Power or Condition build

Power or Condition build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wrost.3590

Wrost.3590

Hello to all, back to playing after a long time, I played a necro with condi build. I wanted to ask if this build is still valid today or it’s better to bet on a more berserker build. Play both pve and pvp.
Thanks so much

Power or Condition build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

If I’m not wrong, condition build are slightly more effective than power build at the moment. Power or condi just play what you enjoy the most, you won’t really see a great difference in the results.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Power or Condition build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I don’t really know in PvE or WvW, but in sPvP you can play both Power or Condi builds. in sPvP the necro is mainly condi, but there’s also Power builds really viable.
I actually play that condi build and is really good:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBLhZakjGauxabw8G4vxixgF9zCADg4dYQ8IS1EiCDBA-TZBHQBJpMgCfAAnZ/BAcEAa4pAAA

There’s also Power builds like that one, or similar:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZToaTsbTwcTgeTscMYR9stVAgaJ8EiVx3wf4QE-TpBHQBA4IAQwHAADPBAi7QA0j9H0WZAA

Condition grant you more team support corrupting boons, Power grant you more survavibility and burst (with the GS2)

The necro can use a large amount of different builds and variations doing good. Maybe there’s one or two builds that shine, but there’s still different good ones.
The best build you can use is the one you do by yourself. Play some builds, find the one that fit you better and then change it in anything you want to make it better for your playstyle.

Power or Condition build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Hybrid for pve, and condi or power seem to both work in the other two modes.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Power or Condition build

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Blighter’s Boon is close to useless in that build as you don’t have Spite might generation or any boon granting skill (e.g. YAAW!).

The boon generation from your sigils (2s/18s cd) and Chilling Victory (2s cd) is negligible.

All in all the survivability is low. Curses on power reaper is subpar as Spite would significantly increase your damage and survivability and Spiteful Spirit and Chill of Death would still offer decent boon corruption/removal.

Btw.: Where is your stunbreak? AND: Soul Marks in a non staff build?

Condition grant you more team support corrupting boons, Power grant you more survavibility and burst (with the GS2)

I highly doubt that a condi build grants more (or let’s say “better”) boon corruption.

Power reaper has tons of aoe corrupts (Axe3, Spiteful Spirit, GS4, NCSY!) plus one very strong single target removal (Chill of Death) making the corruptions much more valuable in a team fight.

In one easy and unblockable (!) combo (NCSY! > Axe3 > SS) you can remove/corrupt 5 boons on every enemy team member in 600 range. Path of Corruption is nice but also pretty unreliable (triggers at the end of the animation) and situational (only in shroud).

Additionally you waste your only disengage skill when using RS2 offensively. Typical power reaper gameplay for Solo Q: wait the first few seconds, rush in, dump your aoes, rush out (to avoid focus)… becomes impossible.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

Power or Condition build

in Necromancer

Posted by: BrunoPuntzJones.5348

BrunoPuntzJones.5348

What does a hybrid PvE build look like?

Power or Condition build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

It looks a lot like invisible pink unicorn :P

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

Power or Condition build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

It depends tbh, I mean its really down to your play style

However

If you know youre gonna have a good enough team to where you can bunker down behind them then I say condi

If not, go for boon ripping power

Power or Condition build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

Some people call the standard condi build for a hybrid build. The reason is that it also have abit of power in the stats (Anet have not given us a pure condi stat armor sett yet).

The build can naturally be changed abit depending on the fight etc.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYhCV3g3NWKGMqhwU4WF3DLiJxoAwAIBA-TxhHQBEU5372fgc6D0oSQAcKAq1TAgeq/QKgFVWB-

You can swap the rune to superior rune of berserker (better for some fights, but the difference is very small). Traits can also change, swap soul reaping for either blood magic or death magic as needed.