Power Necro WvW

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: rjiles.7503

rjiles.7503

Can someone link a power zerg necro build?

Tried out Ascii Wellomancer, but wanted to try something else.

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asura.5301

Asura.5301

depends on what you want to do:
if you want to stay ranged an deal damage and only get close when you have deathshroud up: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmODbkRrSPTTcjfThIV4agK4eRKKmhh6BAgOfIA-jkyAYLBZCCGZJQUB4sHR0aCEsNUENWtNmyFQFvoapAsaZE-w
the equipment can be changed but you should try to keep 2,6k armor, 30% critchance and about 20k health, with this you wont instantly die if you get hit and you will have 100% critchance for 5 sec when in deathshroud (20% from fury+50% from deathly perception). A good tactic is to drop your wells and then switch to deathshroud. The first trait in the soul reaping tree is variable depending on what you prefere.

for melee you can use the same trait setup but you should try to reach about 3k armor

hope this can help you

(edited by Asura.5301)

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Above build is very solid; I use it a bit as well.

You could try this; move points from spite or curses to death as needed. I use hoelbrak for the condi duration and power combo; melandru is just too costly for me as necro is not my main and ascended crafting is killing me. And honestly I should get another energy sigil to replace the force one. I don’t even remember what the sigils exactly were either, lol.

Mine is a perma-swiftness Death Shroud/power build so note that it relies a lot on active defense and is nowhere near as tough as the other builds mentioned here; so you’ll die if you don’t use DS frequently for obvious reasons.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.0|8.1g.h2.g.1g.h1.0.0.0|6.1g.h1j.0.0.0|1c.79.1n.79.1c.79.1n.79.1n.79.1c.79|4s.0.2s.d13.3s.d16.2s.d13.3s.d16.3s.d16|a6.u468.0.0.u46b|16.2|3r.4d.4c.48.0|e

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

You could try this; move points from spite or curses to death as needed. I use hoelbrak for the condi duration and power combo; melandru is just too costly for me as necro is not my main and ascended crafting is killing me. And honestly I should get another energy sigil to replace the force one. I don’t even remember what the sigils exactly were either, lol.

Mine is a perma-swiftness Death Shroud/power build so note that it relies a lot on active defense and is nowhere near as tough as the other builds mentioned here; so you’ll die if you don’t use DS frequently for obvious reasons.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.0|8.1g.h2.g.1g.h1.0.0.0|6.1g.h1j.0.0.0|1c.79.1n.79.1c.79.1n.79.1n.79.1c.79|4s.0.2s.d13.3s.d16.2s.d13.3s.d16.3s.d16|a6.u468.0.0.u46b|16.2|3r.4d.4c.48.0|e

There are a lot of things to like about this build. The armor is a bit thin but as a damage-focused build, this is to be expected. The combo of FitG, SWalk, 1 Sigil of Energy and – condition duration from Hoelbreks (nice synergy with might duration and Spite 5) and food add greatly to the survivability.

I also like the way that it uses Furious Demise in conjunction with a high base crit chance and DS CD reduction which provides, at maximum, 70% crit chance for 5 sec every 7 sec of CD (although it should not be used in this way). IMO, Deathly Perception is vastly overrated because it locks you into a DS-spamming play style and kills the versatility of our core mechanic.

As I said, I think the armor is a touch thin for my tastes. I’d probably go something closer to this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQQQNBmODbkRrSvbTbjfTRIV4aQFefkiipMqHrDdnD-jQyAYfBZCCMhJQJwioxWBLiGruGT5CofXUt9uIa1SBwkwI-e

It’s got significantly more armor and a bit more crit chance but trades it for power and a chunk of crit damage. I think the power issue can be overcome by the inclusion of Bloodlust sigils as the tankiness puts less pressure to have Energy but at the end of the day, this build will not hit as hard as yours. The build is more traited toward small group but can easily be changed to trait Focused Rituals and run wells for effective frontline zerging.

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Ah, that’s similar the build I recommend to people and I’ve used it quite a bit myself; that’s more all around and honestly the knights armor seems like a good idea— we don’t actually have much in the name of sustain so armor > health for a necro. Spectral armor/wall is useful as well. I don’t even run Ritual Mastery so ditching suffering for something else isn’t out of the question. Blood is Power/Master of Corruption is one choice, for example.

Near to Death is interesting as well though I’ve never been able to use it to its full potential. Still, stability every 7 seconds is seriously strong if you can maintain it.

And yea I’m always thinking “couldn’t we get more damage?” from Death Perception, but honestly there’s better trees than soul reaping if you want to get damage. I think it just takes one knockdown for you to lose all your dps.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

There are a lot of things to like about this build. The armor is a bit thin but as a damage-focused build, this is to be expected. The combo of FitG, SWalk, 1 Sigil of Energy and – condition duration from Hoelbreks (nice synergy with might duration and Spite 5) and food add greatly to the survivability.

