Phalanx str Reaper?

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erazimoth.5107

Erazimoth.5107

I am not sure why Anet has an aversion to giving the necromancer class some group utility, but I know with my raid group I am forced to sit my reaper for my warrior so I can provide might for the group. While it may not be completely needed to kill the raid bosses, the general feeling is if we bring my reaper and forgo the PS warrior we would be unnecessarily handicapping ourselves.

Again, I am not saying PS warrior is absolutely required, but if you were in a raid group that had a choice between one and a zerker reaper which do you honestly think would be better?

I understand the desire to avoid class homogenization, but giving reaper group might stacking would be easy, wouldn’t break the game any more than PS warrior, and since the stacking requires being in shroud above 50% boss health, it would still maintain a slightly different feel than a PS warrior.

This should also extend to other roles as well. How about at least one other class that can bring alacrity? If you have at least two classes that can fill some raid utility slot doesn’t it make it more about the player and not the class? I could be wrong here, and I know balance between the two classes providing the given utility would have to be tight so as not to make one always better than the other and thus bringing it back to square one. But I for one, would like to not feel bad about bringing my power reaper to our raid leaving us without a PS warrior.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Vuln stacking is a group buff.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Vuln stacking is a group buff.

Very weak one. Basically every class has Vuln stacking in droves. It’s easy to maintain 25 stack of Vuln even in 5 man content.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Why are you forced to do anything? I switched from Revenant to power Necro and we got farther after I did. Now my main team wants me on my necro

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Why are you forced to do anything? I switched from Revenant to power Necro and we got farther after I did. Now my main team wants me on my necro

Lets try to avoid disregarding a valid point by mentioning personal perceptions.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

the reason you bring a PS warrior over a power reaper is that warrior’s dps is much higher.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

the reason you bring a PS warrior over a power reaper is that warrior’s dps is much higher.

not by a long shot.

you bring a PS warrior over Power reaper because banners and EA,

in a raid setting, you want 2 PSEA warrior for each subgroup to make sure all have banners, Empowered allies and the might stacks, Once you have those covered. Reaper is a solid DpS choice, and far better option than a third power warrior. And with the recent changes to Scorched Earth, Its a non issue on the condie front you can bring Either Condie Warrior or Condie reaper.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Necro is not supposed to buff allies but to debuff enemies. That is why I still don’t understand why a-net did not implement a very simple thing: a unique debuff which increases the damage received by the enemies. It would work the very same way (and be as efficient) as some of the damage buff other classes give to allies, but is a debuff so fits the necro theme.

For example:

• blood is power: 25s CD: consume 20% LF and inflict a debuff called “X” on nearby enemies for 10s
  • X: increase by 10% damage and condition damage received

problem solved.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Necro is not supposed to buff allies but to debuff enemies. That is why I still don’t understand why a-net did not implement a very simple thing: a unique debuff which increases the damage received by the enemies. It would work the very same way (and be as efficient) as some of the damage buff other classes give to allies, but is a debuff so fits the necro theme.

For example:

• blood is power: 25s CD: consume 20% LF and inflict a debuff called “X” on nearby enemies for 10s

problem solved.

Good point, you probably nailed the best way to conceal Anet necromancer’s concept with the real necromancer’s issue in game.

However, I’m pretty sure that they won’t introduce this kind of effect to the necromancer because they fear that it could create some imbalance in the game, especially since it would affect an unlimited amount of player while doing large scale fight.

Although (yes I’ll be petty here), LF and blood are 2 differents things, it would be better to introduce this effect on another skill or trait. I’d prefer to see it on something like :

Spitefull spirit : Cast unholy feast when entering shroud. Unholy feast also add “X” for 5 seconds on hitten foes.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’ve said this since they introduced Phalanx Strength. Back then Warriors were already the most viable pve profession whereas Necros were bottom. Necros should have had it from the start.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Vampiric Aura already is a party wide buff and DPS boost. Sure, it’s less than 100 damage per hit, but it has no ICD. Party wide it may turn to be a typical 5% at the end of the fight.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

Vampiric Aura already is a party wide buff and DPS boost. Sure, it’s less than 100 damage per hit, but it has no ICD. Party wide it may turn to be a typical 5% at the end of the fight.

