PerplexityTerror Reaper?

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: CorvidMP.3105

CorvidMP.3105

So my wife has asked me to help cobble together a condition based Reaper build for her necro to use when HoT hits, mostly just for PvE and the occasional run in world vs world. Short version of what I came with is a Carrion stat based Reaper that uses decimate defenses to get the crit necessary for condi procs (making it hit close to sinister once the vuln stacks get up there), with the usual terror-mancer stuff layered on top , and dhuumfire (because with all that vitality from Carrion camping Reaper shroud makes sense). That bit isn’t really what I need advice on, I know what she likes to use playstyle wise, and as this isn’t her main it hardly need to be super meta.

What I need some opinions on is whether perplexity runes would be worth it. The kitten things are expensive, and while I can see the value of a fear interrupt that condi spikes someone with fear, chill, and confusion, I worry it may be to much of a one trick pony when we can invest in much cheaper runes that give her a much more even boost to her condi out put (like say krait or nightmare). What do you all think?

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

I don’t think Reaper has enough reliable interrupts for it to be worthwhile.

RS3 shatter – 20
RS5 Freeze – 30
Chilled to the Bone – 90
Staff5 – 32
Spectral grasp – 30
Spectral Wall – 45

That’d be a pretty specific build to get all those and they all have long-ish cooldowns.

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Dont turn her into a plexer plz

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Well condi reaper for pve should focus on dhuumfire, so you could do balthazar runes
if you pick terror over Master of corruption you could use nightmare runes for additional condi duration and a terror proc. Mad King Runes are also an option, and scavenger runes (tanky but without additional condi duration).

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

The idea sounds fun. I toyed with the idea of having perplexity runes. But the issue is that the trigger from the interrupt has a long cool down for confusion duration that’ll otherwise be unnoticed.

The condi reaper goes wide with conditions. Your best bet is nightmare or perhaps mad king runes. I wouldn’t even suggest Bathazar runes since you only have 1 source of burning. its a good source but hardly worth the dedication to the rune set.

(edited by Lily.1935)

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Curses, now there’s another rune possibility that sounds like too much fun to put on my necromancer come HoT! =P

I hadn’t thought about Perplexity myself.

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I made a set and played with it last fall, then gave it to my Mesmer. It is fun to play with but the confusion duration is much more effective on Mesmer.

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I don’t think Reaper has enough reliable interrupts for it to be worthwhile.

RS3 shatter – 20
RS5 Freeze – 30
Chilled to the Bone – 90
Staff5 – 32
Spectral grasp – 30
Spectral Wall – 45

That’d be a pretty specific build to get all those and they all have long-ish cooldowns.

You missed the Warhorn Daze. Perplexity only needs a few interrupts to get a good amount of confusion. It would probably be ridiculous in small fights because of the number of damaging conditions available to condi reaper.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Culpa.5012

Lets also not forget that Spectral Wall is an ethereal field and we will have a couple whirl finishers with reaper (GD from GS and SoulSpiral from Shroud). It also gives us access to Chaos Armor using Death’s charge. Lots and lots of cheese

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Lets also not forget that Spectral Wall is an ethereal field and we will have a couple whirl finishers with reaper (GD from GS and SoulSpiral from Shroud). It also gives us access to Chaos Armor using Death’s charge. Lots and lots of cheese

Yeah I cannot wait to encase my Norn in a giant purple bubble!

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Could just go all in and do a full dire + perplex build.

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

PerplexityTerror Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

You only need 2 interrupts for perplex to be viable, which are already included (staff5 ds3).
As far as perplex being more effective on other classes, sure of course. That doesnt mean anything in terms of it working for necro or not.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE