PvE Flesh Golem Aggro radius.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moros.6274

Moros.6274

I know for a fact that I’m not to only one having this issue with the stupid thing, but I’d like to see just how widespread the problem is.

How many necros have used the flesh golem and watched him run, unprovoked, past 3-4 aggressive creeps (pulling them all) to attack one far out of your range, all while you were simply sitting idle, not targeting anything?

Or better yet, you finish a long, close fight, only for the golem to run over and begin attacking another creep that had yet to be aggroed, thus continuing the fight before you have time to heal? Three, four or even five times in a row? I’ve carefully positioned myself to only fight one single creep, only to end up clearing the room during the fight because the idiot golem just runs over to the next closest creep as soon as the original target dies.

It’s getting very tiresome.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

You must be new to necro so I welcome you to the class and I hope you enjoy the stay and to answer your question. All necros have the issue of fleshie the flesh golem attacking whatever he wants, 9 miles away from you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

copypasta AI from the regular pve mobs = necro minions and ranger pets should have a special ed helmet pasted on them as a warning.

in Necromancer

Moros.6274

You must be new to necro so I welcome you to the class and I hope you enjoy the stay and to answer your question. All necros have the issue of fleshie the flesh golem attacking whatever he wants, 9 miles away from you.

I’m not new at all, it just took me a while to get annoyed enough to actually post about it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: pyronix.4081

pyronix.4081

aside from the problem indicated above, the other problem i have with the flesh golem is that there are times when it will just stand there and not attack the mob i’m attacking. the same goes for the other minions. >_<

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

After a few weeks of not playing my necro, I took him to the event today…

…and don’t even get me started on how worthless this class is.

I am actually angry that this game was released with this class being this bad. It’s almost as if every single spell, skill, pet, trait, everything is broken in some way.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

I’m not new at all, it just took me a while to get annoyed enough to actually post about it.

You must be new to the forum then, it’s actually one of the most complained “working as intended” problems.

in Necromancer

Moros.6274

You must be new to the forum then, it’s actually one of the most complained “working as intended” problems.

Yeah I don’t lurk the forums a lot.

If that’s “working as intended” then AN either completely sucks or just hates necros. You’d figure with all of the class’ other problems they’d at least let us have ONE skill that won’t kill us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.3645

Cempa.3645

Why not give some kind of option like pets -not saying turn minion into fully blown out pets- so minion never agros anything on its own. This the way the player can simply click a box and the minion will never attack anything the master is not attacking!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

Yeah I don’t lurk the forums a lot.

If that’s “working as intended” then AN either completely sucks or just hates necros. You’d figure with all of the class’ other problems they’d at least let us have ONE skill that won’t kill us.

Afaik, no dev ever said that this was “working as intended”.

There was one post though where Jon Peters basically said that Jagged Horrors (like other minions) should only target what you target and not aggro on their own. And if they didn’t, this should be looked into. Since we all know that ALL minions don’t follow this behaviour, I guess it’s safe to assume that they will work on this. (Apparently, a lot of people expected this to be in the last post already, but to be honest, with their whole iterative process thing, I can see how they didn’t have time to fit it in anymore.)