POWER VS CONDITION?

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: BandAid.9720

BandAid.9720

Hi all, back on my necro after a 1year+break
Just looking for advice, I’m torn between condition or power build, I only play spvp and king of the hill type arenas, what would be the best way to go in this situation?
Thanks.

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Ranger!

……………..or condi.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Trybil.1567

Trybil.1567

I have tried many classes, and both power and condi necro. I keep coming back to power necro – it is just the most fun. Yes you do die a lot but pounding your opponent 5K per hit in DS is just too satisfying for me.

(edited by Trybil.1567)

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Why not both? Hybrid necros can be very surprising
Take a look at my signature and see for youself!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Well in general condi is more viable. Power offers some insane burst, but it’s also a lot easier to take down.

Most necs are currently running this build in pvp.

And no, you’re not in WvW, you shouldn’t really run hybrid necs in rated play :P But they are good for 1v1 servers.

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Well in general condi is more viable. Power offers some insane burst, but it’s also a lot easier to take down.

Most necs are currently running this build in pvp.

And no, you’re not in WvW, you shouldn’t really run hybrid necs in rated play :P But they are good for 1v1 servers.

You shouldn’t run necromancer in general in rated PvP, but people still do it :P
Give it a shot, who cares what you can/can’t run

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: BandAid.9720

BandAid.9720

I’m very surprised how freaking strong necros are,
I’m playing a power build with wells
The burst on f1 is pretty insane.

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If you want to compete on the “duelling” servers – 1v1s on beach etc. I will tell you couple things:

1. You will mostly run into Mesmers, Thieves and Elementalists these days (in that order). It means that you’ll have to be ready to lockdown and burst.

2. Don’t be afraid of using Wurm teleport early on. In fact, you’ll want to use it mostly to prevent the incoming damage rather than stunbreak.

3. I don’t play without Spectral Armor. I repeat myself, don’t be afraid of using it outside of stunbreaking. Remember you have second one once you drop below 50%, so make sure to use this utility to prevent some damage before you get low.

4. Mentioned professions have very high defense and evasion, but are vulnerable to any kind of immobilize.

As for Power or Condi – personal preference. I play Power, but my gameplay is quite different from many others. If you want to just begin, go Condi.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

witcher.3197

Btw making a build for 1v1 servers achieves nothing. You won’t learn to use your conquest build, which is a problem because that’s the only gamemode, plus you won’t learn how to teamfight and position yourself. People often swap utilities and adjust traits based on their next opponent, that’s another thing you can’t do in rated. If you want to improve, then at least use your tournament build and don’t change anything – makes it a lot harder but that’s how you improve.

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: kwstyle.9148

kwstyle.9148

If you are going for a power build I suggest running 3 stunbreakers with wurm teleport. Spectral Walk for stunbreak and speed Flesh Wurm for port spectral armor for protection and life force to tank more or to escaping for being the target so you can stay alive. But in Spvp it will still depends on what your opponents are and what your team is running. But just make sure you survive every fight and avoid going down. But the downside is going for power means that the current rangers are going to burst you down very fast from range.

Conditions is still good but also for conditions it really depends on the team that you are in and the opponents too.

So I can’t give you a clear answer what you can play but I suggest you to go with the build you like to play and just have fun

Making GW2 videos on YouTube.com/VGRyusai and Streaming on Twitch.tv/VGRyusai

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: July.5361

July.5361

For me personally power is more fun, but useless outside of well organised strong teams. It’s very hard to survive against good groups and you become the weak spot in the chain. Terror feels much more viable and with much less counter builds.

You should try both to see what fits you best.

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Altogether, both builds are fun. Power on one hand can be alright in solo ques or anytime you want to mess in hotjoin or go into duel arenas. Condi though can be used effectively on all levels, including higher tier play in team ques and even tourneys if you want to get competative since current condi necro meta is the best 1v1 class making it a great side node fighter primarily two point rotating. It also counters the extensive celestial boon frenzy meta consisting of eles and engis and keeps guards in line as well.
Only issue is that currently like ranger, it’s ability to be played at the highest level is difficult with a high skill cap so it essentially comes down to the players skill.

Säïnt

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

witcher.3197

current condi necro meta is the best 1v1 class making it a great side node fighter

It’s pretty far from that. Many specs are able to 1v1 a nec, unless he is extremely good and the enemy makes mistakes. And a nec should avoid standing on the point whenever it’s possible.

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

SaintSnow.6593

I’m talking from experience and basing it off top tier players, necro can win all 1v1s. Eles are tip class as well but on an equal level of skill, eles will lose to necro and of course necro is always > engi. I’m also talking about side node fights where it’s usually 1v1 so being on the node is fine not large mid fights or group fights in gereral

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/SPVP-Tier-List
If you scroll through there and read posts from top players on there you will notice that they all agree on this subject.

Säïnt

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I very much doubt that Condi Necro is best 1v1. Power Necro does better, but you can rarely see a good one.

Outside of duelling on beach with rules, I’d say that Engineer is the best 1v1 profession followed by D/D ele and Mesmer.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

SaintSnow.6593

I’m specifically speaking from a team que perspective in pvp. Even spvp as a whole. And like I’ve stated before from a high tier of players.
I.e. Condi terrormancer meta build

Säïnt

POWER VS CONDITION?

in Necromancer

witcher.3197

I’m specifically speaking from a team que perspective in pvp. Even spvp as a whole. And like I’ve stated before from a high tier of players.
I.e. Condi terrormancer meta build

Even they said that you have to be really really good to take some of the 1v1 matchups and only some necs per region can pull it off. But being good at 1v1s and fighting on a point are 2 different things – you can beat warriors on nec but if they use berserker stance you better leave the point for a while. There are many specs that just do the side-node / 1v1 role better and those players don’ t have to be extremely good to succeed.