Punishment Raduius 300 and Corruptions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

2 Punishment skills (Dessicate and the Elite Ghastly Breach) have a radius of 300.
Also Trail of Anguish have a unknown radius, probably only right back to you (the skill seems to be a weak copy of the Engineer Slick Shoes).

We have skills with Small radius on an elite that don’t have any defensive skill and lost his shroud to obtain a weak meatshield barrier. And that skills are normal(some are weak) and Heavly focused on the Feed from Corruption trait.

The theory of this class is stay in a Safe Place, spam Shades and grant barriers to his allies using this shades as an extension of himself, granting him Range and a Safe Spot to work as a backline supporter.
The problem is that the radius of this skills means that you Have to stay in the fight to active them.
Right into the fight.
With No defensive skills.

Maybe we’re supposed to enter the fight, spam our skills and then turn back using the portal? That also have a 180 radius to hit the enemy (but is a defensive skill so there’s not a real problem about that)

Can I ask, ANet, why there’s low radius skills on a elite without any defensive skill?

Also you Corrupt Boons into Torment and Cripple. That mean that if you corrupt Stability you will NOT obtain Fear!!
And that make that skills Bad!
The only reason that Corruption is good is to convert stability into fear and might into weakness, there’s no other reason to use them! (unless to remove resistance, then it’s also good a kind of corruption like that)

More I look to Punishment skills more I see that there’s huge problems on them when associated to the necromancer playstyle (expecially when Weakened by barriers).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

The radius it’s small but the new skills don’t prevent us to use safer utilities like Corrupt Boon, rely on Scepter’s AA or place our new bombs and escape with the portal.

Another good thing about corrupting boons it’s that you’ll gain cover conditions to keep safe our most damaging ones (like convert boons after the actual DS 5+4 combo) even if it’s not the case with the torment/cripple conversion but.. the most valuable thing about boon corruption/stripping skills it’s that you’ll lower the foes efficiency.

Fot Ghastly Breach I see it like Plaguelands+Well of Corruption: not half bad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Reading the traits and skills, Scourge sounds like it was designed to favor stacking.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

That’s what you get for expecting a-net to read between the lines!

We said: “Necro needs some love, a-net!”
Now they make a spec that will have everyone hugging the scourge.
A-net: “You’re welcome!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

That’s what you get for expecting a-net to read between the lines!

We said: “Necro needs some love, a-net!”
Now they make a spec that will have everyone hugging the scourge.
A-net: “You’re welcome!”

I’ll take it!
Now allies have an excuse to actually protect us when we’re focused.