Power PvP/Someone competent enough pls answer

in Necromancer

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

Hey. So new season is around the corner and I saw some changes to necro. Thought I would give power necro a go again.
I played for few hours today, fiddling with builds and I can’t even tell if power necro is any good in sPvP. It feels complete kitten at most times, cause you don’t hve stunbreaks or stability, your mobility sucks and usually I just get 1v1ed by a rev, a warrior or basically anyone.
Could someone explain me the stance of power necro in pvp cause I don’t feel like investing time into it right now, it feels weird and most of the time useless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Don’t play power necro the answer is already there in your post. Play it for fun only.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Facts about Power Reaper:

It was good enough to reach Legend in past seasons.

All Reaper builds on metabattle.com suck in Solo Q. There were some pathetic attempts on this site to create some Power builds in the past. Just ignore them!

Metabattle knows kitten about what Power Reaper is capable of.

ESL Teams won’t pick Power Reaper as there are better options for “the perfect team comp.” (Note: This is completely irrelevant for Solo Q. If you listen to Sindrenerr, Warrior will be the worst pick in season 5 as it is countered by everything. And still I can tell you that there will be thousands of Warriors doing fine in Solo Q.)

Suggestion for a team fight oriented build (AOE condi clears, AOE chill, AOE vulnerablility, unblockable AOE burst and a bit of AOE weakness):
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTocTsdTwaTgeTsgLYUdh2wXIuK2FDjQXtAQLA-TJBIAB1XGAgTBQAPBgc2fAA
(Paladin Amulet also does work)

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Its doable, but not faceroll 0h easy to get rewarded.

either play shouts and hope youre against bad poeple who get slahsed and you got good support near you.
or play corupt signets and hope you dont get interupted and get good RNG

take paladins, the dmg is +-10% same, you dmg more depends on how the fight goes. and axe, its good atm as most enemy builds are marader or carrion

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2JHNQnNYNNg3mA9mYpWwoaDzhyQ8WcMeGh6aBgGAA-TZBFABAcGA+vMQJ7PUwDAghDCAA

Try this, it’s what I run when I want to power necro. A great 1v1 build when defending a point, the well is great for area denial. A pretty selfish bruiser build, you contribute to teamfights mostly by focusing/+1’ing targets.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

zomgbuffalo.5276

What I was really asking was if power necro is viable for pvp season. Everyone knows meta builds roll there so I want to go pvp with my necro, but I wonder wether I should go condi or power.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

If you insist on solo queuing with necro then go power. Condi necro doesn’t apply as much direct pressure as quickly as power necro does, and can’t take as much of a beating (unless you’re running Rabid Amulet). Boon corruption is mostly useful in an organized team. If you’re duoing with a ele/engi babysitter then condi is a better bet since it’s more offensively versatile. Also when playing power, strongly consider Foot in the Grave, the extra stunbreak/stability is your best friend.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Take yannirs build (maybe chill of death and swap utilities when needed, curses also works…but keep paladins amu and blighterboon)

If you can 1v1 the average rev/warrior with it, then play power and have fun

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

zomgbuffalo.5276

I see opinions on condi and power differ. Some people thing condi is better, others – power? I don’t understand, does that mean both condi and power are good or bad?

Alright let’s check it from the other angle. Will necromancer even be a good choice in this season? Cause if I check, for example, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw3aYcpbf0k&feature=youtu.be&a all I can see is pure domination. For some reason I die like a kitten though… So maybe it’s me that is bad?

What I am trying to say is that with warrior or revenant I don’t have problems like these. I feel competetive enough and can duel people with it. With necro I feel like I die on almost any duel. And if there’s more than one enemy against me, I don’t stand a chance to survive long enough…

What I really want to know (even if it requires training and skill) is necro any good in pvp season to comfortably compete?

(edited by zomgbuffalo.5276)

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

Necro is good but you have to be a really good player as the class don’t carry you by default in defense.

The fun starts when you are about mid-high/high skilled with necro so knowing your class well.

If you are suffering in almost any duels then its you that have to experience the class more.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

Necro is good but you have to be a really good player as the class don’t carry you by default in defense.

The fun starts when you are about mid-high/high skilled with necro so knowing your class well.

