Our down state is arguably the worst now in sPvP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

With the recent buff for Elementalist where they basically get to delay time and stop multiple stomps (teamfights) even with the buffed damage and combo field we probably have the least defense versus stomps.

Our siphon was buffed however since downed state is based off of stats (siphon being power based) it means it still does horrible damage.

Our fetid ground was buffed but some damage doesn’t stop an incoming stomp and you aren’t going to force them to die with a poison that ticks for maybe 200-300 damage.

Right now my thoughts on downed state rankings.

1. Thief
Basically two ways of delaying time, a teleport and a stealth. Their 1 also is power based which almost all thieves roll making their damage actually pretty decent downed and also bounces. Teleport and stealth ignores stability/blinds/blocks.
2. Mesmer
Teleport to delay time and ridiculously powerful phantasms while downed. The 1 is power based and causes confusion. Teleport ignores stability/blinds/blocks.
3. Elementalist
Now with the new buff are basically sitting high. Its a visible teleport/invulnerability and actually has them have a second downed penalty however it basically gives them a mild heal. (downed penalty is -25% health when redowned) So basically they get low They vapor form and go to 75% when redowned. Also I believe the vapor form may also allow them to keep points.
4. Guardian
AOE interrupt knockback. Can be blinded/stabilitied however blind is unreliable as their 1 is a channel and can stop the blind easily. Their 3 is also a heal. Their 1 is power based.

Next few are a bit closer, but take into the factor of traits.

5. Warrior
The interrupt rather sucks as its single target. However, the vengeance is extremely powerful and can be traited where if they kill something they rally. This trait is almost broken underwater in Raid of the Unicorn. They die, they rally off of the sharks with the spin move they got. They’re also invincible for a brief moment during the rally. Power based 1. Can be blocked/stabilitied/blinded.
6. Engineer
A single interrupt which sucks in group fights however the 3 is an AOE knockback. They can also pick up the Elixer R which if timed well can self rally themselves. The 1 is condition based and power based. Can be blinded/blocked/stabilitied.
7. Ranger
An AOE interrupt however it is easily waited out. Their pets can rally them as well. The 1 is a condition which is horrible for them. Can be blinded/blocked/stabilitied.
8. Necromancer
Only single interrupt. Our 1 is power based which most necros are not. Our 3 is poison but it ticks slow and creates a combo field. Can be blinded/blocked/stabilitied.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

At least we are consistently bad at everything. :P If we were really awesome downed our class might play better if we deliberately get knocked down. :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I really want to know what they were thinking.

Anet “Hey, what does Necro need?”

Necro “Well, if possible, staff auto dmg boost would be awesome! Please?”

Anet “Well you’re severely lacking in Dark Combo Fields…”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

ANET necro devs: the mal-informed devs of the anet dev world. I wonder if the necro devs play necros. probably not, it is likely they play guardians.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezekeel.2837

Ezekeel.2837

I agree. We probably are the class with the weakest downed state now.

They should change #2 to an aoe fear, scrap #3 and instead add:

‘Conjure Phylactery’ (ground target skill, 900 range): Conjure phylactery (urn thingy with 2000 HP or so) at the selected location. If the necro dies he is instantly revived at the phylactery’s location with 50% HP.

That would be kittenn!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merciless.5349

Merciless.5349

At least we are consistently bad at everything. :P If we were really awesome downed our class might play better if we deliberately get knocked down. :P

HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Lmao. You made me tear up.

I’m going back to Mesmer now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

I agree. We probably are the class with the weakest downed state now.

They should change #2 to an aoe fear, scrap #3 and instead add:

‘Conjure Phylactery’ (ground target skill, 900 range): Conjure phylactery (urn thingy with 2000 HP or so) at the selected location. If the necro dies he is instantly revived at the phylactery’s location with 50% HP.

That would be kittenn!

I’d like if we maintain the single target fear, to have instead of poison turn us into a minion or something for like 10-15 seconds a la warrior style. The minion would have its own set of skills. That would be kitten.

Otherwise maybe an AOE fear.

And maybe change the life siphon to do bleeding as well, cause its life siphoning shouldnt the target be bleeding as im siphon the life out of him?

Or you could go Elementalist style and have a “Lazarus” move where we were seeemingly down and then all of a sudden come back to life only to fall back down again.

And then the second move would be summoning a minion or something.