Prove to me MoB needs a 33% Nerf.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Alright I am all ears, Anet. You asked for Collaborative Development. Ok let’s talk.

If you guys spent any time at all reading the necro forum, you will notice one thing that everyone has been asking for.

“The 25 bleed cap is way too low. This need to be increased.”

This is an universally agreed point by pretty much every single necromancer player.

And now you guys went ahead and nerfed Mark of Blood by 33%.

Saying I am disappointed would be a very very understatement.

Now, I don’t want to hear any words of comfort. I do not need the usual:

“We understand that many of you are frustrated with the upcoming changes. But you players have no idea what we want for the necromancer.”

Nope. None of this.

I want facts. I want straight up logical facts.

Prove to me, in clear writing, why Mark of Blood need to be nerfed by 33%.

If no one from Anet reply to this post, then I am sorry to say that what we necros fears for months has been proven true.

So give me the facts. Why are you guys nerfing Mark of Blood by 33%. Convince me and all of us. I am all ears. If you truly wants Collaborative Development then talk with us.

With all due respect,

A very frustrated necromancer and GW1 beta player.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by Moderator)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’ll be honest, I “understand” the point of it. Necromancers in PvP (the only place balance matters to them, lets be honest here) are too strong because of our ability to stack a bunch of bleeds that get covered.

Problem is the bleeds themselves are 0% the problem. We were the same pre-dumbfire. Back then though, we were two conditions down, and our scepter poison was down. That means we had less cover conditions, and also our scepter 1 spam didn’t force removals like it does now.

So what is the logical thing to do after the recent patches changed us? Address the new patches. What did ANet do? Nerf things that are perfectly fine on their own, but only bad due to a new trait nobody likes as is. Allofmywut?

I get their through process: we need to nerf Necromancer damage because its too high, so lets nerf their damage. They just are doing it stupidly.

Also, pour some out to our dead homie, Putrid Mark. </3

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

Oh wow! They’re sure to listen to you now!

What are you even trying to say?

You want to be able to put MORE than 25 stacks on bleeding on a target? 25 stacks isn’t enough? TWENTY FIVE. That’s two lots of ten PLUS five.

Who knows, maybe you’re right? I hope for entire player base’s sake that before they’d even CONSIDER it, they’d remove the bleed off of scepter autoattack. I’m sure if that happened you’d sit around 7 bleeds at any one time?

:)

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Right, because condition builds in PvE are just way too strong right? Everyone running those powerful condition builds and totally don’t negate each other’s damage the second any two builds have the same conditions, even if one isn’t a condition build at all but just generates secondary conditions that push off the ones dealing actual damage.

And we all know how often bleeds stack to 25 on players in PvP/WvW.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

IF they are dead set on nerfing our mark of blood by 33% then, for Christ sake, make it do more damage per tick. If stacking to many is the problem then make each stack do more damage problem solved.

As for asking for facts, you do realize your in the necro forum right? We usually get a dev in here once a year if we are lucky and the stars are in the right alignment.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Right, because condition builds in PvE are just way too strong right? Everyone running those powerful condition builds and totally don’t negate each other’s damage the second any two builds have the same conditions, even if one isn’t a condition build at all but just generates secondary conditions that push off the ones dealing actual damage.

And we all know how often bleeds stack to 25 on players in PvP/WvW.

Ran condition warrior with a condition ranger a couple of nights ago and we could get 25 stacks of bleeds with a ton of cover pretty fast. Necro really isn’t the best class for getting high stacks of bleeds quickly.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Yeah totally agree with you Bhawb. I made 2 lengthly posts in the preview thread the devs posted, pointing out that even people on the Necromancer forums don’t like Dhuumfire as it is, and nerfing other aspects of the condition necro just hurts build variety even more. I suggest you go over there and chime in as well, they tend to listen more to people with a lot of “likes” on their posts so you might get their attention where i failed.

