Pistol necro

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: MrJ.8142

MrJ.8142

Hey guys, I just wanted to know what do you all think about this.

As the topic says, I think it would be cool for a necro to using a pistol / dual pistols. It will looks like a kitten xD

Well this is just my little idea though, can Anet make this happen?

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: TooLateToTalk.5670

TooLateToTalk.5670

Honestly I don’t think it would make sense for our class to have or use pistols. I think it would be cool to be able to summon a undead rogue or an undead pirate with duel pistols.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raykon.7908

Raykon.7908

I’d much rather have a greatsword or something as i feel it suits the necro a lot more than it does a mesmer. I could see greatsword adding some much needed burst damage for necro and incorporating some “reaper” themed abilities or something.

I can’t imagine how a pistol would be used on necro.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chidawg.6315

Chidawg.6315

Lol what about when necros have pistols they automatically become corrupted and they act like those repeater guns in Half-life? instead of shooting bullets we would shoot sharp mutilated bone shards.

Chibong(lvl 80 necro)/Chidawg(lvl 80 thief)
SoS – The Industry[WORK]

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

I personally think all of this bad. Pistol on a necro would make absolutely no sense, it’s like making thieves use a staff. What the hell is a thief going to do with a big bulky staff? What the hell is a necromancer going to do with a pair of guns?

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaelon.3157

Kaelon.3157

If any major change were to be made for necros I would think it would be in the type of corruptions we do. Make them into diseases and not bleeds since dealing with death makes much more sense than bleeding someone out like a sword or arrow wound.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

pistol necro? what in the world?

I think following items (In the order listed) would make more sense for necro:

• 1h sword
  • 2h sword
  • Axe
  • Double wield focus
  • Undead cats
  • Live cats
  • Pistol

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ahmon.1730

Ahmon.1730

pistol necro? what in the world?

I think following items (In the order listed) would make more sense for necro:

• 1h sword
  • 2h sword
  • Axe
  • Double wield focus
  • Undead cats
  • Live cats
  • Pistol

Necros do wield axes.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

I want duel scepter personally.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

@ Ahmon

Yeah it was joke list haha, i thought it would be obvious from wielding undead cats

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Staff, Scepter, Focus, Warhorn, Dagger of the ones right now (axes just feel out of place)

1h Swords (dual wield ofc) and torch are what we should have~

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daishi.5184

Daishi.5184

If you ask me pistols do make sense for a caster or necro. They are rather easy to use (how hard it is to shoot something vs using a bow) and very effective. Sure aiming might be a problem but hey, a wizard can do (did) it. On the other side … how does axe make more sense? a heavy weapon used because it’s heavy (working similar to a hammer) used by a mage makes more sense right? If axe can work so can pistol which WOULD make a very good option for power necro ranged damage (axe range and damage is just meh, and it makes no sense for axe to have long range, staff and focus are condition based).

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Archinos.8754

Archinos.8754

imo pistols are less for a death, grim reaper kinda dude…
swords sounds good, torches also but burn conditions are not necro’s style as it seem..
swords sound best cuz it goes well with bleeds and it can be used in a different way like mesmer do… throw a big range cleave or summoning zombies or other dead thingies….

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nismu.4019

Nismu.4019

Then again when you have meatwall of undead creatures in your disposal, why would you pick up dagger or axe to melee your enemies ? Many would choose best possible ranged weapon in that case and bows can be tricky to aim.. but guns, pistols and rifle again.. strong weapons that are relatively easy to use to make sure you have dead bodies coming up for your use.

i would love more weapon choices for necro (with old ones made more comparable to each other and other classes. )

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emerald.4392

Emerald.4392

some of you are saying how does a pistol make sense, but a mesmer has a great sword as well as off hand pistol? and they are mage class. so great sword addition for necromancer or a scythe(would be awesome maybe has more life siphon or dark type skills?)

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlueStripedTiger.3760

BlueStripedTiger.3760

I want greatswords, even though they don’t make sense. When I first got the game, I didn’t want the frail, minion summoning type necro; I wanted gothic plate mail, greatsword wielding necro that commands and feasts on the blood of his enemies on the front lines.

That being said, pistols are a nu-uh.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Beyreva.8769

Beyreva.8769

I want a hammer. Just like Necromancer Munne had one.

Sometimes it’s necessary listening to the silence, it could tell more..

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

2 handed executioner’s axe for Necromancers!

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

I agree that a greatsword (or a sword, but since we only have one twohander I think that a GS is better) would have been far more appropriate. In GW1 necros had some pretty cool melee boosting abilities – back then they were mainly used to boost his allies/minions damage, but as GW2 is more solo friendly, they could have implemented them differently.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dethroat.3514

Dethroat.3514

I’ve played classes that use the pistols, and my main is a Necro. I personally don’t think that the pistols would fit the class as a whole. Considering our class is based on conditioning damage, and stuff like that, there is really no need for that kind of stuff.

