Old Necro needs advises

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaganna.6034

Zaganna.6034

Hi to all master of death and undeath.
Necro here, since BW1.

During my play in GW2 I always had DS/power centric build. I never got much closer to condition damage.
The main reason was the awfull bleeding stacking sistem that still we have to deal.

Recently I got all the necessary to get 45 AR for fractal (35 now, I got globe for the back and the guild commendation for the last accessory) and I was going to get them realeted to my power build.
However, good news for condition builds came at my hear recently. Like the fact that Anet agrees that the 25 max stack bleed will be changed (one day…) and the new 5th DS skill with an all new condition.

So, after building a full zerker war (mostly for Cof farm, TA and the lost Molten facility) I thonk that having a Power necro wasn’t much usefull for me anymore. Plus, my necro will still be my main for Fractal. This are my main reason to starting thinking about going to condition damage.

At the end, after this short story of my game, I have a few questions. Any help or advise would be great.

A)Should I change into condition? (Yeah…this question really sucks and is way too general, but I want to hear your opinions)

B)Is Max precision required for condition build? Assume that I put 30 points in curse anyway (Bleed duration and Scepter condition duration traits), Is precision really important?
Indeed I can proc more bleeding, but th chance is 66%. Plus the crit chance for necro is low too even with condition/thougness/precision gear (50-55%).
This will lead to a total bleed proc of 0,66*0,5= 33%. Not that much i think. Or I’m missing something?

C) Are there Condition/Toughness/Vitality armor set out there?

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

I run a power build with my necro, the only reason i do so is because for pve content running more than 1 condy user gimps your group with overlapping condys. it’s also the reason i don’t pve on my engineer.

a. you could get a rabid set for a condy spec but be prepared to switch if you have a superior condy user in your group (ofc i doubt pugs matters)
b. not ran a condy build without rabid gear so wouldnt know, but any other condy gear would make you a hybrid, i’d say the crit is just an added bonus, the procs from earth barely add any dps, infact i’ve heard that doom is superior atm.
c. nope dont think so

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Vem.8649

Lord Vem.8649

a. Yes, for the most part power builds can just be done better by other professions.

b. You will do more overall damage and get those extra bleeds, but isn’t huge. Mostly people get it because there aren’t any better alternatives.

c. No

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Go hybrid if you really want to switch to conditions. With 15 points in curses you get fury when you enter DS. Increased crit chance. Plus you can use a sigil of accuracy for an extra 5% which doesnt show up on the hero panel. 50% crit chance is fine for a hybrid/condition build though. For a full zerker necro its better to have more than 50% but depends on what you lose out on if you do go for that much precision.

I still use zerker wells for fractals and so on. But i do have other sets of armour so i can use other builds if I really want to or need to.

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I am shocked you have not tried a condition build, yet. There are many builds that are pretty useful and modify play style and tactics for Necromancer. I encourage you to try them out. See what you can make out of the trait tree and gear attributes.

Right now, I am evaluating a 20/10/20/20/0 MM build and how fast it can chew though karka. I plan on running hybrid against them nest.

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

There are condition/vitality/toughness stats available, but only through ascended trinkets. There is currently no armor with those stats.

Stuff goes here.

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I PVE in rampagers with a 30/30/10/0/0 build. And there are ascended Condition/toughness/vit items (just not armor).

Precision bumps up damage quite a bit if you can get close to 100% bleed duration, but keep in mind your damage crashes horribly with other condition classes. Nem had a nice hybrid rampagers build with scept/dagger, axe/focus that I still use most of the time for fractals, that rarely had bleed stack issues.

Until the 25 stack is resolved… FULL conditions is a bad idea in PVE.

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alcy.3642

Alcy.3642

For me, minion necro = tank and killer
im using dd/staff
20 0 30 20 0
and minion necro is the build that dont need u to think too much but hit ur keyboard at will and kill some dudes, even good player will feel hard to kill u(if u r not good)
the weakness is ranger.

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Zaganna.6034

I’m speaking PvE – Dungeon only.

Thank to all you, but I think I’ll try the classic condition/prec/thougness at the end. I will start from Lopex’s guide.

I just have a last question about Sigil.
If I have the earth sigil on scepter and a sigil of corruption on the dagger, does the corruption stacks only whend I kill with the dagger??

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Nop, you need to do “some” damage with your dagger to get the stack,

Good choise on sigils btw,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Old Necro needs advises

in Necromancer

Zaganna.6034

Thank you. But I have an other question about weapon. Are Givers weapon any good?