As for the pve side of things, I don’t understand why they don’t simply increase the bleed cap for champions, legendaries, and world bosses, which, let’s face it, are the only types of mobs with enough health to make more than 25 stacks relevant.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dec-10th-Balance-Preview/page/17#post3138558

Go read and upvote it if you agree with it. I’d like to know their input on some things, hopefully.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Good man! Upvoted you.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

You want to be able to put MORE than 25 stacks on bleeding on a target? 25 stacks isn’t enough? TWENTY FIVE. That’s two lots of ten PLUS five.

Who knows, maybe you’re right? I hope for entire player base’s sake that before they’d even CONSIDER it, they’d remove the bleed off of scepter autoattack. I’m sure if that happened you’d sit around 7 bleeds at any one time?

Why are you so offended? Obviously, the OP was talking about PVE because no halfway-competent WvW/PvP player would allow themselves to receive 25 stacks of bleeding.

If you’re so paranoid about conditions, just roll a warrior because, without question, THAT amount of condition cleanse is PERFECTLY FINE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I don’t generally use this meme all that often, but I feel its necessary here.

Not sure if serious.

Bhawb.7408
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dec-10th-Balance-Preview/page/17#post3138558
Go read and upvote it if you agree with it. I’d like to know their input on some things, hopefully.

Excellent post, upvoted.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

(edited by Terok.7315)

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

I never thought staff as a damaging weapon so this change is kinda weird. It’s more utility than ever now!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

According to the devs the reason it is OP is because it can do 2000 damage in an AOE!!!

I mean no one can fight the amazing power that is our 2k cleansable slowly applied damage!

*Note: please ignore the fact that warriors can do 20k damage on a similar CD and also in an AOE, that is not relevant to the discussion.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Ac*Note: please ignore the fact that warriors can do 20k damage on a similar CD and also in an AOE, that is not relevant to the discussion.

I get the comparison, but it isn’t the same. We do that damage at 1200 range, with 1 stat investment, and no setup at all.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

nom

Why are you so offended? Obviously, the OP was talking about PVE because no halfway-competent WvW/PvP player would allow themselves to receive 25 stacks of bleeding.

If you’re so paranoid about conditions, just roll a warrior because, without question, THAT amount of condition cleanse is PERFECTLY FINE.

If the op is talking about pve then surely he knows the change isnt pve ? :>

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Ac*Note: please ignore the fact that warriors can do 20k damage on a similar CD and also in an AOE, that is not relevant to the discussion.

I get the comparison, but it isn’t the same. We do that damage at 1200 range, with 1 stat investment, and no setup at all.

You missed the 0 there, its 2k if you are lucky for necro not 20k.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The developers apparently think that a two thousand damage AoE which can be cleansed is way too strong. Yeah, I don’t get it either. It’s like they don’t play the same game we do. I’ve never heard of anyone complaining about Mark of Blood being overpowered.

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

The comparison would be much more valid if there was food that reduced power damage by 40%. o0

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

• Mark of Blood. Removed 1 bleed in PvP only.

… what?

Symbolic

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

According to the devs the reason it is OP is because it can do 2000 damage in an AOE!!!

I mean no one can fight the amazing power that is our 2k cleansable slowly applied damage!

*Note: please ignore the fact that warriors can do 20k damage on a similar CD and also in an AOE, that is not relevant to the discussion.

Yeah, I am still trying to figure out what response I want to give them. I am literally speechless man.

in Necromancer

Oblivion.8307

It’s going to be nerfed in pvp because a 6s (4 3/4) cd near instant gtaoe skill that applies 3 bleeds/aoe regen from 1200 range with no travel time (therefore no real potential for counterplay, eg shrapnel grenades) is pretty powerful.

Symbolic

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I agree that its strong, but they went over the top trying to explain why it was strong and needed a nerf.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Karpalo.5148

Karpalo.5148

It’s not that powerful considering that if you went condition damage the staff effectively has no auto attack. Without condition damage the mark is not worth casting and with condition damage the auto attack really isn’t worth casting.

Calling it powerful is a stretch beyond absurd. Last thing that pops into mind when someone uses the word powerful is necromancer weapon skills, luckily the profession can somewhat make up to that elsewhere. Now the change is a fairly nonfactor. Scepter is the condition weapon and staff is used with full mark rotation for it’s utility. The MoB dps really doesn’t matter since staff is abysmal for sustained dps to begin with. Power couldn’t care less about the bleeds.

