Please, nerf us.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leinhart.2981

Leinhart.2981

Hi,

I play necromancer since the release, my main is now my reaper, of course.

It’s a way too easy to play through the jungle, not as challenging as with an other profession. The reaper is amazing, maybe too amazing IMO. It’s fun to play, but too easy. Please Anet, offer us more challenge, nerf us.

I’m not interested in the other professions, I don’t want to reroll.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Naustis.8510

Naustis.8510

GTFO)…….

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

lol
Reaper is just fine, really.

Also, how can you even judge that Reaper has an easier time than the other classes in the jungle if you’re not interested in them? Because this implies you a) don’t have any other classes or b) don’t play them often so you’re not as knowledgeable/used to them and thus perform worse than on the Necro you play a lot with and know from the inside out.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Leinhart.2981

I tried Elem/tempest ranger/druid and chronomancer/mesmer by myself, and talked with my guild about the other ones.

I’m actually interested in every classes, but not as my necro… I have more than 500 hours with both my elem and my mesmer, and probably 100/150h with my ranger

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

I tried Elem/tempest ranger/druid and chronomancer/mesmer by myself, and talked with my guild about the other ones.

I’m actually interested in every classes, but not as my necro… I have more than 500 hours with both my elem and my mesmer, and probably 100/150h with my ranger

Go back to your ELe necro is not the class for u

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

NovaanVerdiano.6174

idk, I tried Engi, Ele, Rev and Necro. The class I facerolled the most with was Ele, Fire Staff just did pretty much all the work. I also suck badly at Ele despite having a few hundred hours clocked.
Necro gets an advantage during longer fights, since you can withstand quite a lot in comparison to everyone else, even more so when going DM; but that’s how it’s meant to be, nerfing this would mean you’re nerfing one of the “cornerstones” of the Necro, so to speak.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darkwalker.3968

Darkwalker.3968

You want a challenge? Play spectal blood/death/curses. Have fun. Why are there so many “reapers” coming out of the woodwork asking for nerfs?

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

You want a challenge? Play spectal blood/death/curses. Have fun. Why are there so many “reapers” coming out of the woodwork asking for nerfs?

Dont feed the trolls ! they are just jealous they are bad ^^

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

What is this face roll build that everyone is using to dominate the jungle? Bc I sure could use some help!

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rhizo.5089

Rhizo.5089

You need to give specifics on how we are OP. Others would like to know too. So, you need to put up or shut up on builds and tactics or Anet needs to lock down this troll thread.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I like how OP used Open World PvE to judge whether we’re OP.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Coffee, and a troll thread. My morning is off to a great start.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Leinhart.2981

I am honnestly a necromancer, Leinhart Nox, if you want to talk directly to me IG…

Why the necro isn’t a class for me? I played it since the release with no problem at all…

I just give my personal feedback about the reaper. Too strong, not enough challenging. If you like to play an easy class, it’s OK for me, I don’t judge you… I just want to launch a real debate about the reaper. Now, a lot of people are necromancer because the prof is strong. Before HoT, we were a huge minority IG, rejected by the mass because of our “lack of DPS and general utility”.

The “mass reroll effect” isn’t a coincidence… Just admit it. It’s better to communicate with the devs for a correct nerf than a surprise one…

(edited by Leinhart.2981)

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

inb4 the lfg’s start saying no reaper and OP eats his words

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

OP isn’t talking about dungeon/raid LFGs. He’s talking about the jungle.

I’ve been loving my Reaper out in the jungle, personally. Built for tankiness with Shroud-based damage, and while other people just crumble around me, I keep the wagon train moving. I love being self-sufficient, and that’s what the design is all about.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

OP isn’t talking about dungeon/raid LFGs. He’s talking about the jungle.

I’ve been loving my Reaper out in the jungle, personally. Built for tankiness with Shroud-based damage, and while other people just crumble around me, I keep the wagon train moving. I love being self-sufficient, and that’s what the design is all about.

