Plague Signet Passive in WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I feel like the most selfless person ever when I run this, but then I realize that I really need that insta cast 360 stunbreak short cooldown utility that also transfers condis and corrupts boons at 1200 range.
While running this, I acquire:
All the confusion on the battlefield
6 days of chil
70 stacks of cannon bleeds
Mortar hell
Cripple for dayz
Random condis while I’m trying to get out of combat

The worst part is that people will see that chills and burns melt off of them, so they don’t leave the fire and ice fields. Meanwhile, I’m not standing in it, and I have to burn for 5 people all at once.

Is this a fair tradeoff for the amazing active on plague signet?

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

No but maybe this will be one of the wvw specific balance changes coming up in the next patch.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

The passive should absorb conditions from 5 allies and grant resistance per condition.
Like Pain Absorption but without granting resistance to allies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Kinda why its not used in wvw

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Yes, Plague Signet can make Master of Corruption look like the best deal, ever. PS is only useful in PvP. It is either a skill not worth the opportunity cost or one that will actually cause suicide for every other game mode. (Why does Necromancer have traits and skills that can actually kill the player? Being useless is one thing but intentionally self-destructive is another.)

It should really be changed so that it stores a fixed number of conditions, like the first three, for return to an opponent when activated and converts excess over the limit to life force.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Similar functionality to Guardian’s “Save Yourselves!”.
Similar problems in those game modes.

Unholy Martyr works a bit better

Fishsticks

in Necromancer

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Similar functionality to Guardian’s “Save Yourselves!”.
Similar problems in those game modes.

Unholy Martyr works a bit better

Why not both? :P

NSPride <3

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I hate the passives on plague signet with a passion. Random cripple, immob, chill, etc.. are just what I needed when attempting to kite away from the focus train. It’s why I never use it in WvW ZvZ or when playing with small group roaming, I only use it when solo roaming. As for sPvP, I take it out of necessity especially when facing a team with necros & other condi classes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

It literally autowins fights vs condi burst sometimes, so it has purpose in WvW.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

It literally autowins fights vs condi burst sometimes, so it has purpose in WvW.

Well yeah, you can use it of you solo roaming and avoid pretty much every other ally in the map,nullifying its passive. Once team fights happen, its proly going to annoy you more than help

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Both Revenant and Necro have the same problem but from different ends. Necro has the means to gather all the conditions but insufficient means to survive taking them all on, ie no resistance and too few paths to builds that can utilise or shed them. The horrendous failure of foresight and reasoning that was the Consume Condition uber-nerf, being a part and symptom of this failing.

Rev however does have resistance, but in too specific a build while having too few means to effectively gather conditions or make use of them.

Necro needs resistance on Plague Signet transfers and Rev needs to be able to utilse acquired conditions. The problem is that would make them almost indistinguishable. Not sure if it’s actually a problem though…..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’ve killed those cancer warriors with Staff #4 before under the same premise.