I also like the way that it uses Furious Demise in conjunction with a high base crit chance and DS CD reduction which provides, at maximum, 70% crit chance for 5 sec every 7 sec of CD (although it should not be used in this way). IMO, Deathly Perception is vastly overrated because it locks you into a DS-spamming play style and kills the versatility of our core mechanic.

As I said, I think the armor is a touch thin for my tastes. I’d probably go something closer to this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQQQNBmODbkRrSvbTbjfTRIV4aQFefkiipMqHrDdnD-jQyAYfBZCCMhJQJwioxWBLiGruGT5CofXUt9uIa1SBwkwI-e

It’s got significantly more armor and a bit more crit chance but trades it for power and a chunk of crit damage. I think the power issue can be overcome by the inclusion of Bloodlust sigils as the tankiness puts less pressure to have Energy but at the end of the day, this build will not hit as hard as yours. The build is more traited toward small group but can easily be changed to trait Focused Rituals and run wells for effective frontline zerging.

The main issue I have with this build comes from this thread and analysis …

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Damage-Power-Precision-and-Golden-Ratios/first#post2851306

Regardless of the validity of the deeper analysis, it seems to clear to me that you should never have more precision than power.

I’ve run Ascii’s build for a good while, but have been experimenting with different 30 SR builds lately. After reading that crit analysis, and thinking about how I want to play in large group WvW, I came up with the following build …

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBHhZakRLcvSTTjfPBApY3ajUM8yUPKH9zB-j0CBYfCi0HBiIAM7RQMBSZtMqIasabYKXQqYDp2cWRzgWoWKAmEGB-w

My targets with the build was 2,000 Power, 30%+ crit chance and 2,800 armor. I fell short on the Armor goal, as getting Toughness without Knights can be a challenge, but I got close and feel comfortable at the 2,700 mark. This also gets close to the “golden ratio” in the above linked thread when you include the 250 power from 25 stacks of Bloodlust. I’m still not decided on sigils, so I through Energy in the build for the time being.

Anyhoo, another option to consider if you like the look of it.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQFAWjMaV6ZaGb8bKEJFXzzAV49iKMMUPcn15DB-jECBoiAEEAJPFRjtMsIasaGYqSJV5SQ2bQZVKAZFGB-w

this is my next test power build. what i have atm (trinket wise). traits are 10/10/20/0/30. its mainly for wvw zergs. aoe focused dmg, with high power, crit dmg, 50%+ of critical chance, some vit and toug.

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Nagato no Kami.4980

The main issue I have with this build comes from this thread and analysis …

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Damage-Power-Precision-and-Golden-Ratios/first#post2851306

Regardless of the validity of the deeper analysis, it seems to clear to me that you should never have more precision than power.

I’ve run Ascii’s build for a good while, but have been experimenting with different 30 SR builds lately. After reading that crit analysis, and thinking about how I want to play in large group WvW, I came up with the following build …

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBHhZakRLcvSTTjfPBApY3ajUM8yUPKH9zB-j0CBYfCi0HBiIAM7RQMBSZtMqIasabYKXQqYDp2cWRzgWoWKAmEGB-w

My targets with the build was 2,000 Power, 30%+ crit chance and 2,800 armor. I fell short on the Armor goal, as getting Toughness without Knights can be a challenge, but I got close and feel comfortable at the 2,700 mark. This also gets close to the “golden ratio” in the above linked thread when you include the 250 power from 25 stacks of Bloodlust. I’m still not decided on sigils, so I through Energy in the build for the time being.

Anyhoo, another option to consider if you like the look of it.

Thanks for showing me this. I’m disappointed there wasn’t a more conclusive answer as to the correct ratio of power/crit but both numbers agree that it should be somewhere between 1.4 to 1.6. In the build’s defense, the main reason for the extremely high crits was to stack might quickly but even with this (and Bloodlust), the build’s ratio was quite a bit off.

I really liked your build. Very nice stats all around. You mentioned being a bit short on your 2800 goal for armor. How about this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBHhZakRLcvSTTjfPBApY3ajUM8yUPKH9zB-jkCBYfCi0HBiIAM7BKBiIjtMqIasabYqYER1mzKaG0C1SBwkwI-w

It changed the ratio (and lost some vitality) but the post didn’t factor in crit damage. I assume as it goes up, the power/precision ratio goes down as more of the damage burden can be met by critical hits. Given the build’s superior crit damage, I wonder if this is fine? If not, going with Reaper’s Might could help even out the difference.

