Old player returning. need help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bodacioushammer.7934

Bodacioushammer.7934

Hello, I used to play this game a fair bit, but it has been a while. I have a fairly well equip necromancer, but the problem is that i have no idea what the best weapons, skills, or gear are. I have the ability to create some legendary things with the map completion item, but i don’t know what to use it on. any guidance on items to look for or gear choices would be awesome.

TL:DR
Im lost and i dont know what to wear or use. help!

Thanks

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

What kind of play style do you like? You could be a condi guy, power necro, or like minions(but why would you?). Do you want to pve or pvp? Solo roam in wvw or be a part of a zerg? All of these questions need to be answered before you can get any solid help.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bodacioushammer.7934

Bodacioushammer.7934

currently I have condition gear i believe so i would like to stay down that route, and I am aiming to clear dungeons so PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

I believe few people is using conditions anymore on PvE. A power-based build is better to clean dungeons faster.

So, for a power-based build, current meta is zerker (Pow, Pre, Fer). Some people use soldier (Pow, Vit, Tou), or some combination of both, to gain some survivability.

Anyway, wether you choose conditions or power, you can buy top armor and weapons on different places: a) TP, (using gold) b) Dungeon sellers (using dungeon’s tokens), c) WvW sellers (using WvW tokens), d) Orr temple karma sellers (using karma). You don’t need to buy all your equipment on the same place.

The best option to buy your trinkets is the Laurel vendor, using 30-35 laurels each.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)