Well if hes asking for nerfs due to OPness i hope he doesnt think ‘only being useful on open world pve’ would justify nerfs across every game mode.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

OP is just trying to make people angry. If he has a lvl 80 necro, it’s probably a tome character.

Teef master race

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

Just if necro wasn’t fighting for last place in everything except solo’ing new zones of an expansion for the first week or two.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

I am honnestly a necromancer, Leinhart Nox, if you want to talk directly to me IG…

Why the necro isn’t a class for me? I played it since the release with no problem at all…

I just give my personal feedback about the reaper. Too strong, not enough challenging. If you like to play an easy class, it’s OK for me, I don’t judge you… I just want to launch a real debate about the reaper. Now, a lot of people are necromancer because the prof is strong. Before HoT, we were a huge minority IG, rejected by the mass because of our “lack of DPS and general utility”.

The “mass reroll effect” isn’t a coincidence… Just admit it. It’s better to communicate with the devs for a correct nerf than a surprised one, isn’kitten

Strong and fair point but dont write “pls nerf necro” in ur tittle cuz i wasnt even looking for read it in first place, got bored before bed just wanted report for troll.

Now, we already got a terribad change on BB trait even if we asked it ( we knew it was too strong ) but they stomped it with a huge hammer because ppl complain too much and dont take the time to share positive ideas.
Asking for a nerf, without share ideas about what to touch and how change it, is not good at all for the futur of this class.

I play necromancer since the first day i discovered this game and tryed all others class for at least 1 full month each to learn more about their weakness (pvp view).
I main it for solids reasons which cant be understood by most of players in this game because of zerk meta.

My english is rly bad thats a main reason i dont like write that much but i love this class and everytimes i see this kind of thread it make me cry :/

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Substatic.6958

The “mass reroll effect” isn’t a coincidence… Just admit it. It’s better to communicate with the devs for a correct nerf than a surprise one…

I fully expect them to slowly return to their ele/warr once they get tired of solo or open world stuff. They will go back to fractals, pvp, or raids once they find out their old mains are actually still far better at that stuff. That’s just how games work, people gravitate to the actual better performing classes. This will be no different, give it a week or two more.

(edited by Substatic.6958)

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

What is this face roll build that everyone is using to dominate the jungle? Bc I sure could use some help!

Valk/cav mix only. Spite, Reaper Soul Reaping.

100% crit chance, perma 25 might and vuln stacks to go with it.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

You can do all HOT content on any build in the game. No reason at all to balance the game around open world pve when it is as easy as it is. People running valk/cav mixes are wasting their time in open world, no reason to be tanky when you don’t die on the content in glassy gear anyway. Full zerks or full sinister give you the best dps uptime and don’t come with restrictions. Raids might be a different story, but I doubt it.

Also, all the content can be cleared in glassy gear on any class, and reaper’s don’t do the best dps or have the best support. If anything reapers and necros in general will need buffs for raids, but we will have to wait and see.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

Funny that you find reaper OP. If you find it easier than ranger and chrono you definitely have to learn how to play them.
Druid staff have no real dps and yet I complete VB in less than 2h solo while I had only use it for HP before HoT (I don’t like ranger in any game) And the chrono… those wells and the shield so easy to move alone in the jungle.

It is personnal but it make me laugh so hard that you use as exemples the 2 class that I only play now because of how powerful and fun their elite are.

While I was reading the OP it was clear to me that you don’t know what you’re talking about. you have it easier in reaper only because you don’t “know” the others professions of this game as much as you know the necromancer. Also to be fair, HoT is pretty easy once you spend a couple of days in the new maps, no matter what profession you’re playing.
So please don’t ask for something that is clearly not needed. The whole point of the reaper, and necro in general, is that it scale up with the ennemies number and doesn’t require a team. It still provide no buff for his team, no reflect (CPC is great now but destroy and reflect are very different) and have an average DPS. I really don’t see where the nerf is require, in 1v1 situation the reaper is at best “meh” but is great in 1v5 situation wich happen often in the jungle, not in dungeon where you find yourself begging for LF.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

We necros have been asking for buffs since game release because we were heavily nerfed and not pair with others professions. Now we are in equal stand, yes, equal stand. We can be more tough but we certainly lose in other ways, like mobility and burst damage.

