Pre-Nerf Dhuumfire?

Pre-Nerf Dhuumfire?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Hey folks,

Even though I was playing at the time, I’m drawing a blank as to how Dhuumfire worked in its pre-nerfed state. My googlefu has also failed me in trying to figure this out.

Also, is there a reason it was nerfed so badly that it’s worse than Incendiary Powder despite being a GM trait?

Pre-Nerf Dhuumfire?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It used to be on crit.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Pre-Nerf Dhuumfire?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I may be mistaken but if I remember correctly it used to be the same as incendary powder with half the duration, except dhuum was grandmaster while powder was an adept..

Heres a video where the guy mouses over the tooltip

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Pre-Nerf Dhuumfire?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Heh, at work so can’t watch video.

I’ll check it out when I get home.

Pre-Nerf Dhuumfire?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Severe nerf to hybrid power/condition rampager builds. Apparently it was removed because people were complaining about it in PvP? Why didn’t they just change it for pvp then.

Pre-Nerf Dhuumfire?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Severe nerf to hybrid power/condition rampager builds. Apparently it was removed because people were complaining about it in PvP? Why didn’t they just change it for pvp then.

They did. They halved the duration in PVP. Then changed it all together.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Pre-Nerf Dhuumfire?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Because it was a horribly designed trait, just like IP is. It was an on-crit trait in a non-precision giving tree, allowed you to put significant pressure on bunker guardians (they were a thing at the time) with nothing more than scepter AA which applied bleed, poison (100% uptime), and burning not including crit sigils. You would literally force condition cleansing from a 900 range AA, which is just ridiculous.

It is now much better designed than before. You know when it will proc, there is play/counterplay. It might arguably be too weak, either the trait itself or builds that can use it, but much better design wise.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build