Vampiric aura add between 40 and 50 damage. Partywide, people would have to be in full nomad gear and have no trait that increase damage to allow a 5% damage boost.

What’s 45 damage when a player bash at 10k with each hit? Well I’m overestimating a bit since it’s usually between 8k and 10k per hit. The point being that at 8k per hit the damage increase is almost 0.5%… Well, I shouldn’t have calculate this, it sadden me…

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

not by a long shot.

you bring a PS warrior over Power reaper because banners and EA,

in a raid setting, you want 2 PSEA warrior for each subgroup to make sure all have banners, Empowered allies and the might stacks, Once you have those covered. Reaper is a solid DpS choice, and far better option than a third power warrior. And with the recent changes to Scorched Earth, Its a non issue on the condie front you can bring Either Condie Warrior or Condie reaper.

‘not by a long shot’
the only case this might be true is if the boss is under 50% health. ONLY then does it justify the dps drop when it comes to taking a power reaper. 45k 100b every 6.5 seconds or a 15k GD every 8.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Vampiric aura on 5 allies equals a 5% personal dmg boost when you are dealing between 12-15k dps. The reality is it can actually buff more than 5 due to its pulse frequency and effect duration so it ends up being slightly better. Its still a very weak group buff for damage, as far as damage goes its better to consider it a selfish buff which you gain from having allies near you because its that small. Its barely comparable to just taking soul reaping for strength of undeath.

The real merit is the group sustain and the extra life steal you get selfishly. And obviously well cooldowns are really good for power builds and quickening thirst is pretty good for condi builds. You would never take blood magic just for vampiric aura. Its the other stuff in addition to it which makes the line desirable. And necro is certainly not worth taking just for vampiric aura.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I don’t understand why you want to buff the class that is arguably the strongest after HoT. Usually people run Blood magic for Vampiric Rituals’ well recharge decrease ; Vampiric Presence is just an option over Banshee’s Wail and Life from Death (both are more situational) since it provides damage and a bit of sustain.

Vulnerability is a group-wide damage increase any way you cut it. The fact that other classes can apply it too doesn’t charge that fact.

Chill is a group-wide defensive measure since you reduce the ability of the enemies to attack and chase your allies.

Poison is a utility that reaper/necromancer has easy access to as well.

Boon corruption is a group-wide damage increase if protection / regeneration / aegis is removed ; group-wide damage mitigation if might/fury/quickness/retaliation are removed.

If all you want to do is stack might, there’s also Guardian’s Empowering Might and Herald’s Shared Empowerment (along with Facet of Strength). Unlike necromancer’s Siphoned Power , those are major traits.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Kanto.1659

Ooh, yeah, I actually tested and vampiric aura only heals for 35 HP and does 35-37 damage. I thought everyone got close to 100 but that’s our Vampiric Strikes + Vampiric Aura.

Okay then. I got nothing. It still has no ICD so multiple hits will heal a trickle, but it’s really bad.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

I don’t understand why you want to buff the class that is arguably the strongest after HoT. Usually people run Blood magic for Vampiric Rituals’ well recharge decrease ; Vampiric Presence is just an option over Banshee’s Wail and Life from Death (both are more situational) since it provides damage and a bit of sustain.

Vulnerability is a group-wide damage increase any way you cut it. The fact that other classes can apply it too doesn’t charge that fact.

Chill is a group-wide defensive measure since you reduce the ability of the enemies to attack and chase your allies.

Boon corruption is a group-wide damage increase if protection / regeneration / aegis is removed ; group-wide damage mitigation if might/fury/quickness/retaliation are removed.

While what you say isn’t totally wrong it also ain’t true.

The very issue of the necromancer is that he is balanced in PvP and subpar in PvE mainly because condition as well as Boon corruption have a stronger impact in PvP.