The reasoning is still just ridiculous. One of the most powerful abilities in the game… That’s pure comedy gold.

in Necromancer

Oblivion.8307

basically they kittened up giving necro lots of buffs so they’re trying to nerf necros without reverting the buffs.

Symbolic

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

they added dumbfire to shut necros up. A quick solution which they already realized they would probably nerf later on. So they now are scraping off all accesss damage anywhere they can find it, making necros even more squishy (yes i said squishy) and ultimately throwing them back in the garbage.

I’ve been looking at all other classes in-depth and including past patches, bug fixes, and overall attention. All other professions have everything that than break a necro. Every other profession can easily handle a necro even against dumbfire/terror builds. Condition removal is at it all time best. Thieves have condition cleansing like a psudo guardian as well as ele’s. They’re giving the 90% anti-condition gm trait to mesmers next patch. Anet is quite comfortable with making the necro’s the “pve fodder” for pvp.

Hear me now my poor friends: Necro’s are big slabs of meat that are there for all other professions to successfully use their fancy mechanics on. They are like walking pillars of health to stun, blind, kitten on, knockback, knockdown, grapple, slow, and about anything else they can think of.

The thing is, if the upside to that is us having a bunch of health why cant they see that if we pour everything into health we do no other support or utility the way other professions can. If we pour everything into offense we cant do as much damage as other professions. If we get knocked down knocked back, knocked up, knocked forward, stunned, crippled, blinded, what good is the health? What good is health in spvp where there are obstacles, hindering terrain, so many things that are critical to us being remotely viable.

Our lack of everything besides health is almost becoming a dead joke. Like it was funny for a while but can u fix it now? An attrition class with no survivability. It’s almost so obnoxiously in our faces that necro’s are just bad lol. They make no sense. They have so many bugs its like the class is a community patch. Like take Lich form for example.. And i LOVE lich form. I had recently played a game where i entered lich form and an ele just waited, blowing all their evades, blocks, etkittenil I was properly smashed, knocked down, stunned, and utterly useless. And wats even more frustrating than anything is the Luch’s 1 still bugs out when people get too close to you LOL u dont even get a shot in!

What is going on? I don’t know. I’ve become that SUPER casual player who comes on for the lols. I can’t get too into it when my favorite profession is treated so wrong. I mean granted I didn’t make the game and I sure as hell didn’t ask for any of it. It’s just a real bummer. A real let-down.

The average player will now run MM for the vamp specs. Dumbfire/ terror will soon be a thing of the past. MM will probably get smacked down to nerf zone also just because they’ll find a particular profession is having trouble against it. But that’s why I just hotjoin with troll builds cuz its lolworthy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

2k dmg over 4 seconds = 500dps

Compare that to the AUTO ATTACK of pretty much any warrior weapon… It’s painfully obvious why the balance of this game is so messed up now. The devs actually think that MoB and Putrid Mark are the 2 best skills in the game…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Last thing that pops into mind when someone uses the word powerful is necromancer weapon skills, luckily the profession can somewhat make up to that elsewhere. Now the change is a fairly nonfactor. Scepter is the condition weapon and staff is used with full mark rotation for it’s utility. The MoB dps really doesn’t matter since staff is abysmal for sustained dps to begin with.

Pretty much. The nerf to MoB means almost nothing to a remotely skilled Terrormancer who will be in Scepter and DS way more than staff anyway. /shrug

MoB too stronk. heh.

Certainly not anything to get upset about. Necro still did need a little shave. This is what they came up with, and it really isn’t concerning at all.

in Necromancer

Fungalfoot.7213

2k dmg over 4 seconds = 500dps

Compare that to the AUTO ATTACK of pretty much any warrior weapon… It’s painfully obvious why the balance of this game is so messed up now. The devs actually think that MoB and Putrid Mark are the 2 best skills in the game…

Have to wonder if they even play necromancers, engineers or rangers. Judging from the way they’re balancing things I’d wager not. Warriors have been dominant in PvE since day one and were recently made dominant in PvP as well. They have significantly better attrition than necromancers and blow us away in damage as well as crowd control. Where is the balance?

