Pets not attacking

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

Been out of game a bit, was curious if this was fixed? Thanks.

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

Search function down?……..No it’s not fixed.

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

Wow. Was it so hard to answer the question w/o being a kitten?

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

As far as anyone’s aware, minion AI has not been improved yet. Here’s hoping next patch! Rangers were promised some big fixes coming soon, I’m hoping improved pet AI will come and bleed over onto us Necromancers as well.

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Here is hoping for Pet AI for all classes to be fixed.

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

since a picture is worth a thousand words ill state my case in a small movie

this should answer all your questions about pet ai ^^

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: riotnrrrd.9582

riotnrrrd.9582

use the pet charge ability thats what i have to do. i useually get sceptor/dagger ready use 0 when targets down i dump 5 then 2, switch back to staff using my oversized marks

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

Welcome to being a necro. Advice: Don’t hold your breath for fixes.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rizach.4852

Rizach.4852

Hm that theif didn’t kill you very fast, they should buff theifs clearly.

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

The pets don’t have a very good AI.

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

The pets have a AI?

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uthar.8967

Uthar.8967

you know i played AoC from the beginning and if i recall the necro pets sucked in that game too. maybe its just a trend

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

in alot of games making ai that can compete with real people is hard if not impossible. the trick might be giving players more control over their pets, but then you have a situation where rangers/necros have to try twice as hard to achieve the same results as other classes. hard to find a balance

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: kinderghast.8501

kinderghast.8501

A simple “Attack Target” command

and

a simple “Stop Attacking and come back to my side and stay there and for kittens sake where are you going now, no come back here and don’t run off and attack anything else either just cause you feel like it. I don’t care if it is a champion. kitten”

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

A simple “Attack Target” command

and

a simple “Stop Attacking and come back to my side and stay there and for kittens sake where are you going now, no come back here and don’t run off and attack anything else either just cause you feel like it. I don’t care if it is a champion. kitten”

ah this is really interesting. if this is the only gripe you have about the pet system it could one day be fixed. i main a ranger and we are more annoyed with our pets being unable to attack moving targets, having a large portion of our potential damage locked away in an ai and lack of finer control.

a necro could have a ‘attack’, ‘return to me’, and a ‘aggressive/passive’ bound to their f2-f4 much like the ranger currently has and it would almost solve the problem. its too bad its easier to say this than code it and add it to the game.

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: kinderghast.8501

kinderghast.8501

There are other issues with the minion system, but even having the option to toggle aggressive/passive would be a huge quality of life improvement.

There is just so many bugs with the minions there is no point using them, except as a gimmick that works 1/10 times you try (exploding them)

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Notoriouz.7029

Notoriouz.7029

It’s np guys, the skill description will be updated to add something a long the lines of “Minion has a 80% chance to kitten and go do its own thing or not do anything at all”

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rebus Sohal.4108

Rebus Sohal.4108

All I ask for is that my minions attack what I am and don’t attack if I am not. More control would be good but this would be good enough.

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Solesaver.8764

Solesaver.8764

use the pet charge ability thats what i have to do. i useually get sceptor/dagger ready use 0 when targets down i dump 5 then 2, switch back to staff using my oversized marks

:P I’ve used the golem’s charge thinking something similar only to have it run up, charge through my target, then run back to the enemy it was working on by itself before I distracted it with my petty commands… :’(

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

The pets have a AI?

Yup, let me quote the A-Net Wiki entry for the “AI” (minion) acronym:
The acronym AI stands for Artificial Idiocy. Your pets and minions will behave erratically and unreliably. An additional feature is that they do often nothing at all.

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

The minions aren’t here to fight your fights for you, they just give you moral support by standing near you and cheering…

Pets not attacking

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

The pets have a AI?

Yup, let me quote the A-Net Wiki entry for the “AI” (minion) acronym:
The acronym AI stands for Artificial Idiocy. Your pets and minions will behave erratically and unreliably. An additional feature is that they do often nothing at all.

Heh, seems Anet has engaged in newspeak…