Ask yourself some questions :
- Is there any profession that can’t apply vulnerability and thus boost their party damage?
- What’s the impact of poison on a mob? There is barely any monster that heal themself or heal their fellow and even when there are some there healing ability feel like there is no difference between poisoned mobs and not poisoned.
- What’s the impact of chill on PvE boss? It only slowly deplete a breakbar that you got a few second to totally deplete
- What’s the impact of boon corruption in PvE? Mobs that have boons or are able to generate boons are a few and most of the time removing/converting these boons don’t make a lot of difference since they still have their humongous health bar and base damage that may kill you in a split second.

I believe you don’t understand what the necromancer’s crowd want. What the necromancer craowd want is simply to be able to stand their ground along with other profession not only in PvP but also in PvE. The necromancer want to be usefull to it’s party and not the lonely guy that is leeching the damage boost of their teammate. The necromancer want to be able to give as much as it take while atm the necromancer only play like a selfish being.

If all you want to do is stack might, there’s also Guardian’s Empowering Might and Herald’s Shared Empowerment (along with Facet of Strength). Unlike necromancer’s Siphoned Power , those are major traits.

Here you are comparing apples and bananas. Siphoned power is a totally selfish trait while the other 2 are meant to buff their party.

NB.: Excuse me Spoj but Vampiric aura is not :

Vampiric aura on 5 allies equals a 5% personal dmg boost when you are dealing between 12-15k dps.

Vampiric aura is an abysmal damage boost and a pitiable healing boost to your party member. The aura affect your allies and they are the one that benefit it’s effects. It can’t be qualifyed as a “personal damage boost”. saying what you say would be like saying : “phallanx warrior grant it’s party member 25 might stack and EA, it’s worth a 3900 power and 3750 condition boost as personnal damage!” And I’m sure you are well aware of the impact of 25 might stack on a party overall damage.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Vampiric aura on 5 allies equals a 5% personal dmg boost when you are dealing between 12-15k dps.

Vampiric aura is an abysmal damage boost and a pitiable healing boost to your party member. The aura affect your allies and they are the one that benefit it’s effects. It can’t be qualifyed as a “personal damage boost”. saying what you say would be like saying : “phallanx warrior grant it’s party member 25 might stack and EA, it’s worth a 3900 power and 3750 condition boost as personnal damage!” And I’m sure you are well aware of the impact of 25 might stack on a party overall damage.

You misunderstood me. What i was saying is that its such a weak group buff that its comparable to a personal damage buff. Because it is. At 12-15k dps in a 5 man party the total dps it adds to the party is about the same as you just taking an extra personal 5% modifier. So if it werent for the other benefits of blood magic and the sustain you would most certainly take soul reaping just for strength of undeath instead.

However on if you are in a really low dps group its slightly better since its armour ignoring and based on frequent hits. The power scaling is also very low.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Infusion.7149

While what you say isn’t totally wrong it also ain’t true.

The very issue of the necromancer is that he is balanced in PvP and subpar in PvE mainly because condition as well as Boon corruption have a stronger impact in PvP.

Ask yourself some questions :
- Is there any profession that can’t apply vulnerability and thus boost their party damage?
- What’s the impact of poison on a mob? There is barely any monster that heal themself or heal their fellow and even when there are some there healing ability feel like there is no difference between poisoned mobs and not poisoned.
- What’s the impact of chill on PvE boss? It only slowly deplete a breakbar that you got a few second to totally deplete
- What’s the impact of boon corruption in PvE? Mobs that have boons or are able to generate boons are a few and most of the time removing/converting these boons don’t make a lot of difference since they still have their humongous health bar and base damage that may kill you in a split second.

I believe you don’t understand what the necromancer’s crowd want. What the necromancer craowd want is simply to be able to stand their ground along with other profession not only in PvP but also in PvE. The necromancer want to be usefull to it’s party and not the lonely guy that is leeching the damage boost of their teammate. The necromancer want to be able to give as much as it take while atm the necromancer only play like a selfish being.

Here you are comparing apples and bananas. Siphoned power is a totally selfish trait while the other 2 are meant to buff their party.

The only necros I’ve seen complain are on the official forums , after the condition stacking changes. I’ve never seen any reapers say “oh look damage needs a buff”. I have however seen reapers make eles , revenants, guardians and thieves implode in PvP regularly, sometimes even 3v1.

