Power Necro escapes?

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I am enjoying my power necro. I realize that its liability is no heals and low toughness and not a huge health pool. No stealth or escape mechanism. When you are in, you are in to the death it seems.

Seems high reward but high risk of death. No?

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hausaurier.9438

Hausaurier.9438

There are some nice escape-mechanics!

1) Deathshroud!!! Got a lot of damage? F1 everything ist okay who needs toughness pff
2) Flesh Wurm – maybe situational but it does his job fine (Teleport)
3) Spektralwalk – Stunbreaker + Deathshroudregeneration = niceee
4) Further you can use some blinds ~

Btw. the Necromancer has a very high lifepool and consume conditions isnt that bad

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Both in bed and when playing necromancer, the key is positioning ;> .

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Flesh wurm is good, but requires positioning and doesn’t let you change elevation. Tele to it when you need to heal as it should give you enough time to use consume conditions before the enemy reacts to where you went. Plus the wurm itself does decent damage.

Spectral walk, also decent, good to go into a fight with to bait things out, then tele back to heal and jump back into the fray.

Not an escape, but using spectral armor and going into deathshroud makes you incredibly tanky.

Deathshroud 2 can be used on critters in WvW and PvE, though you can also use it to the effect of escaping by porting to another enemy and fear them away, then us deathshroud 5 to discourage them from chasing with torment stacks and immobilization.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

why would anyone spectral armor and then enter deathshroud right after?
wont you lose the spectral effect of regaining your DS with each damage?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

why would anyone spectral armor and then enter deathshroud right after?
wont you lose the spectral effect of regaining your DS with each damage?

No you do not lose the spectral effect

In fact this is actually the best way to use it

pseudo invulnerability

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

cooool is it a new update?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

nope, been like that for a while. Tooltip is just wrong…least i hope it’s wrong and not another “unintended function.”

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Deathly swarm on the warhorn isnt too bad of an escape, crippling your enemy.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Correct. While in “escape”, I know you are thinking of all the other classes; in the “easy mode” escapes they have. Necro is a completely different monster and play style. They pretty much hit it all on the head. Can also use Dager Imob/ Warhorn swarm to get away. DS + 5 Imob works great. Pop in / run / hit 5 and you are gone. I personally never use Worm just because I feel like I loose so much that I can have in another utility.

Just get a bit more practice in the class and you won’t be the one running away

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Yeah ghost is right, it’s a l2p issue if you need wurm Noscoc needs to l2p

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

GhOst.4019

Yeah ghost is right, it’s a l2p issue if you need wurm Noscoc needs to l2p

Well that escalated quickly. Basically I have never seen Worm used as an “escape” mechanism (it can be). I have seen it used like a “Mesmer portal” mechanism to be able to guard a point without actually being there. If you are going to PvP and on a team they might need you to use it if you don’t have a mesmer with portals. Maybe the team wants you to just kitten face and someone else will be the one porting back n forth.

Using worm as a porting device for point protection requires very careful placement. Unlike the Mesmer portal it can be destroyed without you even knowing someone is attacking it. At that point you are left with nothing. Hide the Worm!

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I have used the wurm as an escape, I’ve also used it to stomp, I’ve also seen other necromancers use it as an escape.

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

I am enjoying my power necro. I realize that its liability is no heals and low toughness and not a huge health pool. No stealth or escape mechanism. When you are in, you are in to the death it seems.

Depends on the game mode you are talking about, in SPvP you could try worm, in WvW you could try Spectral Walk (both need positioning and practice) but to be honest in WvW be most of the times be prepared for the ultimate escape which is death while you see your mates, leaping, vanishing in stealth or become a cloud .

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Depends on the game mode you are talking about, in SPvP you could try worm, in WvW you could try Spectral Walk (both need positioning and practice) but to be honest in WvW be most of the times be prepared for the ultimate escape which is death while you see your mates, leaping, vanishing in stealth or become a cloud .

In WvW, Necros are meant to solo an incoming Zerg. Leave the leaping/teleport (gap closer/further) to other classes which includes the incoming zerg. And worry not, cause a leet wvw zerg will let you 1v1 1v2 1v3 while the rest watch. Right Anet?

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

If you want to escape as a Necro in WvW, roll Norn.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

So what you trying to say is to swap my Elite for a Norn Racial Elite with a 240s cd just for the leap/dash while other classes could equip any Elite Skill they prefer? Wow i’m speechless!

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

GhOst.4019

So what you trying to say is to swap my Elite for a Norn Racial Elite with a 240s cd just for the leap/dash while other classes could equip any Elite Skill they prefer? Wow i’m speechless!

LOL. Speechless indeed. That may have been the worst suggestion I have ever heard :/

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

LOL. Speechless indeed. That may have been the worst suggestion I have ever heard :/

Never said it was a good option, but if escaping bothers you that bad, it does work. And it’s not just a leap and dash, it’s stealth as well.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

(edited by Shaogin.2679)

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Since most if not all power necros are glassy except in WvW, your main escape is like playing the game of thrones. You win or you die. No escape can really buy you enough space to get you safely away from combat or force the enemy to drop target, so it may buy you some time from melee but realistically won’t save you except in rare occasions where a fight is that close and the moments the juke buys you are the difference. But even then I’m not sure I would call it an escape, it really is just a juke.

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mazdan.2071

Mazdan.2071

A good escape setup is Well of Power. I find this very useful in WvW, once I start pinballing (as necros tend to do) around from attacks. I pop this to break the stun and get on my feet, and it also helps my allies with condi’s.

Well of Power isn’t flashy but it does get you on your feet so you can escape and that’s an important step.

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

In wvw when the weather is rainy and its cold outside I put my fabulous mesmer back in the closet and turn to the dark side.

I took a balanced approach to power necro, taking a mixture of zerker and cavalier gear. Its ultra survivable, with high toughness and vitality with decent power and super 220% crit with a 100% chance to crit in death shroud.

If you want to dance around the battle field and confuse your foes/escape you cant beat spectral skills and wurm. Plus spectral walk/wurm stomp makes you look like a boss.

Spectral walk/wurm has saved me while roaming countless times from smelly roaming groups and smelly zergs.

Pro tip: if being chased by a zerg run to the nearest cliff, no matter how high, and jump off. Tap spectral walk twice before you hit the ground and you land without any fall damage. Laugh as your aggressors fall to their deaths if they were stupid enough to jump.

(edited by fluxit.8247)

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

how is using wurm a l2p issue? one of those necro players in that last tourny event used it to good effect.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Wait you mean you can use spectral walk like a parachute? Necro OP.

Power Necro escapes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

Spectral walk is op. Its the only redeeming thing for me about necro. I never run without it and i always spec for spectral skills. If there were no spectral walk i would throw my necro in the trash can, :p