[Overland PvE] Picking traits for my Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

First things first: Like it says in the title, it’s an overland PvE build. I’m doing stuff alone most of the time, so I don’t care all that much about helping allies with this one. I’m also not very good at the game, and I’m not going to get better. Slow reaction times is something I can’t fix.

I’m currently leveling a necro with a view of making it a power Spite/Soul Reaping/Reaper with Valkyrie armor and Berserker/Valkyrie trinkets, and I could use some perspective regarding trait choices I just can’t make my mind up on.

Bitter Chill vs. Spiteful Talisman

I’m planning to run D/F as my primary set, so Spiteful Talisman looks rather useful. PvE mobs rarely have any boons, so that 5% would be active most of the time as well. Bitter Chill is, however, also an attractive option, especially if I take Decimate Defenses in the Reaper line (which I’m also not 100% certain of).

Soul Marks vs. Unyielding Blast

Soul Marks looks like a better deal, but I’m not planning to use staff in my usual rotation. I’ll keep it for bosses and other cases when range is necessary, but other than that I’ll stick to D/F. Unyielding Blast could help in keeping up max Vulnerability (especially if I end up taking Bitter Chill).

Decimate Defenses vs. Chilling Victory

I’m leaning heavily towards DD, but since I need survivability in tougher zones (as I’m running alone most of the time), I’ll probably take Blighter’s Boon as the GM trait, so extra might can be useful for more healing in shroud and more LF generation outside of it.

Thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: schmu.4630

schmu.4630

Hi, with the information u gave us i can recommend these builds:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR4djM0QLNWTDO2A7NWwFMorWAoFMVEaCVh4r4XcMC-TBSBABPcRAua/BKVhZRlgYp8DgnAglqPgnuBSBExwK-e

high critical because we stack vulnerability with the tons of chills, compensating for the use of valkyrie..
also 25% movement from blood magic trait

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhQD7khGopGsrGwbTg9GsMNYTPgLQFI+DmCfhSDgCQAA-ThRBABXt/o8jS1fMTJIe6Ge4iAAwTAgUARMsC-e

minion open world build.. highest survivability ingame..no need to get vitality/toughness, therefore full berserker gear and the easiest to play build i can imagine regarding slow reaction time etc.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhQD7kZTocTsbTwdTg9GsgLYxVxv4YcqI0EWCQXtAQLA-ThRBABUq+jZKBxT3wDXEgr2fU+BwTAgUARMsC-e

shout reaper.. great for aoe, can swap a shout for signet of spite
high critical..good crowd control..

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbdG2JzmQ5mYLNglNA7NYpWwg6aBgZA1YYOUti7ijx1IA-ThRBABmpEkS1fwT/AAPBgr2fU+9wJBgUARMsC-e

reapers shroud build.. almost 100% crit in shroud, axe+wh/focus for fastest burst lifeforce generation and the “unholy fervor” trait that gives u 10% dmg even in shroud..
good might thanks to chilling victory..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

1) for D/F, Spiteful Talisman

2) I like UB more.

3) DD is one of the best skills imo. And really even with full zerker, you won’t have much issue surviving. Things just die so fast.

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Decimate Defenses allows you to use Valkyrie armor and Berserker+Valkyrie trinkets for some additional vitality with no lose of crit chance (you stack so much Vuln that getting the full 50% bonus to crit chance is cake). The first build that schmu listed shows you the trait/equipment setup I’m currently using on mine (though I went with Rage runes for more fury uptime, and Strength sigil instead of air for more might). I have a different setup for skills but not by much.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Man, I feel squishy in HoT even with Valkyrie armor. I’ll have to invest in Toughness. Yes, l2p, l2p. Playing soldier medi guard ruined my perception of sustain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I play full zerk necro in the HoT zones with no problems. Just need to get used to it. ^^

[qT] Necro main.