Power necro> easiest build in gw2?

in Necromancer

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

So today I was bored and decided to make a necro full glass with DS recharge on spectral skills. And all I had to do is press autoattack for easy 3-4k life blast crits and tank all the damage with DS.

Defense is passive all you have to do is facetank damage in DS and the offense is also passive because all the DPS is from autoattack.

Is it really the easiest build in the game ? Or turret engi is easier?

PvP only

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

(edited by glock.6590)

in Necromancer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

k

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

this topic is like that turret engie

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

At first I was wondering if this was PvE or PvP. Then I realised it doesn’t really matter. You’re doing it wrong either way.

3-4k life blast crits is pretty low for a fullglass PvE necro. And just facetanking damage is not gonna work in PvP.

Guess 3-4k is reasonable if you’re in lower level areas – but any class is easymode in low level areas.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

IM talking about PvP pls dont bring your PvE stuff in this thread I dont care about it. In PvE everything is easy.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Oh, right. PvP it is then. I see you edited the OP. I’m sorry if you were offended by me bringing in PvE, I did not know any better.

So… what I’m getting from your post is this:
Facetank all damage, auto attack, win.

My question to you then is this:
Who are you fighting in PvP? Zombies?

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I cannot fathom a theif kittening about power necros. If you can’t dodge the slow moving glow green ball that fires after a long animation… I mean occasionally your not gonna have enough dodges but here’s the beauty of it! What’s the best defense to make sure a necro doesn’t have enough ds1 attacks to hit you? Atttackkk him. No lifeforce no ds1 no entire class mechanic.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

IM talking about PvP pls dont bring your PvE stuff in this thread I dont care about it. In PvE everything is easy.

hambow warrior with 5 signets is the easiest build in any game ever.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

So today I was bored and decided to make a necro full glass with DS recharge on spectral skills. And all I had to do is press autoattack for easy 3-4k life blast crits and tank all the damage with DS.

Defense is passive all you have to do is facetank damage in DS and the offense is also passive because all the DPS is from autoattack.

PvP only

I really don’t understand posts like this. If you play against unskilled opponents, your point of view is going to be skewed greatly.

Take a step back, take a deep breath, and think about what you’re typing .

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Well, mkay…

Not like you’re wrong. Most of the training golems in HotM don’t fight back and are quite easy to solo, indeed.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well… let’s just say it… You will dish out your 3-4k auto attack, same goes for any warrior or any other class in full glass. But your worst issue will be that if you dare face one player in pure condi build you will melt faster than you will dish your damage.
I used to think the same way than you and then I got owned. Just keep this in mind even a necro is a frail thing in full zerker gear.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

You seem to be quite disgusted with PvE. I guess it’s because you’re so pro with your 800 matches in NA soloq. Teach me, senpai.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Haha, thanks for the laugh man!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deepfreeze.1048

Deepfreeze.1048

Well if your easiest to play threshold is just attacking target dummies then we can all just go back to heartseeker thief imo. That way your skill hits and takes you back to your target when you’re kitten ing on your keyboard and accidently run away.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

The story here is I killed glock a lot in the 1v1 koth pvp server – salty

The thing is practically everyone killed glock though regardless of build/class

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Easy classes tend to be crazy popular, and power necro isn’t. Dealing damage is a lot of auto attacking, but knowing how to live in a glassy spec with no escapes, and your main defense being a resource you need to build is where the intricacies of the spec arise.

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Short answer:
Yes

Long answer:
Stupid questions deserve stupid answers

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Necromancer

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

Short answer:
Meow

Long answer:
Meow

Griften

in Necromancer

Posted by: phoenix.3465

phoenix.3465

That’s only working if you go into a fight with full Life Force, which you rarely do in PvP.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Probably just ran into rawface , op necro or some other decent power necro and got wrecked when he thought he was about to win.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Short answer:
Yes. It is definetly more forgiving than some other zerkers, when you start playing it with 0 hours.

Medium answer:
Actualy full spectrals are not viable. The pull is unreliable and necro is dpendandt on some other offensive utilities and cannot take a full spectral bar, like ex. arcane or medi guard.

Long term and best answer:
Even with a great player , a coordinated team , 2x dedicated mercy runes rezz bot warriors,
it still loses to other meta comps.

Hope it gets you less salty, glock.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Sorry Glock I gotta disagree with you on this, Im not really sure what build you were running but If it was soldier necro, yes it’s super easy. Zerker necro though is probably the hardest to play in an actual PvP game, it’s more reliant on positioning than even shatter mesmer. Vs a good team Its incredibly difficult to stay alive. I like to think DP thief is hard but compared to Zerker necro not even close. 1v1 though yeah any necro build in general is easy mode.

Also I used to think PvE was EZ, then I did Fractals… Respect for pro PvErs… PvP is still better :P.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Power necro vs blinds and interrupts usually ends quickly for said necro. Life blast is quite slow and thanks to projectile mechanics can often reset w/o casting.