How is the testing on the build going? I was curious about the sustain. The lower armor isn’t fatal considering Lemongrass/Melandrus/FitG but, does it make it much harder to stay in a fight for very long? I am currently running an extremely durable 0/20/20/0/30 FitG well build with 3100+ armor and even then during some long, tough fights, I find myself missing the siphon heals. Maybe I’ll try a fairly wonky 0/10/10/20/30 build but giving up Banshee/Chilling Darkness is tough to do.

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: crochip.2389

crochip.2389

This is the current raid spec i’m using:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQQQNAW3YjMaV6haaa87JgJFdPekihLm6R5ofOA-jUDBYLCyEEwkFBK7BNBiIasqpIasKGYKXQaYwqYCpWzoW0DR2nATGAmxA-w

For swiftness i rely on the warriors and eles so warhorn is not needed, and the dagger offers a blind, condi clear and is a source of weakness.
Foot in the grave helps with the lack of stunbreakers.
Transfusion adds a bit of support to this build in addition to damage and blinds which are the main focus.
I’m still experimenting with stats but atm i am comfortable with 1.7k toughness and 22k health without Applied Fortitude.

Maaarrrr | Piken Square | Second Law [Scnd]

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

It changed the ratio (and lost some vitality) but the post didn’t factor in crit damage. I assume as it goes up, the power/precision ratio goes down as more of the damage burden can be met by critical hits. Given the build’s superior crit damage, I wonder if this is fine? If not, going with Reaper’s Might could help even out the difference.

How is the testing on the build going? I was curious about the sustain. The lower armor isn’t fatal considering Lemongrass/Melandrus/FitG but, does it make it much harder to stay in a fight for very long? I am currently running an extremely durable 0/20/20/0/30 FitG well build with 3100+ armor and even then during some long, tough fights, I find myself missing the siphon heals. Maybe I’ll try a fairly wonky 0/10/10/20/30 build but giving up Banshee/Chilling Darkness is tough to do.

Yeah if you look at the golden ratio table, that’s exactly what happens. As you climb the ladder on Crit Damage the ratio declines.

I’ve actually been running with about 2,650 Armor in my setup lately, and even in some pretty intense engagements in our match last week, I was plenty survivable, even with base Vitality. You can’t just bull rush into an enemy’s front line charge, but I’m not sure Necros should be doing that regularly anyways. So I think 2,700ish is doable if you have some experience and know where to be and where not to be. The big question I have right now is how much the Sigil of Blood adds to sustain during a fight. I plan to remove them from my build soon and try to get a feel for it.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Nagato no Kami.4980

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQQQNAW3YjMaV6haaa87JgJFdPekihLm6R5ofOA-jUDBYLCyEEwkFBK7BNBiIasqpIasKGYKXQaYwqYCpWzoW0DR2nATGAmxA-w

For swiftness i rely on the warriors and eles so warhorn is not needed, and the dagger offers a blind, condi clear and is a source of weakness.
Transfusion adds a bit of support to this build in addition to damage and blinds which are the main focus.
I’m still experimenting with stats but atm i am comfortable with 1.7k toughness and 22k health without Applied Fortitude.

Warhorn isn’t for speed. It’s for the AoE stun and mass cripple (which combos extremely well with axe 3 and plague).

I wonder about Transfusion… Considering you don’t have a lot of Healing spec’ed, is this really worth it for the support over Vampiric Precision (better heal for you) or Mark of Evasion (10 sec CD)?

I like the build but the armor’s a bit light for me — especially without Melandrus. I wonder if Blood sigils would improve the sustain?

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: crochip.2389

crochip.2389

Warhorn isn’t for speed. It’s for the AoE stun and mass cripple (which combos extremely well with axe 3 and plague).

I wonder about Transfusion… Considering you don’t have a lot of Healing spec’ed, is this really worth it for the support over Vampiric Precision (better heal for you) or Mark of Evasion (10 sec CD)?

I like the build but the armor’s a bit light for me — especially without Melandrus. I wonder if Blood sigils would improve the sustain?

I still prefer the ofhand dagger although i did run warhorn before the weakness buff. The condi transfer, blind (+ chill from trait) and the aoe weakness is too good to miss for me.

Transfusion is my personal preference. It is about 3k heal on 5 allies without any healing power, and i generaly don’t need the vampiric precision. Don’t really consider mark of evasion worth it, tbh.

Fire sigils are for the extra damage. For gvg’s and tougher fights i have ptv weapons with double energy sigils i switch to. Blood sigils might be good aswell, but i haven’t tried them, so i can’t really judge their effectiveness.

Maaarrrr | Piken Square | Second Law [Scnd]

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

I used a similar build to this in WvW and it is sturdy enough to stand upto zerg v zerg combat and at the same time provide enough damage so that you feel like your actually doing something rather than being a meat shield.

I found that it was also a build that gave me wiggle room if I was running somewhere and got jumped. Some of the builds are great for zerg play but rubbish in small scale and others are great for small scale but rubbish in zergs.

