Patch Notes

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ashur.6403

Ashur.6403

We did it boys (and girls)!

Plague: This skill no longer inflicts bleeding every second while it is active. Instead, it inflicts 10 seconds of bleeding when it is first activated. When traited with Master of Corruption, it inflicts 4 seconds of poison.
Consume Conditions: Lowered the number of self-applied vulnerability stacks from 10 to 5.

I’d still prefer the prepatch version, but this should help. On a side note I’m going to miss my perfect world 35s of vigor from Well of Power/Plague combo.

Chilling Darkness: Added a 5-second internal cooldown to this trait.

What.

Dark Lord Sutekh – Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Ashur.6403)

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Why would they nerf chilling darkness?

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

So I don’t quite understand the Chilling Darkness nerf. Doesn’t that take away all the synergy of well of darkness? Not even per target? I didn’t know this was a pressing issue.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Evenna.2519

Evenna.2519

I am so confused by the Chill nerf..

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Chill is now a stackable condition. Without an ICD on Chilling Darkness, Locust Swarm and Well Of Darkness could easily put multiple stacks on someone. LS bounces and WOD pulses.

Not that I’m in favor of nerfs but I can’t say this is much of a nerf, if at all. We have tons of ways to access Chill, more so than anyone else. We shouldn’t be very concerned about this IMO.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

WTF —-> chill max stack to 5

Movement skills not affected by chill now this , is reaper at the end even going to apply chill ?

I’m just wondering if next patch will say : “Reaper Denied”.

(edited by Abimes.9726)

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

These changes are actually bad. Still a heal on a 30 second cool down with a 1.25 second cast which gives you a condition. This is their fix and it means necro is screwed in terms of heals for the foreseeable future.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Chill condition now stacks to a maximum of 5.

y u do dis?

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

did any1 use chilling darkness before this
I know i didnt but know i know i never will

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

i keep telling you guys Anet don’t have a kittening clue how to fix Necros. too busy fumbling around in the dark and we end up with this kitten. give a lil’ something so they can say hey we did something without realizing that actual issues that still remain unaddressed; why nerf Corruptions just to then force us to get a kittenty trait to make the skills close to what they were prior to the nerf? Corruptions DO NOT need any self inflicted condition as they are NOT strong enough on their own. any other profession with those skills would not have a self-inflicted condition. hell look at Quickening Zephyr and the Warrior quickness utility, they now do not have any self inflicted states, so wtf Anet? this kitten needs to stop Robert and Jon, just stop it.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arche.7326

Arche.7326

Once again, it is Anet is doing the balance tango, but this time it is one step forward and two backwards.

Gee, thanks, you let the reaper out of the basement.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: velocity.4621

velocity.4621

Corruptions DO NOT need any self inflicted condition as they are NOT strong enough on their own. any other profession with those skills would not have a self-inflicted condition.

this, i would more appreciate if it’s more powerful…

Life will be easier if guardian have 25% passive movement speed.

Raavaholic | [MM] Metro Mini Transformers Founder & Leader | SEA |

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

did any1 use chilling darkness before this
I know i didnt but know i know i never will

I did for my cele build…but Lesser SoV and Spiteful Renewal are still not fixed.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Chill is now a stackable condition. Without an ICD on Chilling Darkness, Locust Swarm and Well Of Darkness could easily put multiple stacks on someone. LS bounces and WOD pulses.

Not that I’m in favor of nerfs but I can’t say this is much of a nerf, if at all. We have tons of ways to access Chill, more so than anyone else. We shouldn’t be very concerned about this IMO.

Why do you keep saying this stuff? Chill always stacked in duration… All this did was limit it in ways it didn’t need nerfed, as the crap still gets cleared and will be converted to Resistance. What you’re describing as “could happen” is what happened since forever and the trait and Well of Darkness were still rarely used and complained about as too weak.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Plague: This skill no longer inflicts bleeding every second while it is active. Instead, it inflicts 10 seconds of bleeding when it is first activated. When traited with Master of Corruption, it inflicts 4 seconds of poison.
Mark of Evasion: This trait now only activates if you are in combat.
Consume Conditions: Lowered the number of self-applied vulnerability stacks from 10 to 5.

Thank you Arenanet – a bit better. Mark of Evasion – much better.

I still won’t touch Master of Corruption though because of the blind on heal.

I don’t see the sense of this – the main uses for it were pulsing chill in Plague and Well of Darkness in WvW (/sPvP?).

This change now means that 1 person will get chilled every 5 seconds instead of 5 people being chilled every pulse.

If you’re doing this to balance Reaper then I think you need to rethink your design a bit because you’ve basically nerfed the proverbial out of WvW builds built around this trait.

(edited by dzeRnumbrd.6129)

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Why do you keep saying this stuff? Chill always stacked in duration… All this did was limit it in ways it didn’t need nerfed, as the crap still gets cleared and will be converted to Resistance. What you’re describing as “could happen” is what happened since forever and the trait and Well of Darkness were still rarely used and complained about as too weak.

