Plague Sending trait QOL improvement

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Plague Sending: This trait will no longer attempt to activate Plague Signet if the player is either out of range or does not have a line of sight to the target.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Interesting change.

Since they are trying to prevent a wasted signet proc, perhaps they could also have this limiter apply to some of our transfer skills?
It happens rather often that I trigger Plague Sending with Putrid Mark, in which case Putrid Mark transfers first and Plague Signet does nothing. So maybe have the trait check for additional 3 conditions after the transfer?

Also, Blood Bond still misses all the time because Vamp Signet requires facing the target.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Same issues with Chill of Death. I don’t like wasted procs especially if they’re traited.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I didn’t know it proced outside of range. Kinda need a tab showing if the signet activated.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’d like to see this applied to everything relevant. It is overall a “more skillful” change than just removing those requirements, but its nice to not randomly waste a proc.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Robert Gee

Robert Gee

Game Designer

Since they are trying to prevent a wasted signet proc, perhaps they could also have this limiter apply to some of our transfer skills?
It happens rather often that I trigger Plague Sending with Putrid Mark, in which case Putrid Mark transfers first and Plague Signet does nothing. So maybe have the trait check for additional 3 conditions after the transfer?

This would be a nice check but due to the order of operations it’s not something that’s easy to do. The condition transfer for Putrid Mark triggers on the same hit that activates Plague Sending so from the trait’s perspective you still have the conditions (since the transfer is still happening). We could delay the activation of the trait to wait for the transfer, but that would negatively affect how responsive the trait was in other situations.

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteDeath.8067

WhiteDeath.8067

What about the bug in which transferred conditions will rally enemies?

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

This would be a nice check but due to the order of operations it’s not something that’s easy to do. The condition transfer for Putrid Mark triggers on the same hit that activates Plague Sending so from the trait’s perspective you still have the conditions (since the transfer is still happening). We could delay the activation of the trait to wait for the transfer, but that would negatively affect how responsive the trait was in other situations.

It would be nice if plague sending triggered on a specific skill use. Maybe even just the next auto attack when you have 3+ condis. That would give it more counterplay, and eliminate most of these problems.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

How about auto-cooldown reduction? As in, if it triggered, but didn’t transfer any conditions due to the lack of them, automatically do -100% cooldown, so it’s ready to trigger again whenever conditions are met?

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

It’s a good change but it won’t make a huge difference in real life: it’s only in edge-case scenarios where you can hit a target while out of range of them or with no line of sight. Like if you dropped a mark and ran off, and they trigger it. Still a good change though, as those occasions do happen, albeit rarely.

I’m more concerned about the fact that some of my transfers have been failing apparently for no reason since the June 23 patch. No “obstructed”, “evaded”, or “missed” message, clear line of sight, in range, yet sometimes I’ll hit Plague Signet and it will do nothing. I thought maybe the problem was blind: that now that conditions to be transferred are chosen randomly instead of blind being prioritised, PS will miss if blind isn’t one of the conditions randomly transferred. But in that case surely I’d have gotten a “missed!” messagel, right? Sometimes it will instead corrupt boons on the target without removing any conditions off me, which is just COMPLETELY bizarre, because it’s clearly hitting and proccing Signets of Suffering, just not moving conditions off me!

Sadly I haven’t been able to reliably reproduce this bug and figure out when it happens, but I swear it does. At some point when I have the time I’ll record some games and post clips of it happening.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.