Dagger offhand for me is a must in WvW, as there is way too many conditions flying around. It means no matter what weapon I have on I can get rid of conditions without having to waste DS or my heal to absorb them. Transfusion is a trait that im usure of, I use it because it’s a good group heal but there are times I wish id been more selfish and gave myself something extra to keep me topped up. It’s one of those skills that when you don’t have it, you notice how much it does infact help the group.

I have tried both Foot in the Grave and Deathly Perception with this build and I always choose Foot in the Grave, its just too good to pass up with Hammer warriors being everywhere in WvW. Nothing worse than popping into DS for DS4 to help heal and do damage and within just starting it you get knocked off your feet and its gone.

As I run alot with zergs I tweaked mine to try and help split up that large bulk of players to try make it easier to kill them. So I changed Well of Suffering with Spectral Wall and took off Path of Midnight for Spectral Mastery. With the Well of Darkness blind chill that you get and with Well of Corruption and Spectral Wall, you can thin the herd as your running into them. Add onto this DS4 with transfusion to give out nice heals and I find this is a good way to thin out the zerg enough that you can start picking off the stragglers. This means if you need to make a second run you can pop Plague and watch them as they fall.

I do tend to swap my build alot tho depending on what I plan doing or how im feeling. Just wish there was a save gear and trait setup that you could unlock in order to allow me to change it more easily. But WvW I find this build is one of my favourites as it suits my play style but for PVE inc Dungeons I find other builds that I like more to this one.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Nagato no Kami.4980

@Liquid
Rushing into the face of a hammer train is my purpose in life. XD I mained a guardian before this and my playstyle hasn’t changed much. A bit reckless but fun.

BTW, I really like this thread. It’s like a meeting of the Foot in the Grave Appreciation Society.

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQUQRBHRhG2IkWlemmoGDfiA6x7rlzieUshtMqCrD-jECBoiFRjmiIgUGRORqIasFOFRjVXDT5iIq2grIa1SBwuuK-w

This build requires a decent amount of skill but it can solo camps in under a minute and smashes formations and has the CC necessary to prevent a warrior from getting inside the walls or escaping your damage is straight out instead of condition so those pesky condition removers wont do your enemies any good. Your damage at lv 80 in the full exotics is comparable to a superior arrow cart

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQUQRBHRhG2IkWlemmoGDfiA6x7rlzieUshtMqCrD-jECBoiFRjmiIgUGRORqIasFOFRjVXDT5iIq2grIa1SBwuuK-w

This build requires a decent amount of skill but it can solo camps in under a minute and smashes formations and has the CC necessary to prevent a warrior from getting inside the walls or escaping your damage is straight out instead of condition so those pesky condition removers wont do your enemies any good. Your damage at lv 80 in the full exotics is comparable to a superior arrow cart

With ~900 toughness I would not recommend the setup if you want to go anywhere near a zerg. Even then while roaming, 74% crit is unnecessary due to you gaining fury on DS and your power is quite low for having glass cannon defensive stats.

EDIT also your sigil of strength shares a cooldown so having 2 on 1 weapon set is a waste.

Your toxic oil is a waste for condi duration since you gain nothing from your conditions, considering your toughness I doubt you can be in a fight long enough to make use of the duration. Also your condi damage being at 300 means your damage from it is pointless.

Late Edit: You only have 1 condi clear on a 18s CD which also requires the attack to be successful. Well of blood is far to stationary for a setup of such little defense and should really only be taken over consume conditions if you have ritual mastery and even then its questionable.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

(edited by Zikory.6871)

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Nagato no Kami.4980

With ~900 toughness I would not recommend the setup if you want to go anywhere near a zerg. Even then while roaming, 74% crit is unnecessary due to you gaining fury on DS and your power is quite low for having glass cannon defensive stats.

EDIT also your sigil of strength shares a cooldown so having 2 on 1 weapon set is a waste.

Your toxic oil is a waste for condi duration since you gain nothing from your conditions, considering your toughness I doubt you can be in a fight long enough to make use of the duration. Also your condi damage being at 300 means your damage from it is pointless.

Late Edit: You only have 1 condi clear on a 18s CD which also requires the attack to be successful. Well of blood is far to stationary for a setup of such little defense and should really only be taken over consume conditions if you have ritual mastery and even then its questionable.

+1 to everything Zikory said, especially the part about zerging. With these weapons, you’re going to have to front line with minimal toughness, 1 condi cleanse and no stunbreakers. Quite honestly, you’re going to be vaporized.