I have to wonder what exactly our role is anymore. I guess it’s to dump conditions from distance and hope nobody notices us? Sadly more and more players are starting to realize just what an easy target the necromancer is. Death shroud lacks any real intimidation factor and lich form is a broken joke which anybody can bunnyhop away from.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Mark of Blood
This is one of the most versatile and powerful skills in the game. A huge amount of the condition damage from necromancers comes from their bleeds and while they are removable in theory, the ease with which necromancers can apply conditions makes it is virtually impossible to ever get to the bleeding at the bottom of the stack.

Proof that MoB needed a nurf, its the best skill in the game even though they already nurfed MoB in a standard condition build by moving Greater Marks up one position and out of reach for anyone wanting Dhuumfire and Terror.

I would totally believe this statement too if it wasn’t implied that because bleed is at “the bottom of the stack” it is impossible to be removed by RNG cleanses.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

They just don’t like the idea of traps.

You can burst somebody at the same time that they walk into a trap for a big spike.

Our classes problem is that staff has the only 1200 range and the only combo finisher, so we have to take it. The more they nerf the marks, the more staff plays like a bomb that you swap to every 40 seconds… The exact condition burst gameplay that is causing these nerfs because of some QQ in the warrior forums,

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Maybe the Devs forget that a 40 second Fear mark (as with every other mark and every other trap in the game) can be blown and wasted by simply dodge rolling into them.

Now what classes have access to Vigor & Evade skills again? hmmmm….

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

they already nurfed MoB in a standard condition build by moving Greater Marks up one position and out of reach for anyone wanting Dhuumfire and Terror.

30/20/20/0/0 ?

On topic: It really is weird.
For those who play scepter as main weapon (which does sinlge target bleed stacking a lot better), the staff will do 1 or at most 2 Marks of Blood before they swap again. That’s two stacks of bleeding less, Barbed Precision RNG is likely to stack more than that with any other weapon.

in Necromancer

Tommyknocker.6089

The developers apparently think that a two thousand damage AoE which can be cleansed is way too strong. Yeah, I don’t get it either. It’s like they don’t play the same game we do. I’ve never heard of anyone complaining about Mark of Blood being overpowered.

I never heard another necro say “you know what we really need as the attrition class? That’s right good ol’ fashioned burning.” either.

But there we go; at least you can’t say they don’t listen.. oh wait.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We did need Burning (or something else burning was just the easy fix) pre-Dhuumfire. Our condition damage was laughable except when left to free cast, which no one in their right mind did when training a Necro was about as difficult as soloing a Rabbit. We were completely beaten out by Engineers, the only time people really ran a Necro (except for the very, very best Necros) was with an Engi there to help.

Problem was they gave us burning, torment, and a number of helpful buffs all in one patch, and it blew us right up into the #1 condition spot.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Tommyknocker.6089

I agree that as a condition necro our conditions were sub par before the dumbfire patch. However at least one of us (me) wanted to be the turtle in the shell attrition class that the guardian has become, why? Because ANet themselves said they wanted us to be such. So why not play a guardian you may ask, well mostly due to the > 1000 gold I have spent on my necro hoping that ANet would stick to their promise.

To me attrition would mean a real buff to our vampiric traits, and no, not just to the MM builds. While at the same time giving us the ability to become stronger as the fight went on. Instead we got fire, even though it don’t fit the lore in the slightest. And yes torment would fit the bill much better as the grandmaster trait, but I fear we are stuck with fire, and the devs are even debating it’s merits as a master trait. BAH.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

terrormancers/minionmaster necro will still be ridiculously strong regardless if mob would be removed altogether from game.

What they basically have made (ages ago) is complete set of “op” builds for different classes and so you’re kind of forced to play these boring builds to compete. (unless fighting much less skilled/experienced people)

They should also stop putting more ridiculous sigils/runes in game to please pvers which bring their silly stuff into wvw too. I really don’t even…

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

(edited by jalmari.3906)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

We did need Burning (or something else burning was just the easy fix) pre-Dhuumfire. Our condition damage was laughable except when left to free cast, which no one in their right mind did when training a Necro was about as difficult as soloing a Rabbit. We were completely beaten out by Engineers, the only time people really ran a Necro (except for the very, very best Necros) was with an Engi there to help.

