Orochi Necromancer Lupicus Solo

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Probably the most challenging thing I’ll ever do in this game, and the most satisfying. It took a while to figure out the right strategy, but I finally managed to kill him. Enjoy.

Special thanks to Kull.9801 for believing in me and sharing strategies :p

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

Congratulations

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

nice ^^
I think you just proved a lot of people wrong.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dont Kill The Messenger.6097

Dont Kill The Messenger.6097

great kittening job

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Purely amazing timing. You sir, deserve congratulations.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Really nice use of Dark path and Wurm placement.
Could you post the build (pretty sure you have 25+ in curses and 15 in sr but cant really figure out the rest) and the food consumable you are using (my guess is pizza but who knows)?
Another thing i noticed (since most of the solo vids held my attention for watch utilites and skip to the end to see if its actually dead) and didnt know is do his first 2 attacks in the chain (the claw hits) do no damage when solo, melee or something? (note; i have not dared enter Arah since release/time when it was like 15 eyes pre run and lupi would hit for 20k with basic attacks since it have me flashbacks of AQ40 and some more mental scars)
Other than my question, epic work and all kudos for the lupi solos~

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

looks like 30 in SR with 5s CD on DS.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Well done.

Now for the questions: Is there some technique I am unaware of, which makes lupicus cast his bubble less frequently. I watched the whole thing and I didnt see triple bubble even once. If lupicus did double bubble, wasting your cooldowns, how would you react to subsequent bubbles, tank it? I know toughness pumped necro can easily tank bubble with shroud, but could your shroud+hp last 3 full bubbles?

On a side note, i’ve been able to solo arah p2 up to lupicus phase 2 as berserker necro. I know I could make it to phase 3 if I would bother to use sigil of energy. For phase 3, my bubble safeguards would be shroud stability, wurm, plague and two bone minions and I still don’t know if that would be enough with my bubble luck.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Zogyark.4597

Hey guys, thank you all for the congrats really appreciate it.

@ Andele, I posted the build on the video description and some of the tactics reasoning. I think what you mean is the single green target attack that he throws at random people? That only hits long range if you’re melee it won’t hit you, that’s why I try to stay as close to him as possible on the second and third phase.

@ Targuil, For Lupicus to cast his bubble less frequently you have to stay as close to him as possible without moving him around too much, then he will stop casting it, As you can see though in the video he will cast it as soon as he has the chance, multiple bubbles did kill me a lot of times I practiced so I had to master phase 3 to a point where he would only do one bubble at most which I had Flesh Wurm for, I also tried Stability Death Shroud but as you can see sometimes I need to tank hits with it and the 10sec cooldown is too long.

(edited by Zogyark.4597)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Hey guys, thank you all for the congrats really appreciate it.

@ Andele, I posted the build on the video description and some of the tactics reasoning. I think what you mean is the single green target attack that he throws at random people? That only hits long range if you’re melee it won’t hit you, that’s why I try to stay as close to him as possible on the second and third phase.

No (thats the single target siphon thing he does the channel at at the end of the chain), i mean the first 2 claw hits… maybe it got removed in one of the arah nerfs, but the same after his blackground thing blink (if he doesnt summon the dome or the bubble ground boil thing) he would do the melee attack chain (1 claw hit, a double hit then the long range green channel) that does 15k~ pre hit to light armors during phase 2, but stops during 3 for his random mini aoes.
Thx for the build (kinda exactly what i expected but the shammy gear surprized me).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Voodoo.1709

Voodoo.1709

Very nice work, congrats!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grandmaster Lee.9568

Grandmaster Lee.9568

That was amazing! You should post this to /r/Guildwars2!

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Wow that was great, i like your use of dark path to avoid the red circles! and endurance sigils ftw?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tezcatlipoca.4965

Tezcatlipoca.4965

Congratulations, very well done

Officer of [EM], Sylvari Necromancer
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Great work!! We must get you on for a special podcast episode mate!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ichor.9360

Ichor.9360

That’s some godkittened epic sauce right there. Bravo.

(edited by Ichor.9360)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lucas.9162

Lucas.9162

This is freakin’ awesome. Best Necromancer footage I’ve seen to date. I don’t know whether to congratulate you, or tell you how jealous I am. I’ve been working very hard on soloing Arah. This video provides me with so much more strategy. I honestly did not know that you could dodge the grubs by watching his right hand, and I never thought about using Dark Path to avoid the bubbles.