I like the idea, I just don’t think it fits well with the class.

Dethroat – Human – Necromancer – War is Hell [WAR] Leader
Tarnished Coast

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Pistol skills tend to fall around the 600 range.
They tend to have fast attacks and condition damage.
Necro already has many ways to inflict conditions at range and both Life Siphon and Ghastly Claws hit rapidly at range.

This is why I’d rather have a Sword, a Greatsword, a Shield, a Torch or the Longbow.
Sword and Greatsword would add more melee skills. We only have one right now.
Shield would go well with Necros already being pretty hard to kill. Be a “tank”.
A torch could give us the ability to inflict Burning and Longbow could give us high single-target damage at long range.

I just don’t know what a Pistol would add.
They look cool but I can’t think of what role they’d fulfill that we can’t already do.

Benight[Edge]

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Though a 1hnd 2hnd sword would be awsome…especially for a tanky shadowknight vampire style play. Or atleast some kind of hard dps kit. But i imagine “possibly” maybe they’re waiting till they put in 2hnd axe/polearms and maybe we’ll use those…and get some cool scythe instead of making our staff look like one when we auto.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I’d like to see a dedicated ranged weapon for power/crit builds. A rifle would be swell. The staff just isn’t cutting it.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

We should have a scythe or the greatsword have the scythe thingy like the staff. A pistol doesn’t match scholar. Mesmer can’t even use it, only their clones can.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

I’d like to see a dedicated ranged weapon for power/crit builds. A rifle would be swell. The staff just isn’t cutting it.

Axe for better or worse is our ranged power weapon, it just needs an offhand that actually does damage

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I speculate that the theme behind the scepter and axe is sympathetic magic.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xomic.5792

Xomic.5792

I kind of want to see a main hand shield spec. Shields are fairly under used weapons, and it seems like a sort of interesting weapon choice.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Torch could very well make sense.

Spectral (Green) Fire.

I do wish Daggers were ranged though, with dagger just being more of a focus of Athame since it sort of ritualistic/blood themed. And if it was made the bleed condition/healing weapon.

I am surprised they didn’t go with Greatsword, since this game has nothing against the classic caster going melee. Having that tanky Greatsword Shadow Knight theme would’ve fit perfectly I think.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ahmon.1730

Ahmon.1730

Pistol skills tend to fall around the 600 range.
They tend to have fast attacks and condition damage.
Necro already has many ways to inflict conditions at range and both Life Siphon and Ghastly Claws hit rapidly at range.

This is why I’d rather have a Sword, a Greatsword, a Shield, a Torch or the Longbow.
Sword and Greatsword would add more melee skills. We only have one right now.
Shield would go well with Necros already being pretty hard to kill. Be a “tank”.
A torch could give us the ability to inflict Burning and Longbow could give us high single-target damage at long range.

I just don’t know what a Pistol would add.
They look cool but I can’t think of what role they’d fulfill that we can’t already do.

Shield is not the Guardian’s tanking off-hand and pistol is not really condition-focused as a Thief. The weapons/off-hands don’t have specific roles.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eidolor.7418

Eidolor.7418

Necro with guns is an absolute must-have.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arzurag.7506

Arzurag.7506

Look what we have here, a true necromancer.^^

Walking’s good, fighting’s better, fcking’s best

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Hello necro my old friend~

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Eidolor.7418

Necro gunner all day every day, it’d be nice to finally come home.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

you really know how to bring the dead back to front page.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Eidolor.7418

All in the hopes of making this a thing.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

shoot them with minion’s oh yeah

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

A new necro elite specialization called the american, heals teammates by shooting them with a gun.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gaveon.6749

Gaveon.6749

What about instead of pistol…Harpoon gun
Heck even spear or trident

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Eidolor.7418

Cauterizing wounds sounds nice, though I’d rather heal transient minions or refresh their timers.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

I actually agree. Double pistols or rifle.

Long range spec. Weapon skills are long range “spectral” shots, heavy power focus, but skills are mostly “skillshots”. With special minions as a class mechanic “minion transforms” like a crossover of soulbeast and deathshroud with a firebrand tome vibe. Utility skills tricks, consisting of trap like skills, movement and some conditional damage.

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I’d much rather have a greatsword or something as i feel it suits the necro a lot more than it does a mesmer. I could see greatsword adding some much needed burst damage for necro and incorporating some “reaper” themed abilities or something.

Ok anyone else notice this posts over 4 years old and this person saw into the future and named the elite spec and weapon before it happened????

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arzurag.7506

Arzurag.7506

Ok anyone else notice this posts over 4 years old and this person saw into the future and named the elite spec and weapon before it happened????

He´s an undead prophet, only a few necromancers get to be one.
It´s a gift everyone should embrace.

Walking’s good, fighting’s better, fcking’s best

Pistol necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spinex.3695

Spinex.3695

I started reading this and was like “dude we have a great sword and that spec” then I saw the date.

Do you reckon they play the game anymore?