Please Make Witch Doctor Happen

in Necromancer

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

Nothing against dps builds, but Anet keeps adding mid of the road/no utility dps builds to necros. Don’t get me wrong, we get decent builds, but then get nerfed to middle road again. The only use necro builds have is boon corrupting and condi spreading. Necros use to be a niche profession that can do that. Now, a lot of professions can do those two things.

I understand that Scourge is happening. There’s no changing that. However, I fear it’s just going to be adding on top of what necros already do.

Enters, Witch Doctor.

We already have a whole outfit named after it. (It’s also one of the better looking cloth sets, imo.) There’s different roads it could go down. It could be a healing or damage soak and Grawl have been using this spec for a while now. It’s a build just screaming to be added to necromancer. Another example, Witch Doctor Glik Glik in Bitterfrost. He looks like a necro.

Witch Doctor is everything a necro needs, like druid was for rangers. Please consider this for our next evolution. Look forward to possible discussions about adding this or other utility to this class that a lot of people love. Truth is, though, gw2’s PvE community currently doesn’t love this profession.

Attachments:

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

(edited by Windler.4815)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Scourge is supposed to be a support spec.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Last I heard it was dedicated condi spec. Still, some multi-tasking would be nice.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Last I heard it was dedicated condi spec. Still, some multi-tasking would be nice.

I heard Condi weapon but support shroud.

Also calling that shroud skill #4 will have a comparatively low cool down if it’s a support shroud because it would increase the access to transfusion greatly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Yeah yeah certainly another failed support through condition… This just doesn’t work in PvE thanks to the fact that every profession and their grandma can perfectly do it and boss are either immun to condition or have mechanism that bypass them.

1st attempt : let’s make necromancer support via condition! Yeah yeah awesome idea!!!
Reality : everybody can do it and put some usefull support on top of that.

2nd attempt : let’s make the necromancer the guy that revive down players! Wooh! awesome idea!!!
Reality : counter productive support that assume that your teammate will be downed.

3rd attempt : let’s focus again on condition and make the necromancer the guy that strip other from their boons! Woah! It’s impossble for them to be left aside with that!!!
Reality : few mob and boss rely on boons and mesmer can strip as well with great support on top of that.

4th attempt : A druid shroud with no grace of the land and weaker heals because there will be some low damage on top of the heals? With on top of that a clumsy mechanism that try to copy the chronomancer’s F5? Oh I can’t wait for that…

I know that I’m pretty pessimist but we’ve already seen to much of this.

On topic, Witch Doctor is a good name but that’s all. You need to add to this name mechanisms, trait synergy… plenty of thing that are not just a name and a wish for a role.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plastazote.7914

Plastazote.7914

I’m not sure how much us making suggestions for the new E-spec matters because most of it is likely pretty decided for now. I just hope they will go back to core necro shroud and revamp it. They may not though because it isn’t elite and is meant to be weaker than reaper and scourge.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

snip

1) Apparently that first leak was BS with the soul jar mechanic. Was someone trying to manipulate markets to get some sweet sales of sawgill mushrooms. Makes sense because it was over complicated.

2) Generally we have no idea how its going to work besides the torch and abilities producing torment and burning and it being support based. No need to be overly negative

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plastazote.7914

Plastazote.7914

I thought all we knew was that it was a scourge with a torch. We might be able to imply burning because it’s a torch but do we know it will produce torment and be support?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I thought all we knew was that it was a scourge with a torch. We might be able to imply burning because it’s a torch but do we know it will produce torment and be support?

We know nothing for certain, beyond what we saw, which was a picture of a desert-like cloth around the head, and suggestive of sand background. Could be anything.

Condition damage with bleeding certainly feels thematic with sand to me, but it’s not really like that relationship needs to make much sense. I mean, berserker == literally catching on fire is not … traditionally what people associate there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

“scourge” doesn’t seem like a name for support XD
we’re heading back to the desolation, home of the undead necro overlord Palawa Joko “Scourge of Vabbi” he doesn’t seem to supportive!

i think it’ll be a condi based spec, spreading plague and pestilence…a scourge!

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

“scourge” doesn’t seem like a name for support XD
we’re heading back to the desolation, home of the undead necro overlord Palawa Joko “Scourge of Vabbi” he doesn’t seem to supportive.

i think it’ll be a condi based spec, spreading plague and pestilence…a scourge!

Neither does firebrand but that’s apparently another support spec. Named aren’t all defining.

There is nothing stopping it from being a condi spec with support abilities in shroud or utilities. Support is also a very broad term.

in Necromancer

SlippyCheeze.5483

Neither does firebrand but that’s apparently another support spec. Named aren’t all defining.

There is nothing stopping it from being a condi spec with support abilities in shroud or utilities. Support is also a very broad term.

…and, notably, almost all the support in the game comes from doing your normal DPS rotation with a little attention to how it throws around buffs. eg: PS warrior, chronomancer. Even druid, really, if you substitute heals for DPS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Witch Doctor themes fit torch very well, with marsh wisps and whatever. Scourge should be mummy-inspired instead.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Necromancer

SlippyCheeze.5483

Witch Doctor themes fit torch very well, with marsh wisps and whatever. Scourge should be mummy-inspired instead.

The most important question is, of course, “Tom Cruise kittenty remake Mummy”, or “Brendan Fraiser classic Mummy”