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Rangerdeity.5847

like i said it requires skill to handle i use it vs 50 man zergs on a daily basis while im in a 20 man zerg our wins are consistent and i honestly dont need toughness a good necro blinds chills and cripples their enemy to mitigate the damage dealt by the enemy instead of mitigating the incoming damage. also i dont have 2 mights on one weapon set its one on each toxic oil condition duration is for blinds chills and cripples not bleeds or poisons. and well of blood if for the zerg not me focus on running for a zerg as opposed to running in a zerg. with fury and max stacks of perception i am at 104% just a tad overkill but with all the crit damage bonuses i have extra crit hits harder than extra power so i will take overkill. i am a mobile necro who doesnt rely on DS for damage or survival i use it as a tagger to lay some damage on everything around me after i shattered the enemy formation with my wells. then crippled them with my aoe weapon skills. Welcome to the min-max game time to learn meta bro

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Zikory.6871

like i said it requires skill to handle i use it vs 50 man zergs on a daily basis while im in a 20 man zerg our wins are consistent and i honestly dont need toughness a good necro blinds chills and cripples their enemy to mitigate the damage dealt by the enemy instead of mitigating the incoming damage. also i dont have 2 mights on one weapon set its one on each toxic oil condition duration is for blinds chills and cripples not bleeds or poisons. and well of blood if for the zerg not me focus on running for a zerg as opposed to running in a zerg. with fury and max stacks of perception i am at 104% just a tad overkill but with all the crit damage bonuses i have extra crit hits harder than extra power so i will take overkill. i am a mobile necro who doesnt rely on DS for damage or survival i use it as a tagger to lay some damage on everything around me after i shattered the enemy formation with my wells. then crippled them with my aoe weapon skills. Welcome to the min-max game time to learn meta bro

I see I’ll probably be wasting my time even responding but I’ll give it a shot. In your link you have 2 superior sigils of strength on 1 weapon set, just sayin. Also to clear this up mix/max game? if that was the case why would you waste stat points to be “overkill” in fact you are wasting 4 crit chance so you are not min/maxing. You do understand getting over ~50% crit chance on gear is wasting stats? Also if you don’t rely on DS for damage, why are you wasting 2 traits on life blast?

You can say what you want but I highly doubt you are part of any 20 man zerg pushing a 50 man zerg. I bet you spend most of you time on the defensive, drop your wells and pretend you’re a thief on the out skirts. I’ll tell you this, NO GvG or major WvW guild would even consider this build because its bad. You may think you are good with it and thats fine but sadly your toughness alone tells me that this is not a “meta” build at all. You are a glass cannon that hits like a wet noodle compared to a real glass cannon, the power stat dictates how much damage you are going to get from your crit damage and you are nerfing your self by putting so much into crit chance.

How are you a mobile necro? You have no stun breaks, your heal is a well (stationary), no stability out side on Lich form…AND running chilling darkness for blinds/chill and no plague form? You know making a “meta” build take more then picking stuff that looks and sound cool?

Also I should ask, what do you do when you get your 25 stacks? What sigils do you use in there place or do you still with 2 stacking sigils on one weapon set?

TBH dude your build is not a “meta” build, it is NOT min/max by any means, I would not recommend anyone wasting time and effort on this setup…

Zikory – Retired Thief

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Rangerdeity.5847

I see I’ll probably be wasting my time even responding but I’ll give it a shot. In your link you have 2 superior sigils of strength on 1 weapon set, just sayin. Also to clear this up mix/max game? if that was the case why would you waste stat points to be “overkill” in fact you are wasting 4 crit chance so you are not min/maxing. You do understand getting over ~50% crit chance on gear is wasting stats? Also if you don’t rely on DS for damage, why are you wasting 2 traits on life blast?

You can say what you want but I highly doubt you are part of any 20 man zerg pushing a 50 man zerg. I bet you spend most of you time on the defensive, drop your wells and pretend you’re a thief on the out skirts. I’ll tell you this, NO GvG or major WvW guild would even consider this build because its bad. You may think you are good with it and thats fine but sadly your toughness alone tells me that this is not a “meta” build at all. You are a glass cannon that hits like a wet noodle compared to a real glass cannon, the power stat dictates how much damage you are going to get from your crit damage and you are nerfing your self by putting so much into crit chance.

How are you a mobile necro? You have no stun breaks, your heal is a well (stationary), no stability out side on Lich form…AND running chilling darkness for blinds/chill and no plague form? You know making a “meta” build take more then picking stuff that looks and sound cool?

Also I should ask, what do you do when you get your 25 stacks? What sigils do you use in there place or do you still with 2 stacking sigils on one weapon set?

TBH dude your build is not a “meta” build, it is NOT min/max by any means, I would not recommend anyone wasting time and effort on this setup…

oh im sorry if the two daggers sigils got swapped on the build creator that completely invalidates the actual build. once you see where they actually are one perception one might on each set you will see the stability on dps but no you are so kitten happy for power you dont see the 77% bonus crit damage which given 100% crit chance thats significantly higher than the 25ish% i would gain from cutting my crit rate down to 50% where i would be losing the consistant 3 stacks of might and the effectiveness of critical damage bonuses. crits win games bro why dont you run a build before you say its kitten i have run every necro build out there from MM to epidemic to condiwell to that kittenty burn build everyone is wanting to play this week. none of them i repeat none of them hit harder in a zerg than this build. if that extra 4% crit chance bothers you fine switch a couple pieces of gear to beserker i have it there so i have the extra 4% chance before i get my stacks of perception and during the time i dont have fury so no its not really wasted. yes i put a couple points into DS for the purpose of dealing some damage to runners and if you want to know why i use chilling darkness think of well of darkness with a chill on it its pretty kitten effective at making an enemy zerg’s opening attacks miss and have longer CD which those tend to be the heaviest hits they have. so think about your zerg too not just your precious toughness if you want tanky build a guardian or go play pve WvW necros are for blinds cripples weakness chills and damage with a few applying insane bleeds to force players to keep cleanses on their utility bar to keep other skills off their bar. your defense is passive mine is active you understand how that works? i stay alive by forcing the enemy to miss and glance you stay alive by stacking stats in wasteful locations. min-max doesnt mean perfect glass cannon it means maximizing effectiveness in one area while minimizing effectiveness in another you assume the only two areas are offense and defense you cant be a theory crafter until you understand what the game designers intended for each class. i maximize my zerg effectiveness while minimizing my roaming effectiveness. you seem to think meta is being invited to play in the #1 pvp guild on your server. Meta is being the most effective on your server period with or without a guild.until you run this build for 200 hours dont assume its as kittenty as that thing you made and called a build

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Holy run on sentence wall of text Batman!

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

rofl :<

would not read again

Ele / Guardian

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Zikory.6871

oh im sorry if the two daggers sigils got swapped on the build creator that completely invalidates the actual build. once you see where they actually are one perception one might on each set you will see the stability on dps but no you are so kitten happy for power you dont see the 77% bonus crit damage which given 100% crit chance thats significantly higher than the 25ish% i would gain from cutting my crit rate down to 50% where i would be losing the consistant 3 stacks of might and the effectiveness of critical damage bonuses. crits win games bro why dont you run a build before you say its kitten i have run every necro build out there from MM to epidemic to condiwell to that kittenty burn build everyone is wanting to play this week. none of them i repeat none of them hit harder in a zerg than this build. if that extra 4% crit chance bothers you fine switch a couple pieces of gear to beserker i have it there so i have the extra 4% chance before i get my stacks of perception and during the time i dont have fury so no its not really wasted. yes i put a couple points into DS for the purpose of dealing some damage to runners and if you want to know why i use chilling darkness think of well of darkness with a chill on it its pretty kitten effective at making an enemy zerg’s opening attacks miss and have longer CD which those tend to be the heaviest hits they have. so think about your zerg too not just your precious toughness if you want tanky build a guardian or go play pve WvW necros are for blinds cripples weakness chills and damage with a few applying insane bleeds to force players to keep cleanses on their utility bar to keep other skills off their bar. your defense is passive mine is active you understand how that works? i stay alive by forcing the enemy to miss and glance you stay alive by stacking stats in wasteful locations. min-max doesnt mean perfect glass cannon it means maximizing effectiveness in one area while minimizing effectiveness in another you assume the only two areas are offense and defense you cant be a theory crafter until you understand what the game designers intended for each class. i maximize my zerg effectiveness while minimizing my roaming effectiveness. you seem to think meta is being invited to play in the #1 pvp guild on your server. Meta is being the most effective on your server period with or without a guild.until you run this build for 200 hours dont assume its as kittenty as that thing you made and called a build

What “invalidates” the build is the fact that you have sub 1k toughness and are stacking 100%+ crit chance. Because of the fact that you are wasting stats, you are not “min/maxing”. Also 200 hours? That’s kinda cute… I have been solely playing my Necro for the last 8 months, I have played every “meta” build to date. You want to know one thing they all had in common? A minimum of 1600 toughness…I know! That’s super weird. Who knew you are the smartest Necro player and every one else is wrong….

I don’t know what kind of competition you have down in Devona’s Rest but being that it’s bottom tier, I doubt you are setting any type of meta for any server tier 4 and above. I would love to see you bring your build to a WvW server and test your might, I can guarantee the only reason you are doing well now is because you have not faced some of the best guilds in the game.

My suggestions are based of ample time fighting some of the best guilded raid groups on NA. The likes of Agg, DIE, KH, TW, HIRE, FOO, HzH, RG. If you think for a seconded chilling darkness and well of darkness is going to slow down there hammer train for even a second, you have no idea what your talking about. With 18k HP and 900 toughness, you are going to die just by standing near the fight…

Also if you’re going to respond please break up your paragraph into something readable. Your sentence structure is as bad as your “theory crafting”.

Zikory – Retired Thief

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

necros that dont bring well of corruption to wvw are failures. dont fail guys.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Nagato no Kami.4980

What “invalidates” the build is the fact that you have sub 1k toughness and are stacking 100%+ crit chance. Because of the fact that you are wasting stats, you are not “min/maxing”. Also 200 hours? That’s kinda cute… I have been solely playing my Necro for the last 8 months, I have played every “meta” build to date. You want to know one thing they all had in common? A minimum of 1600 toughness…I know! That’s super weird. Who knew you are the smartest Necro player and every one else is wrong….

I don’t know what kind of competition you have down in Devona’s Rest but being that it’s bottom tier, I doubt you are setting any type of meta for any server tier 4 and above. I would love to see you bring your build to a WvW server and test your might, I can guarantee the only reason you are doing well now is because you have not faced some of the best guilds in the game.

My suggestions are based of ample time fighting some of the best guilded raid groups on NA. The likes of Agg, DIE, KH, TW, HIRE, FOO, HzH, RG. If you think for a seconded chilling darkness and well of darkness is going to slow down there hammer train for even a second, you have no idea what your talking about. With 18k HP and 900 toughness, you are going to die just by standing near the fight…

Also if you’re going to respond please break up your paragraph into something readable. Your sentence structure is as bad as your “theory crafting”.

He’s on Devona’s Rest? That explains it. It’s not just a bottom tier server, it’s a bad bottom tier server. No wonder he thinks this build works.

@Rangerdiety
Since you’re getting so defensive, let me be blunt.

You run Chilling Darkness but not Plague. What’s the use? Weakening Shroud is a far superior option.

You’re trying to +10% conditions that last less than 2 seconds. That’s 0.15 seconds of extra chill. Feel the power.

Your food gives might that lasts for 5 lousy seconds. That’s an unstackable 35 power/condi. That’s not even a stat.

Your build is complete glass but has 600 less power and 21% less critical damage than a standard zerker build maxed for Lifeblast spam. Also, that zerker build will carry and additional 250 power from Bloodlust and have at least 10 stacks of might up all the time. That’s over 1100 power more than your build. Do you have any idea how much more damage this is? The worst part is that it actually has more survivability than your build by virtue of Last Gasp and 20% more DS.

Axe has a range of 600. This is too close to a hammer train. Its best attack is 3. You are unable to soak up enough damage to make retaliation matter.

The dagger has no range and you have no armor. Nevermind the train — one warrior will pound you dead.

You’ve got one condi cleanse. Wow. Aren’t we prepared?

You’ve got no stunbreakers. Yup. Really prepared!

You grabbed Reaper’s Might yet only invested 10 into Soul Reaping.

You’ve got four wells and no well CD reduction.

Here’s your build in a nutshell: It’s all offense and no defense but at the same time does only mediocre damage due to lack of power, lack of DS uptime and excessive CD times on all slot skills.

Honestly, this is the worst build I’ve ever seen.

And, here — take this with you. […………] These are some extra periods I had lying around my keyboard. Use them to make your words understandable.

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Rangerdeity.5847

I would be a fool for building to face jade quarry when im facing henge of denvri the way they build and zerg is completely different i left gold tier servers because of Q times. The fact is vs servers in bronze tier this kitten works im sorry you need 1600 toughness to survive the thousand man march in gold tiers down in the bronze its a 50man march at its high time you dont need toughness you need burst with a small amount of CC to stop their opening strikes. battles in bronze are decided in the first 10 seconds of contact a good player in this domain builds to handle that. So yes vs the hammer train this class would shatter but vs the zerg it shatters formations. understanding the differences between your enemies is important if i treated anvil rock like i did jade i would never die thats very true they dont have enough players to put out enough damage to drop a 1600 toughness necro not to mention they dont have as many good commanders so once i shatter their formation it stays broken. in gold tier if a formation got shattered by a single necro that necro would be hacking because each well can only hit 5 players. and if you want to know why im in a bad bronze teir server its because the challenge of fighting 20v50 amuses me as someone playing a game the amusement factor is the reason i continue to play. I dont play or not play based on if my team wins i play or quit based on my personal performance and this has forced me to use builds that are far from standard and use a playstyle other than paint the ground red. I am so sorry yall are still sticking around the gold tier servers where your impact in the zerg is just another circle on the ground.

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Zikory.6871

All I read was “HoD/AR are bad so I can use a bad build.” If you would take the time and listen we are trying to tell you that you can do more damage and maintain everything in your build. Anything over ~50% Crit chance is wasting stats, You can do more damage of you dropped most of it and put it in power/crit damage…By doing that you would lose nothing from your build as far as traits and CC.