Necros can apply vulnerability on auto from range , though if you are aiming for max power-based damage on you can go Greatsword or dagger mainhand like eles or sword mesmers.

Poison does condition damage. If you run scepter you’re going to put points into condi damage.

Chill damages breakbars but also slows down frequency of attacks and maximizes melee damage by keeping things stacked in place.

Vampiric Aura is in blood magic, a support line akin to water, inspiration, salvation, defense, shadow arts, wilderness survival. The fact that it does anything offensive at all is a bonus.

If you said something about making the cleave on dagger mainhand to 3 targets in PvE , and Life Siphon to AoE 5 targets in 130 range for PvE only, I’d understand.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

C’mon Infusion… I think you read my post but didn’t understood it.

What I said is the issue of the necromancer does not lie in personnal ability to do personnal damage but in it’s ability to grant meaningful support to it’s party. Thing that hurt him especially hard in PvE.

So yes, Necromancer in PvP content is in a really good spot atm. I’d even say that condition wise, the necromancer is a bit to strong in PvP content. On the other hand, condition wise, the necromancer is only at an average level in PvE and do not grant anything specific that really support it’s party members.

The necromancer is just subpar in PvE like he has always been since release of the game. And the very reason for that is that the necromancer does not grant any valuable support to it’s party nor did he contribute to teamplay since he just lack a simple reliable combo blast.

If you want someone that apply vulnerability from range, you just take a ranger, an ele, an engi or even whatever profession that just end up taking a comon trait that apply vulnerability on crit. The point, which is not even a point, is more that whatever happen you will most likely be in melee range than at range in an organized fight (which increase even more the ability of every profession to apply vulnerability)

Poison do damage that’s right but the necromancer is far from being the best at applying poison or at having high damage through the use of poison. This is spots that are taken by rangers and thieves since they have trait that enhance this specific condition damage and duration.

Chill only affect breackbars. By no way it reduce the frequency of attack from monster. The condition that affect the frequency of attack is called Slow and can be applyed by Mesmer and dragonhunters.

So, yes clearly understand that I am not considering area where the necromancer does not need any help when complaining, but I’m looking at the area where the necromancer is severly lacking. And that is : Proper teamplay tools for PvE

NB.: Your suggestion for dagger would have no sense at all and would do absolutely nothing good to the necromancer since it would not help him in the area where he is lacking the most. If I had to ask for something from the dev, I wouldn’t ask them for buff to an already ok weapon but for tools that could help necromancers to be welcome in a group. Like :
- a trait that allow the necromancer to increase it’s teammate condition duration.
- a trait that increase condition damage of my nearby party member
- a trait that make unholy feast into a blast finisher
… etc. Anything in this line of though would do.
I don’t want all of them, just one would be enough. I just want the necromancer to be able to properly add it’s weight into any kind of party, I want the necromancer to have tools that make him desirable. I don’t want the necromancer to stay as the guy who’s carried by it’s teammates teamplay and just leech all the buff.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Infusion.7149

The only trait I see that could happen is +150 condition damage for all party members , the unholy feast change would be unlikely given the amount of things it does already (boon corrupt , retal, cripple).

I don’t see how that would help the majority of professions since unless you are running burnzerkers , engineers with flamethrowers/grenades, and other such PvE only builds that have burning/bleeding/poison/confusion for damage you’re being more niche. Also you’d have to evaluate which major trait would be replaced, probably something like Corrupter’s Fervor or Parasitic Contagion.

Condition duration is already broken , for WvW it’s basically who is running the most food as far conditions (-20% food, 20% from Hoelbrak rune VS +20% condi duration food such as Rare Veggie Pizza / Koi cake, expertise gear such as Viper’s/Trailblazer’s, runes that give sometimes more than 20% duration boost for conditions such as poison/torment/burning/chill/torment, +10% from Sigil of malice).

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

I don’t see how that would help the majority of professions since unless you are running burnzerkers , engineers with flamethrowers/grenades, and other such PvE only builds that have burning/bleeding/poison/confusion for damage you’re being more niche. Also you’d have to evaluate which major trait would be replaced, probably something like Corrupter’s Fervor or Parasitic Contagion.

That’s exactly my point. To add an effect that would only help in PvE and have marginal effect in the global PvP balance. This is something that is needed to grant the necromancer an overall niche in all gamemodes.

Condi duration is caped at 100%. Simply put a trait that allow the necromancer to improve their allies condi duration while in combat would simply allow your party member to invest less in condi duration and more in condi damage. the point would be to promote a bit more diversity.

Beside, personnally, if a condi trait would have to be replaced by one of those, it would have to be Lingering curse. Simply put the actual trait feel imbalanced. Before the january patch, the scepter felt weak without the trait and balanced with it. Now the scepter feel balanced in PvP without and totally broken in PvP when you use scepter (note that nothing changed from a PvE perspective).

Ideally, Anet would have to slightly increase base duration of the scepter’s condition and add an aura with a balanced increase in condi duration for the whole party. So that the necromancer gain an impact on it’s party without losing it’s DPS (It should also help with the diversity in regard of weapon choice). Note that a trait that increase condi duration for everyone help condi spec as well as power spec.

Condition duration is already broken , for WvW it’s basically who is running the most food as far conditions (-20% food, 20% from Hoelbrak rune VS +20% condi duration food such as Rare Veggie Pizza / Koi cake, expertise gear such as Viper’s/Trailblazer’s, runes that give sometimes more than 20% duration boost for conditions such as poison/torment/burning/chill/torment, +10% from Sigil of malice).

This is an amuzing position that you assume here. we could say that a lot of trait are broken the same way from power creep since they abuse the stacking damage boost on gear/runes/sigil/traits. Condi ain’t more broken than direct damage, they are just harder to deal with from a player perception since they are lingering damage. If you calmly look at it even with maximum condi duration and condi damage, powercreep still do a few more DPS in game than condition.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Ooh, yeah, I actually tested and vampiric aura only heals for 35 HP and does 35-37 damage. I thought everyone got close to 100 but that’s our Vampiric Strikes + Vampiric Aura.

Okay then. I got nothing. It still has no ICD so multiple hits will heal a trickle, but it’s really bad.

You don’t push 4K power? With that it is more around 42.5 damage.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Kanto.1659

Not sure if serious.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Not sure if serious.

It also stacks with vulnerability, so my aura does about 48 damage last time I tried.

But I play a filthy casual soldier reaper of blood and death magic.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

Necros would be in high demand for PvE if Anet only did 1 thing. Make creatures use boons regularly. If a boss for example constantly stacked might, protection etc you’d need a Necro to debuff for the most efficiency. I really don’t know why mobs don’t apply boons more. That 1 change would make several of our skills that are useless in PvE very important. Also Why do bosses have boons that can’t be removed. Necros don’t need more party support skill and traits. We only need to be able to use the skills we already have.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Necros would be in high demand for PvE if Anet only did 1 thing. Make creatures use boons regularly. If a boss for example constantly stacked might, protection etc you’d need a Necro to debuff for the most efficiency. I really don’t know why mobs don’t apply boons more. That 1 change would make several of our skills that are useless in PvE very important. Also Why do bosses have boons that can’t be removed. Necros don’t need more party support skill and traits. We only need to be able to use the skills we already have.

Not really true. Mesmers have always been better for constant boon removal. Condi necros can now compete to a very decent level. But thats only recently. And Mesmer is still more than adequate, and can be even more effective when using phantasmal disenchanters in addition to sword auto. So improving boons on mobs in PvE wont really change things as much as you might think.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

Not really true. Mesmers have always been better for constant boon removal. Condi necros can now compete to a very decent level. But thats only recently. And Mesmer is still more than adequate, and can be even more effective when using phantasmal disenchanters in addition to sword auto. So improving boons on mobs in PvE wont really change things as much as you might think.

I agree on 2 points that Mesmers have better constant boon removal(because of the auto attack and not by much more) and that Necros have only caught up recently. That being said most of Necro boon removal involves converting boons into conditions and most Mesmer boon removal removes add boons to themselves and possibly allies. Considering most classes have decent condition management and that most of the time offense trumps defense in this game, converting boons may be arguably better than ripping them.

