Please revert Speed of Shadows

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I don’t get it.
Why remove the faster CD recharge on Shroud?
Enemies now get 10 whole kitteng seconds to pummel us into the dirt.
7 Seconds was bad enough against good players who knew how to punish you the moment you left shroud.
Now it is 10 WHOLE kitteng seconds.
WTF.

This affects all the other shroud entering/leaving traits too. All nerfed when I can’t utilize them more often.

Why give us faster shroud skills when I can’t enter shroud faster!?
Why give us faster shroud skills when I can’t stay in shroud for long because vital persistence is nerfed?!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I want my shroud Recharge Back T.T

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

I feel like please revert this patch is what you mean

in Necromancer

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

Shroud ends faster, and you have to wait longer to use it again…yea thanks anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: JackOfAllGames.2409

JackOfAllGames.2409

Agreed. Feels a bit like a negative buff to Scourge.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Shroud ends faster, and you have to wait longer to use it again…yea thanks anet.

Reduced survivability and same old (and lame) dps.

in Necromancer

Serenity.6135

Lol what dps, you can just kite a necro, outlast their shroud and kill them before they even get to you.

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Lol what dps, you can just kite a necro, outlast their shroud and kill them before they even get to you.

i cant tell the amount of times i got killed by people that just run away from me while shooting me with ranged abilities to death….

but 1st jump on me with a burst that removes 80% of my shrouds HP….. then just kite till im dead…..

or just simply Knock me down and arround infinitely till both my HP and shroud is gone and im dead….

necros have sooooooo many issues and they nerf it THIS hard is laughable…..

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The Speed of Shadows change was definitely unwarranted.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Serenity.6135

i cant tell the amount of times i got killed by people that just run away from me while shooting me with ranged abilities to death….

but 1st jump on me with a burst that removes 80% of my shrouds HP….. then just kite till im dead…..

or just simply Knock me down and arround infinitely till both my HP and shroud is gone and im dead….

necros have sooooooo many issues and they nerf it THIS hard is laughable…..

Yep, only now its easier! And a bunch of other traits got nerfed along with the Vital Persistence nerf destroying a lot of build synergy. As if it wasn’t bad enough that conditions shredded shroud fast enough. But guess what more condition spam is coming with the elite specs!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fenrir Bartea.5917

Fenrir Bartea.5917

Agreed. This change is terrible for wvw. That extra time out of shroud destroys any counterplay to a daredevil or other fast class. In exchange for what? Some swiftness that does us absolutely zero good up against all the gap openers & closers on literally every other class. Laughable.

in Necromancer

Serenity.6135

Agreed. This change is terrible for wvw. That extra time out of shroud destroys any counterplay to a daredevil or other fast class. In exchange for what? Some swiftness that does us absolutely zero good up against all the gap openers & closers on literally every other class. Laughable.

Dont forget thieves will get a rifle with 1500 range next month. Of course anet wont actually fix broken mechanics like stealth spam, perma dodge/vigor/evades….so that will be fun to fight right?

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

lets not forget how that swiftness will be converted to a Condition almost instantly XDDD

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Serenity.6135

lets not forget how that swiftness will be converted to a Condition almost instantly XDDD

Also swiftness is pretty much useless in combat!

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Also swiftness is pretty much useless in combat!

agree….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

RIP
Necromancer
2012 -2017
Punching bag of all

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

It isnt a case of them playing it or not. They just dont care anymore.

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

It isnt a case of them playing it or not. They just dont care anymore.

btw I think over a year I don’t se a dev post on this forum ^.^

in Necromancer

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

agreed. This inane nerf, combined with the VP nuclear explosion, has destroyed most power builds. Back to condi.

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in Necromancer

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

awful balance patch devs, I hope you’re reading this, just awful. Maybe try running a PTR next time to test your ideas before offloading your dumpster fire mechanics on the game as a whole. Get with it guys. jeez.

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Yeah…rip speed of shadows
only reason i could surprise good players on power reaper

now this makes foot in the grave look even worse in consequence

oh and thanks for removing my movement speed increase that cannot be stripped or corrupted and replacing it with crappy swiftness that gets stolen removed corrupted and then leaving me slower than a camel
ty anet

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Oslaf Beinir.5842)

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Yeah…rip speed of shadows
only reason i could surprise good players on power reaper

now this makes foot in the grave look even worse in consequence

oh and thanks for removing my movement speed increase that cannot be stripped or corrupted and replacing it with crappy swiftness that gets stolen removed corrupted and then leaving me slower than a camel
ty anet

Also as someone posted on reddit, we lost the synergy between the 6 sec Reaper Shroud 2 dash and the 7 Second Shroud CD that Speed of Shadows gave us previously.
RIP dashing around on Reaper which gave us some form of mobility previously.

