Putrid Mark bug

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

I’m not sure if other Necros are experiencing this bug, but I am having a bizarre issue with my Putrid Mark ability.

Whilst I was farming the Holograms in Mount Maelstrom, for some reason my Bleeds were just disappearing from mobs, not just falling off/running out.. just getting off all of the mobs I was attacking.

After quite a few holos, I started to notice that it was only happening after I cast Putrid Mark, like it was transferring the Bleeds off of my targets. It only ever seems to happen if more than 1 type of enemy gets hit by it.

For example, I have noticed it quite a few times when I hit the Holos and a Boar with the same Putrid Mark. All of the Holos that had Bleeds were completely cleansed of them.

Anyone have any info on this? Or am I going crazy..

Level 80 Human Necromancer

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

I will have to test this out when I get back home.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

I does not seem to bug for me, not for bleed, not for any condition.

Can you give a bit more details on how exactly you encountered this?

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Just confirmed this.

Engaged Earth Elemental and started Hologram Projector. Started encounter, opening with Mark of Blood – 3 Bleeds. Followed with Chillblains and then Putrid Mark.

As soon as Putrid Mark landed, all enemies lost their 3 Bleeds. However, Weakness, Chill and Poison all stayed on the all targets.

EDIT

I am now reproducing this on every test.

For at least myself, whenever I cast Putrid Mark on two monsters that are of a different type, the Putrid Mark does weird things with the Bleeds.

All examples have been tested
Example 1 – Skelk and Ettin: Cast Mark of Blood on both then Putrid Mark on both. Skelk loses all Bleeds, Ettin somehow gains 3 Bleeds.

Example 2 – Moa and Ettin: Cast Mark of Blood on both then Putrid Mark on both. Both Moa and Ettin loses all 3 Bleeds.

(edited by Kelthos Doombringer.9032)

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Interesting… I’m going to take a closer look myself.
I’m not sure if this exact thing happened to me, but I can remember a few times I was surprised to see some mobs cleanse their conditions. Maybe that was why.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Example 1: makes sense if both had 3 bleeds then after Putrid Mark the Skelk had none and the Ettin 6 bleeds. Was that the case, since I’d assume Putrid Mark would have to designate at least one mob struck as the primary target?

From the wiki:
—-
Notes

• This mark will last for up to 30 seconds if it is not triggered.
  • Always transfers conditions from the caster when triggered (as long as it is not evaded or blocked), whether or not the caster is inside the mark’s radius. Other allies have to be within the radius to have their conditions removed.
  • For each condition removed from allies, including the caster, the mark applies the condition, including its duration, onto one enemy within the mark’s radius. It does not transfer all conditions to all enemies in its radius.
  • Triggers combo fields twice.
    —-

Have you tried using MoB on 2 type differing mobs than just putrid marking one to see what happens?

Edit: either way, it should not be transferring conditions OFF of enemies at all. Very odd.

Wait.

Are you using Greater Marks? If so, I wonder if the unblockable upgrade is playing havoc with the mark enemy/ally filtering.

(edited by Overkillengine.6084)

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Example 1: makes sense if both had 3 bleeds then after Putrid Mark the Skelk had none and the Ettin 6 bleeds. Was that the case, since I’d assume Putrid Mark would have to designate at least one mob struck as the primary target?

From the wiki:
—-
Notes

• This mark will last for up to 30 seconds if it is not triggered.
  • Always transfers conditions from the caster when triggered (as long as it is not evaded or blocked), whether or not the caster is inside the mark’s radius. Other allies have to be within the radius to have their conditions removed.
  • For each condition removed from allies, including the caster, the mark applies the condition, including its duration, onto one enemy within the mark’s radius. It does not transfer all conditions to all enemies in its radius.
  • Triggers combo fields twice.
    —-

Have you tried using MoB on 2 type differing mobs than just putrid marking one to see what happens?

I can.. but not sure why I would need to, I will edit this post when I do.

Commenting on your post for example 1) I don’t see how it makes sense.

I did not have any Bleeds on me at the time. In fact, I wasn’t even being attacked, I engaged the Ettin by auto attacking and dragging the Skelk to the Ettin and they then decided to attack each other. There was nothing for me to transfer from myself.. and I am alone in all examples.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It sounds like they’ve bugged it so enemies get cleansed just like allies would. But it always just transferred to 1 target.

Have you checked without staff mastery and greater marks or all the possible combos of those traits? Both those traits were patched recently so it may be something to do with that.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Overkillengine.6084

I mean in the sense of the total number of bleeds available to move around not changing.

It still is odd that it would move conditions off of an enemy onto another one though.

That’s what made me wonder if the recent bugs to our Mark traits is having something to do with it.

I’d be happy to check myself but stuck “working” at moment.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

I will post a recording off it in about an hour. I will include a couple examples of:

1) Both Greater Marks and Staff Mastery
2) With Greater Marks, w/o Staff Mastery
3) With Staff Mastery, w/o Greater Marks
4) With none of the above traits.

Edit: Alright, I did test all of the above Trait combos and did get them on video, but I feel that the videos aren’t really good enough/could show it a bit better.

I can confirm that Greater Marks and Staff Mastery are not causing this issue.* The issue is quite bizarre though in that instead of the Bleeds disappearing, the Bleeds are just transferring from one enemy to the other.##

1. EDIT: Tried one last time (this is why I want to fix the videos) – Putrid Mark is transferring the conditions from random mobs to others.. but for some reason the Bleeds just disappeared. To be honest I can’t be sure about what is happening.

Example that I just did: Cast Mark of Blood, Chillblains and then Putrid Mark on a Skelk and an Ettin. The Bleeds completely disappeared off of the Skelk, the Ettin’s Bleeds did not go up.

The issue is that during my videos I only used Mark of Blood and Putrid Mark. Every single time, it would transfer the Bleeds from one to the other. Will continue to work on this tomorrow.

I will post a video of them all tomorrow.. tis getting late in Australia.

*I hope

(edited by Kelthos Doombringer.9032)

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Overkillengine.6084

Checked this myself; definitely appears to be an issue with multi faction/type mob fights.

Methodology/Expected result: (Greater Marks+Staff Mastery) Mark of Blood to place 3 bleeds on 2 or more enemy targets; followed by Putrid Mark. Condition stacks and types should not change unless enemy has placed a condition on me.

HotM: 2 Golem test dummies; no transfer or purge of conditions between targets.

Sparkfly Fen: 2 Marsh drakes; no transfer or purge of conditions between targets. Poison they placed on me was placed on one drake.

Sparkfly Fen: 2 Marsh drakes + Hatchling Marsh Drake; no transfer or purge of conditions between targets. Poison they placed on me was placed on one drake.

(Last two were repeated with same overall results of expected Putrid Mark behavior)

Sparkfly Fen: Hermit Crab (yellow- I auto attacked once and led into 2nd mob) + Ridgeback Skale; Observed initial 3 stacks of bleed on each, then after Putrid Mark applied, 6 stacks on Skale.

Conclusion: Something is getting the Putrid Mark mechanics confused when it comes to what counts as an enemy or ally of the caster when fighting multiple mobs of differing factions/types. It’s possible the mark mechanics are checking for conditions to transfer based on whether or not available condition donor targets are enemies of the condition recipient target instead of whether they are enemies of the caster.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

maybe it has to do with agro non-agro mobs since you are seeing this with different mob types or were they all agro mobs?

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I hope someone is testing this in spvp or wvw. If classes are considered different types, I am cleansing my enemies.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

flow.6043

I was just going to ask the same. Can you cleanse enemy players with it?

What I did observe for sure was one of those veteran guards being cleansed and all condis were transfered to some snowleopard or something…

(edited by flow.6043)

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

I hope someone is testing this in spvp or wvw. If classes are considered different types, I am cleansing my enemies.