I win a lot of 1v1’s against any class, some warriors give me headache.

in Necromancer

zomgbuffalo.5276

Do you play condi or power? How do you approach fights? Any advices for a newbie? Maybe some general utility usage tips?

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

I play condi nowadays. Best advice i can give you is play against better players. Watch skilled players playing and record your game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Power is fine if you receive appropriate team support, the problem with the build usually is that it tends to focus harder on single target spike than AoE pressure, which Condi Necro puts out in force without having to give up utility slots. Thing in PvP though is that in teamfights, you usually want to have AoE pressure in order to maintain some amount of parity between being offensively pressuring and covering yourself. There are some decent Power builds out there right now, I’ve been hammering some kids with them for months, you just have to look for them and practice them.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

I think power’s fine for 1v1 and solo queue… It’s just that going condition brings so much more pressure to a team fight and 1v1’ing vs classes that use a lot of Aegis/Regen/Vigor/Retaliation (scrapper, guard, ele, drood) as those four boons are corrupted into damaging condi’s.

And for the OP who said they have trouble 1v1’ing against rev’s, always take Rise! as a utility vs them. Each little rat you have out drastically reduces the damage of Precision Strike and Unrelenting Assault (their two biggest go-to-damage sources), as both these attacks split their damage between available targets. Rise! also gives a passive damage reduction and can be handy vs Guardians as you can use it to trigger their traps before you close to melee range in reaper. Basically, if you see their team has 2 or more revs/guards in the comp (which a lot do), take Rise!.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

This is my PvP Power Necro build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kjGoaTslGwzGgeTsgLYTZhmQVI+K2FDjQXtAQLA-TZBFQBP4BAAv9HAwVAYBHEgAWGAA

This build isn’t going to win ALL 1v1s BUT you have all the tools to do so. At the moment I’ve beaten quite a few mesmers (not necessarily amazing mesmers) as long as I can dodge or interrupt the Moas and I can go right through their blocks for their faces. You have an easy time against Trap DH as well as Revs if you can dodge their main burst attacks. But you’re weak against thieves because most of your attacks are slow but you can beat them with Axe deeps, Warriors if they have stability and Druids because they can out-sustain you.

You’ll have good sustain in 1v1s as long as you can land the Soul Spiral and Death’s Charge. If you don’t land Soul Spiral/Death’s charge your sustain is severely cut.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

This is absolutely not true. I got tired of being torn apart by condi on my rev all the time so I decided to dust off my old necro to figure out how to play against it better. And wow… just wow. How well you can do on a necro with 0 knowledge and experience is just crazy. The actual skill difference between this and rev or even Mesmer is just ridiculous, it was so easy I thought about a permament reroll.

As for power rev, would be fun if someone came up with a decent GS build that doesn’t get torn apart instantly

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

This is a pretty impressive WvW video on how to run a power reaper:

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

I’m pretty sure that was before the nerf to “Rise!”, so not even remotely viable.

-KNT- BG

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Not viable! And the video shows just cherrypicked scenes against bad players.

I ran this build with D/Wh + Staff and YAAW! instead of Flesh Worm before Rise! nerf and it was pretty good with the 50% damage reduction – even though totally relied on that skill. Players that did know how to negate Rise! could wreck you easily.

Meanwhile it is super squishy and super slow – a bad combination. Faceroll matchup for every Teef, Warrior, Power Druid with Immobs, Dragonhunter, Revenant and so on…

Btw:
I played some ranked matches yesterday and I switched back to Dagger/Warhorn+Axe/Focus and Curses/Soul Reaping/Reaper on Demolisher Amulet. Your massive and unblockable CC and corrupt capabilities are a lot more helpful to your team than the Spite build I posted here 6 days ago. GS is just lackluster and gimmicky in sPvP (It’s still okay in WvW in a bruiser build due to higher damage potencial).

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I find wellmancer pretty much good on points. but im only silver who knows

in Necromancer

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I find wellmancer pretty much good on points. but im only silver who knows

This: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Power_Wellomancer ?

Played it during entire off season. Don’t know if viable now.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Necromancer

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2JHNQnNYNNg3mA9mYpWwoaDzhyQ8WcMeGh6aBgGAA-TZBFABAcGA+vMQJ7PUwDAghDCAA

Try this, it’s what I run when I want to power necro. A great 1v1 build when defending a point, the well is great for area denial. A pretty selfish bruiser build, you contribute to teamfights mostly by focusing/+1’ing targets.