Absolutely incredible. Necromancer is now the second class I’ve seen do this on video. You’ve shut down a lot of naysayers, and given hope to a misunderstood class. I now have a big goal to work towards. Thanks man, really!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

@ Targuil, For Lupicus to cast his bubble less frequently you have to stay as close to him as possible without moving him around too much, then he will stop casting it, As you can see though in the video he will cast it as soon as he has the chance, multiple bubbles did kill me a lot of times I practiced so I had to master phase 3 to a point where he would only do one bubble at most which I had Flesh Wurm for, I also tried Stability Death Shroud but as you can see sometimes I need to tank hits with it and the 10sec cooldown is too long.

Better abuse this fast until they fix it. :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Absolutely incredible. Necromancer is now the second class I’ve seen do this on video. You’ve shut down a lot of naysayers, and given hope to a misunderstood class. I now have a big goal to work towards. Thanks man, really!

There is a thread on the forum somewhere, compiling solo dungeon videos. There is a lupicus subsection with so far warrior, guardian, mesmer and thief. As far as I remember they all need about half an hour except for the warrior of course. Actually the mesmer has the worst dps but then uses the reflect bubble and that deals 100k-200k damage which cuts his time significantly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Congrats nice work.

(sarcasm on)

GW2 dev takes a look at this video and concludes that Dark Path trivalises this encounter and hence upcoming nerf.

(sarcasm off)

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

Thumbs up. Good job!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Holly kitten! Excellent job! Congrats!
I have watched it 3 times now, and I need to re-watch it again!
Awesome!

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Nice! I was actually thinking of attempting this soon. Unfortunately I dont have enough time and now you’ve beaten me to it. Good job anyway, atleast now we know its definately possible. :>

in Necromancer

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

Gratz on the solo! With more and more classes posting these solo lupi videos combined with the eventual arah revamp you can bet he’s going to get a uber buff.

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Did you try using spectral walk at all when attempting this btw?

in Necromancer

Zogyark.4597

Yeah, it’s great when the swiftness is active, not so much when it’s on cooldown I found the 25% passive speed more reliable.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Yeah, it’s great when the swiftness is active, not so much when it’s on cooldown I found the 25% passive speed more reliable.

I was thinking of using it to avoid aoe’s by dodging out of them and then teleporting back in after they hit. Cause an issue ive found in GL fights is where you dodge out of a circle and right into another one.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alurazle.5430

Alurazle.5430

Whenever I see amazing solos like this I say, “Now that guy/girl deserves a legendary or precursor.” However this game doesn’t really reward players for skill, rather then players who are lucky with mystic toilet and chests. Anyway I salute you!

Dragonbrand4life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I had no idea the second phase single target bolt didn’t activate in melee range…. that was the part of the encounter I always assumed would be impossible for a necro without uptime on vigor. Since that only hits ranged attackers (I didn’t know this) all that you really have left that is difficult to deal with continuously is the bubble, which apparently you figured out how to minimize.

Impressive video… I am pertty sure somewhere I posted I would eat my hat if someone did this, but since I have no hat on right now I must be safe.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Hey, zog, I sent you a pm, and congrats!

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I had no idea the second phase single target bolt didn’t activate in melee range…. that was the part of the encounter I always assumed would be impossible for a necro without uptime on vigor. Since that only hits ranged attackers (I didn’t know this) all that you really have left that is difficult to deal with continuously is the bubble, which apparently you figured out how to minimize.

Impressive video… I am pertty sure somewhere I posted I would eat my hat if someone did this, but since I have no hat on right now I must be safe.

That projectile can be dodged without dodging btw. Just need to move to the side.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Gratz on the solo! With more and more classes posting these solo lupi videos combined with the eventual arah revamp you can bet he’s going to get a uber buff.

It will never happen with ranger. Or can it? It will be fun watching the best player in GW2 ever use a ranger to melee which I would think is the key to soloing.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Admired.7461

Admired.7461

It’s not a bug. It’s AI. Enemies act depending on your range and actions.
Lupicus is one of the few enemies who correspond with this.

Ever played Monster Hunter? If you know the best ranges, you can get enemies to do whatever you nearly want them to do. www.youtube.com/admiredfob

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ichor.9360

Ichor.9360

Necros have the fewest wipes when they poo, too.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Yeah because speed is everything, right? Wrong.
Utility > Damage

You clearly misunderstood my post.

haha, who is talking about speed here btw Mesmer’s do way more damage than a necro. We just rock the Death Shroud. But hey, you thought if a necro could do something everyone could so what can we expect.