Let’s feed the troll! xD

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

Hi,

It’s a way too easy to play through the jungle, not as challenging as with an other profession. The reaper is amazing, maybe too amazing IMO. It’s fun to play, but too easy. Please Anet, offer us more challenge, nerf us.

So what your saying is, you want the open world pve content to be challenging, in an mmo, thats funny.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arth.8617

Arth.8617

I cant see why you wanna nerf necro just because you are bored of opness the jungle . If necro would be nerfed it would be cus too strong in pvp. There is nofact they will nerf necro cus some players want more changeling contents. If so they could boost the bosses so they arent so easy to kill instead of nerf necro. Otherwise we will be weaker in pvp aswell and our dps woulg suck hard. So be carryful about what you wish for..

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: deathike.4623

deathike.4623

Haha what a laugh upload a vid of you doing a hp champ on ur own where it takes 2 to 3 ppl to complete.

Chill to the bone !
Level 80 Necro, elementalist, thief, ranger, mesmer, warrior

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

This is ridiculous.

No pvp GS Reaper would ask for nerfs.

I mean, why do some people think pve is the only mode in the game?

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gristo.4816

Gristo.4816

I think Leinhart is saying that Necro with the new Heal Shout and Shroud is nearly “God Mode”.

As a good necromancer you can be GOD in a Open PvE world. And if they nerf that, I want a big dmg boost. like 60-100%

btw. played more than 2000h necro. Pve. Berserker.

(edited by Gristo.4816)

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

Haha what a laugh upload a vid of you doing a hp champ on ur own where it takes 2 to 3 ppl to complete.

That’s actually easily doable, build MM and necro can solo the HoT champs easily.

In fact that is probably the reason why OP feels this way.

Look op, necro is one of if not THE most self sustained class in the entire game. We reach probably 90% peak efficiency while soloing and 100% when grouping. Other class reach maybe half of their potential while soloing. This is due to how LF can be considered as a huge life steal in some sort of way in addition to easy self sustained might. Which results in great survivability and damage thanks to those two things.

However the two values are drastically decreased in group play which is where balance should be judged upon. Group often times have enough might that renders self stacking might worthless. Passive defense scales poorly in general compared to active defense such as dodge roll(no vigor access), aegis, protecton, mobility etc etc. We give up many many things for LF and it is great for open world play. But for cases balance actually matters? You will see where it start to fall apart.

As for the popularity for Reaper? Is pretty fun, as in it feels and looks great. For example one of the biggest reason why WoW remained at the top is because their control is really really tight, you press a button and it does it immediately. Reaper has this kind of thing where everything feels nice. Plus is a reaper, the concept itself draws many players.

(edited by Warscythes.9307)

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

Are you serious? You made a post on the official forums Asking for a nerf because you think PvE is too easy? Thats pretty stupid and I never post to say something like that.

Jade Quarry [TPA]

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Hi,

BTW much of what you said seems to not fit with the facts. O

1: You’ve been playing since release of the game yet you are afraid to reroll? You only made one character this entire time?

2: “I’m not interested in the other professions, I don’t want to reroll.” And this is where it gets sketchy. I’ve read some of your former posts and you openly admit you play ele, mesmer and ranger.

I think its gone like this: you started playing an elementalist and then a mesmer. You even said yourself you have over 500hrs on each of them. My guess is you already made a chronomancer and a tempest and were maining them before reaper came along.