I actually ran this build a few times yesterday and it’s really fun. I found it to be very effective in most cases.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

I ran this build with D/Wh + Staff and YAAW! instead of Flesh Worm before Rise! nerf and it was pretty good with the 50% damage reduction – even though totally relied on that skill. Players that did know how to negate Rise! could wreck you easily.

Meanwhile it is super squishy and super slow – a bad combination. Faceroll matchup for every Teef, Warrior, Power Druid with Immobs, Dragonhunter, Revenant and so on…

Btw:
I played some ranked matches yesterday and I switched back to Dagger/Warhorn+Axe/Focus and Curses/Soul Reaping/Reaper on Demolisher Amulet. Your massive and unblockable CC and corrupt capabilities are a lot more helpful to your team than the Spite build I posted here 6 days ago. GS is just lackluster and gimmicky in sPvP (It’s still okay in WvW in a bruiser build due to higher damage potencial).

Unblockable cc….you mean like soul marks? And curses, ew.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Btw:

What massive unblockable cc does d/w + a/f have? You have no staff or soul marks..The only way is IF you take NCSY and use CttB.

The only extra corruption curses has over spite is if you take path of corruption and land shroud 2 all the time, Spiteful spirit is FAR more reliable than weakening shroud. Better range, cant be LoS’d, does more damage, cripple and retaliation are more useful than people think.
Also Spite has HUGE synergy with BlightersBoon you get so much sustain from it. Coupled with Spiteful spirit + chilling victory and a hydromancy sigil you can sustain better than if you took curses. You COULD take MoC and then use CB but thats giving up a trait and a utility slot.

Your spite build was just bad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The only extra corruption curses has over spite is if you take path of corruption and land shroud 2 all the time, Spiteful spirit is FAR more reliable than weakening shroud. Better range, cant be LoS’d, does more damage, cripple and retaliation are more useful than people think.

I’m fond of MoC as corruptions just give you so many options for a Power necro. PoC is not so great because you don’t want to send yourself into melee that often.

Corrupt Boon is obviously way better with MoC.
Consume Conditions is the same.
CPC is an amazing trait especially with MoC. Projectile destruction is always amazing and especially helps to reduce the amount of incoming pressure you’ll receive.
Plague is a nice get-out-of-dodge button. If your team plays with it right you can use yourself as bait as a lot of people will just think “NECRO? KILL” even while you’re plagued up and spamming out Blind→Chill→Bleed+Vuln.

But I’m gold T1 so idk maybe I’m just bad.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I’m fond of MoC as corruptions just give you so many options for a Power necro. PoC is not so great because you don’t want to send yourself into melee that often.

Corrupt Boon is obviously way better with MoC.
Consume Conditions is the same.
CPC is an amazing trait especially with MoC. Projectile destruction is always amazing and especially helps to reduce the amount of incoming pressure you’ll receive.
Plague is a nice get-out-of-dodge button. If your team plays with it right you can use yourself as bait as a lot of people will just think “NECRO? KILL” even while you’re plagued up and spamming out Blind->Chill->Bleed+Vuln.

But I’m gold T1 so idk maybe I’m just bad.

The part of my post you quoted is taking into consideration ONLY the traitline. Hence why I said that spiteful spirit is better than weakening shroud. If it ever gets fixed to be like axe 3 and do two boons it will be even more so.

The porblem with MoC is you need to take corruptions which aren’t that great and have fairly big downsides for power builds. The heal is the best though due to the full condi clear and the conditions applied not being that detrimental or damaging.

CPC is fine as utility but for a POWER builds hiting yourself with weakness is a huge loss of damage. It means you either spend time removing it or deal with lower damage and endurance regen. Besides with all the projectile hate other classes bring it’s pretty much unnecessary.

CB is ok for power builds but poison is bothersome if you use blighters boon or any other form of healing like dagger two. It does have one bonus is that when traits it will cause bleed to be the last condition applied to you this the next one to be removed.

Your entire mention of plague form is condition centric cause you mention chill causing bleed and even then it takes two BAD traits for a power build ( chill to bleed and chill on blind )