Please, nerf us.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

This is ridiculous.

No pvp GS Reaper would ask for nerfs.

I mean, why do some people think pve is the only mode in the game?

personally, i wish theyd just split the balancing for pve, pvp, and wvw. that would be the ideal solution. and there are plenty of people who suggest nerfs for things that are good in pvp but garbage in pve

Splitting PvP and PvE might work, but WvW is just their OWPvP, which is always in a PvE universe. There’s absolutely no way they’ll ever balance something differently between PvE and WvW. In fact, I bet it’s technologically impossible, unless they were to create a separation in the systems (which won’t happen, and would just be confusing if they did).

i dont mind pve and wvw being not split, that fine, but pve and pvp should be split

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

AAAaaaand today fractal guilds were looking for players again in map chat, guess which was the only class being left out in their list?

I really hope that Anet realizes that that sort of exclusion is a thing… Not that it seems like they’re going to do anything much about it -.-

although i dont think its good to exclude people, its up to people who they want in thier groups

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

If they could just nerf his particular necro, that would be funny enough. Maybe 50% damage + HP + LF nerf and then live stream him playing on twitch.

Teef master race

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Instead of nerfing Necromancer, why not make PvE much harder?

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

AAAaaaand today fractal guilds were looking for players again in map chat, guess which was the only class being left out in their list?

I really hope that Anet realizes that that sort of exclusion is a thing… Not that it seems like they’re going to do anything much about it -.-

although i dont think its good to exclude people, its up to people who they want in thier groups

It’s more an issue of excluding an entire class and not giving the players the chance to prove themselves. If you don’t want to play with certain types of people or certain classes/builds at times, fine. But to have it be so common to say no to necros, even now that reaper is out, is completely messed up because, frankly, we’re not a bad profession and can hold our own better than most other professions

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

What is this face roll build that everyone is using to dominate the jungle? Bc I sure could use some help!

Here’s what I’ve been running, and it is pretty face-rolly:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCtbidbCu0A0bilaBT6HM2CYxbxy4ZEqrFAmBA-TRSBABUcRAsUFEa2fgS1PQTJYXK/wT3wCHBAAeAAkCYUhWA-e

Build can self-stack to 25 might, has 100% crit-chance in boss fights (aka, have fury and the target survives long enough to get 25 stax of vuln) and both Gravedigger and Ghastly Claws will go for easily 10k on most targets. Survivability is pretty decent with 2.7k armor (with minions out) and solid control effects (CttB, YaaW, Fear armor) and retaliation just turns the hordes attacking you back on them.

It is great I might refine it a bit more down the road, but it is serving me very very well so far.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

NERF NECRO!

Why would you want to play with morons?

This is another good point. If nothing else, this is a good litmus test for who you probably don’t want to play with anyway. Not that they are necessarily wrong about Necro being less optimal than other classes for super duper record runs, but I always preferred to play with people, not classes.

It’s not even that, but in my experience, most people don’t even know the necro skillset. They’re not even aware what a necro can do. I had it happen so often that people go “why are the enemy projectiles not hitting” when I dropped CPC because I expected everyone else to slack with their defenses, or “how did you teleport + getting me back up without actively reviving me and why are we not bleeding out” when running blood magic. Today I also had someone watching me do the heat room in Thaumanova and he asked me how I was able to leap forward like that while ignoring the speed debuff (I used Death’s Charge which makes the room easily soloable for Necros now and since they changed it so movement skills aren’t affected by movement impairing/enhancing effects… well.)
Yes, there’s other classes that can do lots of things easier than we can, but not taking Necros with you “just because” is a really, really bad sign. Besides, most of those “no necro” groups have no idea about efficiency.

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

Thanks for the faceroll examples. Is condi doomfire faceroll enough, too?

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

I wouldn’t be so quick to say that. Though I will say, I’ve been rolling a Reaper Minion Master w/ cleric gear and the new minion skill “Rise!” and I just destroy everything in my path. Gives me a bit of nostalgia of the old GW1 Minion Master; hoards of minions rampaging across the country side, obliterating anything that moves. So beautiful ;__;

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

What is this face roll build that everyone is using to dominate the jungle? Bc I sure could use some help!

Valk/cav mix only. Spite, Reaper Soul Reaping.

100% crit chance, perma 25 might and vuln stacks to go with it.

lol, why the vitality and toughness? berserker is tanky enough, and damage is already low enough.

Javonovich, just use spite, soul reaping and reaper, equip as many shouts as you can, and go tear the enemy a new one…

he asked for faceroll build, with zerker you need to dodge sometimes, especially in the jungle.

The Toughness Vitality Power Crit damage with passive traits stacking 100% crit chance means you can just facetank everything and still do massive damage. also with those traits and right gear, attaining 60% extra damage bonus is nice.

But it comes down to personal preferences too

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Please, nerf us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

Instead of nerfing Necromancer, why not make PvE much harder?

PvE becoming much harder is a good thing. But not every type of PvE content needs to be super hard.
Especially Open World should stay more casual because people with limited time can easily participate and shouldn’t get frustrated by really challenging mechanics.

Challenges should stay in more controlled environments like dungeons, fractals, raids because there the player numbers are fixed and encounters can be better tuned towards those numbers. Also people who join that kind of content know what they are in for.

Remember MMO’s have a large casual crowd of people that just want to do stuff with other people. If all areas are super hard, you scare those people away and while I also love a challenge, empty servers make a bad game.

Open world Reaper feels nice, sure. But in most open world encounter there are lots of smaller minions (pocket raptor, chak, non elite/veterans within a group of elite/vet/champs) so LF is once again a non Issue.
Try different game modes. Especially the recent Blighters Boon nerf was a pretty hefty hit to sustain (though understandeable).