Reaper was announced in May. Your post about “maining a reaper” in the ele forum was exactly 5 months ago which was… May. As far as I can tell, the Hype got to you so hard that you switched to playing a a reaper after 2 years of maining an ele.

So, you don’t have to reroll, you already have multiple characters/professions and you just sound very disingenuous overall.

You most likey have not mained necro since release and are saying that very loosely to make it seems as though your word should be taken far more seriously.

The reason this kinda upsets me is because you proclaim yourself as some herald of the necromancers lol. Like you’re an official representative or something XD

I mean look, you’re just talking about PvE; and that its “too easy in the jungle”? What do you mean by too easy? What are yo soloing so easily? What are you doing exactly that other classes are having a hard time at?

You need some proof to your claims.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: amiia.8139

amiia.8139

Seriously? Necro-Reaper has nothing significant to offer compared to other elites. Don’t nerf what is great afterall. Reaper feels like it is in perfect spot right now.

You know what? I got used for these 3 years while playing Necro to that point I need to overcome class weaknesses. But now with Reaper I can easly facetank most of content with Tou/Condi/Prec + a little of heal build (without time limits I could solo all HP).
But it is far way away from being “overpowered” and able to solo. It is fun to play at this point and name for spec really stand for his name.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Honestly i rarely pvp with necro and i dont have a reaper yet, but after fighting some on my warrior with decent condi cleanse to remove chill reaper is no where near op…a few good cc’s and ur in trouble. I think this whole “reaper is op” thing will die as players learn to play against it better, something which takes times and games under your belt to discover

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kholdstare.9608

Kholdstare.9608

I’m gonna call this “ret paladin syndrome”.

In this little-known game called WoW, there was a class called paladin. The paladin had lots of snap burst damage and great tools like self heals and defensive cooldowns that many might call “OP”. These things were in fact pretty good, and let them handle much of the solo content and unorganized pvp with ease. The casual players envied the paladin.

The people with deeper insight, however, saw the reality. The paladin had a low skill cap. At best, it put out middle-to-low end sustained damage in pve and lacked more basic (but essential) tools like a simple gap closer or interrupt for much of its life. And so the paladin saw low representation in all end-game modes because it could be outdone by every other class option.

Reaper has alot of the same traits that made paladin seem OP when it really wasn’t. Just ask yourself what you’re basing your judgement from.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

I have about 1,500 hours on my necromancer. I’ve played my necromancer from the start and when I saw this thread it made me lol. I’ve been kicked out of Pug groups in the past for playing necro and it really sucked. I feel atleast now I have a chance to be somewhat more viable in groups and also be more self sufficient.

I really love the new changes and if you for one come in here asking for nerfs you’re out of your mind. I suppose you don’t realize when ANET nerfs a class they usually gut the class pretty bad. I remember a time when just about everyone was playing Warrior and that was it. I’m glad there a little more diversity now in the classes people are playing atm.

(edited by Brighteluden.2974)

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Valk/cav mix only. Spite, Reaper Soul Reaping.

100% crit chance, perma 25 might and vuln stacks to go with it.

lol, why the vitality and toughness? berserker is tanky enough, and damage is already low enough.

Javonovich, just use spite, soul reaping and reaper, equip as many shouts as you can, and go tear the enemy a new one…

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I’m honestly kind of having a blast on my Reaper, still. I’ve also mostly been running in open world PvE, where I run full zerk with the GS and Staff in a self-sustaining shroud build. It’s fun, and yes, after a few days I’ve learned how to get over the worst of the new challenges. I’m planning soon to begin dipping my toe into Fractals.

