Please put a delay on DS revert

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReaperStriker.1982

ReaperStriker.1982

Arenanet please put a delay/cooldown on Death Shroud revert, or atleast put an option to toggle the delay/cooldown. I’ve had it with accidentally reverting back from Death Shroud when my lifeforce is still plenty. Sometimes when I lag, and also because of the pressure of battle, I accidentally press the Death Shroud button twice, just as I would when I press a skill button in a hurry. Sometimes because of lag, I thought the server didn’t receive my command to change, so I press it again, but nope, the server actually received my command and my second command only made me revert back. -.- Also you need to time the activation of the Death Shroud with millisecond accuracy. If the cooldown of DS is still 0.3 when you pressed it, nope, not gonna change. Have you fought in real PvP battles, not just with fellow friends and fans (that won’t lick your kitten and give you false impression of PvP)? Sometimes milliseconds is all it takes to determine if you will still have 100 HP from that spike damage or not. I’m sorry, I’m not the smartest person on Earth, sometimes when I panic, I double press Death Shroud (F1). Because there is no delay, like in engineer kits’ delay, the system treats those quick double key presses as separate commands. If only you had a delay, even a quarter second delay, it would ignore the second key press, and all will be well, I would still be in Death Shroud, even when I frantically pressed F1 three times. Also what about those with shaky hands disability, maybe they also accidentally revert back from DS with full lifeforce, because there isn’t a quarter second delay like in grenade kits. I know there are boons you can get from just entering Death Shroud and other mechanics when leaving DS, that’s why I said atleast put the quarter second delay before you can revert back as an option for those who would appreciate it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

Nope, l2p and don’t be so twitchy. Some people use exactly what your doing as an advantage.

It is a personal problem not a mechanics problem.

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: lazycalm.5186

lazycalm.5186

Pro tip:

Press the key only once

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Pro tip:

Press the key only once

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Flashing DS is meant to be an option and there are several traits that proc almost instantly so a double tap is not wasted.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I feel your pain, I’ve done this before at the worst times in a fight before. But still, I would never want to lose the ability to just flash DS for the procs, especially now with the new FitG changes. You just gotta learn to keep calm and only hit that key once.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, flashing is actually a relatively important thing. Just don’t press your keys more than once unless you are having packet loss, at which point this is the least of your worries.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Press DS, nothing happens.
Press DS again, nothing happens.
Push random weapon skills, 1 out of 3 works.
Push DS again cause you’re trying to survive a bomb, nothing happens
Push heal, DS pops and instantly flip back followed by 3s interrupt cd on heal.

Yeah… I wish I had l2p issues. At least that I could try to improve.

in Necromancer

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

Sounds like you have either a bad connection, kittenty keyboard, kittenty computer or a combination of all of them I have never had that happen ever.

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

This change would be most unwelcome to most necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I wouldn’t be averse to a 0.1 second cooldown or something. That would prevent the game from allowing you to accidentally flash when you don’t want to (like when lagging), but functionally it wouldn’t change anything for when you actually need to flash it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

This change would be most unwelcome to most necros.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warshade.2984

Warshade.2984

Sounds like you have either a bad connection, kittenty keyboard, kittenty computer or a combination of all of them I have never had that happen ever.

Obviously you don’t WvW on reset night. :-P

in Necromancer

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Yeah I wouldnt like this cooldown as I flash DS to get stability and stomp enemies. (I dont stay in DS cause then I get no LF obviously). However I do feel you guys with high ping and potato-like routers. They should give us a choice though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Obviously you don’t WvW on reset night. :-P

Regardless of if said person plays wvw or not, adding a delay in DS wouldn’t change this.

You’d still have:

Push heal, DS pops and flips back half a second later followed by 3s interrupt cd on heal.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah