Please explain Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: xitsLuisx.2480

xitsLuisx.2480

Consume Conditions? Plague while running Master of Corruption will Poison and blind yourself? Higher cooldown on CoCo?

None of this makes sense, I wish I could just see what you planned with these changes..

in Necromancer

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

They planned necro tears. They’re definitely getting some from me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flimzy.1837

Flimzy.1837

Consume Conditions now gives you a condition because they wanted to add a skill tag to it. They felt like a skill tag would give it a kind of depth because you would be able to trait it, and so they could maybe add more runes for skill tags. Because they gave it a skill tag, they had to raise it’s cooldown, in case you might trait for it. I strongly disagree with this choice, as it invalidates the first point, but they did it with a lot of skills, not just CC.

Then, as a separate decision, they wanted to make the trait for the “corruptions” skill tag more interesting (Again, they did this with many traits among the professions.) To fit the theme of the skills in the first place, they made the recharge more powerful than most, and gave it a penalty.

They then chose poison/bleed for the heal because they already did vuln and those are the second best fits for the inverse to healing. My understanding is that they used transfers like plague signet as justification for your heal doing this to you, and would probably explain themselves by saying it adds counterplay or whathaveyou.

So that’s it, really. It’s a bunch of semi-innocent design choices resulting in a pretty big mess for reasons I feel you already understand.

(edited by Flimzy.1837)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mauvs.1605

Mauvs.1605

I’m play this game for like one year and a half, and always have been a passive reader of this forum and reddit. I’m so sad that I need to post something.
Its changes on necro make me hopeless. Anet never will realy care with the necro community. I cant wait for charity of ppl how show explicitly no respect for us all the time.
I just need to say, I’m realy sad with all devs how make all necros cryring.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

3 more years to go.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

My friend has quit playing because the necro nerfs destroyed his ability to play his favorite class competitively against other classes.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

The consume conditions change is the second dumbest thing I’ve ever seen (the first being the destruction of the P/P thief who wasn’t even overpowered by any stretch of the imagination). Totally counter-intuitive given that it’s supposed to… oh you know… CLEANSE YOUR CONDITIONS! But hey, why not make it add 10 stacks of vulnerability? That sounds like an awesome change that I can’t wait to try out for myself!

in Necromancer

Mauvs.1605

“So in short. You cast Consume Conditions, you end up with 13 stacks of Vulnerability, Blind, Chill and possibly get some damage (further increased by Vuln). Have fun!

by rym1469(reddit)

(edited by Mauvs.1605)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

To Consume Conditions, they could add a condition to it if they want to keep the “theme”, but not hard as they implemented, something like 3 stacks of vulnerability would make more sense, or other condition. If they already nerfed increasing the cooldown, why apply so many stacks?

Sorry for my english.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

To Consume Conditions, they could add a condition to it if they want to keep the “theme”, but not hard as they implemented, something like 3 stacks of vulnerability would make more sense, or other condition. If they already nerfed increasing the cooldown, why apply so many stacks?

Probably because they want to see Necros use other heals. The problem is that none of the other heals are worth slotting (not even the upcoming shout).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Probably because they want to see Necros use other heals. The problem is that none of the other heals are worth slotting (not even the upcoming shout).

Prayer to Dwayna is the new best heal Necros have access to…

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

WTF is Anet on?

this was bad decision… they been making lots of those lately…

in Necromancer

Mauvs.1605

WTF is Anet on?

this was bad decision… they been making lots of those lately…

I think the change in necro are certainly the worst and most pointless decisions. And even if they change it later, the necro will remain the only class that was not improved. Then pos patch will be even worse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

What other heals?
They’re not viable at all.
I asked to give some changes to Well of Blood because it can be a nice, viable and rival with Consume Conditions.

Siphoning also is bad and not viable.

As Trait changes are good, there is no excuse to put a nail into the ONLY viable healing skill Necromancer has, which also has a great impact on sustain.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Trait for Master of Corruption, and then Staff 4, Dagger 4, or Well of Power right after Consume Conditions FTW?

If you’re running Shrouded Removal, you can just pop back into Shroud and remove those conditions. If you trait for Vampiric Rituals, you’ll get double Protection duration when casting Well of Power.

This latest change might seem detrimental on the surface, but it can synergize well with existing Necro skills both defensively and offensively.

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Trait for Master of Corruption, and then Staff 4, Dagger 4, or Well of Power right after Consume Conditions FTW?

If you’re running Shrouded Removal, you can just pop back into Shroud and remove those conditions. If you trait for Vampiric Rituals, you’ll get double Protection duration when casting Well of Power.

This latest change might seem detrimental on the surface, but it can synergize well with existing Necro skills both defensively and offensively.

The thing is why waste a good condi cleans for using a skill? This is only good is your opponents condition application is lower than your transfers/cleanses which is unlikely to happen.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

The thing is why waste a good condi cleans for using a skill? This is only good is your opponents condition application is lower than your transfers/cleanses which is unlikely to happen.

It’s not a waste of good skill.
It’s a terrible usage.
10 stacks of Vulnerability for 4 seconds.