Problem was they gave us burning, torment, and a number of helpful buffs all in one patch, and it blew us right up into the #1 condition spot.

I will agree that we needed a another high damage condition like burning. I Don’t agree we needed burning specifically. This is also one of the many reasons why I Protested Dhuum fire so adamantly in the beginning. I knew this sort of things would happen. We defiantly got a tone of buffs right out of the gate that solidified one build. And if we changing Dhuum fire’s burning to 3 stacks of torment it would leave far more room for balance that wouldn’t have caused nearly as much of a problem while still giving us some cover. Although it wouldn’t be perfect we probably be singing a different song now.

I suggested raise the bleed stacks increase the attack rate and add disease as a condition. Instead we got Burning and Torment. Torment was a happy surprise but this, combine with everything else we already had sure did push us a bit over the top in PvP at least. We are still having problems in PvE thanks to that oh so lovely Death shroud Nerf.

Excuse me if I parroted some of what you said.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

Well it’s only in PvP, I’m guessing that just means in sPvP. I tend to rely less on my staff in PvP and more on the scepter…. but if I’m running my staff build….
Yeah I never even noticed that they were doing that…Staff is already poor in PvP and now they’re gonna make it worse? Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

…Staff is already poor in PvP and now they’re gonna make it worse? Really?

Staff is not “poor” in PvP. It is the secondary utility weapon for nearly every viable Necromancer build that has ever existed (including Power Necros). This nerf won’t change that.

You could argue that Scepter is the bigger problem from a balance perspective and that they should have nerfed that instead, but they are trying to shave instead of obliterate.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

…Staff is already poor in PvP and now they’re gonna make it worse? Really?

Staff is not “poor” in PvP. It is the secondary utility weapon for nearly every viable Necromancer build that has ever existed (including Power Necros). This nerf won’t change that.

You could argue that Scepter is the bigger problem from a balance perspective and that they should have nerfed that instead, but they are trying to shave instead of obliterate.

Let me restate that then, it’s not the main weapon you want to use in PvP, it is of course a great utility weapon, I was just trying to point out that pure staff builds is PvP aren’t very good (fear of course is great in WvW though).

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

This nerf had nothing to do with pure staff builds. But staff is nearly omnipresent in both PvP modes, and this was a way to shave a little power off of our condition damage without actually impacting the utility the staff gives.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

The main problem with the staff is that it’s utility comes at the cost of long cooldowns. It not a lot of fun to be stuck in staff due to weaponswap cooldown when you need to deal some damage. The ebb and flow of a fight changes in just a few seconds, not every 10 seconds.

And, let’s compare necro staff to guardian staff which is also a utility weapon. Guardian staff 1 is good while necro staff 1 sucks, particularly if you are condition.

I can’t see justification for nerfing necro staff 2 unless necro staff 1 is buffed in some way. Again, being stuck in staff when it’s utility abilities are on cooldown is nonfun, at best.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

And, let’s compare necro staff to guardian staff which is also a utility weapon. Guardian staff 1 is good while necro staff 1 sucks, particularly if you are condition.

I can’t see justification for nerfing necro staff 2 unless necro staff 1 is buffed in some way. Again, being stuck in staff when it’s utility abilities are on cooldown is nonfun, at best.

The fun part is subjective (i like the animations and fancy annoying noise), but i think that you are comparing a grape and a tomato by putting up the nvsg staff comparison.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

The fun part is subjective (i like the animations and fancy annoying noise), but i think that you are comparing a grape and a tomato by putting up the nvsg staff comparison.

I’ve played both quite a bit. In the end it’s a question of whether it is fun or not. That is comparing apples to apples. Guardian staff 1 is a hell of a lot more fun (and effective) than necro staff 1, which quite frankly sucks if you are conditions and is “okay” if you are power.

TLDR: Why in the hell does necro staff need a nerf?

