Plague form, more Noob friendly than Moa

in Necromancer

Posted by: AlfredKlios.9657

AlfredKlios.9657

Take the Blind attack out of Plague form Elite.

Seriously, no class needs to run around in circles on a node for 20 seconds contesting it and screaming ’cant hit me cant hit me cant hit me cant hit me"

Plague form already ridiculously stacks a necro’s toughness and vitality, they dont need to be practically invincible. Let them use plague form like its meant to do to stack up all those nasty conditions which is what makes Necros proud, and not to be a moving Thief Smoke Bomb

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I’d be fine with giving up the Blind if, in its place, was something that actually did any damage whatsoever.

Despite the blind, I take much more damage than I dish out during Plague form.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

AlfredKlios.9657

I’d be fine with giving up the Blind if, in its place, was something that actually did any damage whatsoever.

Despite the blind, I take much more damage than I dish out during Plague form.

They probably need to beef up the conditions that it can stack. need to make it worthwhile that you become so exposed for so long.

Warrior Juggernaut deals with this by almost every move it has being a control move

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I’d happily trade blindness for better bleed stacking, but right now there is no reason to use other plague other than blindness ’couse they totally suck.

Anyway more noob friendly than Moa sounds like a blasphemy to me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Plague form is basically a defensive move that deals no damage output whatsoever. You can tell its a defensive move also cause if you look at it, it has no cast time. Meaning it can be cast during CC’s, stuns, rezzes, everything.

If a thief is stupid enough to try to attack you/tries to stealth through it, thats their fault.

The range of the poison/blind is also a lot shorter than you think. Just out range it and attack away. Not to mention AOE’s just bypass the blind altogether.

Basically the damage output is 200-250 poison damage per tick per second for 20 seconds. That is abysmal damage.

I’ve actually just stopped using unless I know I need to hold the point and 3 guys are coming. Just swap to it and use it.

Otherwise I primarily use Flesh Golem despite the bugs is more generally useful. Also the charge does a lot more damage than people think. 1k-2k damage with knockdown in a line? Hell ya. 1/4 to 1/2 the treb HP with a 40CD recharge? Hell ya.

in Necromancer

AlfredKlios.9657

Moving out of its range involves leaving the node, then the necro just sits there and dances capping and youre doing nothing to stop him. you HAVE to stand on the node with him and just deal with it, losing a lot of hp over 20 seconds in the process

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

Moving out of its range involves leaving the node, then the necro just sits there and dances capping and youre doing nothing to stop him. you HAVE to stand on the node with him and just deal with it, losing a lot of hp over 20 seconds in the process

20sec of poison will equal about 4.4k damage….I do not class that as a lot.

And necro’s saying that would trade the blind for damage………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………Are you all on drugs? Remove the blind and it becomes useless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

That’s all it good for……

You should be careful what you wish for.

in Necromancer

AlfredKlios.9657

So vouch for it to just stay as a mindless bunker holder?

Id redesign the entire skill before id vouch for letting it stay as it is.

in Necromancer

Knote.2904

Hey I’m all for making it a good elite. Becoming a nearly unkillable walking smoke field for 20 seconds is boring. Your argument is with bunkers in general though.

in Necromancer

AlfredKlios.9657

yea i hate it for that reason too, 20 seconds of im unkillable is the biggest beef, but the fact that ithas an application so powerful as node contesting

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maskeus.2396

Maskeus.2396

If you can’t simply move out of range to kill somebody in plague form, something is seriously wrong. Despite the extra health, they can’t heal or use Death Shroud inside it, so it’s fairly easy just to leave the node and kill it quickly at range.

in Necromancer

AlfredKlios.9657

If you can’t simply move out of range to kill somebody in plague form, something is seriously wrong. Despite the extra health, they can’t heal or use Death Shroud inside it, so it’s fairly easy just to leave the node and kill it quickly at range.

Doing so lets them just sit on the node for 20 seconds capping the base

in Necromancer

Posted by: Harishon.8031

Harishon.8031

Plague form is very easy to counter and condition specs swallow it whole. On the other hand, Moa has no counter if you are out of interrupts and endurance and a skilled player will make sure you are out of both.

in Necromancer

AlfredKlios.9657

just sayin being invincible for 20 secs contesting or capping a node is much more crippling to the scoreboard than 1 moa.

But lets not be wrong here, Moa is super gay too and promotes the noobiness

in Necromancer

Knote.2904

And being invincible indefinately via Ele/Guardian bunker is even MORE crippling to the scoreboard.

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

If you remove the blind not only does something useful need to be put in it’s place, but you also need to boost the other abilities on it. ATM it doesn’t do hardly any damage with it’s bleeds.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ground Stop.9538

Ground Stop.9538

Seriously, no class needs to run around in circles on a node for 20 seconds contesting it and screaming ’cant hit me cant hit me cant hit me cant hit me"

Have to admit, this made me laugh a lot. I actually do shout random things along the lines of “can’t hit me” every time I lead a charge into the heart of an enemy zerg spamming plague’s blind. Makes me happy, haha.

Cronus | [FEAR] | Fort Aspenwood

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

I just messed around with plague and I basically did a defend rejection and a team fight opener. Run into their area and then spam 2 so they all get blinded while team attacks. And I’m standing on the zone so they can’t defend it. Hilarious.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

/say Can’t touch this, du du du dum~
Also how about then removing Well of Darkness too and make Necros totally useless since desruption is the only thing we do right right now.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Prima.3512

Prima.3512

<3 Plague Form, 3 people all attacking me, and i crippled/bleed them so that my team can take the other nodes more easily.

in Necromancer

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

imo plague form is an amazing skill. You prevent damage to you and your team and let them try to take control of the node. You could also combine that with chilling darkness. In wvw it´s also good because and i can not count how many times that saved my a..s when i tried to escape from angry opponents.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Yes you can prevent players from hitting you every other attack if they are in range. This is very easily countered by other class’s.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

draugris.9872 – chilling darkness doesnt work with plague… not a single trait does in transformations for necros…

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Knote.2904

Plague Form really is only effective on a single person. If you use it against 2 people and they’re not completely stupid they will just split up and one of them gets to sit there and dps you down.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I would definitely like to see some added depth to Plague. As great as chain blinding is- it does create a dull experience. Also, better power scaling would be nice- the poison scales well with Condition damage, the pulsing damage should scale somewhat better with power.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Plague form is weak its just a bunker skill. Not an instant win like group quickness.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET