PVE Power and Support build

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Alternate Build#2 (current):

Alternate Build #1:

Original Build:

I like to do PVE events, mostly in Orr, and as much as it can sometimes be a race to burn down one champ so the zerg can move to the next, its also nice to see the teamwork and camaraderie that does often occur. So, this build tries to straddle the selfishness of the necro with offering some team help with regen, protection, ability to tank, and assist with rezzes. It is also inexpensive.

This build was inspired by Anchoku’s shaman build. But my build has a decent amount of power (2488 w/food buffs), high health (26,472), high healing power (1,117) and high toughness (1,799). Crit chance is what gets sacrificed. So it’s no ZOMGDPS build, but it offers nice support while easily attaining gold in events. Solo, its so tanky it is a bit boring unless you round up at least 3-4 npcs at once.

It is staff & axe/dagger, using Soldier/Cleric stat combos with shaman crests and 2 Runes of Mercy (for extra toughness when rezzing).

Variations/comments:

• I often run CC instead of WoB
  • Locust Signet gets swapped out depending on the fight: Epidemic, Pain Inverter (Asuran), Flesh Wurm, Well of Darkness.
  • Runes of Mercy & Shaman Crests on armor could be swapped for Exuberance Runes
  • Could use Signet Mastery instead of Spiteful Spirit, especially if using Signet of Undeath or Plague.
  • I didn’t think Transfusion was worth it (only ~500 heal every 40 sec.), but could swap for Bloodthirst, although Mark of Evasion seems a better choice.
  • Could certainly drop Death Into Life minor trait for the GM trait in Death and then take Greater Marks; the Power/Healing tradeoffs are pretty minimal.

Edit 8/13 – Added Alternate Build #1
Edit 8/17 – Added Alternate Build #2

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

(edited by TheAgedGnome.7520)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I cant. I literally just can’t even right now.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

NeXeD, are you a white girl? #ICantEven ?

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Gnome it’s a nice build but necro really isn’t the best choice for support. It’s nice and offers some things to the group but guardians can do te same. If I run a support build it’s probably a 6/2/00/6 so I can kill kitten ASAP.
Jk… I like to go 0/3/5/0/6 so I can stay in DS more while giving almost perma 25 stacks of vuln with LB, focus, well and vuln in DS. While I do this i do decent damage with ~2000 power. But really, I feel more usefull with my zerker gear on.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Gnome it’s a nice build but necro really isn’t the best choice for support. It’s nice and offers some things to the group but guardians can do te same. If I run a support build it’s probably a 6/2/00/6 so I can kill kitten ASAP.
Jk… I like to go 0/3/5/0/6 so I can stay in DS more while giving almost perma 25 stacks of vuln with LB, focus, well and vuln in DS. While I do this i do decent damage with ~2000 power. But really, I feel more usefull with my zerker gear on.

Yep, I agree that necro isn’t the best for support, but I thought it’d make an interesting challenge for myself.

Your DS/vuln build is certainly an option, although I often find vuln in the same boat as bleeds: the mob is already at or near 25 stacks, so its back to the condi cap issue.

It brings up the question: what does “support” mean?

If the best support a necro can offer is full-tilt DPS, then a necro isn’t much good since we are weak in that department (according to about half the threads on this forum).

If support is debuffs, then we also fall short, not so much due to our class but due to the condi cap.

If support is AoE buffs to teammates, then we are apparently weaker than most (or all?) other classes.

But I think we can bring some mixture of these things to the abilities to the fight. It’s just that hybridizing like that inevitably results in being sub-optimal in multiple abilities (otherwise, we’d be OP).

Yea, my build isn’t anything supreme or earth-shattering, but I like the flexibility to be able to hang back and offer regen, rezzing and protection where/when needed, or to run into the middle of the pack and soak up aggro and damage. Keeps things interesting.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

NeXeD, are you a white girl? #ICantEven ?

i can be whatever you want.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Necro can draw aggro and tank quickly and easily; especially with cleric’s armor from its toughness. It can also tag everything in a large area while flipping poison. Let’s see guard draw that much hate.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAW4Yjk00TbLNO2whbCdBRydrm84UIFA-TRRBABaq+DSK/ge/BAeAAzqEEA-e

For Grenth and Balthazar, not minding the NPCs = fail.

PS: Jonez watch is pretty easy – drop everything ASAP, then go to DS and transfuse. If there are any spiders left, suck it up.

Mark of Blood starts and proc’s on spider spawning. Follow with WoS, WoP, Chillblains, Putrid Mark, Reapers Mark, WoB, DS->Life Transfer, Tainted Shackles, rinse and repeat. The AoE does not do a lot of damage individually but it does do a lot in total and grabs aggro. WoP fixes the poison problem and WoB and transfusion dumps healing into Jonez along with Mark of Blood’s regen. By then, the zerg should have noticed there are spiders in the area and can help dps the veteran down.

The elite skills do not keep Jonez alive. I use Lich only for the priest fight before Jonez goes all studious on us.

The armor is just to make sure I don’t go down and leave Jonez undefended. It could be more aggressive depending on how alone I am feeling. Most players chase after the champs, then wonder why the event failed if Jonez is left alone too long.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)