A more likely scenario in WvW would be cleansing a player from one realm when involved in a three-way fight.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

sounds like it’s programmed such that first one mob is chosen to be the condition recipient, then all foes of that mob give their conditions to that mob.

That mobs of the same type never fight each other indicates that they look green to each other, so no conditions are transferred between them. However mobs of different types can be foes and thus can have conditions transferred.

In other words, instead of “allies to foes” as stated in the ingame skill description, it’s “foes of the foe.” The enemy of my enemy… I guess

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Honestly to me it doesnt really matter (the 1200 range condi cleanse + actually good damage on staff is whats important on putrid), but if it is working like that in pvp (as in it transfers all condis from enemy charr to asura) its only ok if its race priority list to transfer is: Purge the world of asura>Norn are boring>Plants are the reason for saladmancer but ok>CHARRIOR>Master human race of the 5 gods.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Honestly to me it doesnt really matter (the 1200 range condi cleanse + actually good damage on staff is whats important on putrid), but if it is working like that in pvp (as in it transfers all condis from enemy charr to asura) its only ok if its race priority list to transfer is: Purge the world of asura>Norn are boring>Plants are the reason for saladmancer but ok>CHARRIOR>Master human race of the 5 gods.

If by purge you mean purge our Conditions and transfer them down the list then sure, I agree with your list you silly bookah.

Either way yeah what an odd bug.
It doesn’t sound THAT bad, but it’s definitely not a good thing either.
I hope that the devs take notice.
…It’s good to live in hope. :P

Benight[Edge]

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Overkillengine.6084

That’s what my assumption is as well. I would like to point out that it doing this can be to our advantage if we use Epidemic after Putrid Mark in multiple faction fights.

Assuming of course Putrid mark does not bug out and make the condition stacks go poof.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nugget.8031

Nugget.8031

Its probably just the holograms they are really buggy. On my ranger I can throw traps on a hologram and they will go off even though there’s no mobs and the hologram hasn’t been activated.

nvm just tested this and it seems to happen for any two different mobs.

(edited by Nugget.8031)

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

anymore testing or information about this bug? Are there similar skills in other professions that may have the same bug?

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

It sounds like it is pulling conditions from enemies of the target rather than allies of the source of the mark. I will take a look at this tomorrow. Is this new?

Jon

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

This would be quite hilarious if it worked consistently… Fill someone with conditions, epidemic them then putrid mark them all back onto one guy.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Is this new?

I believe it has been there since the fix for the ground target indicator for Greater Marks or since the hotfix for Greater Marks – Staff Mastery.
I’m not sure though… could be a more recent bug.

This would be quite hilarious if it worked consistently… Fill someone with conditions, epidemic them then putrid mark them all back onto one guy.

It kinda works consistently. The target closest to the center of the mark is the one getting all the conditions.
But I’d rather maintain my aoe conditions tbh.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Battletorn.4102

Battletorn.4102

I have been having problems with this since the patch that affected marks.

www.WvWStrategy.net Get loot bags.

[ONE] Fight as One http://fightasone.enjin.com

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

This is one bizarre bug to say the least. I hope it isn’t doing this in WvW also.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: cbabd.8053

cbabd.8053

If Jon’s description was accurate, then this would only come up in WvW during fights involving all three servers.

[Gunnar’s Hold] [RPS]
Saphnabylni | Alyquia | Hrafn Halldorsson | Roshanai Abbasi | Aghrama Steamfur

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: zach.1847

zach.1847

noticed this too

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

It sounds like it is pulling conditions from enemies of the target rather than allies of the source of the mark. I will take a look at this tomorrow. Is this new?

Jon

Thanks a ton for looking into this, Jon and super sorry that I haven’t uploaded the videos, guys. I do have a few, but again.. not very good. Real life is hectic at the moment so I haven’t had time to make them better.