In PvP and WvW, during my occasional visits there, I’ve needed to adjust my build towards Dhuumfire and condition gear with a scepter or dagger, and change utilities to focus more on single threats versus big piles of computer-controlled mobs. It admittedly doesn’t feel as strong, but I’d say still definitely viable enough for the defining win to come down to player skill in most encounters. As I try to improve in the game, I’m pretty okay with that.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Yes I agree, necro is OP. It’s like chronomancer tier. Just too strong. What’s even more sickening is necro has been ele tier these past 3 years too. When will Anet learn? Nerf necro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

IMO the most faceroll build is the minion build with Death Magic instead of spite. Take the toughness stacking traits and it’s sort of hard to die. I still use full berserker in that build, BTW. Howeve, the best balance of faceroll and “support” is the blood magic build that includes fast ressing and wells. You can pop everyone up that falls in the meta events and give them Protections while also stopping them from bleeding out.

Minion Faceroll:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCV2gd1AebCs3gFqBTKAUySZxdwSYKkqEUDuUA-TRCEABJcBASZ/hEV/ZLlgMp8zgHAgEHEg20NAwRAAA-e

Wells Faceroll:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnk0At0g10AebCs3gFvBbqBEASAxJwIYFkqDECGUA-TxhFABDcBAA4BAYkyvR2f4MdADq+TVKBBA-e

Spite Build I actually play:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnc0AV2gt0AebCs3glaBLeLOGXjUjh5Q1CqrFAmBA-TBCEABJcBAg4gAko6PbpEkp9HlfG8AAaTHAAHBAA-e

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Fixed that for you.

EDIT – I meant that in a playful way, because after even just a few hours in sPvP games, I find it really amusing how the “everything I don’t play” category is lumped under being faceroll/braindead.

(edited by Cogbyrn.7283)

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kyumy.5370

Kyumy.5370

Oh the content is too easy for you but you still want to play the Reaper ? I have a solution !
Instead of destroying everyone’s build and playstyle because YOU find it too easy, you can also nerf yourself by buying a cheap lvl 5 weapon on the trade post, and use it in the far-too-easy jungle ! That way, you will finally enjoy your Reaper with a brand new difficult content !
(You can also let your armor if it’s still too easy, it really work !)
You’re welcome OP, have a nice day !

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Fixed that for you.

EDIT – I meant that in a playful way, because after even just a few hours in sPvP games, I find it really amusing how the “everything I don’t play” category is lumped under being faceroll/braindead.

I actually play all those builds. It just depends on what I feel like doing. I play a signet/shout build in sPvP. Want to talk about faceroll… lol

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

This is ridiculous.

personally, i wish theyd just split the balancing for pve, pvp, and wvw. that would be the ideal solution. and there are plenty of people who suggest nerfs for things that are good in pvp but garbage in pve

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

This is ridiculous.

personally, i wish theyd just split the balancing for pve, pvp, and wvw. that would be the ideal solution. and there are plenty of people who suggest nerfs for things that are good in pvp but garbage in pve

Splitting PvP and PvE might work, but WvW is just their OWPvP, which is always in a PvE universe. There’s absolutely no way they’ll ever balance something differently between PvE and WvW. In fact, I bet it’s technologically impossible, unless they were to create a separation in the systems (which won’t happen, and would just be confusing if they did).

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Substatic.6958

AAAaaaand today fractal guilds were looking for players again in map chat, guess which was the only class being left out in their list?

NERF NECRO!

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

AAAaaaand today fractal guilds were looking for players again in map chat, guess which was the only class being left out in their list?

I really hope that Anet realizes that that sort of exclusion is a thing… Not that it seems like they’re going to do anything much about it -.-

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

I really hope that Anet realizes that that sort of exclusion is a thing… Not that it seems like they’re going to do anything much about it -.-

The only thing they could do is provide meters in the game. Even if they buffed Necros into the ceiling for some reason, it would probably take a substantial amount of time for that to propagate into the community.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

NovaanVerdiano.6174

NERF NECRO!

Why would you want to play with morons?

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

NERF NECRO!

Why would you want to play with morons?

This is another good point. If nothing else, this is a good litmus test for who you probably don’t want to play with anyway. Not that they are necessarily wrong about Necro being less optimal than other classes for super duper record runs, but I always preferred to play with people, not classes.