Get over it or get out, lol.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Get over it or get out, lol.

Good one. “I’m wrong and have nothing else to say, so I’ll just be snarky.” That makes you look better.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Chilling Darkness nerf is so moronic I can’t even begin to describe how stupid you would have to be to think it was warranted.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Every single time I’m starting to think they understand something about the class they prove that they actually don’t. I won’t ever fall to that again. (Until next patch notes)

I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

The favoritism by these devs makes me want to take a kitten.

Anet devs I have no respect for you at all. Your so bloody biased I can’t get even begin to understand your alien low brow thinking. Clearly you want your fav classes to succeed. Stop living, playing, and testing in a vaccuum.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

The favoritism by these devs makes me want to take a kitten.

I’ve basically quit (again…) until HoT hits and I can try to make reaper salvageable. I can’t stand watching things like these while burning and Mesmers, and for the most part, Ele are left alone, then they do something like this. I just have no care anymore, they have no idea what the hell they’re even doing.

Not to mention the forum moderators on here being complete kitten. I just don’t care anymore.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Already posted in a another thread about these changes, overall, nothing major. Couple of small unjustified nerfs, but nothing big. Think someone at anet got angry that necros wouldn’t be able to kill themselves anymore so decided to nerf chill a tiny bit and chilling darkness.

Happy about the plague and CC changes though, thank god!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Plague – so the change announced by Karl has arrived, that’s good. It’s useable by Condition buils leftovers, now.

Consume Conditions – It’s nice that they have reduced number of Vulnerability, however, imo it is the Cooldown and Blind (with MoC) that hurt this heal way more.

Mark of Evasion – ok, ty.

Chill stacking in duration up to 5 times – legitimate nerf to that Reaper’s Master trait stacking chills, Frost aura and Ice Field. Yeah, that was aimed at Reaper. Turns out they believe we are to powerful on their internal Test servers. Now I’m just waiting for Blighter’s Boon nerf so I can shelve Reaper.

Chilling Darkness – thanks for making choice in Curses Adept tier easier than before. I’ll update my support build later and remove this alternative. Also, nerf to Plague and Well of Darkness can now enter the tier reserved for Signet of Undeath.

I’m just sorry for the viewer that posted a build utilizing Chilling Darkness yesterday on my stream. I guess it lost it’s main value.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

so i was looking into how chill stacked
you can still maintain perma chill on some1 however bursting chill on one person with will make it ineffective
lets say you apply 5 stack of chill each for 50 seconds he will be chilled for 250 second you will be able to apply 1 more stack after 50 seconds when the first stack of chill wears off

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lol, wow… I’m not sure why I never saw it before but for some reason I’m realizing how many people treat this game like something more than what it is. The WvW forums crying about the golem event combined with the complaints here woke me up I guess.

If you’re not having fun why are you playing? Why are you subjecting yourself to something you dislike? This is a video game designed for entertainment. If you don’t like it, do something else. Make all the streams and threads you want about the things you dislike and claim “Anet really does listen to us!” when they finally make a change, years down the road, that you suggested. Quite honestly, I think it’s the community that’s out of touch not ANet.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

How many ticks of the Chill were you guys getting from WoD before anyway? The nerf makes absolutely no sense, since short-duration chill stacks seem to drop off and allow others anyway.

But are we just getting up in arms to get up in arms? Maybe being able to constantly tick Blind and Chill together in Plague form was something they didn’t want in the game anymore? If anything I’m surprised it took this long, because that combo is intensely strong. Even if it isn’t being actively complained about.

I’d wager a guess and say that change has been in their backlog and just surfaced at a seemingly weird time.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Lol, wow… I’m not sure why I never saw it before but for some reason I’m realizing how many people treat this game like something more than what it is. The WvW forums crying about the golem event combined with the complaints here woke me up I guess.

If you’re not having fun why are you playing? Why are you subjecting yourself to something you dislike? This is a video game designed for entertainment. If you don’t like it, do something else. Make all the streams and threads you want about the things you dislike and claim “Anet really does listen to us!” when they finally make a change, years down the road, that you suggested. Quite honestly, I think it’s the community that’s out of touch not ANet.

It’s like people who make it to Senior year and drop out. The game itself, the combat system, is unmatched, as is their PVP system for creating a balanced and competitive groundwork.

Then they go and make everything proc based, nerf the weakest classes, leave the top dogs alone among other really silly things.

We support them because we know they can do it, and they have a ground work no other game really does. Yet they keep being lazy and doing blatantly stupid things, in which many of us can’t wrap out heads around. Yes, it’s a game, but when you invest this much time into something, it’d be nice if the developers did their jobs.

Try to convince anyone that chill stacking was somehow more important that burn damage, elementalist balance and mesmers… Then we’ll talk. They get paid for this stuff, someone needs to step up and stop babying a few classes and kicking the classes that are already down. Many of us have put up with it for a pretty significant amount of time.

Sure, there’s the answer of “just quit”. But I don’t think that’s what they want, and it certainly isn’t how loyalty works. Sometimes you have to have some tough love to kick someones’ kitten in gear and make them open their eyes.

Last little note, if you don’t like how the forums are, just stop posted and reading it. ~ Your own logic.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I actually liked the Chilling Darkness trait. It was really useful in WvW and was the only trait that made Curses appeal to me in a zerg build. Plague and Well of Darkness were both pretty good with it. I guess Plague might still be worth taking without that trait, but Well of Darkness is completely out of the question now.

Now that they have nerfed this trait into oblivion, maybe they can cut the cooldown of Well of Darkness in half. Knowing Anet they won’t, but they should. This trait was the only thing that made that skill remotely powerful.

[qT] Necro main.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Mostly little bug fixes. I am eager to try Dhuumfire to see how much damage is no longer missing. Chill stacking limit was an interesting change and I suspect Rym is right.

Continuing the speculation, i wonder if the damage miscalculation on Dhuumfire represented chill damage.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Why is everybody so salty about a trait that almost nobody ever used? It’s not like necro even has that much blind. I guess you could get a lot of chill from plague and well of darkness. So what does that really acomplish except maybe kitten people off cuz they walk too slow?

The real issue is obviously the whole heal nerf. They nerfed an already bad heal, and now they ever so slightly reduced the nerf. It’s still in a much worse state than pre-patch you know that right?

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Why is everybody so salty about a trait that almost nobody ever used? It’s not like necro even has that much blind. I guess you could get a lot of chill from plague and well of darkness. So what does that really acomplish except maybe kitten people off cuz they walk too slow?

The real issue is obviously the whole heal nerf. They nerfed an already bad heal, and now they ever so slightly reduced the nerf. It’s still in a much worse state than pre-patch you know that right?

This

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Evenna.2519

Evenna.2519

This

Actually I am pretty sure that lots of people used this build, the chilling on blind especially in WvW.

I myself was using a chill build in PvP to assume that no one was using it when lots of different builds are actually on the table right now is wrong.

I am not happy that we still get vulnerability when healing either, I just think its wrong to minimize something because you dont use it.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Well of Darkness had uses in WvW zergs.

I honestly hope that it gets reworked. It has generally poor ROI because it is so situational. In PvE, bosses ignore it and you usually do not need it for trash mobs unless you are being overwhelmed by numbers. In PvP you get a blind and maybe a chill or small siphon out of all the pulses.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

We’re salty because it is another stupid change.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I wish some traits were split between Necromancer and the Reaper. They differ too much. So instead of making 1/4 of traits useless because Reaper may use it in some combo wombo, just give each it’s own version.

Mesmer, for example, doesn’t seem to have that problem since Chronomancer is basically an upgrade.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

SpellOfIniquity.1780

We support them because we know they can do it, and they have a ground work no other game really does. Yet they keep being lazy and doing blatantly stupid things, in which many of us can’t wrap out heads around. Yes, it’s a game, but when you invest this much time into something, it’d be nice if the developers did their jobs.

Valid point, and it’s not so much the complaints that I don’t understand, it’s the people that get right upset to the point they sound like they’re being personally attacked that I don’t get. I’m talking about people (and I’ve been guilty of it in the past but have had a bit of an epiphany today) that are saying things like “WTF” and “wow what idiots” or things along those lines. Like… Relax I guess? Complaints are one thing but going all rage-y, I hate you ANet for doing this, is silly to me…

Last little note, if you don’t like how the forums are, just stop posted and reading it. ~ Your own logic.

Because of people like you. I like to have discussions regardless of the fact that I may not be the most pleasant person to discuss things with. And you’ve made good points to which I’m re-evaluating some things I’ve said earlier in the thread.

Being a sociopath and agoraphobic with extreme anxiety, people skills aren’t exactly my forté.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I wish some traits were split between Necromancer and the Reaper. They differ too much. So instead of making 1/4 of traits useless because Reaper may use it in some combo wombo, just give each it’s own version.

Mesmer, for example, doesn’t seem to have that problem since Chronomancer is basically an upgrade.

Agreed, we keep talking about Reaper as if it is another profession but it really is just another trait line.

One thing I am not clear on is whether Reaper will force us to only have 2 lines instead of the normal 3.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I used that trait + Well of Darkness in WvW when raiding with one of my guilds, and I believe a lot of other necros were too.

[qT] Necro main.

Patch Notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: araskell.9018

araskell.9018

Agreed, we keep talking about Reaper as if it is another profession but it really is just another trait line.

One thing I am not clear on is whether Reaper will force us to only have 2 lines instead of the normal 3.

It will be the reaper trait line + 2 other, so you have 3 trait lines equipped, as it is now. Reaper is, as you said, just another trait line to choose from.

Lunas Deathwish | FA WvW – [BOMB]