Potential 50% crit chance in DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

A few said it already in leaked patch thread, but it kinda gets lost and i think it deserves its own thread to explain it to more poeple.

New Grandmaster trait – Deathly Perception: You have a 50% greater critical chance while in Death Shroud.

What this is, is NOT a fixed +50% crit chance while youre in DS. Its meant as a 50% increas in crit , of what u already have. Warriors have a similiar trait for 50 crit increase to stunned foes and it it works in that way.

Example
glass canon with 50% crit chance goes into DS. 50% of 50% = 25% meaning his crit chance in DS is 50% + 25% = 75%

a soldier amulet tank with 20% crit chance goes into DS. 50% of 20% = 10%
his final crit in DS = 20% + 10% = 30%

Basically a *1,5 multiplier of what % u already have.

Edit
Forget it, i had wrong info on the warr trait. I apologize.
A flat +50% chance additive just seemed too good to be true. So we have to wait for the offical patch.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

I dont remember if fury is calculated into that, if it is, its another 10% crit chance.
Though i think fury applies at the end as just a fixed 20% increase.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

What value is there in making presumptions about the implementation of a new trait that is only listed in a set of leaked patch notes that no one can confirm? Just wait a few days and we can test this ourselves.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

A few said it already in leaked patch thread, but it kinda gets lost and i think it deserves its own thread to explain it to more poeple.

New Grandmaster trait – Deathly Perception: You have a 50% greater critical chance while in Death Shroud.

What this is, is NOT a fixed +50% crit chance while youre in DS. Its meant as a 50% increas in crit , of what u already have. Warriors have a similiar trait for 50 crit increase to stunned foes and it it works in that way.

Example
glass canon with 50% crit chance goes into DS. 50% of 50% = 25% meaning his crit chance in DS is 50% + 25% = 75%

a soldier amulet tank with 20% crit chance goes into DS. 50% of 20% = 10%
his final crit in DS = 20% + 10% = 30%

Basically a *1,5 multiplier of what % u already have.

Excellent. A commentary explaining the mechanics of a change we don’t even know for sure is happening.

You don’t know how ANet have decided to work this out, and pretending you do is silly. What’s even sillier is pretending you know for sure that this change is for real.

Fury is +20% crit, and that’s a flat additive 20%, not multiplicative.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Well a lot of ppl understood it as a flat increase, which would be totaly out of balance.

What i wanted was to remind, that given on already existing mechanics ingame, this would be an average 10-25% increase for a 30pt trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Flumek, it’s only while in DS, so it’ll only really affect LB and DS4. The others don’t benefit from crits. Therefore your statement is MUST be multiplicative for balance reasons doesn’t stand.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

IMO im having more problems getting my life blast to hit, since 1 is block/blind, 2 is evade, and after 3-4s in DS im often below the 50% mark which means less dmg and time to get out. So such a mechanic would mean the 50% lower dmg while under 50% LF is here to stay. It basicaly ensures that the one strong LifeBlast u get off WILL crit.

Wheather the leaks are true or not, we will see. They may also be a complete list of changes they have planned in stock, of which only the chosen ones are implemented each patch.
They DO propose some interesting changes for all proffesions, and the forums here are meant to discuss them.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Those both skills already hit big. With 50% crit chance and 50crit. dmg u get total dmg score of 1,500. with 100% crit chance and 50crit.dmg u get total score of 2,000.

No other class has a trait which increases their base dmg value for +50%. The main killing traits give +20% dmg while enemy under 50%hp for example.

It would also make no need for necros to go zerker, Ascii uses i think cavalier (power,thoughness,crit. dmg) set and has 50% crit chance, 70%crit.dmg and 2800 armor.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daddy.1825

Daddy.1825

being a grandmaster in soul reaping is a turn off

in Necromancer

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

When you use a well and turn on DS, the well should profit from the increased critchanche, too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

When you use a well and turn on DS, the well should profit from the increased critchanche, too.