(edited by Moderator)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Euriczski.9103

Euriczski.9103

Thats impressive ! good job bro !

TarnishedCoast – Dropdeadangel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It’s not a bug. It’s AI. Enemies act depending on your range and actions.
Lupicus is one of the few enemies who correspond with this.

Ever played Monster Hunter? If you know the best ranges, you can get enemies to do whatever you nearly want them to do. www.youtube.com/admiredfob

Like all those “features” where you stand on specific ledges and enemies just stand still.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

Really great work! I’m going to take a close look at this once I get to Arah.

Aside: can we please keep this thread about Lupicus and Necromancers rather than an argument about necromancers vs other classes?

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Was thinking about making a contest at some point, but life stuff happened.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Very good job at soloing him and good use of dark path to duke his AoEs that’s one i never thought of myself.

I was planning on doing this soon myself but i got carried away with Achievement Hunting xD

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMaV79aKb87JApCXH9gYkTm6B8sjOA;TkAKtMaJ0yqlTLpWrPGfMDA

I’m assuming something like that was your trait layout with Rabid Armour, Weapons & Shaman Trinkets.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Zogyark.4597

Was thinking about making a contest at some point, but life stuff happened.

Wow ty mate, Can’t wait to check out the undead chicken when I get home ;p

Hey Ascii this is close to what I was using with ascended rabid back and exotic shaman trinket, the staff was also shaman’s for extra vitality, I’ll be honest I was using full rabid before this try and the moment I decided to switch was when I managed to kill. I lost about 9 extra damage from ticks (from 129-120) for an extra 5k vitality when using staff, also lost some toughness in trade for healing power. If you pause video at 7:33 you can see final stats.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjMaV7Jb+a87JApCRH9gYkTm6h7sjOA;T0A5USpUXpsiSLjWCtsa50Sq1KgxH7PA

(edited by Zogyark.4597)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Were you able to skip the mobs after the first boss on p2 without any help?

in Necromancer

Zogyark.4597

Yes it’s pretty easy, Use Spectral Walk, Plague Signet, and Well of Power. Activate Spectral Walk then go into Plague Form with blindness. Use condition removal if you don’t make it the whole way and dodge.

(edited by Zogyark.4597)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Yes it’s pretty easy, Use Spectral Walk, Plague Signet, and Well of Power. Activate Spectral Walk then go into Plague Form with blindness. Use condition removal if you don’t make it the whole way and dodge.

Thanks for the tips. I only ever tried to do the skip once and i used flesh wurm at the start but didnt have enough dodges or condition removal to get past. Plague form is a good tip, didnt think of that.

Btw I think we may be the only class that can fully solo path 3. I got up to the second boss last night. Pretty sure we can solo the orb part with decent use of spectral walk and flesh wurm.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

Congratulation for the great video.
I have a question but first of all let me say I don’t play Guild Wars 2 since a few months so I’m little behind of changes.
In the whole phase 1 I didn’t see a single Risen Grub. Where are they? Just one of it spawn at the end of phase 1, beginning of phase 2.
Last time I did Lupicus (I think before december) the Risen Grubs spawned even near clones, pet and most of all to jagged horrors.
How about? Is there something I don’t understand? Did they changed the behaviour of the Risen Grubs?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I have a question but first of all let me say I don’t play Guild Wars 2 since a few months so I’m little behind of changes.
In the whole phase 1 I didn’t see a single Risen Grub. Where are they? Just one of it spawn at the end of phase 1, beginning of phase 2.
Last time I did Lupicus (I think before december) the Risen Grubs spawned even near clones, pet and most of all to jagged horrors.
How about? Is there something I don’t understand? Did they changed the behaviour of the Risen Grubs?

You can dodge them when his hand is raised up above his head. Pug groups generally dont bother with this though. The last grub on phase switch cannot be dodged though.

in Necromancer

Arcades Saboth.5139

You can dodge them when his hand is raised up above his head. Pug groups generally dont bother with this though. The last grub on phase switch cannot be dodged though.

Doding avoid the grub to spawn?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Doding avoid the grub to spawn?

Yeah dodge and if you are succesful whoever he targeted wont get the green cloud on them which spawns the grub after a few seconds.

in Necromancer

Arcades Saboth.5139

Thank you for your answer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

yesss a conditonmancer as myself. I love it =)