Sorry, it’s meant to give your opponent +10% damage on you, not vice versa.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I’ve played against a lot of necros in PvP, and the majority are extremely dangerous power/condi builds, with lots of utility from chill, fear and cripple. Add well timed shroud sustain to that too. On my Mes close combat isn’t an option with most necros, especially those packing wells. Being on the receiving end of a good necro is a real challenge. Can you tell me how the new specs will change any of that?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Just play blood and/or reaper and they’ll fix other builds when they notice nobody playing them.

I’ve played against a lot of necros in PvP, and the majority are extremely dangerous power/condi builds, with lots of utility from chill, fear and cripple. Add well timed shroud sustain to that too. On my Mes close combat isn’t an option with most necros, especially those packing wells. Being on the receiving end of a good necro is a real challenge. Can you tell me how the new specs will change any of that?

Wells are getting buffed (all the well traits merged into one) and more builds will have access to damage traits so it’s only gonna get harder to face a good necro. Don’t listen to these whiners.

(edited by Khristophoros.7194)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s not a strong nerf. The vulnerability won’t really affect me. Just cleanse it with something else or send it to a foe etc.

BTW: Wrong sub forum. Move it to the necro threads.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

It’s not a strong nerf. The vulnerability won’t really affect me. Just cleanse it with something else or send it to a foe etc.

BTW: Wrong sub forum. Move it to the necro threads.

Cleanse maybe, but that would involve shrouded removal which may end up being a waste. ITs an utter waste to attempt to transfer it as it lasts 4 seconds and by doing so in an escape situation you retain combat status much longer (having to face the opponent to transfe, etc.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Point granted, Kill, but imo the CoCo skill was extremely strong, if not the best heal in the game – especially that it is not affected by poison which is still a great plus. We’ll see how it works out.

Do not forget that these changes are made with the new reaper in mind. I am quite excited about the whole update since – finally – we have new ways to skill and it takes weeks until the community finds the new meta.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Necromancer

Posted by: dood.7526

dood.7526

Point granted, Kill, but imo the CoCo skill was extremely strong, if not the best heal in the game – especially that it is not affected by poison which is still a great plus. We’ll see how it works out.

Do not forget that these changes are made with the new reaper in mind. I am quite excited about the whole update since – finally – we have new ways to skill and it takes weeks until the community finds the new meta.

A lot of changes have a potential upside to them. This is one of those changes that’s just a complete net negative. In the complete lack of any active defense, health is our only option. Our heals are supposed to be strong.

And the reaper won’t be out for months. I doubt even Anet would do something like that. Both core and reaper are subject to change.

in Necromancer

Mauvs.1605

so kill the cond necro because the reaper will be OP? sorry, I’m still crying because my most expected build was cond necro, not the reaper.
If CC was the better heal skill this this game its because necro dont have many others defensives abilities. So the skill many was OP if u look just on it alone, but the big picture was not even a little bit too strong.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

They then chose poison/bleed for the heal because they already did vuln and those are the second best fits for the inverse to healing. My understanding is that they used transfers like plague signet as justification for your heal doing this to you, and would probably explain themselves by saying it adds counterplay or whathaveyou.

Necro: So OP they counterplay themselves.

in Necromancer

Mauvs.1605

Anet’s master plan its transfer a lot of the necro community to the eng. We just dont get this yet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

Probably because they want to see Necros use other heals.

More like they want necros to play another class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Anet’s master plan its transfer a lot of the necro community to the eng. We just dont get this yet.

The way I see it, Anet’s approach toward Engi is: “boost everything, then boost them some more!”. They probably want every class to switch to Engi.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

From my point of view they clearly want to shift necromancers habit. The change to CC is supported by an increased ability to deal with condition through trait instead of relying on Consume condition.

At first glance, because we all rely heavily on CC, the nerf is huge, even unbearable. But through traits, you will be able to cope with this even if you are using other heal skill thanks to shroud removal or plague sending (even the CD reduction on plague signet support this idea). Having this in mind I understand that they want to limit our use of CC that is the very best condition cleanse in game.

The real issue in this (and that’s another current necromancer’s issue), is that they are shifting an inoffensive reliance on a skill (thing that wasn’t a real bother) to a huge reliance on few very strong traits. Siphons were already nerfed to the ground due to vampiric ritual and vampiric master potential, now our condi removal is undirectly tied to the fact that we may take plague sending / plague signet and buff them with signet of suffering (Which look even more frigthening due to the low CD Blood bound).

Also, I think they overthink things with Master of corruption. In the way they may see it, adding a condition to the corruption skills may be a buff if you trait plague sending. And in a way, I feel like it’s totally understandable. But it doesn’t change the fact that it will hurt a lot and that it restrain the necromancer in few build that will heavily rely on few key traits.

One thing is certain, these change clearly buff the necro in the actual PvP meta, because it mostly buff a lot the boon hate necromancer and that can’t be bad in this heavily boon reliant meta. To support this, it’s important to see that most boon junky build will lose 30% boon duration which will probably enhance even more the impact of boon corruption ability.

NB. : If plague had been made into a moving well they could have switch the transformation skill into what does actual well thing that would have satisfy almost every build possible. (Leaving out well of blood , we would have had 4 skills either doing damage, boon corruption, blind or condi to boon support)

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.