Please class designers, look at these traits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nekres.1038

Nekres.1038

Hello, since months some traits are badly designed for PvP that their shouldn’t be in their position (master, grandmaster trait etc.)
This may be a reason to separate PvE/PvP balancing like in GW1.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spiteful_Talisman
- This trait is in the first three slots of Spite alongside Spiteful renewal and Bitter Chill.
Basically, you do 5% more damage to enemies without boons, which in PvP is almost never the case and when it is, the damage increase is so low that its just not worth picking it at all.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soul_Marks
- This trait has way more utility in PvP than its positional counterparts Unyielding Blast and Speed Of Shadow.
Remember when the ranger got his traits which gave him 100% bonus speed on his bow, as class mechanic shipped? I feel like they should do the same thing with the ‘Unblockable Staff skills’ part of Soul marks to give it more of a decision to take, not a ‘I can’t go without it’-feel..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spiteful_Talisman
- This trait is in the first three slots of Spite alongside Spiteful renewal and Bitter Chill.
Basically, you do 5% more damage to enemies without boons, which in PvP is almost never the case and when it is, the damage increase is so low that its just not worth picking it at all.

Spiteful Talisman is ok. Reduces cooldown on Chill of Death for power builds and does more for dps in PvE than the other two options, which are useless there since vuln is always maxed and conditions are rarely ever a problem. Renewal is by far the worst option. Both Bitter Chill and Talisman have their place.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I dislike Spiteful Talisman. The damage bonus it uses is either always or almost never active: there is no play around it. Boons come too fast in PvP and in PvE the foes that do have boons, pulse them.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

As a guardian I feel your pain.

Nearly 50% of the guardians core traits & utility skills are absolute crap that nobody in their right mind would ever want to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

When I looked at the title I though it would be about :

- Spitfull spirit : shame that one of the best elite in GW1 has be reduced to that
- Master of Corruption : which could be renamed Stupidly masochist
- Parasitic Contagion : which simply does not have any way to be used since it has been released.
- Unholy martyr : Realead at the same time as Parasitic contagion (That was a very sad record to release 2 useless GM trait at the same time out of 3 GM trait released).
- Soul eater : I will just say that the life siphon on gravedigger is a big let down when you see core profession GS’s traits like Zealous blade or the totally broken Forcefull greatsword.

As for the 2 traits of the OP, at least they are usefull in some area of the game and you don’t kill yourself or have to waste precious utlities with them.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Relentless Pursuit, Soul Eater, and Reaper’s Onslaught were all designed to support (PvE) HoT mob train events. Try them in a Dragon’s Stand zerg. They are useful, though not outstanding.

They could use some work to broaden their application.

Spiteful Talisman is nothing more than a CD reduction I feel I have to take. Most of Necromancer’s old weapons could use some functional rebalancing. Scepter and dagger have already had it.