Either way if creatures spammed more boons (and conditions for that matter) Necro would be a much more viable PvE class.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

I agree on 2 points that Mesmers have better constant boon removal(because of the auto attack and not by much more) and that Necros have only caught up recently. That being said most of Necro boon removal involves converting boons into conditions and most Mesmer boon removal removes add boons to themselves and possibly allies. Considering most classes have decent condition management and that most of the time offense trumps defense in this game, converting boons may be arguably better than ripping them.

Either way if creatures spammed more boons (and conditions for that matter) Necro would be a much more viable PvE class.

The issue of the necromancer in PvE have always been a lack of “synergy” with other professions. Boon coruption is just another mechanism that does not add any synergy with other professions. Simply put, for the same boon removal/corruption rate, the mesmer add on the table invaluable buff/boon/utilities to it’s party.

It’s right that soft conditions granted by boon coruption greatly impact the PvP scene but in PvE, they would have to code mobs in a way that there strengh and resilience depend of their boons instead of what we got atm : High health pool and high natural damage. I can just imagine what a big headache it would be for the dev to code each kind of mob in this game so that they become reliant of boon/condition effect instead of their current property.

Beside, their is a nasty drawback in this kind of change. The main drawback is that being able to remove boon would become necessary. Which mean that it would cause an uproar since few professions have access to a reliable way to remove boon. This would kill diversity.

Boon corruption is something interesting in the game but, and sadly it’s a relief, it’s impact on PvE is abysmal. The best solution for the necromancer to find a place in PvE is a way for the necromancer to gain a direct and valuable ability to support it’s teammate. Boon coruption and condition in general is an indirect way of support that certainly work well in PvP but not in PvE due to the mobs specificities. While I love the breakbar as a mechanism, the breakbar is also a mechanism that directly nerf soft condition in PvE, making indirect support useless.

There are plenty of “easy” way to bend the core necromancer in a way it may support it’s allies. There are ways to do it while also making the core necromancer more balanced. I’ve already put some ideas while plenty other player have put theirs the same way on this forum. But nothing will change until Anet have the will to balance imbalanced thing and start granting direct support to the core necromancer (note that Vampiric aura was a great start but PvE wise it stop at that)

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

if reaper gets Phalanx, warrior would be byebye from the game, haha

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

For example:

problem solved.

We have this debuff, it’s called signet of vampirism, only when compared to spotter, for example, it’s ridiculously underpowered.

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

if reaper gets Phalanx, warrior would be byebye from the game, haha

Warrior still got banners doe

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Phalanx str Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

Beside, their is a nasty drawback in this kind of change. The main drawback is that being able to remove boon would become necessary. Which mean that it would cause an uproar since few professions have access to a reliable way to remove boon. This would kill diversity.

Boon corruption is something interesting in the game but, and sadly it’s a relief, it’s impact on PvE is abysmal. The best solution for the necromancer to find a place in PvE is a way for the necromancer to gain a direct and valuable ability to support it’s teammate. Boon coruption and condition in general is an indirect way of support that certainly work well in PvP but not in PvE due to the mobs specificities. While I love the breakbar as a mechanism, the breakbar is also a mechanism that directly nerf soft condition in PvE, making indirect support useless.

There are plenty of “easy” way to bend the core necromancer in a way it may support it’s allies. There are ways to do it while also making the core necromancer more balanced. I’ve already put some ideas while plenty other player have put theirs the same way on this forum. But nothing will change until Anet have the will to balance imbalanced thing and start granting direct support to the core necromancer (note that Vampiric aura was a great start but PvE wise it stop at that)

There are plenty ways for other classes to deal with boons, just not in the conventional way of corrupting/stripping.

Warriors can be “boon haters” with more traits like “Destruction of the Empowered”. If Anet chooses to go that route, Warriors can “deal with” boons on PvE mobs if they expand this mechanic across more traits or weapons.

That’s just one example of how a boon heavy PvE meta could work and it’ll definitely help Necros in being a useful asset while still allowing other classes some relief on their own.