Pack Runes and MM

Pack Runes and MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hello,
I’ve been looking on new runesets and one particular set got me interested.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Pack

Wouldn’t that be awesome for MM in pvp? Most are tanky anyways so you can take a hit, but 1/2 uptime on fury for all your minions would greatly make up for the damage loss and even boost it + swiftness for more mobility, longer swiftness from Locust Swarm and some extra might when you still get some neat damage stats.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Pack Runes and MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It’d be more than 50% uptime, actually, it should be 65% because of death magic’s boon duration.

Anyway, its a great idea, I’ll try it out later. Assuming it is actually base 10 seconds that seems really strong.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Pack Runes and MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

Like i have stated in the rune thread, pack is awesome for MM.
Fury should set minion crit chance to around 24% (4% base as the occasional crit from minions without fury suggests) which greatly impacts sustained damage through flesh golem and burst potential through bone minion putrid explosion.
I did some quick testing yesterday with a ranger buddy (warhorn and extra fury duration runes + boon dur traits on him) and tested fleshy on a heavy mist golem.
In 3 cycles i got:
16 hits – 0 crit
15 hits – 3 crit
14 hits – 4 or 5 crit (not sure anymore)

Tests were done b/c i was unsure if they changed something about minion crits. Didn’t notice them too much with pack.

For crit damage, they seem to be 150%. Flesh golem for example did a 2,5k hit against heavy golem (2.6k armor i think) with improved minion damage and on the 3rd hit of his chain and i had a bone minion putrid crit for around 3.2k against a lord warrior npc (around 2k+ noncrit).

Also i kinda like knight amulett for a more offensive MM with wurm and warhorn for some mobility. Is worse 1v1 against some builds though.

(edited by Bellamy.9860)

Pack Runes and MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alucard.6015

Alucard.6015

Does rune of the ranger work like this? Does it consider a minion a pet? If so, would the +7% damage stack for each minion?

Superior
+25 Precision +35 Ferocity +50 Precision +65 Ferocity +100 Precision +7% damage while you have an active companion

Pack Runes and MM

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yes minions count, no it doesn’t stack.

My PvP Minion Build

Pack Runes and MM

in Necromancer

Alucard.6015

Lame, lol. Would be nice, prolly OP then.

Pack Runes and MM

in Necromancer

Alucard.6015

Does each minion do +7% or does it only make my char do +7%?

The damage bonus for six superior runes applies for any summoned pet, such as Glyph of Elementals or Sigil of Demon Summoning, but not for illusions.

(edited by Alucard.6015)

Pack Runes and MM

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

No such bonuses apply to minions. The only things that apply to minions are things that specifically say they do, show up on the minion’s health bar (boons, buffs), or shows up as a debuff on the enemy (vuln).

My PvP Minion Build