Now you can’t flash shroud to use the Shroud 2 dash, because the Shroud cooldown is 10 seconds, effectively making your Dash skill CD reduction irrelevant.
The only way to take advantage of the Shroud 2 dash 6 second re-charge is to stay in shroud which just depletes your shroud faster without VP…

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6sk254/whats_with_the_soul_reaping_nerfs/

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

So this trait nerfed all enter/exit traits by proxy. VP nerfed all in death shroud traits by proxy.

I would say this patch made about 20 traits on necro way worse this patch. 20 nerfed traits in a single patch. Hilarious. They nerfed the enabler traits that enabled the other traits to not be useless.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

the combo of Speed of Shadows and VP is what made power builds viable especially if you run GS and dont want to get stuck with it after using its key skills.

speed of shadows also enabled greater use of spiteful spirit and foot in the grave which both had no cooldown. now that goes down the drain.

this is quite sad, we got nothing in return just nothing. all for the sake of scourge which is dead before its release. it is just laughable

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The speed of shadows trait also nerfed the following traits by extension by making them less able to be proc-ed as often (as no ds cd reduction anymore):

Spiteful spirit
Weakening shroud
Shrouded removal
Life from death
Foot in the grave

So all these traits are now much worse as they cannot be combined with speed of shadows.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostt.1293

Ghostt.1293

its a lost cause anet wants necros too be the weakest and ele’s the strongest

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Relentless Pursuit it’s now even more useless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

Anet balance team must be patting themselves on the back now, “yeah boys we did it, these changes are flawless.”

(edited by felincyriac.5981)

in Necromancer

Serenity.6135

Anet balance team must be patting themselves on the back now, “yeah boys we did, these changes are flawless.”

More like…how many expac’s did we just sell?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostt.1293

Ghostt.1293

almost bought the expac lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Thanks ANet! Now even a Scourge can corrupt the swiftness and kite a Reaper to death.

Great change. Scourge has at least one class it can counter! I’m so ready for XPac!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

I’m especially confused by Speed of Shadows (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_of_Shadows) and Relentless Pursuit (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Relentless_Pursuit), which makes me genuinely wonder whether the Dev(s) balancing Necromancer are even aware of it’s Traits, let alone the context of them to other traits.

Vital Persistence being nerfed, essentially because the alternatives are terrible in almost every situation is a bad joke as well, especially since it’s still going to be picked by almost everybody for that exact reason, it’s just also worse now.

For a patch that proclaimed to make Power Reaper a thing, to almost exclusively nerf Power Reaper, on a class that as a whole isn’t meta anywhere but WvW (and even there just for corrupts) is sad in and of itself.

This doesn’t really bode well for the giant design flaws that Scourge seems to have (based on all our current information, in my opinion) to be adressed and really doesn’t help to make me excited for it, as I’m already on the fence of switching classes again after it’s reveal.

If they continue making me switch Professions every expansion because they are completely screwing with the one I’m currently playing, I’m genuinely not sure how many more I can swallow, even as someone playing Guild Wars nearly since launch of Prophecies, growing up with this franchise.

I’m super excited for the content, I just wish they wouldn’t constantly destroy the tools I like to enjoy the content with.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Good luck getting a Dev to even look at this place. They just cover their eyes and plug their ears and scream “lalalalala” until we all give up trying.

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

I’m especially confused by Speed of Shadows (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_of_Shadows) and Relentless Pursuit (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Relentless_Pursuit), which makes me genuinely wonder whether the Dev(s) balancing Necromancer are even aware of it’s Traits, let alone the context of them to other traits.

Vital Persistence being nerfed, essentially because the alternatives are terrible in almost every situation is a bad joke as well, especially since it’s still going to be picked by almost everybody for that exact reason, it’s just also worse now.

For a patch that proclaimed to make Power Reaper a thing, to almost exclusively nerf Power Reaper, on a class that as a whole isn’t meta anywhere but WvW (and even there just for corrupts) is sad in and of itself.

This doesn’t really bode well for the giant design flaws that Scourge seems to have (based on all our current information, in my opinion) to be adressed and really doesn’t help to make me excited for it, as I’m already on the fence of switching classes again after it’s reveal.

If they continue making me switch Professions every expansion because they are completely screwing with the one I’m currently playing, I’m genuinely not sure how many more I can swallow, even as someone playing Guild Wars nearly since launch of Prophecies, growing up with this franchise.

I’m super excited for the content, I just wish they wouldn’t constantly destroy the tools I like to enjoy the content with.

this show’s why they need to work with the player base before they do some stupid balance patch that end up making super op a prof or destroying a wholes class best 2 examples warriors and necro