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

Its been over 3 days and still no reply at all for the Mark of Blood nerf. Jon are you guys going to push though with this 33% nerf even with almost total rejection from the necro community?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Its been over 3 days and still no reply at all for the Mark of Blood nerf. Jon are you guys going to push though with this 33% nerf even with almost total rejection from the necro community?

Its not their job to make people happy when it comes to balance. We will kitten and moan at every nerf they do, regardless. If they honestly believe that it is a good decision for the game they will do it.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Fungalfoot.7213

Its not their job to make people happy when it comes to balance. We will kitten and moan at every nerf they do, regardless. If they honestly believe that it is a good decision for the game they will do it.

Actually, it is their job to make us happy. That’s how you retain a playerbase. Nonsensical nerfs like this one will only cause people to grow more dissatisfied with the product as a whole. It’s great that they are starting to become more open with the community but I fear it might be too late at this point.

I’ve played a necromancer since launch and I’m honestly just about fed up with all the changes. It’s cool that they want to do things with the class but when they start introducing entirely new traits instead of fixing existing ones and completely break the balance of the class by doing so… well, yeah, it irks me.

This nerf is happening because of Dhuumfire and it just isn’t right. How long are they going to keep on peeling our bleeds until they address the elephant in the room?

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

If they can convince us, by logic, that Mark of Blood needs a 33% nerf I would be very happy. But what we have here is that, time and time again, people asked them to nerf Dhuumfire and leave everything else alone. This is the logical thing to do. Yet they refuse.

This thread is an open invitation to Anet to explain their point of view to us. Yet they stay silent. I also asked like 3 times on the main necro thread and once on the main Dec 10 update thread about Mark of Blood. They stay quiet every single time.

I am getting very frustrated tbh.

It just seems that Anet knows nerfing Mark of Blood is a bad idea, and nerfing Dhuumfire is the way to go. But they don’t want to admit it so they just avoid any communications.

And this is the problem that has been going on in the necro forum since forever. Anet say they will do this. Every single necro say its a bad idea. Anet does not provide any additional logical explanation and push though with their changes.

Collaborative Development will not work if Anet continue to use selective hearing.

Until Anet shows us that they understand necromancer better than us, they should listen to us instead. Listen to Nemesis for example. Whisper him in game or on the forums to ask him for input, etc.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Conditions are already getting cleansed before giving even a 50% of their damage. Why do you still trying to nerf conditions? While a warrior or other class can deal full damage of these dot damages instantly with a non curable/cleanseable direct autoattack damage? Give us ranged aoe power/direct damage based weapons if you don’t want us to use staff-scepter dagger anymore. I’m really thinking to give up on necro because of constant nerfs after dhuumfire.(we don’t even use) We need new weapons and builds. Kill condition necro if you want, but give us alternatives before killing our only viable build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

If they can convince us, by logic, that Mark of Blood needs a 33% nerf I would be very happy. But what we have here is that, time and time again, people asked them to nerf Dhuumfire and leave everything else alone. This is the logical thing to do. Yet they refuse.

This thread is an open invitation to Anet to explain their point of view to us. Yet they stay silent. I also asked like 3 times on the main necro thread and once on the main Dec 10 update thread about Mark of Blood. They stay quiet every single time.

I am getting very frustrated tbh.

It just seems that Anet knows nerfing Mark of Blood is a bad idea, and nerfing Dhuumfire is the way to go. But they don’t want to admit it so they just avoid any communications.

And this is the problem that has been going on in the necro forum since forever. Anet say they will do this. Every single necro say its a bad idea. Anet does not provide any additional logical explanation and push though with their changes.

Collaborative Development will not work if Anet continue to use selective hearing.

Until Anet shows us that they understand necromancer better than us, they should listen to us instead. Listen to Nemesis for example. Whisper him in game or on the forums to ask him for input, etc.

They replied to me fairly on early in the thread when I brought up Mark of Blood nerf. And they stated it was cause bleeding was the majority of the damage that kills things. So they wanted to tone that down.

Still doesnt make sense to me though. I even told Jon that it’ll just push us towards dhuumfire/terror even more and lower build diversity.

He didnt respond to that. He just basically said our bleeds are too much and thats what kills people. And that was it.