.3076

Long story short – welcome to gw2’s worst profession.

They buffed our power (new signet trait), but butchered furious food which for necro was a bit of needed “ompf”

Generally the upgrades to necro seem to be sustain, not damage focused. So our self sustain is up, ability to ress is up…damage? Not so much…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6sixjn/to_the_devs_can_we_please_have_a_conversation/

A particular highlight of that post

1: How Much Damage does the Necromancer Actually Do?
I will preface this by noting once again that this entire discussion is predicated on Deathly Chill being nerfed into the ground to make way for a new Necromancer Condi Spec. Given this, I will be mainly examining the damage output of Power Reaper. Now, the most recent benchmarks I could find with corroborating evidence that actually list Power Reaper set the build’s DPS with realistic buffs at 23,385. We should all agree that this is low, but there is a question of how low it is. Once that is figured out, we can be more equipped to arrive at workable balance changes. So some context. Examining qT’s benchmarks prior to today’s patch:
As it stands, Power Reaper is not listed on these benchmarks, due to its DPS being lower than that of all meta DPS specs of all other classes, including for example Jalis Revenant, Hammer Guardian, and of all things Condi Mesmer. It is 0.5% higher than Power Phalanx Strength Berserker. The only meta builds with lower DPS are Power PS Zerker and pure support Chronomancer.

If you were to increase the damage of all necromancer skills by 50%, Power Reaper DPS against large hitboxes would be less than all meta Tempest builds and comparable to Dragonhunter. Against small hitboxes, Power Reaper would be only the third highest DPS, following Condi Daredevil and Condi Engineer. So an across-the-board 50% damage buff to all necromancer skills would not make power reaper the highest DPS class in any context

If you were to increase the damage of all necromancer skills by 33%, Power Reaper DPS would be lower than all of the following classes: Condi Daredevil, Power Daredevil, Condi Engineer, Condi Tempest, Condi Ranger, and Condi Berserker. DPS would also be in-line with Power Engineer.

If you were to increase the damage of all necromancer skills by 25%, Power Reaper DPS would be under 30k, less than all of the above in addition to: All meta Tempest builds, Condi Revenant, Power Engineer, D/D Thief, and Sc/T/GS Dragonhunter, narrowly edging out Condi PS Zerker.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6sixjn/to_the_devs_can_we_please_have_a_conversation/

A particular highlight of that post

1: How Much Damage does the Necromancer Actually Do?
I will preface this by noting once again that this entire discussion is predicated on Deathly Chill being nerfed into the ground to make way for a new Necromancer Condi Spec. Given this, I will be mainly examining the damage output of Power Reaper. Now, the most recent benchmarks I could find with corroborating evidence that actually list Power Reaper set the build’s DPS with realistic buffs at 23,385. We should all agree that this is low, but there is a question of how low it is. Once that is figured out, we can be more equipped to arrive at workable balance changes. So some context. Examining qT’s benchmarks prior to today’s patch:
As it stands, Power Reaper is not listed on these benchmarks, due to its DPS being lower than that of all meta DPS specs of all other classes, including for example Jalis Revenant, Hammer Guardian, and of all things Condi Mesmer. It is 0.5% higher than Power Phalanx Strength Berserker. The only meta builds with lower DPS are Power PS Zerker and pure support Chronomancer.

If you were to increase the damage of all necromancer skills by 50%, Power Reaper DPS against large hitboxes would be less than all meta Tempest builds and comparable to Dragonhunter. Against small hitboxes, Power Reaper would be only the third highest DPS, following Condi Daredevil and Condi Engineer. So an across-the-board 50% damage buff to all necromancer skills would not make power reaper the highest DPS class in any context

If you were to increase the damage of all necromancer skills by 33%, Power Reaper DPS would be lower than all of the following classes: Condi Daredevil, Power Daredevil, Condi Engineer, Condi Tempest, Condi Ranger, and Condi Berserker. DPS would also be in-line with Power Engineer.

If you were to increase the damage of all necromancer skills by 25%, Power Reaper DPS would be under 30k, less than all of the above in addition to: All meta Tempest builds, Condi Revenant, Power Engineer, D/D Thief, and Sc/T/GS Dragonhunter, narrowly edging out Condi PS Zerker.

Any heros going to refute this and give us the stop crying line. And to those who think their spvp hasnt changed you are truely blessed

in Necromancer

ZeftheWicked.3076

spvp changed for everyone and come xpac it’s gonna get a whole lot messier. I just can’t wait for the new “kill the scourge before it leaves it’s base” meta. Fun times incoming…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

There dps hasn’t change enough to make an impact on the game. They’re DPS is still much too low to function as intended. I’ve already done the testing on this and their DPS is still reduced thanks to the Vital persistence change. Even with us getting 25% of it back.

Could not agree more!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??