Also to the point, you just admitted your build will work in bottom tier and won’t work in top tier. Do you know what server OP is from? How can you suggest a build that only works sometimes? I can guarantee my build/Ascii Wellomancer will be very effective in all tiers with out changing gear or traits.

EDIT: Also since this is the only post in OP’s post history, he’s probably newer to the game, So you may not want to suggest some trash build that "requires "skill"" We do not want to give a new Necromancer some defenseless build that he would most likely die within 5 seconds of every fight. Great way to turn a player off. Start them tanky and let them find there play style, not set them up to fail…

I guess the difference between our mind set is that when I look for a 20v50, I want that 50 to be the best and I don’t want some guaranteed win. I might be just another circle on the ground but at least the build was discussed by my guild and is continuing to evolve. You should learn to take criticism or don’t post here.

Zikory – Retired Thief

(edited by Zikory.6871)

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Rangerdeity.5847

now this is something we can agree on it was a mistake not to check his server or how long he has played necro. My build is too specialized to fight bronze tier battles. I wouldnt dare run this build vs anything gold and i would have to go more CC to handle silver. as a community as a whole that should have been the first information we got from him. and tbh ascii wellomancer is good but it isn’t as effective in bronze tier because people build to counter condition and wellomancers because they used to terrorize the battlefield.

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I don’t like bringing well of corruption.

I don’t think that I have ever stripped Stability with the well. It doesn’t work. Of AoEs, only null field seems to work,

Replacing Swiftness with cripple is the best possible likely outcome, but I’d rather bring something like spectral wall for zergplay.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Smoke.9273

Smoke.9273

I will chip in with my build as well:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQNAW3IjMaVaibM8JAIF7WbkijHm6x6ofOA-jUyAYfBZCEMRAK7VEN22QR0Y1LYKXhUVck9GYyAovAA-w

…I use it for running with a zerg as well as for running solo.
When I roam, I will often leave my staff at home and bring dagger/warhorn next to axe/dagger.
My second utility slot changes often: an extra well or Spectral Wall when in zerg, or Spectral Armor/Wall/Grasp or Flesh Wurm when roaming.
I will also switch some traits depending on what I do at that moment, like ‘spectral mastery’ (when slotting two spectral skills) instead of ‘unyielding blast’ for example. Or ‘chilling darkness’ for ‘weakening shroud’ when I feel like slotting Plague and/or Well of Darkness.

My 2 cents…

Riay
Fused with my Shroud

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I would be a fool for building to face jade quarry when im facing henge of denvri the way they build and zerg is completely different i left gold tier servers because of Q times. The fact is vs servers in bronze tier this kitten works im sorry you need 1600 toughness to survive the thousand man march in gold tiers down in the bronze its a 50man march at its high time you dont need toughness you need burst with a small amount of CC to stop their opening strikes. battles in bronze are decided in the first 10 seconds of contact a good player in this domain builds to handle that. So yes vs the hammer train this class would shatter but vs the zerg it shatters formations. understanding the differences between your enemies is important if i treated anvil rock like i did jade i would never die thats very true they dont have enough players to put out enough damage to drop a 1600 toughness necro not to mention they dont have as many good commanders so once i shatter their formation it stays broken. in gold tier if a formation got shattered by a single necro that necro would be hacking because each well can only hit 5 players. and if you want to know why im in a bad bronze teir server its because the challenge of fighting 20v50 amuses me as someone playing a game the amusement factor is the reason i continue to play. I dont play or not play based on if my team wins i play or quit based on my personal performance and this has forced me to use builds that are far from standard and use a playstyle other than paint the ground red. I am so sorry yall are still sticking around the gold tier servers where your impact in the zerg is just another circle on the ground.

You run a kittenty build even for bronze tier.
-signed someone who has spent all of his 1500+ hours on necro on FC.

p.s. you have a terribad build

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Nagato no Kami.4980

You run a kittenty build even for bronze tier.
-signed someone who has spent all of his 1500+ hours on necro on FC.

p.s. you have a terribad build

I began of the horrifyingly bad Eredon Terrace. FC was final boss mode to us!

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I don’t think that I have ever stripped Stability with the well. It doesn’t work. Of AoEs, only null field seems to work,

Replacing Swiftness with cripple is the best possible likely outcome, but I’d rather bring something like spectral wall for zergplay.

even if you dont strip the stability necros are the only other class that can strip boons. no boons=no win. no 25 might stacks= no win. no protection= no win. there is a reason gvg leaders bait the enemy.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Power Necro WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

even if you dont strip the stability necros are the only other class that can strip boons. no boons=no win. no 25 might stacks= no win. no protection= no win. there is a reason gvg leaders bait the enemy.

Necros are not the only class that can strip boons… Mesmers have null field.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay