Please Fix Minions

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: themaster.9802

themaster.9802

Seriously. I was expecting this fix to be along side this patch, but minions are still terribly broken. Please just don’t make an update saying “Minion tooltips now updated to reflect their original purpose of sitting there doing nothing”.

Moderator edit: removed CoC infraction from thread title

(edited by Moderator)

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

I’m with ya. That was the number 1 thing I was hoping for. With number 2 being improved turrets. I was disappointed on both accounts.

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Considering both the dynamic complexities involved with A.I. and the skeleton crew they have working on fixes for all the professions, it wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t see any A.I. improvements for months or even years.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kirika.9120

Kirika.9120

Hate to say it again, but don’t forget guys.. some things we consider as bugs are working as intended.

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Minions AL still there
If it fixed , we will say it’s a good update.
It will be better if Life Steal affected by Healing power ( vampiric and vampiric master ).

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vilar.2680

Vilar.2680

What really upset me is not the complete idiocy of the minions, is the fact that no response is given to us, they could say “sorry but this problem is really hard and it will take a while to solve” or “dude shut up is working as intended” either way it would be better then this disrespectful silence about minions lack of response.

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Man This AI drives me craaaazy.

I really hoped it would be solved yesterday..

Then I did some WvW and my minions nearly bugged each fight.

When you play a MM, get a 1v1 fights with somoene, and none of your 4 minions are attacking…

IT’S A GAME BREAKING BUG! I don’t understand why it’s not debugged since beta!

I literaly have to run pass my target like a kitten so my bones minions will maybe position themself to explod. And most of the time, they don’t even follow each other, so I have 50% chance of hitting to good one.

Come on really!

Minion AI is a core mecanism.. make it work!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derina.6584

Derina.6584

Im not exact sure, but i tried minions today and it seems like to me they AI got better.

Now when i attack enemy, minion run toward him and autoatacking him (tested on bone minion, shadow and golem). When i switch target, summon switch too.

Or is here any other problem?

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Minion AI is a tricky thing to fix because it’s not a consistent problem. Sometimes when I start to attack something, all my minions pile on, exactly like they are supposed to. But every so often, a few minions join in, and others stand around doing nothing. And rarely – but occasionally – all my minions will do absolutely nothing whatsoever (except the Golem of course, but he doesn’t actually attack my target because he’s half a map away beating on some other random thing).

Usually using minion powers on a target will fix this, but sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes waiting a few seconds will fix this, but sometimes it doesn’t.

And then you have odd cases like: what exactly are minions supposed to do when a minion is getting attacked, but not me? Sometimes they react. Sometimes they do nothing. Two situations that happen very frequently are: monsters run past me and everything around me to pound on the Bone Fiend (who had not attacked previously) while no other minions do anything, and the Flesh Golem runs off to attack anything within about double normal aggro range (which is why he isn’t helping the Bone Fiend).

The sad part is: we have no idea if this is how it is supposed to work, or a bug! The only thing that really happens with consistency is: if a minion is attacked (and I am not already attacking something), it attacks its attacker. But other minions? Who knows? What is “right” and what is “wrong?”

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Can’t developers tell us any thing about minions Al ??
Can we ask them directly about this issue ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swadow.6213

Swadow.6213

The Demonic Spirit, only if you want the forum moderators to close the thread for calling out devs because that appearantly is forbidden

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nittles.1582

Nittles.1582

I’ve been kind of wanting to roll a necro, but I’m holding off on it because the part that really interested me was the minions. Apparently I like all the UP classes. Recently, I also rolled a Ranger and an Ele.

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Wait until they resolve this issue.

Except if you are a PvE player. In PvE there brain doesn’t seem to freeze often.

But man in WvW, it just crazy.

Each day, I have to convaince myself : “Don’t respect, you wanted to prove MM was useful”. Then I start playing and half my minions are chilling while I’M being killed.

You roam around in WvW, and you are always slowed because your kitten of Flesh Golem attack everthing and die.

Seriously, I have been playing MMORPG since Ultima Online, and I don’t remember a bug that annoyed me as much as this one.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

what i like to see is that minions are the same ore almost same as ranger pets
that they can help your master in every situation

ranger pets can do alot for you if your alone in the world
he can tank for you heal for you even ress you and more

so why are miniums so bad ??
they dont heal by them self only flesh golum do it but thats about it
but he atack every thing it seems and i cant comand him sadly

compare to ranger pets i can comand them if i needed very nice done by anet
i play alot of summoners in orther mmorpg and i love to see my pets/demons help me

but necro is not so good ad it sadly
but who nows maby someday it wil happen

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daishi.5184

Daishi.5184

The bug is pretty kitten obvious. Try sending pets to attack from higher/lower ground or from a cliff. They perform well on flat terrain but they are too stupid to path to upper/lower ground. I doubt nobody noticed this after so much time.

Please Fix Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Yeah I would like the AI fixed as well.

Not to mention the “200% more heal” on the blood fiend’s attack doesn’t even work. half the time it’s still the old value!

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard