Parasitic bond FIXED?

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: pmargeti.7680

pmargeti.7680

Check it out for yourselves, I get a 1020 heal on killing something. It does seem to have some internal cooldown (10 seconds? needs further testing).

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: OmegaProject.9831

OmegaProject.9831

I can confirm that Parastic Bond works for the following in the Mists: Svanir, Chieftain, and random Guild Lord guards. I was healed for ~970 (92 Healing Power). I have no information regarding ICD. Great catch pmargeti!

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mojo.8431

Mojo.8431

killing a risen in cursed shores healed me for ~1030 (498 healing power)

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

Wow. This WHOLE time, I thought it gave us Life Force, and thought, well kitten, we already get life force when things die =\

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mojo.8431

Mojo.8431

heh, wording might give you that impression, it’s actually similar to the GW1 Parasitic Bond which was also for healing yourself

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

1000 at 400 HP? Meh…

Then again, it is a 5 point minor trait…

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

1000 at 400 HP? Meh…

Well its also ~970 at under 100 HP, so HP isn’t really doing much and its still probably over 950 for 0 HP.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Next

As an FYI: Parasitic Bond now has a 5 second internal cooldown along with its increased healing potential. We’ll put that in the description in the future.

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Hey Karl, do “on kill” effects (i.e. Parasitic Bond) only trigger if you get the killing blow on something? Or do you just need to tag the mob or enemy? I’m at work, otherwise I’d go test this myself.

Thanks for the post/info, btw.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoke.2147

Zoke.2147

wow this is pretty decent help for PvE in general, means pretty little for PvP but I guess it helps.

And is there any news on when can we expect internal cooldowns to be reflected in tooltips… I can look most up on GW2 wiki by now but i’d like to not have to alt tab out of Guild wars just to see if a trait is anywhere near as good as it sounds.

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Next

You just need to tag the mob from what I’ve experienced, Lettucemode.
Zoke, we’d like to be able to include things like internal cooldowns within tooltips at some point in the future.

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoke.2147

Zoke.2147

Zoke, we’d like to be able to include things like internal cooldowns within tooltips at some point in the future.

ty ty, Can’t wait to go back to screenshots from now a year from now and reminisce about how far the game has come

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

Someone take a screenshot. This is first time we’ve had a red answer! :O

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Nop, Dev come here from time to time.

Pretty sure Karl Mclain is also playing a Necro in PvP.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

We’re always reading the forums, even if we don’t have the time to respond.
Chap (Jonathan Sharp) and I play every profession in PvP. We have multiple of each profession type and play each of them regularly. My necromancers do have several hundred games since launch.

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

Chap (Jonathan Sharp) and I play every profession in PvP. We have multiple of each profession type and play each of them regularly. My necromancers do have several hundred games since launch.

Hai, when you guys gonna buff axe?

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

Two things:
As an xmas gift can you show us your sPvP games played per profession pie chart? just out of curiosity.

Secondly, now that PB is fixed, can we remove it? Its a bit pointless isn’t it? If you kill a mob in PvE you’re likely going to be out of combat. If you are fighting several mobs the 1k hp hardly matters especially when there is a cooldown, you can’t even ‘spike heal’ from killing a group of enemies. At least give us a weaker version of ‘lose a condition when killing an enemy’

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

Great to hear that the devs are reading and listening! Keep up the good work guys

Papaganoosh (SPvP Officer, The Unnamed EU)

http://www.the-unnamed.com/spvpapp – recruiting skilled players for TPvP

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Serenseven.4657

Serenseven.4657

Secondly, now that PB is fixed, can we remove it? Its a bit pointless isn’t it? If you kill a mob in PvE you’re likely going to be out of combat. If you are fighting several mobs the 1k hp hardly matters especially when there is a cooldown, you can’t even ‘spike heal’ from killing a group of enemies. At least give us a weaker version of ‘lose a condition when killing an enemy’

I’d take Parasitic Bond’s 1k heal over Reanimator’s jagged kitten any day.

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

I’d take Parasitic Bond’s 1k heal over Reanimator’s jagged kitten any day.

They’re both equally crap.

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Secondly, now that PB is fixed, can we remove it?

I lol’d. And completely agree.

I would love to see a Parasitic bond that is more like the GW1-version: you curse a target and when
a) it dies
b) the curse runs out
c) the curse gets removed
you get health.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

Even though I don’t play Necro, I’d like to say this is a nice thread

good to see you guys are getting some much needed help

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fazzi.4876

Fazzi.4876

Secondly, now that PB is fixed, can we remove it?

I lol’d. And completely agree.

I would love to see a Parasitic bond that is more like the GW1-version: you curse a target and when
a) it dies
b) the curse runs out
c) the curse gets removed
you get health.

that would be awesome, but to keep it in line with how the necro of GW2 works it would have to

a)do almost no damage
b)last 3 seconds
c)claim to heal you when removed but not actually do it

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Why do I like you so much better than Jonathan Sharp >.>

I appreciate the informative response. Glad to know the internal cd is 5s. : )

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

1000 at 400 HP? Meh…

Well its also ~970 at under 100 HP, so HP isn’t really doing much and its still probably over 950 for 0 HP.

And that may be my biggest issue with the game right now. While i can somewhat understand it for sPVP, in PVE the all or nothing nature of healing power means you can’t splash a bit of HP into your build for better survivability.

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Hopefully this will include things like exact numbers on the vampiric traits.

Parasitic bond FIXED?

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

May want to take some spins around PVE as well (not just WvW), as what works in sPVP may not work at all in PVE…