Again, I can confirm that neither Greater Marks nor Staff Mastery have an affect on this issue. I do have videos of all of my tests and on two different types. However, I do have a better video that I will post.

I’m sorry that it’s not great quality, I’m not used to recording and for some reason it was coming up as corrupt in Movie Maker so I couldn’t edit it. I will narrate what I did in the video though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGFqtV08sXU

Gathered up the Moa and Ettin. Cast Mark of Blood (3 Bleeds), then cast Chillblains (Poison, Chill) – targeted both to show that they have the appropriate conditions -, then cast Putrid Mark (Cause Weakness).

So, what both targets should have after the Putrid Mark is: 3 Bleeds, Poison, Chill and Weakness – Note, Moa has 4 Bleeds due to the crit.

However, the Ettin lost his Bleeds stacks and the Moa didn’t gain them. The Bleeds on the Ettin disappeared.
The Moa also lost it’s Poison.

In my other videos where I just tested Mark of Blood and Putrid Mark, the Bleeds would transfer from one enemy to the other.

I hope this helps.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

I haven’t checked but is this affecting the ability in PVP as well?

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Jon

I think Jon has it right here. I need to test it on NPC creatures on Legacy/Forest in sPvP.

Leman

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: soulartistrb.7509

soulartistrb.7509

I tried it too in pve on a ram and dolyak, and it transferred the 3 bleeds that were on the ram to the dolyak. Thanks for pointing this out. Even stranger, I tried it on 3 different types a moose, moa and arctodus and it transferred all the bleeds from the moa and moose to the arctodus. Odd thing is, that it’s transferring to the one I’m not targeting.

Lots of toons and so little time :D

(edited by soulartistrb.7509)

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: the devils eye.9258

the devils eye.9258

Use it like this:

1) cast around 10 condition stacks on the foes.
2) cast the mark than cast epedimic

result you have double your dmg output on the entire mob

I wonder if this is a real bug… maybe its bugged in description of the skill and they should change it to transfer conditions from foes to target foe… maybe they just missed in the word allies and foes?

o and devs pls dont ban the necro’s now for using this awsome skill in case it is bug… we can’t do nothing about that

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Guys keep in mind that this bug only seems to be happening against enemies when there is more than 1 type of enemy getting hit by Putrid Mark.

By type I mean not of the same species, for example: Moa and Ettin. Skelk and Boar. Troll and Hologram.

I’m not sure, I haven’t been able to test it in World Vs. World, but I would imagine that players would all be of the same “type” of enemy, regardless of the server.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Jon, since we’re talking about marks in this thread, I want to bring this up.

Staff #2 skill Mark of Blood gives 3 stacks of bleeding. The Mark of Evasion trait in the Blood Magic tree that drops a Mark of Blood on dodge roll only gives 2 stacks of bleeding. Is this intentional or is this a bug? We’ve never been given confirmation of this.

Stuff goes here.

Putrid Mark bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: the devils eye.9258

the devils eye.9258

Guys keep in mind that this bug only seems to be happening against enemies when there is more than 1 type of enemy getting hit by Putrid Mark.

By type I mean not of the same species, for example: Moa and Ettin. Skelk and Boar. Troll and Hologram.

I’m not sure, I haven’t been able to test it in World Vs. World, but I would imagine that players would all be of the same “type” of enemy, regardless of the server.

As necro epedemic is a really great skill in wvw… and there also running birds etc around there nothing so handy for a necro to also get them into the combat even whitout this bug.

they get more healing and can spread there conditions much faster and much higher…
its realy fun to see the gaurds wonder why you attack a bird instead of them and than they think o lets kill that necro and than boom there death, there buffs are all the sudden conditions the bird you atc whit epedemic boom some condition it stacks so high s far as i know only one fully cleric gaurdian was able to put up a litle bid of fight

the only trick into it is to take enough foes but not to much works pretty great when you have around 4 to 5 to fight at once