I would not put power necro at the top of the “easy mode” list but it is not as thoughtful as some power builds depending on how you run it. With my build I use non-DS form as utility lol.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Sorry Glock I gotta disagree with you on this, Im not really sure what build you were running but If it was soldier necro, yes it’s super easy. Zerker necro though is probably the hardest to play in an actual PvP game, it’s more reliant on positioning than even shatter mesmer. Vs a good team Its incredibly difficult to stay alive. I like to think DP thief is hard but compared to Zerker necro not even close. 1v1 though yeah any necro build in general is easy mode.

Also I used to think PvE was EZ, then I did Fractals… Respect for pro PvErs… PvP is still better :P.

Hahaha, well PvE is just another beast… if you constantly do Ascalonian Catacombs, you will not be challenged much… But things such as high level Fractals or Arah are actually quite interesting each time… To me, as someone who does both (PvP and PvE), I consider these the most interesting things to do in the open world… You go in with a team, make strategies on the fly accoarding to the group comp and try to make it go as smoothly as possible… Usually, since the Guild I am in is not that hardcore, comps differ in setups quite a lot, so you will expect a lot of different runs, from painful, to smooth as a hot knife through butter…
My one complaint stays though, you never get rewarded more for doing more challenging content… Fractals had its loot bugged for ages, and Arah simply does not confer with the Time/Gold ratio, so people rarely do High level fracts, or Arah…
Glad you took a liking into it though – it is certainly not as bad as people make it sound, and you might find a lot of interesting stuff to find while doing it

Regarding the difficulty of Powernecro – The positioning is indeed one of the hardest in the game, with limited means to escape combat, most damage on Melee range, and being inherrintly slow, you are just a really “weird” fighter… That said, as to compared to most Zerk classes, the true combat mechanics are a bit “boring” maybe, since the Necromancer does not have much depth, but it is easily made up by the punishing factors of having limited sustain
This being said, I find that if you get good at it, you’ll become very much on par with most classes in 1v1’s… On the other hand, 1v1’s are but a mechanic of the game, and not the core of any gamemode

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kuunan.6473

Kuunan.6473

It’s easy to kill bads on power necro. It takes a lot of skill to actually kill players that know the game, especially in team matches where you’re basically the first target in every group fight.

Thief/Necro – Yak’s Bend – Leo Immortalis Optimus Nitor [lion]

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

You can’t judge a build on hotjoin heroing glock.

Säïnt

in Necromancer

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

Any sort of projectile negation/reflection will completely shut down a glassy power necro without wells.

Hybrid is far better, but still has difficult match-ups in the current meta.

Daggers are lovely tho.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Any sort of projectile negation/reflection will completely shut down a glassy power necro without wells.

Daggers are lovely tho.

DS4 and 5 go through reflections and projectile blocks, as do marks and those lovely daggers.

What hybrid build do you use?

in Necromancer

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

Daggers are lovely tho.

DS4 and 5 go through reflections and projectile blocks, as do marks and those lovely daggers.

What hybrid build do you use?

This is my current build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBmQDbkjmyb7rx4G2bTEMUStCR3ABw5S9WEFNBA-TZBEwASeCA23fAwBB4xFAgaZAA

I call it hybrid because of (1) celestial amulet, and (2) it has a little bit of everything – conditions, raw dps, burst, stability, corrupt boons, tanky DS, might stacking with sigils, perma +25% movement speed, 3 teleports, 4-5 interrupts, and long range/close range pressure.

I swap out warhorn for dagger sometimes against condi necro/engi/warr.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I really don’t want to be a kitten but that build looks like it hits like a wet noodle besides the few fears. Could work if you had someone constantly giving you might stacks otherwise you would be 100% better off focusing on condi or power.

in Necromancer

Narkodx.1472

I really don’t want to be a kitten but that build looks like it hits like a wet noodle besides the few fears. Could work if you had someone constantly giving you might stacks otherwise you would be 100% better off focusing on condi or power.

Indeed

1400 power and 700 condition dmg aint killing anyone

Strength Runes would help this build I do not see a reason for travelers especially since you have warhorn and spectral walk

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

This is the hybrid build I’ve been running, the idea is too deal good sustained damage with bleeds and dagger, then abuse fear to relieve pressure.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAW4Yjc0UdbtNG3wfjighSyV4DgqLjsBCAK/ioA-TJxHwADeCAa2fAwFBoYZAA

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Narkodx.1472

This is the hybrid build I’ve been running, the idea is too deal good sustained damage with bleeds and dagger, then abuse fear to relieve pressure.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAW4Yjc0UdbtNG3wfjighSyV4DgqLjsBCAK/ioA-TJxHwADeCAa2fAwFBoYZAA

I like this and I run almost the same thing except I do not run anything in death magic

2/6/0/0/6 – death perception and spectral attunement

More overall damage but obviously less defense but I feel with two stun breaks it is enough + auto spectral armor

I still think as a Necro celestial mightstacking type builds don’t do enough damage anyway because Soldiers Hambow and other similar type of builds take too kitten long for me while wearing celestial but maybe thats just me