PSA: Flesh Golem is awesome now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

If you’re like me and gave up on Flesh Golem as an elite outside of a Minion Master build, then give it a try again. The 95% AOE reduction has made them remarkably durable even in non Minion Master builds. The AOE damage reduction applies to cleave as well so that little guy just keeps on truckin and your knockdown/interrupt is available almost all the time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

The best thing about it is the charge, that thing absolutely decimates break bars.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I was using it in preparation for CttB.

I got CttB.

I kept using Golem.

It does so much work on the new content.

in Necromancer

Dristig.9678

I was using it in preparation for CttB.

I got CttB.

I kept using Golem.

It does so much work on the new content.

Same. I cannot express enough how far the 2 recent general changes have improved it.

1) 95% AOE damage reduction INCLUDING CLEAVE!

2) Minions don’t disappear during shroud usage!

If you are reading this and haven’t put it on your bar for just running around the new areas, try it immediately.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Logomyego.4068

Logomyego.4068

How about AI, has that been fixed at all?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Flesh Golem has, on many, many occasions, outlived entire zergs in Mad King Lab farming. Its pretty common for a ton of people to die, and then the few level 80s are left trying to take down the boss, and Fleshie is right there slashing away with us until he gets focused (and still takes a solid few hits due to really high base HP/armor).

I think people forgot that he has base stats similar to a Warrior (22k HP base in PvE, with heavy armor), so with basically no AoE taken he can face tank pretty well.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I was so used to running a minion-less Death Shroud build these last few months, that I completely forgot about the Flesh Golem. Started using it yesterday and wow is it effective! Also, it’s a lot of fun watching it plow through enemies as it charges.

Which also means it will be nerfed soon because necromancer. </sarcasm>

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xecil.2798

Xecil.2798

Am I the only one here that is so shallow that I hate using it just because it’s so kitten ugly?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

It’s amusing to watch the golem lay people out. And, as a necro the limited access to good “anti break bar” skills make me pleasantly surprised when I see a chunk taken out by the golem’s active skill. “Did I do that?”

in Necromancer

Dristig.9678

Am I the only one here that is so shallow that I hate using it just because it’s so kitten ugly?

That’s the best part if you just keep it out while running around it gets eaten alive by pocket raptors as a punishment for its ugliness. Also it is sort of slow so you don’t have to look at it. :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

It looks pretty kitten ugly, but alas.. I found a need for it at the jungle. Not too happy about that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mattmd.8162

mattmd.8162

I’m running minions while I unlock reaper. I use the talent that stacks toughness with more minions. Now even those little bone fiends that explode survive boss fights. On top of that I’m just about unkillable as long as flesh golem is up. I run staff alt so if run into trouble I can root with shadowfiend, run out and trap up while gaining back shroud to jump back in.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aithnea.5671

Aithnea.5671

It still can’t swim.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Does charge proc the cond transfer trait?

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

That’s the best part if you just keep it out while running around it gets eaten alive by pocket raptors as a punishment for its ugliness. Also it is sort of slow so you don’t have to look at it. :P

I just privately named my golem Hotdogs and presume that his sheer ugliness is part of his charm. He woks three times as hard for you because he knows he’s ugly, but he’s got a heart of gold in there. Or at least someone’s heart of gold. Maybe more. Depends on construction, I guess.

And yes, it’s a darn useful elite in HoT. Hotdogs really pulled through for me in many a tight situation.