Playing necro in any content... 2 asc armors?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nefarius.9702

Nefarius.9702

As metabattle states Necros are pretty viable in raids as condi damage dealers, whereas it’s recommended to play with zerker stats in Fractals and dungeons. I pretty much like fractals, and just recently discovered raids.

I currently have an asc armor on my mesmer, and I’d readily built a second one for my necro. (switching around that armor all the time is no choice.)The class isnt in the absolute “top tier”, but I love the mechanic of the class and would like to enjoy any sort of content with it.

The imagination tho of needing to built two asc armors (viper and zerker) hits me hard. Wouldnt it be possible to run raids with an exo viper armor (still ascended jewelry tho)? Or would that be a massive disadvantage for myself / the raid group?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rirgul.5302

Rirgul.5302

Ta daaa.

There’s a whole video about it by a fairly popular Youtuber who seems to know what he’s talking about!

(Get ascended weapons, exotic armour is ok. Trinkets you’ll get ascended through raids anyway. Get the Mordrem loop from the HoT Final fight and you’ll be good to go. The DPS loss isn’t too noticeable at all with 4 stat gear combo’s)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nefarius.9702

Nefarius.9702

cheers man ! :*

in Necromancer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

condi reaper > power reaper in fractals, however reaper or minionmancer is so faceroll that rolling either way doesn’t really matter. it’s more important to learn mechanics and how to avoid having your minions be a hindrance.

I recommend condi over power in part because of raids and in part because the toughness scaling in fractals brings them to about even at the top end of dps, and condi clearly wins out when your group sucks, which may be a common occurrence if you decide to do fractals at your leisure.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Power builds only need an ascended weapon for extra dmg, weapon strength.
Condi builds mainly need duration. Exotic vipers has it already crazy close to escended so theres no difference there.

Asc armor is only helpfull for wvw if you want to get hit a bit less.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

As metabattle states Necros are pretty viable in raids as condi damage dealers, whereas it’s recommended to play with zerker stats in Fractals and dungeons.

Is zerker really still the best and only option for fractals? I’d imagine Viper would work there just as well as in raids..?

Asc armor is only helpfull for wvw if you want to get hit a bit less.

Easily the best selling point for ascended armor in WvW is the infusion slot.
6 vital infusions means +300 hp and a respective amount of life force.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

condi reaper > power reaper in fractals, however reaper or minionmancer is so faceroll that rolling either way doesn’t really matter. it’s more important to learn mechanics and how to avoid having your minions be a hindrance.

I recommend condi over power in part because of raids and in part because the toughness scaling in fractals brings them to about even at the top end of dps, and condi clearly wins out when your group sucks, which may be a common occurrence if you decide to do fractals at your leisure.

Yeah Minionmancer (or even Minionreaper) is kinda busted in (lowlevel) fractals… Just recently I ran with a pretty bad team (as in, only a single person beside myself had any clue), and we got the Harpy/Inquest fractal…and Told Tom was a b*tch to fight. After 2 wipes and a few ragequits of teammembers, I just switched to Bloodmagic/Deathmagic/Reaper (still using a carrion set mind you), and I pretty much solo’d the kitten thing. Old Tom can go die in a pit e.e

To be fair, we didn’t have anything with a reflect on our team, but still, that boss is the most obnoxious boss in lower fractals imho. Then I and my premade Ele went and killed the last boss too, as our team didn’t even manage to clear the jumping passage…yeah. The final boss is so much easier than Old Tom it is just stupid X)

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Shiki.7148)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azsune.7946

Azsune.7946

In high level fractals I feel that condition necro is way better. I have two sets of ascended armor to switch between when I get tired of playing power or condi. When I group with my friend he tries to heal my minions. By the end of a fractal I normally have 10 with lich up. But some fractals that really isn’t possible. Cliff Side I had 22 by the time the boss died was seeing over 24k bleeds on break bar was pretty crazy.

Even in pugs I feel like I am doing a lot more damage then full zerker necro. Epidemic alone can feel epic on trash pulls and the few boss fights that have multiple targets (Aetherblade Retreat).

But in lower level fractals things die way to fast for condi reapers to really shine. You get 4 bleeds on a target its dead. By low level I mean everything under 50. If you want to run dungeons fast power reaper is the way to go also. Getting those 8 quick dungeons feels slower with a condi necro.

My condi set is Vipers armor back/amulet/ 1 ring / weapons with rest sinister and thorns runes. Sit at 99.8% duration I think it was fully buffed on bleeds.

My power set just berserker stat everything with scholar runes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I used to have 9 sets of armor. Two sets is not a stretch but they do not need to be ascended. Exotic is fine, as Rirgul has said. Your play skills impact dps far more than the difference between exotic and ascended armor, especially when every thing else you equip is ascended.