Offhand Dagger

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

This is going to be a quick post because there really isn’t too much to discuss on this topic, but I feel like a change needs to happen to this weapon. Now it isn’t a nerf or changing the weapon’s function at all just just something that it should have. The Offhand dagger is the only one of the necromancer’s weapons that doesn’t have a life force generating skill. Access to life force has been a thorn in the condimancer’s side through out the entire profession’s life. And part of that reason is most condimancers have less access to life force skills than their power counterpart.

Now I know that their are some big changes coming that could very well make Focus a viable option for a condimancer. However I still believe that the offhand dagger needs some way to give life force. My suggestion would be to link it with deathly swarm. Life force for conditions transferred plus the blind it normally gives. Some might say this is makes the skill do allot but in my opinion the skill is still rather slow and still relies on being aggressive to fuel your defenses.

Its a minor change but it’d at least be something.

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

3-4% Life Force for each condition transfered is a fair deal.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If OH got LF generation I’d give it on the 5 skill, with 2-4% per person hit, which also ends up buffing the related trait. Otherwise I think OH dagger is pretty good, though the skills definitely need some reductions on the overall time it takes to hit. As it is right now you cast the abilities for a decent amount of time, and then it takes even longer to actually hit the target. So if it takes the 5 skill 1/4s to land after casting (or however long it is), then reduce the cast time so it overall takes 3/4s-1s to actually take effect from start of cast.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I wish they’d swap dagger and focus skills so i could run Dagger/Dagger and get full benefit from the new blood dagger trait. would be worth having to get another dagger :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I wish they’d swap dagger and focus skills so i could run Dagger/Dagger and get full benefit from the new blood dagger trait. would be worth having to get another dagger :P

I’m glad OH dagger is a condition weapon, I’ve run as a condimancer since launch and think daggers look much better than most foci.

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’m glad OH dagger is a condition weapon, I’ve run as a condimancer since launch and think daggers look much better than most foci.

Of course they do, but I’d love to run D/D (which looks the best!) and have the dagger trait be useful for a full bar of skills! Not that it’s impossible to run D/D even now but it isn’t something to write home about as they both have different goals.

Edit: Judt hypothetical anyways. They would likely never do something like this.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Captain Unusual.9163

Of course they do, but I’d love to run D/D (which looks the best!) and have the dagger trait be useful for a full bar of skills! Not that it’s impossible to run D/D even now but it isn’t something to write home about as they both have different goals.

Edit: Judt hypothetical anyways. They would likely never do something like this.

Yeah, I know, it’d make more sense to switch OHdagger and focus skills, but I’m greedy and like conditions. Guess I’m the lucky one this time.

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

it doesnt see to have a restriction. as long as you have one equip it will be 25%

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

He’s talking about the CDR.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

He’s talking about the CDR.

ok right

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I would love for OH dagger to have some kind of LF generation. The other OH weapons have it, and quite frankly some of the MH weapons have such bad LF generation on their own (coughscepter) that they really need a weapon with a secondary source for an OH, which ends up making OH dagger a less appealing choice.

Like how all Mesmer OH have phantasms, I think LF generation should be something that all Necro OH weapons have.

I’d probably put it on skill #5 personally, though. #4 is already pretty good I feel, and putting it on the #5 skill would make OH Dagger more unique, where putting it on #4 basically makes it the same as Focus. Since its a DoT based skill, perhaps they could do something like a custom debuff that gives you life force every second from every enemy you hit (similar to how Guardian GS has the unique DoT debuff on their #5 skill).

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Captain Unusual.9163

I would love for OH dagger to have some kind of LF generation. The other OH weapons have it, and quite frankly some of the MH weapons have such bad LF generation on their own (coughscepter) that they really need a weapon with a secondary source for an OH, which ends up making OH dagger a less appealing choice.

Like how all Mesmer OH have phantasms, I think LF generation should be something that all Necro OH weapons have.

I’d probably put it on skill #5 personally, though. #4 is already pretty good I feel, and putting it on the #5 skill would make OH Dagger more unique, where putting it on #4 basically makes it the same as Focus. Since its a DoT based skill, perhaps they could do something like a custom debuff that gives you life force every second from every enemy you hit (similar to how Guardian GS has the unique DoT debuff on their #5 skill).

It’d be far more unique and relevant to its intended use if it was on #4, and was based on the number of conditions transferred. It’d help with Corruption builds, and tie into the theme of necromancer as a master of condition manipulation.

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

In a way that would be true, I suppose. But it would also mean that your LF generation on that particular weapon would be 100% based around having conditions in the first place, which means it would only work sometimes. I’d rather have it be more reliable.

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Captain Unusual.9163

In a way that would be true, I suppose. But it would also mean that your LF generation on that particular weapon would be 100% based around having conditions in the first place, which means it would only work sometimes. I’d rather have it be more reliable.

True, but 3 of the 5 skills (of scepter/dagger) would inflict conditions, and the other two would work with them to generate life force. Or Dagger4 could give LF based on the conditions it inflicts, since it always blinds. Then it’d be like Scepter3, with a low floor but incredibly high potential payoff.

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

True, but 3 of the 5 skills (of scepter/dagger) would inflict conditions, and the other two would work with them to generate life force. Or Dagger4 could give LF based on the conditions it inflicts, since it always blinds. Then it’d be like Scepter3, with a low floor but incredibly high potential payoff.

Not to mention, the synergy this would have for anyone trying to work Corruption skills into their build.

Offhand Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Very unconstructive post but this ^ Plus it just looks cooler imo :P

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU