Path of Corruption - how do you like it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I have argued with a guildie earlier this week about the not-so-new Grandmaster traits and how supposedly all of them are garbage, especially Necromancer traits. I pointed out that Path of Corruption is a nice trait, since both power and terror builds can benefit from it and its actually the only trait aside Transfusion. While I recognised the trait’s potentials (you can corrupt your opponent’s Stability at a faster rate than he can apply to himself etc) I am not yet an expert in PvP, in which we argued about the feasibilty of the traits. Is there any high ranked Necromancer here that can show his/her insight? Is Path of Corruption useful, or only one of the niche traits?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Path of Corruption is flat-out amazing. It’s an extremely short cooldown for a two-boon conversion, meaning you will usually get to use it multiple times per fight. It’s partly so good because Dark Path is so good, though. Both power and condition builds like using Dark Path anyway, and this just gives them even more reason to do so.

That said, in PvE, it’s pretty useless because enemies there so rarely use boons without putting them all back up in 3 seconds (no exaggeration).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

PoC is a short cooldown boon conversion on top of a very good skill.

Each cast can net you:
4% bonus damage from target the weak if it’s 2 new condis.
Major damage reduction if you convert might (kitten runes of strength).
Chill, bleed and positioning from Dark path itself.

Dark Path is a very good skill and PoC turns it into something amazing, especially for MH dagger builds. The shift in power for a few seconds can easily win many encounters.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Path of Corruption is really strong. It makes a huge difference in what a condimancer can do, most specifically in s/tpvp.

Oh and with the huge stacks of might that float around, it becomes even stronger. Nothing like ripping away 20 stacks of might and landing a strong skill on top of it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Do you actually use it over other Curse GM traits? I know that Lingering Curses can just be too good for condition builds, and power builds might not go all the way as they need their traits elsewhere? Do we have someone here with a build and video maybe?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Do you actually use it over other Curse GM traits? I know that Lingering Curses can just be too good for condition builds, and power builds might not go all the way as they need their traits elsewhere? Do we have someone here with a build and video maybe?

If I’m in PvP or WvW? Always. Absolutely always. Lingering Curse is a lot better than people give it credit for, but when enemies are using boons and cleansing, Path of Corruption wins by a landslide.

And nobody uses Withering Precision. It’s just too terrible.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I think every video I have made since the patch has had POC… there are lots of videos on it out there, but mine are not PVP if that is what you are looking for.

Lingering curses was never that good, it only shined when autoattacking with the scepter gave burning, and even then it wasn’t really all that good, it was just way better than weakness on crit.

As for a power build, it is nice for the strip and the flip, but I would still prefer other GM traits over POC in the other trees.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I use it over other GM traits in pvp, hands down.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Guys, is the standard Condition build the pre-dhumfire 0/30/20/0/20 build again, or does anyone run duhmfire anymore?

Guessing from my playstyle, i’d be running a 0/30/20/0/20 condi build with a mix of dire to increase tankiness, as crit does not seem to be necessary as much as long as you can get it up to 30-40% The new DM minor traits, with the new grandmaster trait makes me want to go back to the classic build.

I am so excited to get back to playing… stuck in africa = terrible internet…

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Guys, is the standard Condition build the pre-dhumfire 0/30/20/0/20 build again, or does anyone run duhmfire anymore?

Guessing from my playstyle, i’d be running a 0/30/20/0/20 condi build with a mix of dire to increase tankiness, as crit does not seem to be necessary as much as long as you can get it up to 30-40% The new DM minor traits, with the new grandmaster trait makes me want to go back to the classic build.

I am so excited to get back to playing… stuck in africa = terrible internet…

I still like dumbfire, but I don’t think anyone considers it a must have trait anymore. The 20 30 0 0 20 is more popular as it is more reliable and effective, have more boon removal, and still carries some duration increases.

The DM minors are just okay…. they don’t make you feel any better about going into that tree. Taking those 20 points feels way better today than before, but the boon duration still feels quite wasted.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

Quick question on PoC for those that use it often and will know. I know it does the same boon to conversion as our other converting skills, but does it also use the same priority?(ex: stability last) and also, does it only affect the main target or all targets that are hit by the chill aswell?

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Quick question on PoC for those that use it often and will know. I know it does the same boon to conversion as our other converting skills, but does it also use the same priority?(ex: stability last) and also, does it only affect the main target or all targets that are hit by the chill aswell?

Just main target, not those in aoe chill range, and seems to be the same as boon flip from corrupt boon, IE stability pretty much is always last.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Just main target, not those in aoe chill range, and seems to be the same as boon flip from corrupt boon, IE stability pretty much is always last.

And combining the two in quick succession can have some hilarious results.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jpersson.7368

jpersson.7368

Do you actually use it over other Curse GM traits?

Yes… when in small parties/solo WvW, and there are times I run with 6 point in Curses but with no GM at all.

I for one like the feature patch and what it did to build variety. I’ve found myself de-cheese my builds (usually dire/condition or soldier/wells), I’m trying out a lot of new combinations and I’m having more fun than before.

…and yes — I still run with dhuumfire from time to time. I’m not allowed to play with fire in real life, and it just too much fun to pass it up =)

Relax… nothing is under control

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

…and yes — I still run with dhuumfire from time to time. I’m not allowed to play with fire in real life, and it just too much fun to pass it up =)

Oh hey, that’s the same reason I run minions!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.