That is a terrifying thought…. but I guess its a similar thing with lich.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plankie.6287

Plankie.6287

Uh, the warrior trait does NOT work that way. It’s simply +50% crit chance vs stunned foes. I sometimes use it at low crit chance (let’s say 10%) and with fury I get 80% crit chance. 50 + 10 +20!

NOT (10×1.5) + 20 or (10+20) x 1.5.

I’m pretty sure the DS trait would work the same way, just adding 50% crit chance on top of what you already have.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

No other class has a trait which increases their base dmg value for +50%. The main killing traits give +20% dmg while enemy under 50%hp for example.

Engineers actually have the Grenadier trait, which makes the grenade kit skills toss three grenades instead of two, a 50% increase in both damage, and condition stacks applied. It also gives +25% range, increasing 1200 to 1500 range.

It’s pretty cool.

(edited by Weirwynn.2390)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

How many times did i tell “you guys” (as in about 200 people that kept going into curses – but we need precision !), for glass cannoning you go into Soul Reaping and Spite not Curses… we have enough precision regardless…

The fact we have a bit of power related bonuses in curses means that they were placed there for hybrid builds to function…
But noooooooo… I said DS 1 should be the auto-attack for a glass cannon build, but noooooooo… I told you all to play the necromancer more or less as intended, but nooooo…

Who’s laughing now eh ?!

PS: sorry i had to say it, had to get it out of my system, it’s been on my mind ever since i first read the patch notes…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

How many times did i tell “you guys” (as in about 200 people that kept going into curses – but we need precision !), for glass cannoning you go into Soul Reaping and Spite not Curses… we have enough precision regardless…

The fact we have a bit of power related bonuses in curses means that they were placed there for hybrid builds to function…
But noooooooo… I said DS 1 should be the auto-attack for a glass cannon build, but noooooooo… I told you all to play the necromancer more or less as intended, but nooooo…

Who’s laughing now eh ?!

PS: sorry i had to say it, had to get it out of my system, it’s been on my mind ever since i first read the patch notes…

that’s quite the little tirade over a talent change that may or may not be real yet.

as it sits now though precision is still better, a trait like that obviously aims to close that gap more whether it is real or not.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

I apologize, I had wrong info on the warr trait. The weaker multiplicative version just seemed more believable to me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Considering this only affects your crit chance while in DS, I wouldn’t be surprised with a flat increase. However for this trait to multiply your current crit chance by 1.5 sounds a bit more logical to me.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dragnier.6014

Dragnier.6014

The math seems off. I have now checked this talent and it doesn’t work that way. It doesn’t even work as stated, so I think it’s broken.

Using two diff sets of gear to check how it changes my crit chance:

29% → 49%

51% → 71%

So it seems to currently be a flat 20% increase.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I used it with 4% crit chance, and I was critting about every 2 hits.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morvian.3270

Morvian.3270

I was able to crit 100% of the time earlier today in the mists with a 50% starting crit chance. I haven’t tested since the second patch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: In It To Win It.2315

In It To Win It.2315

It is still a flat 50% bonus. Also I have a sneaking suspicion that it applies to lich form as well.

I’m In It To Win It.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

It is still a flat 50% bonus. Also I have a sneaking suspicion that it applies to lich form as well.

As in, on top of the 40~% bonus that Lich Form gave already?

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

In It To Win It.2315

Sure feels like nearly 100% in lich form. Others please confirm or deny.

I’m In It To Win It.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I almost wonder if Reaper’s Precision might work well with this setup, especially with Life Transfer having up to 45 chances to crit. Since 100% crit chance is easy now, that would mean Reaper’s Precision on average would give you 15% life force when you use Life Transfer in a group. Pretty sizeable amount, really.

That said, I’d still probably be running Weakening Shroud instead, but oh well.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

In It To Win It.2315

I use reaper’s precision but I am unsure if we are actually gaining LF in DS

I’m In It To Win It.